what is the best Delphi IDE

Hello,
I am making a pool here tell us what is the best Delphi IDE you work with ?
0
no
10/19/2008 8:52:06 PM
embarcadero.off-topic 3759 articles. 1 followers. Follow

isaac sam wrote:

> Hello,
> I am making a pool here

Cool! I'll take care of the drinks.

FWIW, reservations made by getting up very early and putting a towel on
a deckchair will not be honoured (I'm sure some of our European guests
here will recognize the system).

"What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and
 friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us
 in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for
 our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful
 world." -- Robert E. Lee, letter to his wife, 1864
0
Rudy
10/19/2008 9:35:24 PM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
> isaac sam wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I am making a pool here
>
> Cool! I'll take care of the drinks.
>
> FWIW, reservations made by getting up very early and putting a towel on
> a deckchair will not be honoured (I'm sure some of our European guests
> here will recognize the system).

afraid of telling which one is the best ;)
0
no
10/19/2008 10:28:16 PM
isaac sam wrote:

> afraid of telling which one is the best ;)

You didn't get what I wrote, or why I wrote it, did you?

"Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a factor that decides
 between success and failure." -- Edsger Dijkstra
0
Rudy
10/19/2008 10:41:50 PM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
> isaac sam wrote:
>
>> afraid of telling which one is the best ;)
>
> You didn't get what I wrote, or why I wrote it, did you?
No
0
no
10/19/2008 10:53:12 PM
isaac sam wrote:

> Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
> > isaac sam wrote:
> >
> >> afraid of telling which one is the best ;)
> >
> > You didn't get what I wrote, or why I wrote it, did you?

> No

You were talking about pools. A pool is something like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Backyardpool.jpg

Or one of many other things. IOW, I was kidding you.

I guess you really meant a poll.

FWIW, this is the off-topic group, where technical and non-technical
talk is really off-topic, and people will just make jokes about such
questions as yours (I will not introduce you to the chicken
problematic, right now). If you want to discuss Delpi, why don't you
visit a Delphi group? This is the (mostly) fun group.

FWIW, my favourites are: Delphi 2009, Delphi 2007, Delphi 7.

"Sometimes, the best answer is a more interesting question"
 -- Terry Pratchett
0
Rudy
10/19/2008 11:42:55 PM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
> isaac sam wrote:
>
>> Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

>>> You didn't get what I wrote, or why I wrote it, did you?
>
>> No
>
> You were talking about pools. A pool is something like this:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Backyardpool.jpg
>
> Or one of many other things. IOW, I was kidding you.
>
> I guess you really meant a poll.
>
> FWIW, this is the off-topic group, where technical and non-technical
> talk is really off-topic, and people will just make jokes about such
> questions as yours (I will not introduce you to the chicken
> problematic, right now). If you want to discuss Delpi, why don't you
> visit a Delphi group? This is the (mostly) fun group.
>
> FWIW, my favourites are: Delphi 2009, Delphi 2007, Delphi 7.

oh sorry for typo, but if I post in another group they will tell me to
post here , fun is no problem

thanks
0
no
10/20/2008 12:01:39 AM
isaac sam wrote:

> oh sorry for typo, but if I post in another group they will tell me
> to post here , fun is no problem

Ok, then let's go on with the fun.

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proven it correct,
 not tried it." -- Donald E. Knuth.
0
Rudy
10/20/2008 12:10:10 AM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

> isaac sam wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I am making a pool here
>
> Cool! I'll take care of the drinks.
>
> FWIW, reservations made by getting up very early and putting a towel
> on a deckchair will not be honoured (I'm sure some of our European
> guests here will recognize the system).

Yes some of the European guests here recognize the "German" system and
love to collect their towels in the pool...
.... sorry, must have been the wind ;-)

--
Pieter

"I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
 -- Groucho Marx
0
Pieter
10/20/2008 12:22:28 AM
isaac sam wrote:

> Hello,
> I am making a pool here tell us what is the best Delphi IDE you work
> with ?

