To edit or no to edit

Jon,

Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like
I wrote utterly crap?-)

--
Pieter

"Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates, Apache
 in house." -- Usenet signature
0
Pieter
5/6/2009 12:48:01 AM
embarcadero.test 1260 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Pieter Zijlstra wrote:

> Jon,
>
> Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like
> I wrote utterly crap?-)

Oh boy, the edit button vanished from the web-forum ...

;-)

--
Pieter

"Humor is also a way of saying something serious."
 -- T. S. Eliot (1888 - 1965)
0
Pieter
5/6/2009 12:56:57 AM
Pieter Zijlstra wrote:

> Pieter Zijlstra wrote:
>
> > Jon,
> >
> > Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look
> > like I wrote utterly crap?-)
>
> Oh boy, the edit button <just> vanished from the web-forum ...
>
> ;-)

Not that I really mis it, since noticing that some are "abusing" this
feature to correct a long post several times, in a short time-frame ;-)

--
Pieter

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same
 level of thinking we were at when we created them."
 -- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
0
Pieter
5/6/2009 1:01:37 AM
Pieter Zijlstra wrote:
> Jon,
>
> Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like
> I wrote utterly crap?-)

You can edit any of your posts, anytime you like.

> Oh boy, the edit button <just> vanished from the web-forum ...

Not on my end :-)

Jon

Edited by: Jonathan Benedicto on May 5, 2009 10:19 PM
0
Jonathan
5/6/2009 2:20:07 AM
Jonathan Benedicto wrote:

> Pieter Zijlstra wrote:
> > Jon,
> >
> > Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look
> > like I wrote utterly crap?-)
>
> You can edit any of your posts, anytime you like.
>
> >Oh boy, the edit button <just> vanished from the web-forum ...
>
> Not on my end :-)

<blush>
Oh, err, oops, I wasn't logged in ;-)
</blush>

Somehow my cookie was gone, I guess I screwed up somewhere or maybe it
was caused by the IE8 upgrade (?)

--
Pieter

"Gravity cannot be held responsible for people falling in love."
 -- Albert Einstein
0
Pieter

edit test [Edit]
testing edits seen in NNTP client -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Edited by: Remy Lebeau (TeamB) on Feb 2, 2009 6:27 PM So what NNTP client are you using that allows you to edit a message? Larry "Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" <no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote in message news:75929@forums.codegear.com... > testing edits seen in NNTP client > > -- > Remy Lebeau (TeamB) > > Edited by: Remy Lebeau (TeamB) on Feb 2, 2009 6:27 PM Larry Griffiths wrote: > Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote: > > testing edits seen in NNTP client > > So what NNTP client ...

Test edit [Edit]
Test edit 3 Edited by: quinn wildman on Feb 5, 2009 10:23 AM Edited by: quinn wildman on Feb 5, 2009 10:23 AM This reply sent via http 30 minutes after original post. Original post still not displaying in nntp.. > {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote} > Test edit 3 > > Edited by: quinn wildman on Feb 5, 2009 10:23 AM > > Edited by: quinn wildman on Feb 5, 2009 10:23 AM ...

Edit but no edit

Editable/Not Editable
Hello All, I have some webform(.aspx page) in which i have some controls (for input) and i would like to make that screen editable/not editable based on some condition. how can i do that.  the whole intent is user can read the information but can't change.  shiva kumar If you want to make the controls editable/non-editable, you can set their ReadOnly property to true or false accordingly. What exactly do you imply by making the screen editable/non-editable?Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! i mean to say i would like to show the current values but user should not modify them. ReadOnly property is the way to go...Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! Thanks bullpit. You can do it with javascript:   document.getElementById('TextBox1').readOnly = true;  Hope this helps!  Don't forget to mark the most helpful post(s) as Answer for the sake of future readers.  Thanks!Josh Stodola ← Come check out my blog!...

test edit [Edit] #2
test edit1 Nate Sharp wrote: > test edit1 tested ...

Edit Test 3 [Edit]
Text 2 ...

edit test 4 [Edit]
text 2 -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com Edited by: xxx Marc Rohloff on Feb 5, 2009 8:15 AM On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 05:14:17 -0800, Marc Rohloff wrote: > text 1 Followup -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com ...

Edit Test 1 [Edit]
Second edits Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 4, 2009 10:09 PM Edited by: xxxxx Marc Rohloff on Feb 4, 2009 10:09 PM On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 19:10:09 -0800, Marc Rohloff wrote: > Second edits > > Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 4, 2009 10:09 PM > > Edited by: xxxxx Marc Rohloff on Feb 4, 2009 10:09 PM follow up 1 -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 19:10:09 -0800, Marc Rohloff wrote: > Second edits > > Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 4, 2009 10:09 PM > > Edited by: xxxxx Marc Rohloff on Feb 4, 200...

testing edit fixes [Edit]
first time -- Jon Edited by: Jonathan Benedicto on Feb 5, 2009 5:44 PM Edited by: Jonathan Benedicto on Feb 5, 2009 5:44 PM ...

