monowall "To use or not to use?"

Hi

I've been testing monowall (http://m0n0.ch/wall/) for a couple of days now
and it seem to be working very good.

Is there any others out there who has any other experience of this software
firewall.

Thanks / Birger, Sweden

0
Birger
6/2/2005 7:44:49 AM
grc.security.software 15003 articles. 0 followers. Follow

RFC: interactions between "use bytes", "use locale", and "use feature 'unicode_strings'
I am waiting for blead to reopen before I submit a patch for extending feature unicode_strings to matching \s, and \w. In documenting it, it occurred to me that the existing implementation is wrong, along with the existing interaction between use bytes and use locale. To refresh your memory, "use feature 'unicode_strings'" is supposed to mean that even non-utf8 data is to be considered to have Unicode semantics. In practice, this only affects the characters from 128-255. It is new in 5.12, and is implemented there only on functions that change case, such a...

"Using" or "With"

Using "+" or "||"

Replacing "use base" with "use parent"
--bcaec554da9c7514d304ca32ffa3 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, From the base.pm documentation<http://perldoc.perl.org/base.html#DESCRIPTIO= N>: Unless you are using the fields pragma, consider this module discouraged in favor of the lighter-weight parent . From the parent.pm documentation<http://perldoc.perl.org/parent.html#HISTOR= Y> : This module was forked from base to remove the cruft that had accumulated in it. parent.pm is a 30 lines pure Perl dual module available also in core since 5.10...

RE: Using "do" versus "use" for subroutine
Edward Wijaya wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know which of this > is better and what is the pro and cons: > > 1. A file "mysub.pl" which stored > a subroutine, and later called by > main file using: do "mysub.pl" > > or > > 2. A file "mysub.pm" and called > in main file using : use "mysub.pm" The second construct is not valid; the argument to "use" must be a bareword. It's not really possible to answer your question without knowing more details. I'm not clear about what&#...

When loading gmail must always "reload" once unless using the secure loading site. When using the secure loading site loading takes four times as long. So I don't use the secure loading site, I just
Name: Dwight Metcalfe Email: dwmet1atgmaildotco Product: Firefox Summary: When loading gmail must always "reload" once unless using the secure loading site. When using the secure loading site loading takes four times as long. So I don't use the secure loading site, I just "reload" the other site once automatically just to save time. Hmmmmmmmm. Comments: Only been doing that about a month. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to reade...

Using "using"
In C#, when instantiating objects, it seems like there are two choices; 1) fully specify the hierarchy (i.e. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection) or 2) placing a using statement (i.e using System.Data.SqlClient;) so you can using the more direct reference (in this case "SqlConnection"). What are the factors involved with deciding to use a using statement versus fully referencing everything in the code? using is just a shortcut so that you don't have to write the entire namespace out for each instantiation.  The drawback is that someone reading your code may not immediat...

how to use "Match" the special char "\" as using filter
Thx JJ \\ "JJ" <jasonyklau@sinaman.com> wrote in message news:404bd593$1@forums-2-dub... > Thx > JJ > > ...

WSE-Security using "PasswordProvider" and "SendHashed"
Hi, Im playing around with WSE-Security (1.0) where Im sending login-information using an "UserNameToken". I want to use it with the option "SendHashed" to keep the password secure. In the service Ive added a "PasswordProvider"-class that should return the password of the passed username so that "WSE" can validate it (I suppose that the WSE-mechanism is just re-hashing the value). The thing is that Im storing all my users passwords HASHED in the database (to keep them secure if someone gets their eyes on the db). This means that I CANT get...

Using group to give "edit components" rights and "use for bugs"
I have a product, and I want to give the rights to adminster that product (edit components and so on) to another person. According to the documentation (3.4.4, 3.15), using a group seems to be the proper way to do this, so I created a group for the purpose. Now, the documentation says (section 3.4.4) that "After selecting the "Edit Group Access Controls" link from the "Edit Product" page, a table containing all user-defined groups for this Bugzilla installation is displayed.". So, I did select "Edit Group Access Controls" for the product, and...

What systems using "\r\n" and what systems using "\n" etc ?
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C353EC.615A7010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is that any module can help to detect what is the right new line = declaration for the=20 current system ? Somwhat if the system is detected be Windows, the = newline declaration is "\n", for *nix, is "\r\n" , for Mac and etc. Thanks in advise ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C353EC.615A7010-- In article <002e01c353a9$54133830$3210a8c0@ORG>, LI NGOK LAM wrote: > ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C353EC.615A7010 &...

What to use instead of "cin" and "cout" which VCL doesn't use
I want to ask the user their name which I will then put on a label. There may be a better way but in the meantime I have used a TextOut message to Ask for their name and then put a memo box at the end of the sentence, which I find they can type into, I think. Question is How can I get or where to I find what they typed so I can put it in my label storage. I notice that there is a "Lines" property for Memo that say TString and if you click on it you get a code editor. I have been reading for days but I can figure out where to go from here. Any help would be greatly apprecia...

Whan can i do? make "string" data type convert to "window" data type, and use a "window" name to get it ancestor "window name", thanks! i use pb5
Rich, With a string window name, you can open a window of that type if you need to. You could, of course, query that window object for any attributes. Another option is to use the LibraryExport function to export the definition of the window which is specified by the string. You can then parse the resulting file to get information on the ancestor object. HTH Sanjiv. "Rich" <windows_ce@netease.com> wrote in message news:2Xsr1WW0AHA.178@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

[ID 20020307.006] [BUG][use encoding] use encoding 'greek'; print "not" unless pack("U*", 0x3af) eq pack("C*", 0xdf) prints "not"!
This is a bug report for perl from "Anton Tagunov" <tagunov@motor.ru>, generated with the help of perlbug 1.33 running under perl v5.7.3. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, developers! Hello, Jarkko! Please consider the following test being added: --- lib/encoding.t.orig Fri Feb 8 07:12:05 2002 +++ lib/encoding.t Thu Mar 7 19:38:39 2002 @@ -1,4 +1,4 @@ -print "1..19\n"; +print "1..20\n"; BEGIN { if (ord("A") == 193) { @@ -89,3 +89,7 @@ print "not " unless "\x...

Web resources about - monowall "To use or not to use?" - grc.security.software