Working in Interbase 7.5 however not in Interbaser 2009 [Edit]

I have been using Firebird for years howerver now I'm employed in a company using Interbase. Our software is written in Delphi 7 and currently we are running with Interbase 7.5 (via DBexpress), however in order to prepare our software to run on Vista we are trying to make it run with Interbase 2009 (Desktop Edition).

When we release new versions of our software for our customers it is automatically updateing the database by executing "a bunch" of SQL statements (.e.g "ALTER TABLE", "CREATE TABLE", "CREATE INDEX").

All these statements are running fine on Interbase 7.5, however haveing uninstalled Interbase 7.5 and installled Interbase 2009 we are seeing errors like "SQL Server Error: Invalid database handle (no active connection)" or "SQL Server Error: Connection lost to database". Also these errors are not consistant, in its not the same SQL-Statement that fails. Updating our database from version 1.00 to 1.81 sometime it fails on 1.13,  1.39, 1.42, 1.44, 1.54) and sometimes it completes the update without any err
ors (each "update" consist of anywhere between 1 to 30 SQL-Statements, each executed separatly). We have (without any luck) tried to connect/disconnect between each "update" and this don't change anything. Also we have tried with/without explicit commits for each SQL statement (in Interbase 7.5 it is running smooth).

All that I have done is uninstalling Interbase 7.5 and in stead installing Interbase 2009 (Desktop Edition), I haven't changed a single line of code in the software - Do I need to change anything in the connection (see below), or any other ideas as what is causing this ?

    FSQLConnection := TSQLConnection.Create(nil);
    with FSQLConnection do begin
      ConnectionName := 'IBConnection'  ;
      DriverName := 'Interbase'     ;
      GetDriverFunc := 'getSQLDriverINTERBASE'  ;
      LibraryName := 'dbexpint.dll'  ;
      LoginPrompt := False  ;
      Params.Values['DriverName'] := 'Interbase' ;
      Params.Values['Database'] := HostName+FDatabase;
      Params.Values['RoleName'] := 'RoleName';
      Params.Values['User_Name'] := User;;
      Params.Values['Password'] := Password ;
      Params.Values['SQLDialect'] := '1' ;
      Params.Values['WaitOnLocks'] := 'False';
      Params.Values['Interbase TransIsolation'] := 'ReadCommited';
      VendorLib := 'gds32.dll' ;
      Connected := True ;
      Result := Connected ;
    end ;

Pelle

Edited by: Pelle F. S. Liljendal on Jun 8, 2009 6:00 AM
0
Pelle
6/8/2009 1:01:05 PM
embarcadero.interbase.general 923 articles. 0 followers. Follow

By your description here it sounds like InterBase 2009 is crashing for
some unknown reason.  This would lead to the Invalid database handle and
Connection lost to database errors. Connection strings have not changed
so this is not the issue.

What we need to figure out is what is leading to the crash. All I know
at this point is you are executing a bunch of SQL statements. That tells
me next to nothing. To solve the problem, ultimately what needs to
happen is we need to figure out how to reproduce it.

