F-Secure Rootkit scanner

The free trial period has been extended until October first.
Updated 6/30/05; Build 2.1.1010. The download is a 613KB
executable. No installation required.
http://www.europe.f-secure.com/exclude/blacklight/index.shtml

quote-
What is F-Secure BlackLight?

F-Secure BlackLight Rootkit Elimination Technology detects
objects that are hidden from users and security tools and offers
the user an option to remove them. The main purpose is to fight
rootkits and all kinds of malware that use rootkits. The F-Secure
BlackLight Rootkit Elimination Technology works by examining
the system at a deep level. This enables BlackLight to detect
objects that are hidden from the user and security software.

What are the key benefits of F-Secure BlackLight Rootkit
Elimination Technology?

 *F-Secure BlackLight can detect and eliminate active rootkits
from the computer. Traditional antivirus scanners can't detect
active rootkits.
 *On a normal system F-Secure BlackLight does not confront
the user with a long list of suspected objects. This makes
F-Secure BlackLight useful even for non-technical users.
 *F-Secure BlackLight Rootkit Elimination Technology can be
used in the background during normal system operation.
Other available scanners require a reboot during scan or may
produce false positives if the system is used during scanning.

For whom is F-Secure BlackLight intended?

F-Secure BlackLight is intended for all computer users who
want additional security by checking their system for rootkits.
F-Secure BlackLight is suitable for use in both home and
business environments.
-unquote
 PZ
..

0
PrivacyZealot
7/3/2005 10:07:45 AM
grc.news.latestversions 8022 articles. 0 followers. Follow

F-prot and F-Secure
F-prot and F-Secure what is diff between them and which one is better? Some testing results: http://www.av-test.org/online/sites/os03.php3?js=1&test=2001-10 On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 13:10:55 -0400, "BOB" <rodaru@hotmail.com> wrote: >F-prot and F-Secure what is diff between them and which one is better? > "BOB" <rodaru@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bcfkuh$9bi$1@news.grc.com... > F-prot and F-Secure what is diff between them and which one is better? AFAIK, F-Secure uses the F-Prot engine. I don't know how often F-Secure ...

F-Secure Blacklight now detecst MBR rootkits
"BlackLight has stood the test of time ever since it was released in the beginning of 2005. A new rootkit technique that has been able to evade detection has been a very rare event. The MBR rootkit is quite different from other rootkits we've seen over the years, so we had to add completely new technology into BlackLight to detect it successfully. http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00001409.html via http://msmvps.com/blogs/donna/archive/2008/03/31/f-secure-blacklight-will-now-detect-mbr-rootkit-infections.aspx -- Alan "alan" <me@404.net> ...

F Secure internet Security 2013
someone is asking for an opinion on this one and I have no experience with it. Just wondering if anyone here uses it, likes it, how well it behaves, anything...thanks..Mike ...

F-Secure BlackLight (Beta) anti-Rootkits utility (Windows) (03-10-2005) http://www.f-secure.com/blacklight/ F-Secure BlackLight will be downloadable as a trial/beta version March 10th (tomorrow). The following is a little info about it: "F-Secure BlackLight Rootkit Elimination Technology detects objects that are hidden from users and security tools and offers the user an option to remove them. The main purpose is to fight rootkits and all kinds of malware that use rootkits. The F-Secure BlackLight Rootkit Elimination Technology works by examining the system at a deep level. Th...

F-Prot beta updates at F-Secure

Norton Internet Security vs. F-Secure
Norton Internet Security vs. F-Secure can you compare? BOB <rodaru@hotmail.com> wrote: > Norton Internet Security vs. F-Secure can you compare? Try grc.security.software. http://grc.com/nntpquickref.htm -- Robert List of Lists - http://lists.gpick.com/ Eric Howe's Privacy and Security Site - http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/main-nf.htm ...

F-Secure Readies Security Software For Linux
F-Secure Corp. on Tuesday unveiled security software for open-source Samba file servers and Linux, addressing a need that's growing within the enterprise market. The Finnish company announced the availability of antivirus software for Samba that automatically detects and removes viruses from files stored on the server. The new product is meant to protect all Samba-attached computers from malicious code that could enter the network from a Windows or Linux machine. Next month, F-Secure plans to ship a Linux version of F-Secure Policy Manager, which will extend centrally managed ...

F-Secure Client Security vulnerable to LeakTest
Hello. Was testing around, finally got my setup stealthed by using the XP SP2 = firewall in conjunction with my Client Security one(Client Security 6.00= = build 11251), and ShieldsUp gave me an a-ok. Real surprise came when I = tested with LeakTest... 1st test. Run LeakTest.exe from desktop, safe settings on in both = firewalls. LT is blocked by CS, repeatedly, OK. Turn off CS firewall, XP= = firewall breached, not surprising. Double-check CS reliability, rename = ..exe a couple of times, still blocking, OK. 2. test. Rename LeakTest.exe -> Opera.exe, move...

