Adobe Flash Player 10.3.183.5

For IE users >=20
(http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/)

*Beware of Google Toolbar offerings

For Moz users >=20
URL appears the same but is not under Moz
(http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/)=20
                    =20
*Beware of McAfee offerings under Moz

Note: There are no apparently bulletins from, Adobe at this time.=20

--=20
Randy
(http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx)
(http://www.linkedin.com/in/randyknobloch)

0
Randy
8/9/2011 8:49:04 PM
grc.news.latestversions 8022 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Randy Knobloch wrote:

> Note: There are no apparently bulletins from, Adobe at this time.

http://blogs.adobe.com/psirt/2011/08/adobe-product-security-updates-available-2.html
0
Guy
8/9/2011 9:34:11 PM
Guy wrote:=20
> =
http://blogs.adobe.com/psirt/2011/08/adobe-product-security-updates-avail=
able-2.html

Thanks for this, Guy ! It is appreciated.=20

--=20
Randy
(http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx)
(http://www.linkedin.com/in/randyknobloch)
0
Randy
8/9/2011 9:56:07 PM
On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 16:49:04 -0400, Randy Knobloch wrote:

> For IE users >

> For Moz users >

Downloaded both installers. The installers will run, as shown by the process
list, but nothing happens. No popup agreement, nothing. So I killed the
processes, uninstalled the older version. Same thing. I am back at
10.3.181.34 because 10.3.183.5 is not installing.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
On 8/9/2011 01:49 PM, Randy Knobloch wrote:
> For IE users>
> (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/)
>
> *Beware of Google Toolbar offerings
>
> For Moz users>
> URL appears the same but is not under Moz
> (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/)
>
> *Beware of McAfee offerings under Moz
>
> Note: There are no apparently bulletins from, Adobe at this time.

Direct downloads of Flash installers without 3rd party piggybacks:
Flash Player Plug-in for Firefox, Chrome, and other non-IE browsers:
http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

Flash Player ActiveX control for Internet Explorer:
http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

This is the only way to get the latest Flash player.  Download a small
installer EXE with no bundled baloney.

0
Al
8/10/2011 2:14:38 AM
On 8/9/2011 02:56 PM, Randy Knobloch wrote:
> Guy wrote:
>> http://blogs.adobe.com/psirt/2011/08/adobe-product-security-updates-available-2.html
>
> Thanks for this, Guy ! It is appreciated.

It's Adobe Patch Tuesday because it's also Microsoft Patch Tuesday.

0
Al
8/10/2011 2:16:49 AM
Al wrote:=20
> It's Adobe Patch Tuesday because it's also Microsoft Patch Tuesday.

Why Adobe releases patches on "Patch Tuesday", remains a mystery to =
many.=20
This is very inconvenient for some who manage systems and Networks that
deploy Windows updates manually.=20

Again, thanks to Guy for the Adobe PSIRT Blog information.=20

--=20
Randy
(http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx)
(http://www.linkedin.com/in/randyknobloch)
0
Randy
8/10/2011 4:42:10 AM
On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 17:22:02 -0700, Norman Miller wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 16:49:04 -0400, Randy Knobloch wrote:

>> For IE users >

>> For Moz users >

> Downloaded both installers. The installers will run, as shown by the process
> list, but nothing happens. No popup agreement, nothing. So I killed the
> processes, uninstalled the older version. Same thing. I am back at
> 10.3.181.34 because 10.3.183.5 is not installing.

I have just downloade both installers, plus the uninstaller, and had no
trouble with the uninstall/install/install routine.

Which is no help, I know, but suggests that, this time at least, some of
us are getting working, up-to-date installers. But not all of us, it
seems ?

--
(no nym)
0

Whenever there's another update to Flash, I have gotten into the habit =
of=20
downloading not only both installers (FF & IE) but the latest =
Uninstaller as=20
well.
I always run the Uninstaller first which zaps both previous versions, =
and=20
then run my FF and then my IE. I have *never* had a problem with Flash =
using=20
this method!