Pelle F. S. Liljendal wrote:
> I have been using Firebird for years howerver now I'm employed in a company using Interbase. Our software is written in Delphi 7 and currently we are running with Interbase 7.5 (via DBexpress), however in order to prepare our software to run on Vista we are trying to make it run with Interbase 2009 (Desktop Edition).
>
> When we release new versions of our software for our customers it is automatically updateing the database by executing "a bunch" of SQL statements (.e.g "ALTER TABLE", "CREATE TABLE", "CREATE INDEX").
>
> All these statements are running fine on Interbase 7.5, however haveing uninstalled Interbase 7.5 and installled Interbase 2009 we are seeing errors like "SQL Server Error: Invalid database handle (no active connection)" or "SQL Server Error: Connection lost to database". Also these errors are not consistant, in its not the same SQL-Statement that fails. Updating our database from version 1.00 to 1.81 sometime it fails on 1.13,  1.39, 1.42, 1.44, 1.54) and sometimes it completes the update without any e
rr
> ors (each "update" consist of anywhere between 1 to 30 SQL-Statements, each executed separatly). We have (without any luck) tried to connect/disconnect between each "update" and this don't change anything. Also we have tried with/without explicit commits for each SQL statement (in Interbase 7.5 it is running smooth).
>
> All that I have done is uninstalling Interbase 7.5 and in stead installing Interbase 2009 (Desktop Edition), I haven't changed a single line of code in the software - Do I need to change anything in the connection (see below), or any other ideas as what is causing this ?
>
>     FSQLConnection := TSQLConnection.Create(nil);
>     with FSQLConnection do begin
>       ConnectionName := 'IBConnection'  ;
>       DriverName := 'Interbase'     ;
>       GetDriverFunc := 'getSQLDriverINTERBASE'  ;
>       LibraryName := 'dbexpint.dll'  ;
>       LoginPrompt := False  ;
>       Params.Values['DriverName'] := 'Interbase' ;
>       Params.Values['Database'] := HostName+FDatabase;
>       Params.Values['RoleName'] := 'RoleName';
>       Params.Values['User_Name'] := User;;
>       Params.Values['Password'] := Password ;
>       Params.Values['SQLDialect'] := '1' ;
>       Params.Values['WaitOnLocks'] := 'False';
>       Params.Values['Interbase TransIsolation'] := 'ReadCommited';
>       VendorLib := 'gds32.dll' ;
>       Connected := True ;
>       Result := Connected ;
>     end ;
>

> Pelle
>
> Edited by: Pelle F. S. Liljendal on Jun 8, 2009 6:00 AM
0
quinn
6/8/2009 7:39:30 PM
It has nothing to do with the actual statements being sent to the database engine. I have changed the software so that I log every line (SQL-statement) to a log file so that I can see exactly where it happens (but mind its not the same place/statement for each try I do). Here are the last lines being executed (disregard the lines are not semicolon-terminated as they are execued one-by-one):
ALTER TABLE Speed ADD TargetDistance7 Integer
ALTER TABLE Speed ADD TargetSpeed7 Float
ALTER TABLE Speed ADD Distance7 Integer
ALTER TABLE Speed ADD Speed7 Float
ALTER TABLE Speed ADD AvgSpeed7 Float
ALTER TABLE Speed ADD MinSpeed7 Float
ALTER TABLE Speed ADD MaxSpeed7 Float
ALTER TABLE Speed ADD TargetDistance8 Integer
ALTER TABLE Speed ADD TargetSpeed8 Float
ALTER TABLE Speed ADD Distance8 Integer    <<< Fails trying to execute this line

Redoing the test it fails in another place:
ALTER TABLE Que ADD FPos_TyrePressure Integer
ALTER TABLE Que ADD FReq_TyrePressure Integer
ALTER TABLE Que ADD FRunning_TyrePressure Integer
ALTER TABLE Que ADD FDone_TyrePressure Integer
ALTER TABLE ProductsDef ADD FPos_TyrePressure Integer
ALTER TABLE ProductsDef ADD FReq_TyrePressure Integer    <<< Fails trying to execute this line

I have tried on 2 separat computers: my own (a notebook) running XP32 and a vmWorkstation test-pc also running XP32. On my own PC it works as expected 90% of the time whereas the vmWare fails in every test I've done (the same program/data/setup works completely without any errors if using Interbase 7.5). To a certian degree it appears as the database engine timesout dropping the connection somewhere along the line (even though these SQL-statements are exectued miliseconds appart, and the problem still per
sists if I manually opens the connection just prior to executeing the statemet (e.g. "ALTER TABLE ProductsDef ADD FReq_TyrePressure Integer"), and manually dropping it again afterwards !?

Pelle

{quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}
> By your description here it sounds like InterBase 2009 is crashing for
> some unknown reason.  This would lead to the Invalid database handle and
> Connection lost to database errors. Connection strings have not changed
> so this is not the issue.
>
> What we need to figure out is what is leading to the crash. All I know
> at this point is you are executing a bunch of SQL statements. That tells
> me next to nothing. To solve the problem, ultimately what needs to
> happen is we need to figure out how to reproduce it.
{quote}
0
Pelle
6/9/2009 9:09:03 AM
I'm not suggesting it does. However, a simple test case in QC would
still be good.