Edit Test 2
Text 2 xxxx Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 4, 2009 10:14 PM ...

Edit Test 1 v5 [Edit]
v6 Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 6, 2009 10:06 AM Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 6, 2009 10:27 AM Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 6, 2009 10:27 AM Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 6, 2009 10:28 AM Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 6, 2009 10:32 AM On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 07:28:07 -0800, Marc Rohloff wrote: Follow up to v4 -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 07:29:19 -0800, Marc Rohloff wrote: Follow up to v5 -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 07:30:06 -0800, Marc Rohloff wrote: Follow up to v4 follow-up > Follow up to v4 -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 07:29:19 -0800, Marc Rohloff wrote: Another followup to v5 > v5 > > Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 6, 2009 10:06 AM > > Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 6, 2009 10:27 AM > > Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 6, 2009 10:27 AM > > Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 6, 2009 10:28 AM -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com Marc Rohloff wrote: > v6 > > Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 6, 2009 10:06 AM > > Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 6, 2009 10:27 AM > > Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 6, 2009 10:27 AM > > Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 6, 2009 10:28 AM > > Edited by: Marc Rohloff on Feb 6, 2009 10:32 AM testing .161 -- Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) ...

What is with the " [Edit] [Edit] [Edit]" posts?
Don't know where I should post this, hopefully a short thread here is okay. But, at least with my newsreader, Agent 6, longer threads tend to get broken into pieces, with "[Edit]" attached to the topic name. And sometimes longer threads then get [Edit] [Edit] and then [Edit] [Edit] [Edit] For example, here is a current thread: FastMM 4.96 available [Edit] [Edit] [Edit] How does this happen? Can I make them show up as one thread? Paul Doland wrote: > Don't know where I should post this, hopefully a short thread here is > okay. But, at least with my...

currency edit? [Edit]
Newby question. I'm trying to understand which is the best compontent to use for currency... I wanted to use a tEdit, but the is near useless unless I do a lot of custom on-key press programming. I could create a data component, but I wanted to do more validation before entering into the sql server database. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm using 2009. thanks, Edited by: William Riddell on Mar 3, 2009 1:00 PM > {quote:title=William Riddell wrote:}{quote} > Newby question. I'm trying to understand which is the best compontent to use for currency... I wanted...

Find & edit [Edit]

CSS File Editing. [Edit]
I used a trial version of Style Master software. I has a ( Smart Browser). If you click on a .css file it will open the associated html file in a (TwebBrowser) and the css. If you click on a area(background, links,etc) in the twebbrowser it takes you to the exact place in the .css file to edit it. I am looking for a way to do this in delphi. Thanks for your comments , and any help to figure this out. Edited by: grant fullen on Mar 15, 2010 11:22 PM ...

D2010 TRibbonPage edits [Edit]
In D2010 Embarcadero® Delphi® 2010 Version 14.0.3593.25826. Win 7 6.1 build 7600. I am trying to use a TRibbon as the main menu for an MDI application. It has several tabs or TRibbonPages. On a tab insert several TRibbonGroups. Drop a button on a tab. Drop another button. Try to cut a button and past to to another group. I loose control of the TRibbonGroups; Many errors reported. I have to close D2010. I can report details but would like a comment if others have this problem first.Perhaps I have missed an upgrade? Thanks, Russell Edited by: Russell Belding on May 20, 2010 1...

Trail Edition to Full Edition
Hi, I have a query which I hope you may be able to help me with. I have the trail edition of visual studio.net 2003 installed on my client machine with the server components of the product installed on the server. WE have just received a subscription for MSDN, which we have activated. My issue is I am a bit unsure of how I can edit the details of the trail edition, to enable me to upgrade to the full edition. I do not wish to uninstall the trail edition and reinstall the full version of Visual studio.net 2003 if I can avoid it as it is very time consuming. So could yo...

Test [Edit]
This message is no longer available. ...

