Online Armor sold to Emsisoft

http://onlinearmorpersonalfirewall.blogspot.com/2010/06/online-armor-sold-to-emsisoft.html

Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Mike's final (OA) blog post - a personal note

By the time you read this, the news will be public that Austrian-based
Emsisoft, headed up by Christian Mairoll has aquired Online Armor from
Tall Emu. There's a been a bit of speculation over the last day or so
that "something" was happening. During the past few weeks, we started to
prepare to transfer operational control of Online Armor over to Emsisoft
and a few things went live 48h or so before they were supposed to. Oops.

The deal is done, there's no going back and no regrets. Indeed, Emsisoft
aquiring Online Armor is the best possible thing that could happen to
it. Emsisoft has 20 staff focused on security software. Tall Emu had two
(OA developers) - and they just went to work for Emsisoft. I can't wait
to see what happens over the next 12 months with Online Armor and
Emsisoft Anti-malware.

A lot of people probably have a lot of questions, and I've been asked a
few times, so I'll try to answer them here.

Why did you do it ?

There's been many things that have been said about Tall Emu over the
last few years; There've been assumptions that we're a massive corporate
with unlimited funds, people who think that it's "all just that Mike
bloke". As usual, the truth is somewhere in between, although I wish it
were closer to the first one, particularly the unlimited funds part.
[...]
--
Sired, Squired, Hired, RETIRED.
0

Usually, when a good product is sold to a larger company it disappears or
changes so much it is ruined.  It's happened many times in the past and the
product invariably changes so much as to become unrecognizable or worse.
Maybe this will not be the case, we can only hope.  Sorry to see Tall Emu
go.

0
windyvoice

Giveaway of the Day
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/mamutu-3-0/ Sorry, just 3 hours left. Just now spotted it. "Mamutu monitors all active programs for dangerous behavior in realtime and blocks malicious activities. It recognizes new and unknown Trojans, Backdoors, Keyloggers, Worms, Viruses, Spyware, Adware and Rootkits (Zero-Day attacks), without the need of daily signature updates." No experience with Mamutu here. But based on Emsisoft's reputation, I'll give it a spin for free. On 7/14/2011 08:52 PM, Al wrote: > http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/mamutu-3-0/ > &g...

Online Armor Free
"Tall Emu Pty Ltd released a free version of their personal firewall product called Online Armor Free edition. Take a look at the comparison table of Online Armor editions. The new free version contains a fully functional personal firewall engine, which was previously available in the commercial versions only." <http://www.matousec.com/matousec/blog.php?blog=90-Online-Armor-Free> or http://preview.tinyurl.com/28bdb4 -- js http://justheadlines.awardspace.com john s. smith <reply_here@.> wrote in news:j19eh3d40hbm14mel6qgjsdlmatq7b88jt@4ax.com: > &q...

Hospital online news
Name: FridrixSen Email: hyjjjiokloatgmaildotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: Hospital online news Comments: (Good Hope Hospital, Birmingham, UK) says that erectile dysfunction gives a two to... <a href="http://www.lodinews.com/shared-content/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=4127">buy flomax online</a> <a href="http://www.lodinews.com/shared-content/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=4130">order cheap cardura</a> Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA) released the following statement on a than 4,800 deaths: <a href="http://www.lodinew...

free online armor
http://www.techsupportalert.com/get-online-armor-firewall-free.htm ...

Replacement for Online Armor
I'm thinking of giving up on Online Armor when my subscription runs out in a couple of months. That means I'm looking for a firewall with outbound monitoring and also some kind of hips program (is that the right term?). Any recommendations? Thanks On 08/26/2010 08:29 PM, Chris (Hunt) wrote: > I'm thinking of giving up on Online Armor when my subscription runs out > in a couple of months. That means I'm looking for a firewall with > outbound monitoring and also some kind of hips program (is that the > right term?). Any recommendations? Thanks I like Ou...

Online Armor v3
http://www.tallemu.com/downloads.html http://support.tallemu.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=814 Release 3.0.0.190 - 10th October 2008 New: Popup when new network is detected New: Loopback in standard mode, and OA Free New: A new "Trust" option on popups New: Direct disk access control New: MAC control - added (MAC addrs should fit to IEEE list to filter invalid Mac address) New: Cookie Cutter� activate deactivate cookie cutter rule (default off) is available on the my New: websites options page. New: Program guard - New buttons to manage Trust Level, and Run Safer lev...