Pelle F. S. Liljendal wrote:
> It has nothing to do with the actual statements being sent to the database engine....
0
quinn
6/9/2009 2:42:21 PM
Oops, I was thinking of a different thread here. While a QC case might
be useful when this case be reproduced, we are not there now.

So far, what you are suggesting is that you just execute a bunch of
statements, a connection will just get dropped reliably. I can state
quite surely that if this was universally true we'd know by now. I've
run test which ran an entire weekend whether this did not happen.

So, while I believe this is happening to you, I have no idea how to
reproduce the problem. Reproducing the problem is the first step in
resolving it.

quinn wildman wrote:
> I'm not suggesting it does. However, a simple test case in QC would
> still be good.
>
> Pelle F. S. Liljendal wrote:
>> It has nothing to do with the actual statements being sent to the database engine....
0
quinn
6/9/2009 2:52:23 PM
Have you looked in interbase.log to see if any errors are being reported
there?

Is this a problem with 1 just one client or multiple clients?

Pelle F. S. Liljendal wrote:
> It has nothing to do with the actual statements being sent to the database engine. I have changed the software so that I log every line (SQL-statement) to a log file so that I can see exactly where it happens (but mind its not the same place/statement for each try I do). Here are the last lines being executed (disregard the lines are not semicolon-terminated as they are execued one-by-one):
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD TargetDistance7 Integer
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD TargetSpeed7 Float
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD Distance7 Integer
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD Speed7 Float
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD AvgSpeed7 Float
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD MinSpeed7 Float
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD MaxSpeed7 Float
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD TargetDistance8 Integer
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD TargetSpeed8 Float
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD Distance8 Integer    <<< Fails trying to execute this line
>
> Redoing the test it fails in another place:
> ALTER TABLE Que ADD FPos_TyrePressure Integer
> ALTER TABLE Que ADD FReq_TyrePressure Integer
> ALTER TABLE Que ADD FRunning_TyrePressure Integer
> ALTER TABLE Que ADD FDone_TyrePressure Integer
> ALTER TABLE ProductsDef ADD FPos_TyrePressure Integer
> ALTER TABLE ProductsDef ADD FReq_TyrePressure Integer    <<< Fails trying to execute this line
>
> I have tried on 2 separat computers: my own (a notebook) running XP32 and a vmWorkstation test-pc also running XP32. On my own PC it works as expected 90% of the time whereas the vmWare fails in every test I've done (the same program/data/setup works completely without any errors if using Interbase 7.5). To a certian degree it appears as the database engine timesout dropping the connection somewhere along the line (even though these SQL-statements are exectued miliseconds appart, and the problem still p
er
> sists if I manually opens the connection just prior to executeing the statemet (e.g. "ALTER TABLE ProductsDef ADD FReq_TyrePressure Integer"), and manually dropping it again afterwards !?
>
> Pelle
>

> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}
>> By your description here it sounds like InterBase 2009 is crashing for
>> some unknown reason.  This would lead to the Invalid database handle and
>> Connection lost to database errors. Connection strings have not changed
>> so this is not the issue.
>>
>> What we need to figure out is what is leading to the crash. All I know
>> at this point is you are executing a bunch of SQL statements. That tells
>> me next to nothing. To solve the problem, ultimately what needs to
>> happen is we need to figure out how to reproduce it.
> {quote}
0
quinn
6/9/2009 5:37:47 PM
Are you using a local or remote connection? If you are using a local
connection, if you switch to a remote style connection does the problem
still happen?