A quick & easy way to make sure you're current is to run the Online =
Software=20
Inspector at Secunia
  ( http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/?task=3Dintro ) as =
it's=20
very fast and accurate.

Hope this helps!
Neil =A6=ACD

"no nym"  wrote in message =

On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 17:22:02 -0700, Norman Miller wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 16:49:04 -0400, Randy Knobloch wrote:

>> For IE users >

>> For Moz users >

> Downloaded both installers. The installers will run, as shown by the=20
> process
> list, but nothing happens. No popup agreement, nothing. So I killed =
the
> processes, uninstalled the older version. Same thing. I am back at
> 10.3.181.34 because 10.3.183.5 is not installing.

I have just downloade both installers, plus the uninstaller, and had no
trouble with the uninstall/install/install routine.

Which is no help, I know, but suggests that, this time at least, some of
us are getting working, up-to-date installers. But not all of us, it
seems ?

--=20
(no nym)=20

0
Neil
8/10/2011 7:53:53 PM
That's what I do too.  For home, I run the programs manually (uninstall,
activex, and plugin).  I am sysadmin for 400 computers, and I run a
batch script on shutdown that updates them.  I update mine first, and
see what the new ocx name is, then modify that part for every update.
This is for the current version:

IF NOT EXIST "%windir%\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10v.ocx" goto
UPDATEFLASH

GOTO END

:UPDATEFLASH

\\server\network\Adobe\Flash\uninstall_flash_player.exe /uninstall
\\server\network\Adobe\Flash\install_flash_player_10_active_x.exe /install
\\server\network\Adobe\Flash\install_flash_player_10.exe /install

:END

On 8/10/2011 3:53 PM, Neil Turkenkopf wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Whenever there's another update to Flash, I have gotten into the habit
> of downloading not only both installers (FF & IE) but the latest
> Uninstaller as well.
> I always run the Uninstaller first which zaps both previous versions,
> and then run my FF and then my IE. I have *never* had a problem with
> Flash using this method!
0
John
8/11/2011 3:43:59 PM
"John Calderwood"  wrote in message news:j20tc0$170u$1@news.grc.com...

That's what I do too.  For home, I run the programs manually (uninstall,
activex, and plugin).  I am sysadmin for 400 computers, and I run a
batch script on shutdown that updates them.  I update mine first, and
see what the new ocx name is, then modify that part for every update.
This is for the current version:

IF NOT EXIST "%windir%\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10v.ocx" goto
UPDATEFLASH

GOTO END

:UPDATEFLASH

\\server\network\Adobe\Flash\uninstall_flash_player.exe /uninstall
\\server\network\Adobe\Flash\install_flash_player_10_active_x.exe =
/install
\\server\network\Adobe\Flash\install_flash_player_10.exe /install

:END

Hi John,
Wow, you leave me in the dust! <g>
(I only have a small home network with 2PCs, 2laptops.)

Thanks for the reply!
Neil =A6=ACD

On 8/10/2011 3:53 PM, Neil Turkenkopf wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Whenever there's another update to Flash, I have gotten into the habit
> of downloading not only both installers (FF & IE) but the latest
> Uninstaller as well.
> I always run the Uninstaller first which zaps both previous versions,
> and then run my FF and then my IE. I have *never* had a problem with
> Flash using this method!=20

0
Neil
8/11/2011 6:16:10 PM
On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:09:50 +0100, no nym wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 17:22:02 -0700, Norman Miller wrote:

>> On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 16:49:04 -0400, Randy Knobloch wrote:

>>> For IE users >

>>> For Moz users >

>> Downloaded both installers. The installers will run, as shown by the process
>> list, but nothing happens. No popup agreement, nothing. So I killed the
>> processes, uninstalled the older version. Same thing. I am back at
>> 10.3.181.34 because 10.3.183.5 is not installing.

> I have just downloade both installers, plus the uninstaller, and had no
> trouble with the uninstall/install/install routine.

I never knew that Adobe had a Flash uninstaller. Downloaded it, ran it, then
checked that all was properly uninstalled. Verified the uninstall had
worked, then attempted installation with the linked files (from the pages
linked by the OP). Saw an icon appear, then disappear from the desktop. The
file was deleted from the folder. Nothing else happened; though, as before,
the installer was still showing in the process list.

