Any Info on F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security

Does anyone have any experience with F-Secure Products?
And their new corporate product "F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security"?

Have searched this news group and a few forums without finding people
discussing the F-Secure products..  I am looking a this product to
replace the bloated Symantec AV and Zone Alarm on my peer based LAN
small network.  Any info on people's experience with F-Secure products
would be appreciated.

Acc7
0
acc7
4/17/2006 5:40:47 AM
grc.security.software 15003 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 01:40:47 -0400, acc7 wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with F-Secure Products? And their new
> corporate product "F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security"?
>
> Have searched this news group and a few forums without finding people
> discussing the F-Secure products..  I am looking a this product to replace
> the bloated Symantec AV and Zone Alarm on my peer based LAN small network.
>  Any info on people's experience with F-Secure products would be
> appreciated.
>
> Acc7

Can't specifically speak to the "...Client..." product, but can suggest
you go back and search the archives for F-prot AV. F-secure uses the
F-prot engine, sigs and heuristics scanning capabilities IIRC. Have used
F-prot for windows and linux now for several years with no complaints.

--

Nemomarii
0

> Can't specifically speak to the "...Client..." product, but can suggest
> you go back and search the archives for F-prot AV. F-secure uses the
> F-prot engine, sigs and heuristics scanning capabilities IIRC. Have used
> F-prot for windows and linux now for several years with no complaints.

I have used F-Prot for almost 12 years (since DOS v1.x).  F-Secure used to be
much more expensive than F-Prot, and I have no idea if it is as unobtrusive as
F-Prot.  I use F-Prot with Kerio.

0
John

How secure is secure?

security too secure

when is secure, secure?

F-Secure Client Security vulnerable to LeakTest
Hello. Was testing around, finally got my setup stealthed by using the XP SP2 = firewall in conjunction with my Client Security one(Client Security 6.00= = build 11251), and ShieldsUp gave me an a-ok. Real surprise came when I = tested with LeakTest... 1st test. Run LeakTest.exe from desktop, safe settings on in both = firewalls. LT is blocked by CS, repeatedly, OK. Turn off CS firewall, XP= = firewall breached, not surprising. Double-check CS reliability, rename = ..exe a couple of times, still blocking, OK. 2. test. Rename LeakTest.exe -> Opera.exe, move...

F-Secure Readies Security Software For Linux
F-Secure Corp. on Tuesday unveiled security software for open-source Samba file servers and Linux, addressing a need that's growing within the enterprise market. The Finnish company announced the availability of antivirus software for Samba that automatically detects and removes viruses from files stored on the server. The new product is meant to protect all Samba-attached computers from malicious code that could enter the network from a Windows or Linux machine. Next month, F-Secure plans to ship a Linux version of F-Secure Policy Manager, which will extend centrally managed ...

Anybody using F-Secure Client Security?
Is anybody else using F-Secure Client Security AND Novell BorderManager? If so, we've isolated a problem where Client Security 7.0.1 causes a BSOD & reboot when clntrust tries to initially authenticate to the proxy server. If you're already authenticated to the proxy server, everything works fine. If you unload clntrust and authenticate manually, everything works fine. The BSOD only occurs during the initial connection. It only affects about 10% of our users, but with that 10% it's *VERY* consistent. So far, the only fix we've come up with is to back-rev...

Software [In]Security: Twitter Security
Making Your Thoughts as Small and Incomplete as Possible Just for the record, I don't use Twitter. But if this column were a Twitter entry, it might read something like: http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1350268&cid=nl_DR_DAILY_T -- "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Security
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080100010401000103080002 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm a Mac user 10.4.8 of Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 & am wondering how "Enabling FIPS" will improve my security? I can't seem to find any explanation of FIPS under Thunderbird help. -- Have a good day R Schwager --------------080100010401000103080002 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Tr...

F-Secure Anti-Virus
Hi Is there anyone that managed to create a working zenapp to install this? I tried on Windows 2000 but the software complains that there is a problem with the installation and will not load if I install using the app i created with snapshot. Any ideas or help? Thanks Eugene In novell.support.management.zenworks.desktops.4x.app-launcher, says... > I tried on Windows 2000 but the software complains that there is a > problem with the installation and will not load if I install using the > app i created with snapshot. > > Any ideas or help? ...