Pelle F. S. Liljendal wrote:
> It has nothing to do with the actual statements being sent to the database engine. I have changed the software so that I log every line (SQL-statement) to a log file so that I can see exactly where it happens (but mind its not the same place/statement for each try I do). Here are the last lines being executed (disregard the lines are not semicolon-terminated as they are execued one-by-one):
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD TargetDistance7 Integer
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD TargetSpeed7 Float
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD Distance7 Integer
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD Speed7 Float
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD AvgSpeed7 Float
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD MinSpeed7 Float
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD MaxSpeed7 Float
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD TargetDistance8 Integer
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD TargetSpeed8 Float
> ALTER TABLE Speed ADD Distance8 Integer    <<< Fails trying to execute this line
>
> Redoing the test it fails in another place:
> ALTER TABLE Que ADD FPos_TyrePressure Integer
> ALTER TABLE Que ADD FReq_TyrePressure Integer
> ALTER TABLE Que ADD FRunning_TyrePressure Integer
> ALTER TABLE Que ADD FDone_TyrePressure Integer
> ALTER TABLE ProductsDef ADD FPos_TyrePressure Integer
> ALTER TABLE ProductsDef ADD FReq_TyrePressure Integer    <<< Fails trying to execute this line
>
> I have tried on 2 separat computers: my own (a notebook) running XP32 and a vmWorkstation test-pc also running XP32. On my own PC it works as expected 90% of the time whereas the vmWare fails in every test I've done (the same program/data/setup works completely without any errors if using Interbase 7.5). To a certian degree it appears as the database engine timesout dropping the connection somewhere along the line (even though these SQL-statements are exectued miliseconds appart, and the problem still p
er
> sists if I manually opens the connection just prior to executeing the statemet (e.g. "ALTER TABLE ProductsDef ADD FReq_TyrePressure Integer"), and manually dropping it again afterwards !?
>
> Pelle
>

> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}
>> By your description here it sounds like InterBase 2009 is crashing for
>> some unknown reason.  This would lead to the Invalid database handle and
>> Connection lost to database errors. Connection strings have not changed
>> so this is not the issue.
>>
>> What we need to figure out is what is leading to the crash. All I know
>> at this point is you are executing a bunch of SQL statements. That tells
>> me next to nothing. To solve the problem, ultimately what needs to
>> happen is we need to figure out how to reproduce it.
> {quote}
0
quinn
6/9/2009 10:36:54 PM
I'm using a local connection (since I am running Interbase 2009 Desktop Edition) however I've just tried to change the license to a Developer Edition and re-ran the test connecting to the database using a "remote connection" (to localhost), and the problem still persists however the error this time was: SQL Server Error: Unable to complete network request to host 'LocalHost'.

These are the last lines from the "interbase.log" file:

ADMIN-3282D9B76 (Client)	Wed Jun 10 12:12:55 2009
	Guardian starting: C:\CodeGear\InterBase\bin\ibserver.exe

ADMIN-3282D9B76 (Server)	Wed Jun 10 12:14:55 2009
	Database: C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\APPLICATION DATA\BM AUTOTEKNIK\BM FLEXCHECK\DATA\BMFLEXCHECKBASE.GDB
	internal gds software consistency check (cannot find record fragment (248), file: vio.c line: 3535)

ADMIN-3282D9B76 (Server)	Wed Jun 10 12:14:55 2009
	(null)
 	An exception occurred that does
		not have a description.  Exception number C0000029.
	This exception will cause the InterBase server
	to terminate abnormally.

ADMIN-3282D9B76 (Client)	Wed Jun 10 12:14:55 2009
	C:\CodeGear\InterBase\bin\ibserver.exe: terminated abnormally (-1)

ADMIN-3282D9B76 (Server)	Wed Jun 10 12:14:56 2009
	Server: setting SWEEP_QUANTUM to 250, USER_QUANTUM to 1000,
 		   SWEEP_YIELD_TIME to 1 ms, and MAX_THREADS to 1000000
 		   SQL_COMPILER_RECURSION to 2000

ADMIN-3282D9B76 (Client)	Wed Jun 10 12:14:57 2009
	Guardian starting: C:\CodeGear\InterBase\bin\ibserver.exe

ADMIN-3282D9B76 (Server)	Wed Jun 10 12:17:03 2009
	Server: setting SWEEP_QUANTUM to 250, USER_QUANTUM to 1000,
 		   SWEEP_YIELD_TIME to 1 ms, and MAX_THREADS to 1000000
 		   SQL_COMPILER_RECURSION to 2000

ADMIN-3282D9B76 (Client)	Wed Jun 10 12:17:03 2009
	Guardian starting: C:\CodeGear\InterBase\bin\ibserver.exe

