Security software

CryptoHeaven v1.0 is now available at www.cryptoheaven.com

The product targets individuals in need of security and privacy working
together in small groups.  Software includes features like instant
messaging, chat, and file sharing.  Unique feature is an ability to securely
share data folders between groups of people combined with remote storage.

The source code is freely downloadable for anyone that cares to verify the
claims.  Asymmetric crypto is based on RSA and for a symmetric cipher, it
uses Rijndael.  It was released in hope that it would be put to the test by
the cryptographic community.  I suppose when enough people review it, the
software should gain broader popularity.

It does have some features over and above a person-to-person pgp email.  It
is meant to be a much more user friendly environment for data exchange
within trusted groups, without sacrificing security.  For more information,
please visit the home page by clicking on the link above.

Take it for a test drive, invite your friends to try it, and thanks for your
interest,

Guru
0
Marcin
11/28/2001 2:39:00 AM
grc.privacy 4590 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Software [In]Security: Twitter Security
Making Your Thoughts as Small and Incomplete as Possible Just for the record, I don't use Twitter. But if this column were a Twitter entry, it might read something like: http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1350268&cid=nl_DR_DAILY_T -- "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Open software, secure software
Monday, 1 March 2004, 1:51 PM CET Fifty-plus years ago Grace Hopper used her experiences with programming the UNIVAC with FLOW-MATIC (an open-source project) to write her first compiler paper and the modern era of computing programming began. Some would also say that things haven't improved much since her day. Indeed, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) estimated that in 2001 $59.5 billion annually, about 0.6 percent of the gross domestic product was being lost because of software bugs. The Sustainable Computing Consortium (SCC), an academic, gove...

Is security software becoming a security risk?
"Due to bugs in antivirus software, the security suite becomes a risk by itself, and adding multiple pieces of security software makes the problem worse, not better "... <http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/11/21/Is-security-software-becoming-a-security-risk_1.html> or http://preview.tinyurl.com/2nkk9r -- js http://justheadlines.exofire.net john s. smith wrote: > "Due to bugs in antivirus software, the security suite becomes a risk > by itself, and adding multiple pieces of security software makes the > problem worse, not better "... > ...

Security software to secure USB flash drives?
Hello, does anyone know of some software (preferably freeware that would password protect access to a USB flash drive?) Currentlty the drive I have is open wide as soon as it is plugged in. Any help would be appreciated. Paul -- Calculating in binary code is as easy as 01,10,11. Paul Jackson wrote: > Hello, > > does anyone know of some software (preferably freeware that would > password protect access to a USB flash drive?) > > Currentlty the drive I have is open wide as soon as it is plugged in. > > Any help would be appreciated. >...

F-Secure Readies Security Software For Linux
F-Secure Corp. on Tuesday unveiled security software for open-source Samba file servers and Linux, addressing a need that's growing within the enterprise market. The Finnish company announced the availability of antivirus software for Samba that automatically detects and removes viruses from files stored on the server. The new product is meant to protect all Samba-attached computers from malicious code that could enter the network from a Windows or Linux machine. Next month, F-Secure plans to ship a Linux version of F-Secure Policy Manager, which will extend centrally managed ...

What do security guards and computer security software have in common???
http://www.securitynewsportal.com/article.php?sid=920&mode=thread&order=0 -- Regard: Joh@nnes� 1216771 Ont.Inc. "Nothing is more damaging to a new truth than an old error" ...

Book Review: Software Security
I'm jealous. No seriously. If Cigital is actually ran as depicted in the book Software Security - Building Security In, I have to give kudos to Gary and the gang for making an impressive environment for software security. I'm a fan of Gary's writing. If you are a regular reader, you know I loved both his books on Building Secure Software and Exploiting Software. This latest book is, in my mind at least, a balancing act between the two previous books on the topic. Gary calls it the "Ying and Yang". Which makes total sense, since the book cover is of exactly that, ...

