F-Secure Internet Security 2003 vs NIS 2003

F-Secure Internet Security 2003 vs. NIS 2003 any experienced user can tell
me which one I should install on XP Pro?

TIA
0
BOB
6/12/2003 1:42:00 AM
grc.security.software 15003 articles. 0 followers. Follow

BOB wrote in news:bc8lpg$vu5$1@news.grc.com:

> F-Secure Internet Security 2003 vs. NIS 2003 any experienced user
> can tell me which one I should install on XP Pro?

No, but FWIW I avoid Symantec products like the plague.
0
Mark
6/12/2003 2:14:00 AM
In message <bc8lpg$vu5$1@news.grc.com>, BOB <rodaru@hotmail.com> writes
>F-Secure Internet Security 2003 vs. NIS 2003 any experienced user can tell
>me which one I should install on XP Pro?

An experienced user might suggest neither - perhaps.

It all depends on what you are trying to protect, and what other
defences you have in place.

Me?  I wouldn't bother to use either, but another XP-Pro user might be
well advised to use one or other in particular.

The problem is, if you give enough detail for an 'expert' to give an
opinion in public, you've given enough detail for someone to realise the
precise tools needed to hack you...

Try one of your (limited) two choices, and then get a friendly cracker
to try to show your strategy up...

etc....

--
Jim Crowther                  "It's MY computer" (tm SMG)
One way to escape spam: <http://popfile.sourceforge.net/>

Norton Internet Security vs. F-Secure
Norton Internet Security vs. F-Secure can you compare? BOB <rodaru@hotmail.com> wrote: > Norton Internet Security vs. F-Secure can you compare? Try grc.security.software. http://grc.com/nntpquickref.htm -- Robert List of Lists - http://lists.gpick.com/ Eric Howe's Privacy and Security Site - http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/main-nf.htm ...

security too secure

How secure is secure?

when is secure, secure?

F Secure internet Security 2013
someone is asking for an opinion on this one and I have no experience with it. Just wondering if anyone here uses it, likes it, how well it behaves, anything...thanks..Mike ...

F-Secure Readies Security Software For Linux
F-Secure Corp. on Tuesday unveiled security software for open-source Samba file servers and Linux, addressing a need that's growing within the enterprise market. The Finnish company announced the availability of antivirus software for Samba that automatically detects and removes viruses from files stored on the server. The new product is meant to protect all Samba-attached computers from malicious code that could enter the network from a Windows or Linux machine. Next month, F-Secure plans to ship a Linux version of F-Secure Policy Manager, which will extend centrally managed ...

Software [In]Security: Twitter Security
Making Your Thoughts as Small and Incomplete as Possible Just for the record, I don't use Twitter. But if this column were a Twitter entry, it might read something like: http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1350268&cid=nl_DR_DAILY_T -- "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Security
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080100010401000103080002 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm a Mac user 10.4.8 of Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 & am wondering how "Enabling FIPS" will improve my security? I can't seem to find any explanation of FIPS under Thunderbird help. -- Have a good day R Schwager --------------080100010401000103080002 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Tr...

Secure connections: how secure are they?
*QUOTE* ......... both useful and malicious information can be transmitted via network connections. Standard solutions protect computers against threats present in standard network connections, but aren't able to counter threats present in secure connections. Verifying the contents of a secure connection is impossible by virtue of its secure nature, as demonstrated by the different types of protection listed above. As a result, malicious data within secure channels can cause a significant amount of damage, and sometimes more than if it were to be transmitted via a standard, non-s...

Password secure...is it secure?
Yes I just got this baby and I LOVE it! Its great. I have stored all my passwords inside of it (and yes made a few backups from them in secure locations) How secure is this program really? It uses blowfish to encrypt the database but how strong blowfish? 128bits? 256? 448? Anything else I should think about it? I have putted it and its databases inside PGPdisk just to play it safe...but then again Im a paranoid. :) -- Markus Jansson ************************************ My privacy related homepage and PGP keys: http://www.geocities.com/jansson_markus/ ********...

form security against security
i have a form in my website which is to be filled by user and that form stores in database(sql server 2005). but someone told me that anyone can run script  in textboxes in that form and can damage database, so how to avoid such security lack.  it is common practice to use parameterized sql statements or stored procs to insure you are protected from sql injections attacks. if you concatenate user input directly into a sql statement, then you are at risk.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converte...

How secure is secure enough?
July 28, 2008 (Computerworld) This story originally appeared in Computerworld's print edition. If there is a Holy Grail in the information security industry, it surely is the answer to the question, "How secure is secure enough?" It's a question that many security managers have either avoided answering altogether or tried to quickly sidestep by throwing a fistful of mainly pointless operational metrics at anyone who cared to ask. http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=321921&intsrc=hm_list -- "Never d...

How secure is AuthenticationTypes.Secure?
I understand that AuthenticationTypes.Secure requests secure authentication using Kerberos or NTLM (??). However, here is a scenario I am trying to understand. Let us say that I am having a regular ASP.NET site - with SSL certificates not installed on the web server. The login sends the request out to an AD server which also does not have certificates installed. However, I have set Secure flag to AuthenticationTypes.Secure. When the username and password data gets transmitted between the application and the LDAP server, how secure are the password and username info? In other words is this in...

VPN security vrs Internet Security
I think I'm missing something really obvious and simple, but I can't work this out, and I can't work out why I don't know. I've been listening to GRC podcasts (14 & 15) on VPN , very interesting. But I can't grasp a very simple issue. You talk about the insecurity of wifi in hotels, cafes etc and suggest a VPN to your home router as the solution. In the wifi location people could sniff your passwords to email, ftp account, banking, etc ... but VPN your connection to home and it's safe from there. Why is it any safer from your home router ... wh...

Web resources about - F-Secure Internet Security 2003 vs NIS 2003 - grc.security.software

F-Secure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
F-Secure Corporation (formerly Data Fellows ) is an anti-virus , cloud content and computer security company based in Helsinki , Finland . The ...

F-Secure Freedome (@FreedomeVPN) on Twitter

F-Secure Freedome VPN on the App Store on iTunes
Get F-Secure Freedome VPN on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

F-Secure - Vendor Directory - ARN
F-Secure is an online security and privacy company from Finland. We offer millions of people around the globe the power to surf invisibly and ...

f-secure - News, Features, and Slideshows - CIO
Latest news, features, and slideshows on f-secure from CIO

f-secure - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on f-secure from Computerworld

Duqu - Stuxnet - McAfee - Symantec - F-Secure - cyber espionage
Security researchers have identified a new highly sophisticated computer virus similar to Stuxnet, the worm that targeted Iran's nuclear facilities ...

F-Secure - 9to5Google
A recent […] report by F-Secure raised privacy concerns by stating that Xiaomi devices are sending phone numbers to Xiaomi’s servers. These concerns ...

F-Secure SAFE 2015 protects desktops, tablets and phones
F-Secure has released F-Secure SAFE 2015 , a multi-platform security suite which protects Windows and Mac desktops, and Windows 8, Android and ...

FSC1V News: F-Secure OYJ Headlines & Press Releases - Bloomberg
Breaking news on F-Secure OYJ (FSC1V) including company news, press releases and other Computer Data Security headline news.