ADMIN-3282D9B76 (Server)	Wed Jun 10 12:18:03 2009
	Database: C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\APPLICATION DATA\BM AUTOTEKNIK\BM FLEXCHECK\DATA\BMFLEXCHECKBASE.GDB
	internal gds software consistency check (cannot find record fragment (248), file: vio.c line: 3535)

ADMIN-3282D9B76 (Server)	Wed Jun 10 12:18:03 2009
	Database: C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\APPLICATION DATA\BM AUTOTEKNIK\BM FLEXCHECK\DATA\BMFLEXCHECKBASE.GDB
	internal gds software consistency check (cannot find record fragment (248), file: vio.c line: 3535)

ADMIN-3282D9B76 (Server)	Wed Jun 10 12:18:03 2009
	INET/inet_error: read errno = 10053 client host = ADMIN-3282D9B76 connection name = admin-3282d9b76 user name = ADMINISTRATOR server port number = 0

ADMIN-3282D9B76 (Client)	Wed Jun 10 12:19:30 2009
	REMOTE INTERFACE/gds__detach: Unsuccessful detach from database.
	Uncommitted work may have been lost

ADMIN-3282D9B76 (Client)	Wed Jun 10 12:20:05 2009
	C:\CodeGear\InterBase\bin\ibserver.exe: normal shutdown

> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Are you using a local or remote connection? If you are using a local
> connection, if you switch to a remote style connection does the problem
> still happen?
0
Pelle
6/10/2009 12:06:46 PM
When the problem occurs, do you have one client or multiple clients to
the database?

Pelle F. S. Liljendal wrote:
> I'm using a local connection (since I am running Interbase 2009 Desktop Edition) however I've just tried to change the license to a Developer Edition and re-ran the test connecting to the database using a "remote connection" (to localhost), and the problem still persists however the error this time was: SQL Server Error: Unable to complete network request to host 'LocalHost'....

0
quinn
6/10/2009 2:33:11 PM
Only one program is running/accessing the database (one single Thread). Yesterday I cloned the vmWare machine that I'm using for testing this and deinstalled Interbase 2009 Desktop and in stead installed Interbase 2007 Desktop. On this clone (now running with Interbase 2007 Desktop) the program runs smooth through the entire update process without any problems.

Pelle

> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> When the problem occurs, do you have one client or multiple clients to
> the database?
0
Pelle
6/11/2009 7:45:17 AM
I think there is something here, but I don't have all the details and I
need more from you. I can definitely reproduce this issue with InterBase
2009 with 2 clients executing alter table at the same time and it does
not happen with InterBase 2007. At this time, I'd have call this a DDT
(Don't do that!). I have entered it in our bug tracking system for
consideration in the future.

However, with 1 client I cannot make it happen. I wrote a simple script
that does alter table 64K times and no errors were detected.

Pelle F. S. Liljendal wrote:
> Only one program is running/accessing the database (one single Thread). Yesterday I cloned the vmWare machine that I'm using for testing this and deinstalled Interbase 2009 Desktop and in stead installed Interbase 2007 Desktop. On this clone (now running with Interbase 2007 Desktop) the program runs smooth through the entire update process without any problems.
>
> Pelle
>
>> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
>> When the problem occurs, do you have one client or multiple clients to
>> the database?
0
quinn
6/12/2009 5:26:30 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this is related to our problem which is described
in the thread "IB 2009 - Query error and DB corruption (metadata changes)"
from early April (on Windows).

In our case we are also issuing a bunch of ALTER (and other metadata change)
statements when updating to a new version of the program. The updater checks
that the client issuing the alter statements is the only connection to the
database being updated.

The odd thing for us is that the metadata changes will run OK. The problems
occurs when starting to use the database after the metadata changes. But it
isn't necessarily the first statement after updating that will cause the
errors. Some statements might work and others not. It seems so random that I
haven't had the time and energy to try to make a proper test case.

If we do a backup+restore after making the metadata changes everything will
run smoothly after the updates. But if we fail to do backup+restore the
database is destined for corruption... So for now we always do
backup+restore after metadata changes to a IB 2009 database.

Sorry Quinn. Still not able to give you any more input than earlier but we
sincerely hope that eg. Pelle here will be able to give you something useful
to go on. At the moment we have not shipped IB 2009 to a single customer due
to this problem.

