Update for Windows XP (KB893357): Provides support for Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2)

followup to grc.security.wireless

Update for Windows XP (KB893357): Provides support for Wi-Fi Protected
Access 2 (WPA2)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=662bb74d-e7c1-48d6-95ee-1459234f4483&displaylang=en

see also:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893357 (currently dead)

This update to Windows XP provides support for Wi-Fi Protected Access 2
(WPA2), which is the latest standards-based wireless security solution
derived from the IEEE 802.11i standard. It also contains Wireless
Provisioning Services (WPS) Information Element support, which enables
improvements in wireless network discoverability.

Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP Home Edition ,
Windows XP Media Center Edition,
Windows XP Professional Edition ,
Windows XP Service Pack 2,
Windows XP Tablet PC Edition

Quick Info
File Name: WindowsXP-KB893357-v2-x86-ENU.exe
Download Size: 1216 KB
Date Published: 4/29/2005
Version: 893357

Unquote

Kayode Okeyode
http://del.icio.us/kayodeok
"Memory fades but a google search never forgets" - Perry White
0
kayodeok
4/30/2005 5:55:42 AM
grc.news.latestversions 8022 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I would not use that update....
It broke my wireless networking and AVG Antivirus
on my laptop.... Would not grab IP address, limited network connection
I had to restore it to an eariler time...
All working now....

It is a Dell 2600, 512 megs of ram, 60 gig hard drive, XP-Pro
Buffalo G54 wireless card, external USB Hard Drive 250 gigs, USB hub and
several
other goodies....
--
Franklin S. Werren  www.bagpipes.net   www.chautauqualake.net

My 2 cents: Never get caught between an ISP and a telco in a pissing match!!
                   The customer looses every time!!!

> Update for Windows XP (KB893357): Provides support for Wi-Fi Protected
> Access 2 (WPA2)
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=662bb74d-e7c1-48d6-95ee-1459234f4483&displaylang=en
>
> see also:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893357 (currently dead)
>
> --
> Kayode Okeyode
> http://del.icio.us/kayodeok
> "Memory fades but a google search never forgets" - Perry White

0
Franklin
5/1/2005 3:13:01 AM
http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/e/b/9eb62d0b-61f0-4c9e-9c52-e3bef96d9e7f/WindowsXP-KB893357-v2-x86-ENU.exe

0
katom
5/1/2005 9:19:00 PM
kayodeok wrote:

> followup to grc.security.wireless
>
> Update for Windows XP (KB893357): Provides support for Wi-Fi Protected
> Access 2 (WPA2)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=662bb74d-e7c1-48d6-95ee-1459234f4483&displaylang=en

> see also:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893357 (currently dead)

Update:

The KB Article now works:

The Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2)/Wireless Provisioning Services
Information Element (WPS IE) update for Windows XP with Service Pack 2 is
available
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893357

Article ID      :       893357
Last Review     :       May 2, 2005