Is it free to upgrade to version 5.5?
0
Martin
12/3/2003 3:43:00 PM
grc.security.software 15003 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Martin C.E." <martin_2003@mail.com> wrote in message
> I have Sygate Pro 5.0.
>
> Is it free to upgrade to version 5.5?

Yes.In Sygate Pro 5.0 go to Tools>Update Signature.
0
JohnRT
12/3/2003 6:16:00 PM
"JohnRT" <cartwright@sf.spam.com> wrote:

> "Martin C.E." <martin_2003@mail.com> wrote in message
>> I have Sygate Pro 5.0.
>>
>> Is it free to upgrade to version 5.5?
>
> Yes.In Sygate Pro 5.0 go to Tools>Update Signature.

I can't find Tools -> Update Signature in Sygate pro 5.0

But I can find Options -> Updates -> Update signature.

Is that the same thing?  If so, then it does not upgrade my 5.0 to
5.5.

Can someone please advise.
0
Martin
12/15/2003 8:55:00 AM
Martin C.E. wrote:

> "JohnRT" <cartwright@sf.spam.com> wrote:
>

>>"Martin C.E." <martin_2003@mail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I have Sygate Pro 5.0.
>>>
>>>Is it free to upgrade to version 5.5?
>>
>>Yes.In Sygate Pro 5.0 go to Tools>Update Signature.
>

> I can't find Tools -> Update Signature in Sygate pro 5.0
>
> But I can find Options -> Updates -> Update signature.
>
> Is that the same thing?  If so, then it does not upgrade my 5.0 to
> 5.5.
>
> Can someone please advise.

Updating the signature is not, as you have discovered, the same as a
programme update. On the Updates tab of Options, is there not an option
to check for new versions of the firewall - automatic and a button to
check now?

--
Howard
0

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

upgrade from 5.0 to 5.5
Hi, What's he path upgrading to anywhere 5.0 to 5.5? Can I download the upgrade kit from the web or do I need to buy it from Sybase. Cheers Chito Hello, The maintenanace patches on the Web should be able to handle it. Regards, Raymond Kwong Sybase iAnywhere Solutions On Thu, 14 Jun 2001 21:39:19 -0400, 14/6/2001 wrote: > Hi, > > What's he path upgrading to anywhere 5.0 to 5.5? Can I download the > upgrade kit from the web or do I need to buy it from Sybase. > > Cheers > > Chito The v5505 maintenance release can be fo...

Upgrade to 5.5.0.5
Hi, Does anyone have a guestimate date for the release of 5.5.0.5, and will it contain Power Dynamo 2.0? ken harkness I would expect 5.5.04 to be released before you see 5.5.05. They say 5.5.04 is imminent but "imminent" is relative. On Fri, 09 Jan 1998 12:40:51 -0500, "Jim Egan" <eganjp@compuserve.com> wrote: >I would expect 5.5.04 to be released before you see 5.5.05. They say >5.5.04 is imminent but "imminent" is relative. ..04 is now here. ftp.powersoft.com /pub2/pbuilder/maintfls/win/504 great, but: Why is it NOT in ...

Upgrade from 5.5.5 to GW 6.5.0
Are there any things that I need to look at before I upgrade my GroupWise. I have been reading the install procedures, but there is always something unexpected that comes along. I am running NW 6.0.2 and GW 5.5.5, with webaccess running on a different NW server. I also have David fax ware running on a different server that comes into play. I have about 200 users that will be using GW and I am going to upgrade this week end. I will be upgrading MTA, POA, WebAccess and GWIA. Any tips out there that would save me a lot of problems. Thanks, Tim Well I dunno anything ab...

Upgrade to 5.4.5 or 5.5
Hi, Currently we are running eBiz version 5.4.2.5 under Winodw2000. We are having cluster died issue since the beginning. Now we are planning to move to 5.4.6 or 5.5. Would someone help me to share if there are any serious issues with new versions (for windows)? Should we go with Win2000 or Win2003. Thanks Aftab Aftab,.. Our advise for this moment is to run impact 5.4.6. under Win2003. (See also your earlier replay on Carl's post) We do have some problems with startin a cluster from a earlier ersion of impact. The cluster won't start always correct or won't...