Regards,
Kjell

"quinn wildman" <qwildman@embarcadero.com> wrote in message
>I think there is something here, but I don't have all the details and I
> need more from you. I can definitely reproduce this issue with InterBase
> 2009 with 2 clients executing alter table at the same time and it does
> not happen with InterBase 2007. At this time, I'd have call this a DDT
> (Don't do that!). I have entered it in our bug tracking system for
> consideration in the future.
>

> However, with 1 client I cannot make it happen. I wrote a simple script
> that does alter table 64K times and no errors were detected.
>
> Pelle F. S. Liljendal wrote:
>> Only one program is running/accessing the database (one single Thread).
>> Yesterday I cloned the vmWare machine that I'm using for testing this and
>> deinstalled Interbase 2009 Desktop and in stead installed Interbase 2007
>> Desktop. On this clone (now running with Interbase 2007 Desktop) the
>> program runs smooth through the entire update process without any
>> problems.
>>
>> Pelle
>>
>>> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
>>> When the problem occurs, do you have one client or multiple clients to
>>> the database?
0
Kjell

Migrating Interbase 5.5 to Interbase 2009
Hi , I could not find the answer to my question anywhere hence posting it. I have an a huge application written in Delphi 5.0 with using interbase 5.5 and BDE Links. We could not migrate this earlier due to a host of reasons. We are currently migrating it to Delphi XE / dbExpress.and interbase 2009. I installed Interbase 2009 on a Server , restored the IB 5.5. DB to IB 2009 connected to this DB using the same delphi 5 application. But I did *not* install the IB 2009 client on client PC's. But the application was working fantastic. I want to continue this mode till i...

Interbase 7.5 and Interbase 2007
I have installed Interbase 7.5 Server on Windows Server 2003 and and I have 20 user license that I use for trhe ERP of my company. Now I have purchaised Interbase 2007 with 5 user license for a new project. I would leave installed Interbase 7.5 for the 15 User and install the new Interbase 2007 with 5 license user on the same Windows Server 2003. It's possible? You can have multiple servers on one computer if you use the multi-instance feature. Roberto Colpani wrote: > I have installed Interbase 7.5 Server on Windows Server 2003 and and I have > 20 user license tha...

Back to InterBase 7.5 from InterBase XE
We are preparing a migration to XE from 7.5.1, and have found some minor problems with XE (changed field types, connection drops), which do not look like blockers at the moment. If we solve these problems and upgrade the production database, but then find severe problems in the live environment, would it be possible to restore a XE backup and restore it in InterBase 7.5.1? -- Michael Justin Michael Justin wrote: > We are preparing a migration to XE from 7.5.1, and have found some minor > problems with XE (changed field types, connection drops), which do not > look...

Restore from Interbase 2009 to Interbase XE fails [Edit]
Hello, I have restored .ib file to Interbase XE from Interbase 2009 .gbk file. Restore was successful but IBConsole does not let me to open it with error message: "Attempt to execute an unprepared dynamic SQL statement" What could cause this? I did not execute any SQL. I just tried to open the database using IBConsole Please help Thanks Edited by: Vladimir Nelenson on Mar 7, 2012 10:25 AM Vladimir Nelenson wrote: > Hello, > I have restored .ib file to Interbase XE from Interbase 2009 .gbk file. > Restore was successful but IBConsole does not let me to open it w...

File .gdb from Interbase7.5 and Interbase 2007 to interbase 2009
I have 2 database file(one in Interbase 7.5 and the other in Interbase 2007). To upgrade to interbase 2009 it' s right he follow procedure? 1 - back up of the database in Interbase 7.5 and in interbase 2007; 2- restore in the two databases in Intebase 2009. Thanks. Yep, that's right. Roberto Colpani wrote: > I have 2 database file(one in Interbase 7.5 and the other in Interbase 2007). To upgrade to interbase 2009 it' s right he follow procedure? > 1 - back up of the database in Interbase 7.5 and in interbase 2007; > 2- restore in the two databases in Intebase ...

