I have a ASP.Net 1.x web application developed using VS 2003. The language used for this application is VB.Net. When I tried to migrate to VS 2005 I am getting the list of errors and warnings as shown below. I have been trying the migration in a new machine which does not have VS 2003.
List of Error:
1. Expression of type 'String' can never be of type 'System.DBNull'.
List of Warnings:
1. The referenced component 'CDONTS' could not be found.
2. Cannot load type library for reference "CDONTS". Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED))
3. Property without an 'As' clause; type of Object assumed.
4. Variable declaration without an 'As' clause; type of Object assumed.
5. 'Public Shared ReadOnly Property AppSettings() As System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection' is obsolete: 'This method is obsolete, it has been replaced by System.Configuration!System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings'
6. 'Public Function Add(parameterName As String, value As Object) As System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter' is obsolete: 'Add(String parameterName, Object value) has been deprecated. Use AddWithValue(String parameterName, Object value). http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=14202'
7. Function without an 'As' clause; return type of Object assumed.
I believe for the warnings 1 & 2 if I register the cdonts.dll and add the reference to it will solve the issue. So kindly help me to fix the errors and warnings listed above.
Thanks in advance.
these errors are certain, this might be useful