Edit style from DDDW to Edit
How can I change the edit style of a column from DDDW to Edit (or vice versa) at runtime? Something like: dw_1.object.emp_name.edit_style = "Edit" Seems impossible in the help... Thanks You have to set all of the attributes associated with the new edit style (or at least enough of them to make it functional). It will affect all rows, you can't change the edit style for a column on a row by row basis, but you can for all the rows. On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:50:04 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow kyw <kyw@kyw.tv> wrote: >How can I change the edit style of a column from DDDW to Edit (or vice >versa) at runtime? Something like: > >dw_1.object.emp_name.edit_style = "Edit" > >Seems impossible in the help... > >Thanks > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Hi Bruce, I can set the relevant properties once the edit style is fixed. But I have to change the edit style first. If the edit style is dddw, then I can change the properties for dddw type edit style. Or if the edit style is edit then I can change (set) the properties for edit type edit style. But I can not change the edit style (dynamically). I searched through the help and could not find the way to do this. I will have to create two different datawindows and use the appropriate on...

Edit Page / HTML editing
Use the Edit Page and HTML editing daily. Thanks for continuing to improve it. Thank you for this tool!!!!!!! Greg Connell wrote, On 18/12/2013 06:52: > Use the Edit Page and HTML editing daily. > > Thanks for continuing to improve it. > > Thank you for this tool!!!!!!! If you speak about the SM Composer ... nobody improve this tool. Ray_Net wrote: > Greg Connell wrote, On 18/12/2013 06:52: >> Use the Edit Page and HTML editing daily. >> >> Thanks for continuing to improve it. >> >> Thank you for this tool!!!!!!! > If yo...

Test [Edit]
I hope you are patient enough to read my English. Recently I have noticed that *QC5933* was already closed as "Cannot Reproduce". Test [http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=5933|http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=5933] {code} struct foo { foo() {} ~foo() {} }; void foo(int) { int x; int y; } {code} How about this? ----- In the lines... ----- Out of the lines. Edited by: Takeshi Kodama on Apr 8, 2009 5:35 PM Edited by: Takeshi Kodama on Apr 8, 2009 5:37 PM Edited by: Takeshi Kodama on Apr 8, 2009 5:39 PM Edite...

Testing [Edit]
Testing web interface, editing. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) ...

Can you Sync Edit? [Edit]
I can't find a way to do it in Prism. I think it isn't a feature. However, from things I read, I thought DevExpress' dxcore addin might be able to do it. I installed it. I had to add a registry entry to get it to show up for me. But now that it is there, I don't recognize anything there as "sync edit" or similar. Has anyone used this to get sync edit feature in Prism? Oh, and when I right click in source code, there is a context menu item from DevExpress that says Code..., but when I select it, nothing happens. IIRC when installing DXCore after installing...

edit.html.tmpl editing
I want to edit the page edit.html.tmpl. This is the template used by the post_bug.cgi script where one can edit a bug that has been submitted. Within the "Details" table, the bug's fields are displayed and I want to remove a few of these fields from view. The lines in the edit.html.tmpl that are responsible for displaying this table of fields are as follows: [%# *** ID, product, component, status and resolution *** %] <td valign="top">[% PROCESS section_details1 %]</td> Where does the Template Toolkit pull the "section_details1&qu...

Web resources about - To edit or no to edit - embarcadero.test

Edits Quarterly
“Short narratives in film and photography”, by Ian Coyle. Do yourself a favor and view it on a big display in Safari in full-screen mode.

File:Edit-copy purple.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This file contains additional information, probably added from the digital camera or scanner used to create or digitize it.If the file has been ...

Articles with edits awaiting review - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As part of a Request for Comment on pending-changes protection , a third phase considered its use in the short term. In accordance with consensus ...

Facebook Android App Update Includes Privacy Settings Icon, Structured Status Updates, Ability To Edit ...
... Inside Facebook reported that the update also extends the availability of structured status updates , as well as the ability for users to edit ...

The Logic Pros: 3 helpful tricks to keep your MIDI/audio edits quick and easy
... episode of The Logic Pros , we will be continuing our look at some of Logic Pro X’s underused features and key commands with some helpful editing ...

Google Docs now lets you edit and format your documents with your voice
Google today announced a new feature for its mega-popular Google Docs tool that lets you format and edit documents with your voice. It's an ...

Techtrek's Wikipedia edits on Powa founder Dan Wagner - Business Insider Deutschland
... and increased the estimate of Dan Wagner's wealth. TechTrek/Wikimedia Commons (CC) Powa CEO Dan Wagner. A Wikipedia user who has only edited ...

Google Photos now lets you edit your snaps online
Google Photos users can finally edit their images on the web, thanks to new browser-based tools that are available today. The update sidesteps ...

Use Your Voice to Type, Edit, and Format Inside Google Docs
Users of Google Docs can now utilize their voice to not only dictate what they want written, but can comprehensively edit and format documents. ...

Google Docs now lets you edit and format text with your voice
Back in September, Google rolled out voice typing in Docs, letting you compose text without needing to touch the keyboard. Whether or not talking ...