[ 1.1.3883.1 ] -- System Menu flicker eliminated

Gang...

This is just a quickie update to fix the System Menu flickering
that Ian has reported.  :)

Steve.   / Scarce as facts are, supply too often exceeds demand.
0
Steve
8/19/2010 7:05:01 PM
grc.dns 1176 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It's as smooth as a baby's behind now!  Did the fix just involve
removing some code that was messing around with the menu during startup?

JJ
0
JuicyJ
8/19/2010 7:20:56 PM
[for the unabridged version, see JuicyJ's post above]

> It's as smooth as a baby's behind now!  Did the fix just
> involve removing some code that was messing around with
> the menu during startup?

There's a large cascade of "stuff" that needs to be refreshed
when various changes are made to keep everything current in the
UI. I was previously updating the system menu during some times
-- like adding/removing resolvers -- when it really didn't need
to be done.  So I'm just being a bit smarter about that now. :)

Steve.   / Scarce as facts are, supply too often exceeds demand.
0
Steve
8/19/2010 7:48:37 PM
Nicely done once again!  I was worried that the flickering might be
unavoidable in Windows 7, but I'm glad that you proved me wrong. ;)

JJ
0
JuicyJ

Why include LUNs in 1:1:1:1 ?
Hi Having installed several clusters and fully understanding and accepting the NetWare partition:pool:volume 1:1:1 relationship I would like to understand this latest fad of adding the LUN assignment into the relationship?!? I've always assigned the amount of space required for a particular OS cluster into a LUN and then masked that to the appropriate hosts, where it is then split into partitions, etc. What are the benefits for having multiple LUNs? Presumably you still have a single RAID (5,10, whatever) group under it? Aren't you just putting more stress on the st...

[ 1.1.3870.1 ]
Gang... THIS is the one I meant! <g> http://www.grc.com/dev/r-and-d/1.1.3870.1.exe It WON'T EVER annoy anyone who has built themselves a {default}.ini file even if that file and the benchmark are only testing DNSB's built-in resolvers. :) -- ________________________________________________________________ Steve. Working on: GRC's DNS project pages. https://www.grc.com/dns/dns.htm Nicely done :) I like the new improvements, and DNSB is feeling more like a finished product again ;) By the way, when I clicked on "Tell me more" bu...

1+1
Name: kid Email: lathotmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 8 Summary: 1+1 Comments: .................. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; th; rv:1.9.0.4pre) Gecko/2008100205 GranParadiso/3.0.4pre From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/granparadiso/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

for i = 1 to 1
I am new to PowerBuilder, so I am not 100% sure of the answer to this question. I found this for loop in a program: for i = 1 to 1 . I am thinking that that was someone's cute way of never executing this code, rather than the oh so obvious and easy way that powerbuilder allows you to comment out code. Anyway, the question is does the code in this for loop execute once or never? Thanks in advance for your help, Dawn Once, with the value i = 1. It's a cute way of doing something; what that something is, I have no idea. Wasting time? Driving up your code line count? &...

Upgrade from 1.1.4 to 1.1.9
The docs say NOT to install on top of an existing installation so I didn't. Instead I created an empty directory e:\SeaMonkey119 and installed there. Now how do I get my address book, bookmarks, filed messages, ... to the new one? I sincerely hope I don't have to type in everything by hand! :-( Ted Sir: user@domain.invalid wrote: > The docs say NOT to install on top of an existing installation so I > didn't. Instead I created an empty directory e:\SeaMonkey119 and > installed there. Now how do I get my address book, bookmarks, filed > messages, ...

upgrade from 1.1.9 to 1.1.11
Is it really necessary to un-install SeaMonkey 1.1.9 prior to installing SeaMonkey 1.1.11 in the same folder ? I'd like the final word on this. Thanks muchly. Trefor Trefor wrote: > Is it really necessary to un-install SeaMonkey 1.1.9 prior to installing > SeaMonkey 1.1.11 in the same folder ? I'd like the final word on this. > Thanks muchly. > Trefor I don't know if this is the "final word" but I didn't uninstall first and haven't had a problem. Trefor replied On 7/26/2008 12:20 AM > Is it really necessary to un-instal...

SeaMonkey 1.0.8 and 1.1.1
Hi localizers, Sorry for not informing you earlier on, but first we had to do a few respins and then I was too busy with the FOSDEM conference... Anyways, we're about to release the newest SeaMonkey security and stability update releases right now, with the version numbers 1.0.8 and 1.1.1 Due to our L10n freezes, both work with the language packs from earlier versions (1.0 or 1.1), but if you want binary builds up on FTP, you need to regenerate them for those versions. Both are already up in their respective release directories: http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozill...

New SolPart Menu 1.1.1.0
Jon Henning of SolPart asked me to ask members of the DNN community to help him prepare the next version of the SolPart menu (which is used in DotNetNuke) Please visit his dnn site at: http://www.solpart.com/dotnetnuke/DesktopDefault.aspx and test the menu visually (remembering that some browsers are supposed to render "downlevel") and then answer the survey (and if appropriate, send him screenshots of errors/bugs). When Jon is sure the larger bugs are taken care of he will release the files for a public beta (and eventual inclusion in DNN) I know Jon is especially intere...

how to create menu control in asp.net 1.1 + asp.net 1.1 code
how to create menu control in asp.net 1.1 + asp.net 1.1 code For ASP.NET 1.1 you can try combination of DHTML / CSS / JAVASCRIPT menu..check out this menu control in Control Gallery >  EO.Web Menu for 1.1to download > Download EO.Web.Manu for 1.1 and 2.0 alternatively you can create your own user control or can use any third party DHTML menus available > ASP.NET DHTML Menu software. ASP.NET DHTML Menu is a component (Server Control) for ASP.NET. It generates hierarchical DHTML menu for web sites. The component is based on XML and CSS. The generated HTML and client JavaSc...

