Error: Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user instances enabled' to generate user instances.

Hi to all,

I have a website developed in ASP.NET 2.0, SQL Server 2005 and Ajax 1.0. When i tried to debug it in vs 2005, it gives me this error "Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user instances enabled' to generate user instances." I dun know how to correct this error and where to set this user instance enabled. If anybody knows it solution, kindly let me know about it.....!

Thanks in advance.

0 dazzy 8/8/2008 3:23:08 PM

I'm assuming you've got SQL Server 2005 Express Edition?  I don't think you can have user instances with anything other than Express Edition. You need to run the command

0 griff_1000 8/8/2008 3:45:35 PM

Thank u so much griff. My issue has resolved by just removing the "User Instance=True" from the connection string.

0 dazzy 8/8/2008 5:23:05 PM
Reply:

(Thread closed)