Upgrade 5.5.5 to 6.5
I'm wondering if I can upgrade my whole backend (MTA & POA's) and then gradually (pick and choose) which clients I want to switch over to the new 6.5 client. Can I do this ? Caledonia's "GW 6.5 Upgrade Guide" says yes, but to watch out for 1) the renamed Sent Items folder and 2) D109 errors opening mail. Has anyone got the #2) error and is it very prominent ? David Schryer SOLGEN You can. The D109 error can happen from time to time. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sys...

upgrade 5.5.04 to 5.5.05
I have build 1982 of 5.5.04 installed and tried to install 5.5.05 over this since there were a lot of bug-fixes. After installation had finished I notised that the installation had not replaced any files. I suspect the reason is that build 1982 of 5.5.04 has newer date (sep. 7. 99) than 5.5.05 (july 22. 99). What is the best version for me to use? If 5.5.05. is the best version, how should i upgrade? Thanks in advance, Lars Yes this is true - we look at file dates Please backup your software, then install 5.5.04 off your CD, then install 5.5.05 patch Lars Inge ...

Upgrading from 5.5.00 to 5.5.04
Greetings everyone I currently have the dubious honour of looking into upgrading our 5.5.00 database to 5.5.04 (the comments I have read in this ng regarding ASA 6 lead me to believe that a greater leap is too dangerous at this time). Our only previous experience of upgrading the database was a move from 5.0.02 to 5.5.00 which resulted in breaking our accounting module leading to numerous fixes and costly retesting. The breakages were mainly due to behavioural changes of the ODBC driver (e.g. in stored procs - not using the result clause for the column names and types for backward ...

How to do from ASA5.5.0.4 #1867 To 5.5.0.5?
Hi , I have 1 database on ASA5.5.04 Built #1867, Today I download the package 5.5.0.5 from Sybase web page,after I run the setup.exe. I can not start my database anymore. Can anyone help me. Thanks A Lot! Kadee What error are you getting? /ck "kadee" <kadee@pchome.com.tw> wrote in message news:$O6WtrS6BHA.238@forums.sybase.com... > Hi , > > I have 1 database on ASA5.5.04 Built #1867, > Today I download the package 5.5.0.5 from > Sybase web page,after I run the setup.exe. > I can not start my database anymore. > > Can...

Upgrading 5.0.03 to 5.5.04
I need to upgrade several client sites from 5.0.03 to 5.5.04 (authenticated version). Many of the sites are very far away, and have little (or none) on-site tech people. Often times, sites aren't aware that they have a server, or which computer it is. Most of our support is done via PC-Anywhere. However, we are seldom able to dial in to the server, but instead have to dial in to a client machine. Some sites are using NT servers, and others are using Novell. I realize the service manager on the server will need to be stopped for the upgrade to occur, but other than that, I hop...

GW6.5 upgrade from 5.5 on SBS5.0
Will GW6.5 run on SBS5.0? Docs all indicate 5.1 requirement, no mention of the 5.0 platform It will run it is just not supported by Novell in case you get problems. We ran it on NetWare 4.11 for a while in order to able to upgrade. Cheers, Edward <jerry@svcinc.com> wrote in message news:ho5ne.5984$_w.3136@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Will GW6.5 run on SBS5.0? Docs all indicate 5.1 requirement, no mention > of the 5.0 platform ...

NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 Upgrade to NW 6.0 GW 6.5 and New Hardware
We are planning on upgrading a mirrored NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 server to a raid 5 NW 6.0 GW 6.5 server in a mixed NW 5.0/NW 6.0 environment. My supervisor has been having me try restoring NDS from a tape backup onto test servers to simulate our production network before implementing the upgrade. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to simulate our production network (Is it necessary to do this) for testing? and/or Is there more than one method to accomplish the transition between old NW5.0/GW5.5 and new NW6.0/GW6.5 and a specific order to follow for that method? My superv...

Upgrading 5.5 to 6.5
I am planning on upgrading our network (NW5.0, GW5.5) to SBS6.5 including a new server earmarked (initially) for email. I do not want my users to lose email during the upgrade and want to know the best way to move them from the old server to the new server. My plan is to install the new (SBS) server onto the existing 5.0 network and include GW6.5 on it as a second post office. The new PO will include GWIA and all of the agents. Since there are only 20 mailboxes, I was going to move them manually to the new PO. Are they any pitfalls to doing this? I have seen some traffic about prob...

upgrading to GW6.5 from 5.5
Is it recommended to have two domains before upgrading to 6.5? Setup one as the primary and another as secondary. Any good TIDs on doing this? The Domain is the first piece I need to upgrade right? Henry Lei wrote: > Is it recommended to have two domains before upgrading to 6.5? Setup one as > the primary and another as secondary. Any good TIDs on doing this? > > The Domain is the first piece I need to upgrade right? > Please post this in the groupwise forum. -- Andy Thompson Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No email support, thanks.) ...

Web resources about - Free to upgrade Sygate from 5.0 to 5.5 - grc.security.software

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...

President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

ModBook Upgrade by TechRestore - YouTube
http://www.techrestore.com/ - TechRestore Video - Here is the world's first Modbook upgrade video - TechRestore stop-motion style, of course! ...