I never knew about the FTP pages, either. Killed the errant install process,
and downloaded the Flash installers from the FTP pages. Ran them.

This time, I got the expected dialogues, and Flash 10.3.183.5 is now
properly installed; according to the "about" web site.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
0
Norman
8/12/2011 7:44:46 PM
On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:09:50 +0100, no nym <temp@example.net>
wrote:

> I have just downloade both installers, plus the uninstaller, and had no
> trouble with the uninstall/install/install routine.
>
> Which is no help, I know, but suggests that, this time at least, some of
> us are getting working, up-to-date installers. But not all of us, it
> seems ?

Got a link for the uninstaller?

--
tbl
0
wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:09:50 +0100, no nym <temp@example.net>
>wrote:
>
>> I have just downloade both installers, plus the uninstaller, and had no
>> trouble with the uninstall/install/install routine.
>>
>> Which is no help, I know, but suggests that, this time at least, some of
>> us are getting working, up-to-date installers. But not all of us, it
>> seems ?
>
>Got a link for the uninstaller?

https://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/

or ...
http://www.majorgeeks.com/Adobe_Flash_Player_Uninstaller_d6551.html

http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/
http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/

You can also find the uninstaller in
C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
(FlashUtil10v_Plugin.exe)

This is for Windows 7 64-bit.
It will be in a comparable location in other Windows.

--
Fred W. (NL)
0
On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 15:15:56 -0700, tbl wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:09:50 +0100, no nym <temp@example.net>
> wrote:

>> I have just downloade both installers, plus the uninstaller, and had no
>> trouble with the uninstall/install/install routine.

>> Which is no help, I know, but suggests that, this time at least, some of
>> us are getting working, up-to-date installers. But not all of us, it
>> seems ?

> Got a link for the uninstaller?

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe

Is what I use.

--
(no nym)
0

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

"Norman Miller" <exfenestrate@spammers.invalid> wrote in message
> I never knew about the FTP pages, either. Killed the errant install
> process,
> and downloaded the Flash installers from the FTP pages. Ran them.

0
Rodolfo
8/17/2011 4:07:47 PM
On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:07:47 +0200, Rodolfo Giovanninetti wrote:

> I did not know there was flash player on ftp site. Have You got a link?

Firefox:

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

IE:

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Uninstaller:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe

--
(no nym)
0
no
8/17/2011 6:09:06 PM
Thank You for the links, but I am looking for FTP links. Do You know if
these links can be reached with a ftp client?

Thank You very much and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

"no nym" <temp@example.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:07:47 +0200, Rodolfo Giovanninetti wrote:
>
>> I did not know there was flash player on ftp site. Have You got a link?
>
> Firefox:
>
> http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe
>
> IE:
>
> http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe
>
> Uninstaller:
>
> http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe
>
> --
> (no nym)

0
Rodolfo

Adobe Flash Player 10.3.183.7
(http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/) Bulletin predicating release: (http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb11-21.html) More information, if required: (http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html) *Direct download links contained herein* <hint> As per usual - avoid all third party offerings like Google Toolbar.=20 Under a Moz installation you will likely be a McAfee plug-in of sorts.=20 Unless you want them.=20 Hat tip to a poster at DSL Reports for announcing.=20 Regards,=20 --=20 Randy (http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/defa...

Firefox 3.5 crashes with flash player 10.0.32.18 (suse 10.3)
Hi I was using firefox 3.5.3 with flash player 9 (some version - not sure) and it was working fine. Today when youtube got opened it prompted me to upgrade flash to 10.0.32.18, i did so by installing ".rpm" using "rpm -Uvh flash-plugin-10.0.32.18-release.i386.rpm ". But after that whenever any flash embed sits (eg: youtube) opened, firefox is crashing. Please let me know what is the issue. I have mozilla-nss-3.11.7-15 mozilla-xulrunner181-1.8.1.4-30 mozilla-nspr-4.6.7-20 beagle-firefox-0.2.18-30 with openSUSE 10.3 (X86-64). Thanks, ShekarKCB -- ...

