The History of Mozilla Firefox: From Phoenix, to Firebird, to Firefox

followup to grc.techtalk

The History of Mozilla Firefox: From Phoenix, to Firebird, to Firefox
http://www.flexbeta.net/main/printarticle.php?id=89

Firefox is not just a browser; it is a religion, a way of life some might
say, and for others, like me, a great damn way of reaching the web without
all the ugly stuff that comes with it. Firefox has gone a long way, from
name changes to added features, to conquering market share off of the
world's most popular browser. Firefox has reached millions via not just
web, but also through newspaper headlines all funded by Firefox users
themselves. Many of the current Firefox users have been loyal users since
the bird's initial flight, and though Firefox has been in the wild now for
quiet some time, there are plenty of Firefox users that have recently
discovered this marvelous browser. The Firefox browser was previously known
as Firebird and before that, Phoenix. While the name has changed, the
concepts remain the same. The history of Firefox begins with an idea to
make an already existing web browser faster and leaner. Originally dubbed
Phoenix, the browser within a few years turns into a revolution, an escape
for many from the constant security vulnerabilities from Internet Explorer.
The story starts with Phoenix 0.1, and builds up to what we know today as
Mozilla Firefox

[...]

http://www.flexbeta.net/main/printarticle.php?id=89

Unquote

Kayode Okeyode
http://del.icio.us/kayodeok
0
kayodeok
4/1/2005 5:42:04 AM
grc.linkfarm 6478 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download
Download Firefox Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download http://soft.topcities.com/Firefox.htm On 2006-11-28 20:04 (-0700 UTC), idownweb.com wrote: > Download Firefox > > Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download > > http://soft.topcities.com/Firefox.htm Mebbe it's just me, but isn't this kind of a silly place to spam with something like this? /b. -- 'There is caution, and there is irrational paranoia.' -- Ron Hunter Wow, now thats totally random. On 28 Nov 2006 19:04:38 -0800, ...

A visual history of Phoenix / Firebird / Firefox
A visual history of Phoenix / Firebird / Firefox http://theseblog.free.fr/2004/07/phoenixmozilla-firebirdfirefox-seen.html -- Kayode Okeyode http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/ http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/favorites/webdesign.htm ...

Firefox or not Firefox

Mozilla Firefox 32 bit, Mozilla Firefox 64 bit
Name: Patrick Dreier Email: patrickdotdreieratmymaildotch Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla Firefox 32 bit, Mozilla Firefox 64 bit Comments: Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren! Könnt Ihr bitte ein Mozilla Firefox für Windows XP Professional 32 bit: Mozilla_Firefox_wxp_x86_Setup_2_0_0_13.exe und einen Mozilla Firefox für Windows XP Professional 64 bit: Mozilla_Firefox_wxp_x64_Setup_2_0_0_13.exe programmieren! Hochachtungsvoll! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ...

Firefox, Mozilla, Firebird [All Mozilla +Netscape Browsers]
Name: AHMalik Email: ahmalik_at_comsats.net.pk Product: Other (please state) Summary: Firefox, Mozilla, Firebird [All Mozilla +Netscape Browsers] Comments: 1. The links with the text [having link url] are not copied on copying by > highlight the text > copy. While in Internet Explorer this facillity is there. 2. In "File" menue 'Close Window' & 'Close Tab' is above the 'Save As ..' which mostly causes confusion to IE users & they close while they actually want to save. Of cource the 'ctrl+S' facillity is addional to...

我的火狐浏览器启动时“http://zh-cn.www.mozilla.com/zh-CN/firefox/2.0.0.11/firstrun/”总是自动弹出,同时弹出的还有“http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:zh-CN:official” 这个问题怎么解决?
Name: 向chunghwa Email: sinoxlatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 我的火狐浏览器启动时“http://zh-cn.www.mozilla.com/zh-CN/firefox/2.0.0.11/firstrun/”总是自动弹出,同时弹出的还有“http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:zh-CN:official” 这个问题怎么解决? Comments: 我的火狐浏览器启动时“http://zh-cn.www.mozilla.com/zh-CN/firefox/2.0.0.11 /firstrun/”总是自动弹出,同时弹出的还有“http://www.google.com /firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:zh-CN:official” 这个问题怎么解决? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; zh-CN; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.or...

Firefox/Firebird/Phoenix
Name: Daryl Ehrenheim Email: darylatalienyakdotcom Product: Minefield Summary: Firefox/Firebird/Phoenix Comments: I have been using Firefox since version 0.4 and have been happy with it ever since. It is my default browser on all machines I come in contact with whether it be Windows or Linux. I have always been happy with the way it handles pop-ups. Other features I like is the ability to add themes (QUTE is my favorite)plus the extensions and add-ons that can be installed later. It is also very nice that the program is relatively lightweight when it comes to download siz...

Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.6 repair Bugfixes to Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.7
Name: Patrick Dreier Email: patrick2406atsmsdotat Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.6 repair Bugfixes to Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.7 Comments: Hello! Please interplementate the employment to the menü contents block Popup Windows ativate Java Script, aktivate Java, aktivate Active X tax element, aktivate Active X Scripting, standard write___________ write grow, expand, color, Please Make a Optionfield 1) download 2) automatic Installation. Please completyment to the menü security a to secifice your antivirus application. Please make a menü PlugIns ...

Firefox, meet the Firefox
Name: brooks Email: brooksonleyatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox, meet the Firefox Comments: I don't know if this will go anywhere, but as both a die-hard Firefox user and an advocate for wildlife, I think it should be said.... As you may or may not know, "firefox" is the literal translation of the Chinese name for the Red Panda. Yes, the OTHER panda -- the cute, orange, raccoon-like one, not the big, black-and-white, bear-like one. Here is a link to an article at the National Wildlife Foundation [http://poprl.com/EIb], "Fighting for the Fi...

Relying Upon Mozilla Firefox Installing Firefox 2
Name: Colonel Terry Email: tkgoodguyatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Relying Upon Mozilla Firefox Installing Firefox 2 Comments: Relying Upon Mozilla Firefox Installiing Firefox 2, as you have advised please inform me a future updates and confirm perfect installation. Thankyou for your assistance. Colonel Terry Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Firefox, and Firefox Portable
Name: Brian Email: silverdragona1ataol Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox, and Firefox Portable Comments: Feedback. After several hefty fallouts with AOL, and the complete dogs dinner we are presented with that they claim is worthy of using, be it the AOL9 browser, I decided to try Firefox.... I am very annoyed. Why?... because stupidly, I had not tried Firefox EARLIER.... I have now replaced AOL9 completely on all the family computers with Firefox... I am also TOTALLY bewildered as to how you can get a fully functioning Firefox to run on a USB Flash Drive......... I...

Firefox uses Firefox.

Inconsistencies Mozilla Suite/Firefox; HTML editor in Firefox?
Name: Joerg Walker Email: jwalkeratsmiledotch Product: Firefox Summary: Inconsistencies Mozilla Suite/Firefox; HTML editor in Firefox? Comments: Hello, Since it's very early days in the 80ies I have used Netscape and then the Mozilla Suite. On all my Windows systems since Windows V3.1 I always deactivated the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Now you advise users to change to Firefox. Hence I tried this, but apparently there are inconsistencies, when I installed Firefox in addition to the Mozilla Suite, it never worked properly, e.g. I could not save any HTML-page, and ...

Web resources about - The History of Mozilla Firefox: From Phoenix, to Firebird, to Firefox - grc.linkfarm