Anybody using F-Secure Client Security?
Is anybody else using F-Secure Client Security AND Novell BorderManager? If so, we've isolated a problem where Client Security 7.0.1 causes a BSOD & reboot when clntrust tries to initially authenticate to the proxy server. If you're already authenticated to the proxy server, everything works fine. If you unload clntrust and authenticate manually, everything works fine. The BSOD only occurs during the initial connection. It only affects about 10% of our users, but with that 10% it's *VERY* consistent. So far, the only fix we've come up with is to back-rev...

Any Info on F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security
Does anyone have any experience with F-Secure Products? And their new corporate product "F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security"? Have searched this news group and a few forums without finding people discussing the F-Secure products.. I am looking a this product to replace the bloated Symantec AV and Zone Alarm on my peer based LAN small network. Any info on people's experience with F-Secure products would be appreciated. Acc7 On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 01:40:47 -0400, acc7 wrote: > Does anyone have any experience with F-Secure Products? And their new > corporate p...

F-Secure?
Currently I'm running a home network and on the wife's computer I'm running AVG Free and ZAF. My ISP (Charter) is offering a "Security Suite" from F-Secure that includes an AV and a firewall. My question is: Is it worth changing over to the F-Secure Suite or should I leave well enough alone? Any feedback on F-Secure, pro or con, would be appreciated. -- Dave. Please remove your.ignorance before you email me. In Steve Gibson's grc.security.software - Another Muttley wrote: > Currently I'm running a home network and on the wife's computer ...

f-secure
Name: zollinger jeannette Email: jdotzollingeratgmxdotch Product: Firefox Summary: f-secure Comments: hallo. mein antivirenprogramm f-secure gibt mir jede woche warnhinweise (etwa 10 nacheinander), dass die anwendung firefox verändert wurde und ob ich nun blockieren wolle. dies verunsichert mich sehr, denn updates werden jeweils nach anfrage installiert und da reagiert f-secure nicht... haben sie eine antwort? beste grüsse, jeannette zollinger Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Anyony using F-Secure or F-Prot 4 Windoze?
Hi fellas! Anybody out there using one of the products? Hints, experiences, performance and detections? Thanx/2 all. Harald On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:50:08 +0100, Harald Bilke wrote: > Hi fellas! > > Anybody out there using one of the products? Hints, experiences, > performance and detections? > > Thanx/2 all. > > Harald F-prot - very nice, highly efficient background scans, low memory usage. Two years use here at home and on small network. Recently used to id and clean two XPHome machines running NAV with current updates which were infected...

F-Secure
How can GRC Shields-Up detect my IP address when I'm using F-Secure Tunneling program with port forwarding? Other sites such as dslreports can't seem to find anything. "Ryan Thomas" <ryan.l.thomas@verizon.net> wrote in message news:9v3117$78u$1@news.grc.com... > How can GRC Shields-Up detect my IP address when I'm using F-Secure > Tunneling program with port forwarding? Other sites such as dslreports can't > seem to find anything. Steve uses SSL and HTTPS. -- � -- Robert grc.com forum FAQ - http://grc.com/discussions.htm grc.com for...

Web resources about - F-Secure Rootkit scanner - grc.news.latestversions

F-Secure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
F-Secure Corporation (formerly Data Fellows ) is an anti-virus , cloud content and computer security company based in Helsinki , Finland . The ...

F-Secure Freedome (@FreedomeVPN) on Twitter

F-Secure Freedome VPN on the App Store on iTunes
Get F-Secure Freedome VPN on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Protection Against Cyber Threats to Businesses - F-Secure
... Business Products Products Full-Protection Suites Endpoint Protection Management and Control Network Protection Enterprise Security Why F-Secure ...

f-secure - News, Features, and Slideshows - CIO
Latest news, features, and slideshows on f-secure from CIO

f-secure - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on f-secure from Computerworld

Duqu - Stuxnet - McAfee - Symantec - F-Secure - cyber espionage
Security researchers have identified a new highly sophisticated computer virus similar to Stuxnet, the worm that targeted Iran's nuclear facilities ...

F-Secure - 9to5Google
A recent […] report by F-Secure raised privacy concerns by stating that Xiaomi devices are sending phone numbers to Xiaomi’s servers. These concerns ...

F-Secure releases one-click test for PCs infected by GameOver Zeus botnet
... was not the only tech entity involved, and the death notice may have been a bit premature. One of the others involved was security firm F-Secure, ...

FSC1V News: F-Secure OYJ Headlines & Press Releases - Bloomberg
Breaking news on F-Secure OYJ (FSC1V) including company news, press releases and other Computer Data Security headline news.