YouTube videos messed up after downloading 3.5.6 Beta and then downloading Adobe Flash player 10.0.42.34
Name: Email: oteratcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: YouTube videos messed up after downloading 3.5.6 Beta and then downloading Adobe Flash player 10.0.42.34 Comments: Video part of YouTube videos messed up after downloading Firefox 3.5.6 Beta and then downloading Adobe Flash player 10.0.42.34. I don't know if this is just my computer or one of the downloads today that messed things up. Perhaps you can check this out. Thank you. 1/5/10 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Fr...

Mozilla Firefox 3.5.3 crashes with Adobe Flash Player
If Abode Flash Player (every version) is installed FireFox 3.5.3 crashes on opening every page. And FireFox doesn't remember password, cronology , access login ... ... anymore If Adobe Flash Player is not installed everything is ok, but a lot of sites ask you for installing latest version of Adobe Flash Player (to browse) ... so you're blocked at all. Thanks On Sep 10, 8:31=A0am, MatTDP <matsar...@gmail.com> wrote: > If Abode Flash Player (every version) is installed FireFox 3.5.3 > crashes on opening every page. And FireFox doesn't remember password, >...

No Flash support in Firefox 3.0.5 and Adobe flash 10
I am running the 64 bit openSUSE 11.1 and with firefox 3.0.5 and adobe flash 10 I firefox does not seem to see that I have flash installed. Here is a list of flash related plugins that I have installed vendion@Big-O:~> sudo zypper se flash Loading repository data... Reading installed packages... S | Name | Summary | Type --+-----------------------+---------------------------------------------------+----------- i | flash-player | Adobe Flash PlugIn and standalone Player | package | flash-player | Adobe...

Firefox 3.04 and Firefox 3.1 Beta 1
Name: Thomas Domin Email: domindottomatgooglemaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.04 and Firefox 3.1 Beta 1 - ignore Adobe flash player 10 Comments: Flash Player 10 from Adobe/Macromedia was installed many times befor: Now is reading: You need to upgrade your Flash Player. Ekornes Stressless Catalouge if you're absolutely positive you have Flash 8 oe requires Macromedia Flash, version 8 or greater. Please click here to download. Or, if you're absolutely positive you have Flash 8 or greater, click here to force the site to load. From URL: http://hendrix....

Adobe Flash Player 10.3.181.14
Another security update for Adobe Flash Player is available, 10.3.181.14. Direct download, <http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz>. Also included, a new feature - the Gnome and KDE Native Control Panel. <http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html> "Beginning with Flash Player 10.3, the Local Settings Manager supersedes this Online Settings Manager for managing global settings on Windows, Mac, and Linux computers." The README included in the tarball contains ...

Adobe Flash Player 10.3.181.34
(http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/) Beware of third party Toolbar Offerings such as Google. Release Notes: (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/901/cpsid_90194.html) You must apply Flash to all installed Browsers for the ActiveX and = Plug-in to correctly display in the Control Panel applet.=20 --=20 Randy (http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx) (http://www.linkedin.com/in/randyknobloch) On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 15:02:46 -0400, Randy Knobloch wrote: > (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/) > > Beware of third party Toolbar Offerings such as ...

Firefox 3 beta 5 + Adobe Flash Player
Name: Manu B Email: manudotb2007atgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 beta 5 + Adobe Flash Player Comments: Hi there, I’m very enthusiast with Firefox 3 but I noticed what web sites using heavy Flash applications no longer work with beta 3. I’m running Windows XP Pro Sp2 (sorry), I tried two recent releases of Flash Player from Adobe, both work with Firefox 2, which I use every day, but not with beta 3. I don’t receive any error from Firefox, the extension is listed as working but doesn’t on some web sites. I don’t have any idea about troubleshooting thi...