How secure is AuthenticationTypes.Secure?
I understand that AuthenticationTypes.Secure requests secure authentication using Kerberos or NTLM (??). However, here is a scenario I am trying to understand. Let us say that I am having a regular ASP.NET site - with SSL certificates not installed on the web server. The login sends the request out to an AD server which also does not have certificates installed. However, I have set Secure flag to AuthenticationTypes.Secure. When the username and password data gets transmitted between the application and the LDAP server, how secure are the password and username info? In other words is this in...

F-Secure Anti-Virus
If you install F-Secure anti-virus, Delphi's licencing system produces an error and refers you to F-Secure for instructions as to how to configure f-Secure so as not to cause this problem. Does anyone know what the instructions are? I am unable to work whilst I wait for F-Secure to answer my query... > {quote:title=Mike Hall wrote:}{quote} > If you install F-Secure anti-virus, Delphi's licencing system produces an error and refers you to F-Secure for instructions as to how to configure f-Secure so as not to cause this problem. > > Does anyone know what the instruc...

Secure connections: how secure are they?
*QUOTE* ......... both useful and malicious information can be transmitted via network connections. Standard solutions protect computers against threats present in standard network connections, but aren't able to counter threats present in secure connections. Verifying the contents of a secure connection is impossible by virtue of its secure nature, as demonstrated by the different types of protection listed above. As a result, malicious data within secure channels can cause a significant amount of damage, and sometimes more than if it were to be transmitted via a standard, non-s...

form security against security
i have a form in my website which is to be filled by user and that form stores in database(sql server 2005). but someone told me that anyone can run script  in textboxes in that form and can damage database, so how to avoid such security lack.  it is common practice to use parameterized sql statements or stored procs to insure you are protected from sql injections attacks. if you concatenate user input directly into a sql statement, then you are at risk.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converte...

F-Secure Anti-Virus for MIMEsweeper Virus Detection Bypass
Software: F-Secure Anti-Virus for MIMEsweeper 5.x Description: A vulnerability has been reported in F-Secure Anti-Virus for MIMEsweeper, potentially allowing malware to bypass the virus detection. The vulnerability is caused due to an unspecified error, which reportedly causes a problem with properly detecting the Sober.D virus in ZIP archives. The vulnerability has been reported in versions 5.41 and 5.42 on all supported platforms. Solution: Apply Hotfix 13: ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/hotfix/fsav-msw/fsavsr541-13-signed.fsfix Provided and/or discovered by: Reported b...

Web resources about - Any Info on F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security - grc.security.software

Kaspersky Anti-Virus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kaspersky Anti-Virus ( Russian : Антивирус Касперского ; formerly known as AntiViral Toolkit Pro ; often referred to as KAV ) is an antivirus ...

The Facebook Anti-Virus Marketplace - Facebook
Facebook Security hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel The Facebook Anti-Virus Marketplace geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen. ...

Facebook roundup: Android app update, bullying prevention, anti-virus software, PAC donations, engineering ...
... also partnered with the Ad Council to raise awareness of the issue of bullying through a new PSA . Facebook partners with more anti-virus companies ...

Anti-Virus Detective for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Anti-Virus Detective on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

SophosLabs - What is Fake Anti-Virus? - YouTube
Fraser Howard, Principal Researcher for SophosLabs, explains what Fake Anti-Virus (FakeAV) is, why it's a popular method of attack, and why it ...

Kaspersky Lab launches Anti-Virus and Internet Security 2014
Kaspersky has brought its Anti-Virus 2014 and Internet Security 2014 products to the Australian market.

Internet security - anti-virus start-ups
The anti-virus industry has a dirty little secret: Its products are often not very good at stopping viruses.

China bars Symantec, Kaspersky anti-virus software from approved vendors list
Report is latest sign Chinese authorities are seeking to limit the use foreign IT products and services.

Internet security - anti-virus start-ups
The anti-virus industry has a dirty little secret: Its products are often not very good at stopping viruses.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update Cuts Internet Access For Thousands
Thousands of people were left without internet access after a faulty anti-virus update was pushed out by Kaspersky Lab.