Darik's Boot and Nuke 1.0.2 - A boot floppy that wipes hard disks.

Subject:      Darik's Boot and Nuke 1.0.2
- A boot floppy that wipes hard disks.
Date:         Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:44:46 +0000 (UTC)

About:
Darik's Boot and Nuke (DBAN) is a self-contained boot floppy that securely
wipes the hard disks of most computers. DBAN will automatically and
completely delete the contents of any hard disk that it can detect, which
makes it an appropriate utility for bulk or emergency data destruction.

Changes:
This release contains the Linux 2.4.22 kernel, which has new and updated
drivers.

Release focus: Minor feature enhancements
License: GNU General Public License (GPL)
Project URL: http://freshmeat.net/projects/dban/
Zip: http://freshmeat.net/redir/dban/33035/url_zip/showfiles.php

Regards
Gordon
0
Gordon
9/25/2003 1:13:00 AM
grc.security.software 15003 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Gordon Darling" <gordondarling@no*spam.lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
> Subject:      Darik's Boot and Nuke 1.0.2
> - A boot floppy that wipes hard disks.
> Date:         Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:44:46 +0000 (UTC)
>
> About:
> Darik's Boot and Nuke (DBAN) is a self-contained boot floppy that securely
> wipes the hard disks of most computers. DBAN will automatically and
> completely delete the contents of any hard disk that it can detect, which
> makes it an appropriate utility for bulk or emergency data destruction.

Better not forget removing that diskette before you reboot ...

--
Joep
0

Amarok 2.0.1 does't play mp3's after upgrade to KDE 4.2.1
Hi all. Today I've upgraded my openSUSE 11.1 for x86_64 to KDE 4.2.1 from buildservice. As a result, Amarok 2.0.1 stopped playing mp3s. Clicking on the same track several times results in a "Too many errors encountered in playlist" message, and the ~/.xsession-errors file gets the following line for each click on a track: QString::arg: Argument missing: Amarok - No track playing., 0:00 kdeinit4: preparing to launch xine is asking to seek behind the end of the data stream xine is asking to seek behind the end of the data stream QString::arg: Argument missing: Amaro...

Darik's Boot and Nuke
Is Darik's Boot and Nuke, http://dban.sourceforge.net/ an effective tool? Can you suggest alternatives? On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 07:05:52 -0700, Neo Phyte <Neo_Phyte@invalid.com> wrote: >Is Darik's Boot and Nuke, http://dban.sourceforge.net/ an effective >tool? Can you suggest alternatives? Autoclave03_Free_Disk_Sterilizer.zip From somewhere on the University of Washington site... I have a copy you can download if youwant to try it. http://www.itpeer.dyndns.org/dtae_FilesSection_notit.htm It may or may not be related in some way to Derik's -- Rudy...

Darik's Boot And Nuke
Has anyone successfully tried making a hard-disk wiping floppy with Darik's Boot And Nuke? http://dban.sourceforge.net/ In article <bl5ol1$bug$1@news.grc.com>, Daze@microchip.com says... > Has anyone successfully tried making a hard-disk wiping floppy with Darik's > Boot And Nuke? > > http://dban.sourceforge.net/ > > > I have done that successfully form this one: URL http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dban/dban-1.0.0_i386.zip BE AWARE though that it will wipe ALL disks connected to the computer. HTH -- Jaap "Jaapvs&quo...

Dban ( Darik's Boot and Nuke)
Hi all, I think this is the correct forum to ask this question. I want to completely erase a hard drive. Listening to "Security Now!", it becomes clear that the tool to use is Darik's Boot and Nuke. Where do I download this from? Thanks Cheers In <gd5p15$18o6$1@news.grc.com> from a foreign land far far away..... Luc R responded: | Hi all, | | I think this is the correct forum to ask this question. | | I want to completely erase a hard drive. Listening to "Security Now!", it | becomes clear that the tool to use is Darik's Boot...

Can I Execute An ASP.NET 1.1 Application's ASPX Page By Using Server.Execute From An ASP.NET 2.0 Application's ASPX Page
Hi All,Can someone help on this?I have 2 ASP.NET applications, 1 built in 1.1 and the other on 2.0In 1 of the aspx pages in my ASP.NET 2.0 application, I do Server.Execute and call another aspx page which is part of the ASP.NET 1.1 application. On doing this, I get this error: Invalid path for child request. A virtual path is expected.Is there any solution for this except for using Response.Redirect (WHICH I CANT USE). If not then can someone suggest a wayout for this:Whenever a new user signs up in my ASP.NET 2.0 application, I need to create a new user in my ASP.NET 1.1...

Replace 1's and 0's in a gridview column with Yes's and No's
Is it possible to change the display of a column in a gridview to show a Yes for all 1's and a No for 0's that display in a particular column of a gridview bound to a database?  If so, can someone share the way with me?  I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with VB Code Behind.  Thanks One way you can do is thrrough  CASE in your select statement: Select YesNoColumn= CASE yourColumn WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes' WHEN 0 THEN 'No' ELSE '' END FROM YourtableLimno <Columns>     <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="yourHeader" SortExpression="yourDataField"> ...