[Hendrix] Firefox 3 beta 5 + Adobe Flash Player
Name: Manu B Email: manudotb2007atgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 beta 5 + Adobe Flash Player Comments: Hi there, I’m very enthusiast with Firefox 3 but I noticed what web sites using heavy Flash applications no longer work with beta 3. I’m running Windows XP Pro Sp2 (sorry), I tried two recent releases of Flash Player from Adobe, both work with Firefox 2, which I use every day, but not with beta 3. I don’t receive any error from Firefox, the extension is listed as working but doesn’t on some web sites. I don’t have any idea about troubleshooting thi...

Problem with Firefox 3.5.3 on Mac 10.5 and 10.5 in Blogger.com blogs
Name: Allen Email: allenatbergstedtdotorg Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with Firefox 3.5.3 on Mac 10.5 and 10.5 in Blogger.com blogs Comments: The following problem occurs with Firefox 3.5 on Mac 10.5 and 10.6 The problem does not occur with Safari on 10.6 or on Windows version of Firefox. In my Blogger blogs I've enabled the one-click edit function which is shown by a pencil icon. One click on the pencil should put me in edit mode. However, Firefox 3.5.3 does not show the pencil. I have to click the Sign In button which puts me into my Dashboard where I can select ...

Installation of Adobe Flash player plugin Firefox 3 beta 5
Name: Kevin Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Installation of Adobe Flash player plugin Firefox 3 beta 5 Comments: Firefox could not install this item because "install-5cr..rdf" (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist. Please contact the author about this problem Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox 3 Beta 5 Adobe Flash Player will not install
Name: Rich Oliver Email: richdotoliveratgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 Adobe Flash Player will not install Comments: Embedded video in several websites will not work. When prompted to install the Adobe Flash player I get this error message: Firefox could not install this item because "install-rn8..rdf" (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist. Please contact the author about this problem. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.m...

Firefox 3.5.2 and Flash player 10.0.32.18
I update the flash player(to 10.0.32.18) and the shockwave player(to 11.5.1.601) by the alert of adobe. Now, in certains sites using flash videos the process of firefox remains upon exit, not allways but from time to time. After the update of the player i find two plugins to shockwave( one ws left inside of opera and Fx was getting it,i delete it and opera and Fx pick only one). Any ideas? On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:29:47 -0400, gatolandia.chile wrote: > I update the flash player(to 10.0.32.18) and the shockwave player(to > 11.5.1.601) by the alert of adobe. > &g...

Web resources about - Adobe Flash Player 10.3.183.5 - grc.news.latestversions

bit-player
Less than two years ago, I was reading and writing about a new kind of passive circuit element—the memristor, a companion to the resistor, the ...

Adobe Shockwave Player - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
11.6.5.635 / May 8, 2012 ; 13 days ago ( 2012-05-08 ) Shockwave movies are authored in the Adobe Director environment. While there is support ...

Zimbabwe's Kevin Pietersen? Australian players' chief suggests cricket transfer system
... Cricketers' Association president has made a radical proposal aimed at enriching Test cricket around the globe. The head of Australia's players' ...

Australia v West Indies: Jim Maxwell's player ratings at the MCG
ABC Grandstand commentator Jim Maxwell delivers his player ratings for the Australian line-up after the second-Test win over the West Indies ...

Tenn. High school basketball player raped during hazing: police
The victim, a freshman basketball player, is recovering from surgery from the attack, authorities say.

The Suns biggest problem? Their players aren't good enough
The Phoenix Suns scapegoated two of their assistant coaches for their struggles, but the bottom line is, they don't have enough talent to compete. ...

At least one Eagles player found out Chip Kelly had been fired from a reporter - Business Insider Deutschland ...
Despite owner Jeffrey Lurie releasing a statement to the general public, it appears the team failed to tell the players first.

High school basketball player raped during hazing: police
Authorities in Tennessee say 3 members of Ooltewah High School team charged after alleged incident involving teammate during tournament

Knicks player robbed outside strip club
A forward for the New York Knicks was robbed and shot outside a strip club in Queens early Wednesday.

Gronkowski in Bruins gear, 'super aggressive' hockey player
When Rob Gronkowski walked into the make-shift media room inside Gillette Stadium, he did so with a Bruins sweater over his shoulder pads a smile ...