The news before it becomes news
I wanted to let everyone in this community know, before all the fireworks and press releases. It is with great excitement and pride that we announce that Sybase Enterprise Application Server has passed the JavaSoft J2EE compatability suite and is now a fully branded J2EE server. You will see press releases soon, but I wanted everyone to know here first :) Yes, yes, cheers applause and gasps of excitement are well appreciated. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division Congratulations !!!!!!!! Nixon Philip "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com> wrote in...

Online Armor for free from GAOTD
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/online-armor/ *JLJ* took the time to share this with us: > http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/online-armor/ Mind this caveat: Terms and conditions Please note that the software you download and install during the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations: 1.. No free technical support 2.. No free upgrades to future versions 3.. Strictly personal usage -- Reverend Ozone, Marxist. Groucho, that is. The forum support is quite sufficient ,from what I've seen. This is a very good deal for a year,ex...

[ANN] News NTCanuck online!
Hi guys, A couple of forums are now alive 24/7! Other forums will be coming shortly nearer the release of TreeWalk Hawk, so please drop by when you are able <BG> ntc.beta for feedback and bug crushing ntc.discussion NTCanuck other topics chat NOTE Please direct all TW Hawk beta reports to ntc.beta news: news://news.ntcanuck.com web: http://forums.ntcanuck.com RSS + Atom feeds are available (I prefer atom for features) Some options such as new user signup, login and delete are only available to admins prior to the launch of TreeWalk "Hawk" Ash...

Opinions Of Online Armor AV+
Hello, does anyone use this? Could the AV+ edition be used as an alternative to something like AVG?. If anyone does use it what other security software do you use with it. Thanks, Chris (Hunt) I use their firewall and it's one of the best IMO.....and as to an alternative to AVG. Anything is better than AVG. Antivir is a better choice. http://www.free-av.com/ And this spyware scanner is also a great choice. SuperAntiSpyware - Google Search ...

Matousec retraction
"We have revealed that Online Armor passed some of leak-tests only because of user mode hooks that were not unhooked by FPR. In the most of cases, FPR would identify and remove the hooks but in case of Online Armor, FPR faced a code that protected these hooks against unhooking in very unusual way. Although the vendor of Online Armor assured us that the protection was not implemented with an intention to pass FPR tests, the protection has no real effect on the security of Online Armor and can be bypassed easily. We have removed the latests results of Online Armor from our ta...

Online Armor Personal Firewall
The report on MatouSec (http://www.matousec.com/projects/windows-personal-firewall-analysis/leak-tests-results.php) ranks Online Armor Personal Firewall first. Does anyone have personal experience with this product? I have used ZoneAlarm since Steve first recommended it, but over time I have become less satisfied with it. My recent experience with getting information from ZoneLabs support (now ChoicePoint, I know) was less than encouraging. So, any pros and cons for Online Armor Personal Firewall would be appreciated. Specific things that concern me include its impact on sy...

Create News Account in Online mode
Hi, one of my colleges asked me how to add a News Account. The documentation says to do so through the Accounts menu. But in online mode this menu only shows "Connection logs..." or it is completely invisible. Only in Remote or Caching mode you can add a News Account or POP3/IMAP Account. Is there a way to add them in Online mode as well? Thanks, Reinhard. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:42:05 +0000, Reinhard Ostermeier wrote: > Only in Remote or Caching mode you can add a News Account or POP3/IMAP > Account. > > Is there a way to add them in Online mode...

Online Armor 3 available now
Free version at http://www.download.com/Online-Armor/3000-10435_4-10426782.html Full from http://www.tallemu.com ...

Web resources about - Online Armor sold to Emsisoft - grc.news.latestversions

Emsisoft (@emsisoft) on Twitter

Protect your PC from malicious threats with Emsisoft Anti-Malware
Emsisoft has released minor updates for its commercial and free anti-malware tools with the publications of Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0.0.25 and ...

Emsisoft Free Emergency Kit review
Clean infected computers with a collection of repair tools

Hackers ransom $3000 from NT business
Vital financial data encrypted.

Anti-Virus Software
Anti-Virus software. Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Full on Virus Protection System AVG Anti-Virus Protection A2 Free Anti-Trojan, Anti-Malware, Anti-Dialer, ...

Malware Removal Instructions
Emsisoft Easter Offer: 3 licenses for the price of 1 The Easter Bunny comes to town and brings some great presents for you: two additional free ...

Outmaneuvered at Their Own Game, Antivirus Makers Struggle to Adapt
The antivirus industry has a dirty little secret: its products are often not very good at stopping viruses

Hitman Pro 3.7.0.179 free download - Software reviews, downloads, news, free trials, freeware and full ...
The finest hand-selected, individually tested and reviewed software downloads