How secure is secure?

Software Security
Hi, How can i secure my software at customer site, so that it may not get copied. Is there any information available on software licencing techniques or algorithms regards sukhvinder There are manys to do that by binding the encrypted registration file with BIOS Serial No, HDD Serial No or Network's Physical Address, etc. to restrict the program to work on only one workstation. > Hi, > How can i secure my software at customer site, so that it > may not get copied. Is there any information available on > software licencing techniques or algorithms > >...

when is secure, secure?

Security Software
What are the top most important software to have for internect securtiy, beside ZAP which I have. (ie- Ad-Aware?? anything?) Antivirus (my favorite: Norton AntiVirus), Antitrojan (recommended: BOClean) , Ad-Aware. Gtz. Tony "Felix919" <Flex@nowhere.com> schreef in bericht news:9ge2bb$18qs$1@news.grc.com... > What are the top most important software to have for internect securtiy, > beside ZAP which I have. (ie- Ad-Aware?? anything?) > > "Felix919" <Flex@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:9ge2bb$18qs$1@news.grc.com... > What a...

security too secure

privacy and security
Name: Jeffrey Horlick Email: horlickatieeedotorg Product: Firefox Summary: privacy and security Comments: Greetings, Please provide a way to disable "smart" features. When I leave the computer, I do not want the next user to see anything that I have done. I do not want any automatic features like "most visited", automatic completion of anything. This is a matter of privacy and security. Thanks for Firefox! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org...

Security and privacy for all
http://www.sp4a.org/ UK-oriented in terms of who does what and why, but a useful introduction for the non-technically minded as to what they can get themselves into when they connect to the net. -- Jeff On 30/11/2009 10:11, Jeff Layman wrote: > http://www.sp4a.org/ > > UK-oriented in terms of who does what and why, but a useful introduction for > the non-technically minded as to what they can get themselves into when they > connect to the net. Unfortunately, a lot of the navigation links are broken - a shame, as it's otherwise something I would re...

security software
Name: Roland Hanke Email: roland_h5atmywaydotcom Product: Firefox Summary: security software Comments: Have you ever thought about doing security software? I would have more confidence in it than most of what is out there. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - Security software - grc.privacy

Krebs on Security
The House Financial Services Committee is slated to hold a hearing this Friday on the impact of cyber heists against small- to mid-sized businesses. ...

Security Middle East - Latest news from the Middle East.
Security Middle East is a news portal for the entire security industry, focussed specifically on latest security news from the Middle East. Security ...

Information Security News, IT Security News & Expert Insights: SecurityWeek.Com
IT Security News and Information Security News, Cyber Security, Network Security, Enterprise Security Threats, Cybercrime News and more. Information ...

Security (finance) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
equity securities, e.g., common stocks ; and, The company or other entity issuing the security is called the issuer . A country's regulatory ...

Weaponization, iOS attacks and biometrics – the security landscape for 2016
... the time of year when companies inevitably turn to their crystal balls and try to predict what the coming year will have in store. Where security ...

Iranian hackers breached a U.S. dam’s network security, report says
Iranian hackers managed to breach the network of a U.S. dam at some point in 2013, a report reveals, raising concerns about the security of critical ...

LG’s robotic vacuum cleaner doubles as a security guard
... Turbo+ cleans it. LG also took a note from the from China-based Jisiwei’s S+ robotic vacuum cleaner by turning the vacuum into a home security ...

Security theater comes to CES
Every year I confront the insanity that is CES . You may think of it as the ultimate geek toy exhibition. I see it as acres and acres of cement ...

Seeker Daily: Why the Security Council Rankles Other U.N. Members
The United Nations aims to maintain peace and security around the world, but its Security Council has been a source of irritation for other member ...

IT Pros Plan on Improving Security in 2016
When asked how they plan to invest in more advanced solutions, 36 percent of IT professionals expect to increase investment in intrusion detection. ...