LDAP_EXTENSION_PASSWORD_MODIFY (1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.1.11.1)
------_=_NextPart_001_01C74AEB.77AA1A04 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable =20 $secureLDAP->root_dse->supported_extension(1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.1.11.1); =20 $secureLDAP->root_dse->supported_extension("LDAP_EXTENSION_PASSWORD_MODI FY"); my $dse =3D $secureLDAP->root_dse; my @extn =3D $dse->get_value('supportedExtension'); =20 print "\n[" . join("::",@extn) . "]"; =20 =20 which results in=20 [1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.200...

string freeze for mozilla 1.8, firefox 1.1 and thunderbird 1.1?
I was looking at the Summary of Upcoming Mozilla Releases on http://www.mozillazine.org/articles/article6128.html and it doesn't say anything about the time frames that localizers will have to prepare the translation for these products. So, I would like to know when will the string freeze happen for these three? Will it be in Beta2, RC, Developers Preview? I would also like to know if the string freeze is going to be simultaneous for all three, or not? Thanks. -- Novica Novica Nakov schrieb: > I was looking at the Summary of Upcoming Mozilla Releases on >...

Thunderbird 9.0.1 and Lightning 1.1.1
I'm trying to install lightning 1.1.1 on Thunderbird 9.0.1. It downloads and say Installing on the add-ons page, but nothing happens, it just sits there. I'm using Kubuntu 11.10. Any advice besides downloading again, installing again etc. which I have tried multiple times. Thanks, Ron On 01/30/2012 02:38 AM, Ron Gracia wrote: > I'm trying to install lightning 1.1.1 on Thunderbird 9.0.1. It downloads > and say Installing on the add-ons page, but nothing happens, it just > sits there. I'm using Kubuntu 11.10. > > Any advice besides downloading a...

wine version 1.1.28 or 1.1.44?
Here's a question about the wine emulator choices. I'm very happy using openSUSE Linux and I have installed a few applications, but only using the Yast2 methods and RPM groups. The latest available wine version on the Yast2 enabled installation is 1.1.28-2.3 which was built last October. The latest available wine version on the winehq.org web site is 1.1.44 How safe is it to use the non-Yast approach for a new user such as myself to try to install 1.1.44? [Acer Aspire 5520-5891 laptop,AMD Athlon 64x2 (TK57), NVIDIA GeForce 7000M] -- 3bitsShortOfaByte ------...

SeaMonkey 1.1.1 and 1.0.8 in italian
Hi, as usual, I've made windows build for SeaMonkey. Can you upload it? 1.1.1: Installer: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mozilla-italia/seamonkey-1.1.1.it-IT.win32.installer.exe Langpack: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mozilla-italia/seamonkey-1.1.1.it-IT.langpack.xpi Zip: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mozilla-italia/seamonkey-1.1.1.it-IT.win32.zip 1.0.8: Installer: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mozilla-italia/seamonkey-1.0.8.it-IT.win32.installer.exe Zip: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mozilla-italia/seamonkey-1.0.8.it-IT.win32.zip thanks, Iacopo Ia...

MozBackup 1.4.6 and SeaMonkey 1.1.1
Running MozBackup, I get a "Problem with backup e-mail account!: C:\Documents and Settings\ED\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\xxxx.slt\Mail\incoming.verizon-1.net" whilst it is backing up the e-mail accounts. I have a number of e-mail accounts and that's the only one that gives any problem. The message does not give any hint as to the problem. I have removed the .msf files in that account - read through the existing mail files with a text reader - and have found no problems. Has anyone else experienced this? -- Ed, W3BNR BlobFest July 13th &14t...

Web resources about - [ 1.1.3883.1 ] -- System Menu flicker eliminated - grc.dns

Today, The Plain Dealer eliminated the... - SaveThePlainDealer - Facebook
Today, The Plain Dealer eliminated the jobs of approximately 50 journalists whose dedication produced one of the country’s best newspapers. The ...

It's Time We Eliminated the Corporate Income Tax - Robert Reich
It's time we eliminated the corporate income tax and made up the shortfall by increasing capital gains taxes. Here's the logic: First, the corporate ...

Eliminated House Rules duo Maddie and Lloyd strengthen relationship as Candy and Ryan split
They say absence makes the heart grow fonder and, according to House Rules pair Maddie and Lloyd, so does appearing on a renovation series.

New Zealand breeze into Dubai Sevens quarter-finals, Australia eliminated
Favourites New Zealand coasted into the quarter-finals of the Dubai Rugby Sevens on Friday, as they looked to follow up on their win in the first ...

The Bachelorette Australia 2015: Have the eliminated contestants found love yet? - HeraldSun Search Search ...
SINCE THE Bachelorette finale aired on Thursday night, all eyes have been on Sam Frost and her chosen beau, Sasha Mielczarek.

MasterChef Australia: Reynold Poernomo gets eliminated
JUST desserts, or the last man on MasterChef burned at the stake?

MasterChef finalist Sara Oteri of Perth eliminated - PerthNow Search Search
PERTH MasterChef finalist Sara Oteri has been eliminated from the hit show’s finals week. But there’s still one more WA contender.

Patient restraint should be 'eliminated'

Natalia Semenova eliminated from discus after freak accident
Ukrainian medal hope Natalia Semenova, the self-styled "Iron Lady", suffered a freak accident while warming up for the women's discus throw at ...

Jack Hale eliminated in Stawell Gift semis
Australia's fastest boy Jack Hale has been eliminated in the semi-finals of the Stawell Gift.