Assuming pool = poll

D2007 and currently D2009

IMO D7 is over-hyped especially when it comes to debugging
multithreaded apps the later versions (including D2006) handles that
much better.
(note: I skipped D8 and D2005... luckily ;-)

--
Pieter

"The most important job is not to be Governor, or First Lady in
 my case." -- George W. Bush
0
Pieter
10/20/2008 12:35:15 AM
Pieter Zijlstra wrote:

> > FWIW, reservations made by getting up very early and putting a towel
> > on a deckchair will not be honoured (I'm sure some of our European
> > guests here will recognize the system).
>
> Yes some of the European guests here recognize the "German" system and
> love to collect their towels in the pool...
> ... sorry, must have been the wind ;-)

<veg>

"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung."
 -- Voltaire (1694-1778)
0
Rudy
10/20/2008 12:41:53 AM
Pieter Zijlstra wrote:
> (note: I skipped D8 and D2005... luckily ;-)

of course
0
no
10/20/2008 12:46:20 AM
Pieter Zijlstra wrote:
> Yes some of the European guests here recognize the "German" system and
> love to collect their towels in the pool...
> ... sorry, must have been the wind ;-)

:)
0
no
10/20/2008 12:54:58 AM
isaac sam wrote:

> I am making a pool here tell us what is the best Delphi IDE

I never use Delphi in the pool.  I don't wish to electrocute myself.

--
Strong Bo
0
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

> FWIW, reservations made by getting up very early and putting a towel
> on a deckchair will not be honoured (I'm sure some of our European
> guests here will recognize the system).

Well you should know all about that living where you do.  ;-)

--
Strong Bo
0
Strong Bow wrote:

> Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
>
> > FWIW, reservations made by getting up very early and putting a towel
> > on a deckchair will not be honoured (I'm sure some of our European
> > guests here will recognize the system).
>
> Well you should know all about that living where you do.  ;-)

Why? I've never seen them do it here. <g>

"Tact is the ability to tell a man he has an open mind when he
 has a hole in his head." -- Unknown
0
Rudy

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LuIJqF8av6I

--
Strong Bo
0
Strong Bow wrote:

> > > Well you should know all about that living where you do.  ;-)
> >
> > Why? I've never seen them do it here. <g>
>
> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LuIJqF8av6I

Yeah, I had seen that before. But they only do it abroad, I meant. <g>

"Wit makes its own welcome and levels all distinctions."
 -- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
0
Rudy
10/20/2008 10:39:13 AM
Strong Bow wrote:

>>I am making a pool here tell us what is the best Delphi IDE
>
> I never use Delphi in the pool.  I don't wish to electrocute myself.

not to mention the bother of drying out all that soggy code afterwards
0
Kirt

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

best or very best
Name: Guiliano Moreno Email: Guilianodotmorenoatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: best or very best Comments: best or very best Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; es-ES; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 migration
Hello, for migrating a Delphi 7 application to Delphi 2009, I wonder if there is some kind of best practices guide available? For example, general pitfalls to watch out, ... or a tool which analyse the current code base in respect to problems with Delphi 2009. Basically it is a BDE based application accessing a MSSQL database. The only third-party component in use is an ActiveX thingy integrating a reporting engine. Thanks, Thomas At CodeRage 2008 session there is this Migrating your Applications to the Latest Delphi Many developers use Delphi 5, 6, 7, 2005, 2006 ...

Best of the best
Name: Benito Email: benitodotm7atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Best of the best Comments: I think is gonna be a greatest of all product on earth. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

The best of the best
Name: Dmitriy Quaalude Email: quaaludeatmaildotru Product: Firefox Summary: The best of the best Comments: Your browser - the best in own way. Here more than three years I use products from mozilla. Your software much more surpasses competitors! I wish you the further successful prosperity! Thank you! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; ru; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide on...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

best as best
Name: theo Email: theoatberlindotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: best as best Comments: I can't complain all the time. I'll never saw something that don't work. Thank you for this good browser ever. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Best of the Best
Name: BurtDensmore Email: BurtDensmore_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: Best of the Best Comments: It can only get better, and good bye Microsoft, and Hello FireFox All we need now is a FireFox OS BurtD Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060821 Firefox/2.0b2 ...

the best of the best
Name: sorin Email: sorin_ifri_at_yahoo.com Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: the best of the best Comments: works .... Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060821 Firefox/2.0b2 ...

Off-Topics that are On-Topics!!!
Hi everybody, I see here some "Off-Topics" that are so off that moderator wishes them to be as "On-Topics" then he/she suddenly discard them without notice to the author!!! It is because freedom is respected too much! Don't be messed up! I mean freedom for moderators not the poor authors. Would you like to try? Just send a post containing something about politics, Islam, Palestine, Israel, Iran or the like so that not in favor of moderator. While they are actually and obviously Off-Topics in Delphi/Embarcadero but moderator considers it as the third case(!) i.e. On-T...

The best of The BEST!!
Name: grillo loco Product: Firefox Summary: The best of The BEST!! Comments: I just say........mozilla firefox is the lord Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; es-ES; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - what is the best Delphi IDE - embarcadero.off-topic