Removing .NET ClickOnce Support from Firefox

Microsoft is really making it hard not to distrust them, aren't they? We
already talked about Mono and Moonlight this weekend, and now we're notified
of something else. Apparently, the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack
1, released earlier this year, installs a Firefox extension which could not
be uninstalled easily (registry hacking was needed).

To make matters worse, this extension came with a pretty big security hole
(at least, that's what everyone says). A newer version of this extension has
been pushed out in May, which can be uninstalled the proper way. As it turns
out, Firefox apparently has a limitation in that extensions installed at the
machine level (instead of the user level) cannot be uninstalled from within
the extensions GUI.
http://www.osnews.com/story/21591/Removing_NET_ClickOnce_Support_from_Firefox

--
"If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle"

0
paradoX
6/2/2009 7:43:09 PM
grc.linkfarm 6478 articles. 0 followers. Follow