To Secure Boot or Not To Secure Boot...
I just bought a new desktop which of course had Windows 8 installed. Just my opinion, but I don't think Windows 8 is the turd it's made out be. I loaded Classic Shell to get the start menu back and it's basically back to normal Windows--except that they've taken away Aero and everything looks like Windows 3.1 again. Regardless, after doing a lot of reading about Secure Boot and the associated problems I wanted to try to dual boot Win 8 with Kubuntu. I never got out of the gate. For some reason I can't get Kubuntu 13.04 to boot from usb or cd with secure ...

Dual booting 11.2 & W7 while keeping W7's boot manager intact.
Hey guys, I'm finally decided to try Linux again and I chose to go with Suse this time. I have a question about configuring Linux's boot manager. First, my Windows partition and the future Suse partition will be on different HDDs, so this should ease things a bit. What I want is: Suse is on HDD 2 and Windows on HDD 1 HDD 2 will be the default Master drive, so I want GRUB to give me to option to boot either on Suse, either on Windows 7 I want to keep Windows 7 boot manager intact. I.E. If I switch HDD 1 to the Master drive, it will boot directly into Win 7. What I wante...

PC-BSD 9 dual booting in openSUSE's 12.1's GRUB
'Dual Booting - PC-BSD Wiki' (http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php?title=Dual_Booting&oldid=9374) I add Other System, at SDA 3 partition (PC-BSD's ZFS parititon) in Yast boot loader Window, but it won't work. The PC-BSD 9 installation said completed, restart when ready. No errors -- renegadeviking ------------------------------------------------------------------------ renegadeviking;2433130 Wrote: > 'Dual Booting - PC-BSD Wiki' > (http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php?title=Dual_Booting&oldid=9374) > > I add Other System, at SDA...

Firefox 2.0.0.17 breaks Replicon's WebTimeSheet 7.2 software.
Name: Chris Hecker Email: chrishatquicdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.17 breaks Replicon's WebTimeSheet 7.2 software. Comments: The 2.0.0.17 release of Firefox stops this software (see www.replicon.com) from working properly. Firefox 3 also won't work with this software. Firefox 2.0.0.16 and previous does work properly. IE 7 and previous also works properly. Apparently, 2.0.0.17 propagated something from Firefox 3 that breaks the Replicon software. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Gecko/20080829 ...

Boot.msg error:/boot/System.map-2.6.27.21-0.1-default
Hello, I recently updated my system from opensuse 11.0 to 11.1; by checking the logs I noticed a boot.msg error that I wish to show below: Inspecting /boot/System.map-2.6.27.21-0.1-default Cannot find map file. No module symbols loaded - kernel modules not enabled The strange fact is that system booting is perfect and I am not noticing any error or troubles, other than the failure of my laptop soft-key (HP Pavillion DV6230) to control system audio (on/off and volume stop to work). By issuing a: depmod -ae -F /boot/System.map-2.6.27.21-0.1-default I see that some modul...

2.0.0.3 Says it found new version, but it's 2.0.0.2
The Updated version dialog pops up and says the latest version is 2.0.0.2, but I'm running 2.0.0.3! I went ahead and did the update, and sure enough, I now have 2.0.0.2. And when I check for updates, it says there are no new versions. Did Mozilla do this on purpose? Is this happening to anyone besides me? jishcat@gmail.com wrote: > The Updated version dialog pops up and says the latest version is > 2.0.0.2, but I'm running 2.0.0.3! I went ahead and did the update, and > sure enough, I now have 2.0.0.2. And when I check for updates, it > says there are no new...

D.O.S. with Groupwise Messenger 1.0.1, 1.0.2 and 1.0.3
I reported this in the Groupwise Mesenger forum to no avail. I'll try my luck here :-) If you run a 'snmpwalk' on a Netware server running Groupwise Messenger V1.0.1 to V1.0.3) with _MESSENGER_ SNMP enabled, it will abend the server. With version 1.0.2 and 1.0.3, if you disable the Messenger SNMP, server won't abend but will only report SNMP info for Netware (and Groupwise if loaded and SNMP enabled). Can be easily tested by running the win32 snmpwalk from http://www.bradford-sw.com/board/board.cgi?id=BSI_Tools&action=download&gul=13 like this : snmpwal...

firebug-2.0.1-fx.xpi could not be installed because it's not comaptible with SM 2.26.1
firebug-2.0.1-fx.xpi could not be installed because it's not comaptible with SM 2.26.1 I just upgraded to SM 2.26.1 and i cannot use the FireBug addon - so what ? :-) Ray_Net wrote, On 14/07/2014 10:48: > firebug-2.0.1-fx.xpi could not be installed because it's not > comaptible with SM 2.26.1 > > I just upgraded to SM 2.26.1 and i cannot use the FireBug addon - so > what ? :-) FireBug downloaded from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firebug/ So normally it should be installable ... On 07/15/2014 02:27 AM, Ray_Net wrote: > WaltS48...

Web resources about - Darik's Boot and Nuke 1.0.2 - A boot floppy that wipes hard disks. - grc.security.software