[InterBase] How connect by InterBase?
I want to connect to InterBase(DB) with PowerBuilder 6.5 .. Is that possible? but How connect ? If you have PB Desktop, you can't. Else, all you need is an ODBC driver. Using google I quickly located one: http://www.geocities.com/ibdatabase/index.html -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "Yun Ji Nam" <yunji.nam@technopia.net> wrote in message news:qBqt0TaIBHA.252@forums.sybase.com... > I want to connec...

Interbase General Script examples different speed between Interbase and Firebird
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_3b42b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Hello this are the scripts of the captured screens --JivePart=_3b42b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="Actualizaciones.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Actualizaciones.zip" UEsDBBQAAAAIAKuopDxrVeqcLjIAAFU0AQAVAAAAQWN0dWFsaXphY2lvbjA4NjYuc3Fs7X3bkhs3 kui7Iv...

DBD::Interbase and Interbase Events
Hi all I am trying to implement Interbase synchronous events. From the little documentation that there is on the DBD::Interbase implimentation of IB events I have seen that it is very similar to Delphi. (1) Register your interest and obtain a ref to an event handle. (2) Call ib_wait_event to wait for a synchronous event fired from the database. The problem I am having is when I call $dbh->func($evh, 'ib_wait_event'); it is not waiting and continues through the script. Am I missing something important or is there problems with DBD::Interbase-0.43 and events Regar...

Interbase XE3 and Interbase XE
On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? Thank yow. Roberto Colpani wrote: > On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? > Thank yow. XE3 is the latest version, XE is the version before it. Both come in both 32 and 64 bit. -- Jeff Overcash (TeamB) (Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You) And so I ...

Deployment of Delphi 2009 application using dbExpress and Interbase 7.5.1
Environment: Windows 2003 Server, gds32.dll installed in system directory, dbxint.dll in application folder Application is just an empty Form with TSQLConnection, configured for Interbase driver. No runtime packages used, no logic, just the connection component with Connected = False Result: Application process ends immediately after startup, no form displayed Is there something else which needs to be deployed with Delphi 2009 applications using Interbase and dbExpress? Mike p.s. I have checked (on development workstation) what happens if the folder with dbxconnectio...

Interbase 2007 and Interbase 2007 SMP
What's the difference between this two products? Roberto Colpani wrote: > What's the difference between this two products? Licensing. Originally IB required an add-on license for > 1 processor. I think the SMP version included 4 processor support. I can't seem to confirm this, though; IB 2009 SMP says it enables 8 processors out of the box. So it's either 4 or 8. Additional processor support is available for an extra charge. -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

Interbase server name in Interbase XE
I am trying in code to get connected to Interbase XE. To do so , I used to the following in C++ Builder XE : //User creation in Interbase myIBSecurity->ServerName = "Local Server"; myIBSecurity->LoginPrompt = false; myIBSecurity->Params->Add("User_Name=JBOIVIN"); myIBSecurity->Params->Add("password=JBOIVIN"); myIBSecurity->Active = true; where myIBSecurity is an instance of TIBSecurityService. This code is giving me an error message, it cannot find the server name "Local Server". In Interba...

"unavailable database" interbase 2009 to go edition [Edit]
Hello, I am using Interbase 2009 to go edition licensed, and it works great with the IBConsole. I mean I can create new databeses, explore the tables, etc.. The problem is that when I try to do an application with C++ Builder 2010 and IBX components the connection to the database fails and I get the "unavailable batabase" error. I did the next steps: - I used TIBDatabase component in my C++ Builder application. - I renamed de ibtogo.dll to gsd32.dll and put it into the same folder of my apllication - I added the Interbase folder to the same folder of my application. ...

InterBase 7.5.1 JDBC client (InterClient) for Java 7?
Hello, we have two InterBase 7.5.1 servers which are also accessed over JDBC using the InterClient library. This version officially only supports Java versions up to Java SE 5. Is there a newer JDBC driver available for InterBase 7.5 which is compatible with the current Java Run Time Environment (JRE) 7? Problems we have found so far when InterClient is used on newer JREs are related to database metadata (tools like NetBeans or dbVizualizer do not get the metadata for tables, stored procedures etc.). Executing SQL statements seems to work. Many thanks in advance! -- ...

Web resources about - Working in Interbase 7.5 however not in Interbaser 2009 [Edit] - embarcadero.interbase.general