Restore from Interbase 2009 to Interbase XE fails [Edit]

Hello,
I have restored .ib file to Interbase XE from Interbase 2009 .gbk file.
Restore was successful but IBConsole does not let me to open it with error message: "Attempt to execute an unprepared dynamic SQL statement"
What could cause this? I did not execute any SQL. I just tried to open the database using IBConsole
Please help
Thanks

Edited by: Vladimir Nelenson on Mar 7, 2012 10:25 AM
0
Vladimir
3/7/2012 6:26:30 PM
embarcadero.interbase.general 923 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Vladimir Nelenson wrote:
> Hello,
> I have restored .ib file to Interbase XE from Interbase 2009 .gbk file.
> Restore was successful but IBConsole does not let me to open it with error message: "Attempt to execute an unprepared dynamic SQL statement"
> What could cause this?
> Please help
> Thanks

Do you get the same if you try to open it from isql?

Example isql usage:

set isc_user=sysdba
set isc_password=masterkey
isql "path to database"

This will give you a SQL> prompt.

Some commands you can enter:

show database;
show version;
show tables;
show mytable;
select * from mytable;
set list on;
commit;
rollback;
set transaction read committed;
exit;
quit;

Note that all commands need to end in a semicolon (;). If you don't
you'll get a CON> prompt. CON> stands for continue and occurs because
commands can span multiple lines.
0
quinn
3/7/2012 6:28:14 PM
> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
>
> Do you get the same if you try to open it from isql?
>
> Example isql usage:
>
> set isc_user=sysdba
> set isc_password=masterkey
> isql "path to database"
>
> This will give you a SQL> prompt.
>
> Some commands you can enter:
>
> show database;
> show version;
> show tables;
> show mytable;
> select * from mytable;
> set list on;
> commit;
> rollback;
> set transaction read committed;
> exit;
> quit;
>
> Note that all commands need to end in a semicolon (;). If you don't
> you'll get a CON> prompt. CON> stands for continue and occurs because
> commands can span multiple lines.

Thanks Quinn,

I have tried isql commands as you advised.

"show version;" and "select * from mytable;" commands work and return data

"show database;", "show tables;" commands give the following error:

Database: mydatabase.ib
Statement failed, SQLCODE = -551
no permission for read/select access to table RDB$RELATIONS by user SYSDBA

I checked the database at my developer computer with Interbase 2009. My tables have PUBLIC permissions. RDB$RELATIONS table do not have any permissions. But SYSDBA is an owner

What would you recommend me to do?

Vladimir
3/7/2012 10:22:53 PM
> {quote:title=Vladimir Nelenson wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> >
> > Do you get the same if you try to open it from isql?
> >
> > Example isql usage:
> >
> > set isc_user=sysdba
> > set isc_password=masterkey
> > isql "path to database"
> >
> > This will give you a SQL> prompt.
> >
> > Some commands you can enter:
> >
> > show database;
> > show version;
> > show tables;
> > show mytable;
> > select * from mytable;
> > set list on;
> > commit;
> > rollback;
> > set transaction read committed;
> > exit;
> > quit;
> >
> > Note that all commands need to end in a semicolon (;). If you don't
> > you'll get a CON> prompt. CON> stands for continue and occurs because
> > commands can span multiple lines.
>
> Thanks Quinn,
>
> I have tried isql commands as you advised.
>
> "show version;" and "select * from mytable;" commands work and return data
>
> "show database;", "show tables;" commands give the following error:
>
> Database: mydatabase.ib
> Statement failed, SQLCODE = -551
> no permission for read/select access to table RDB$RELATIONS by user SYSDBA
>
> I checked the database at my developer computer with Interbase 2009. My tables have PUBLIC permissions. RDB$RELATIONS table do not have any permissions. But SYSDBA is an owner
>
> What would you recommend me to do?
>
> Thanks

It seems like I found the fix for this error at: http://support.codegear.com/article/40908

Thank you for your support
0
Vladimir

Interbase XE3 and Interbase XE
On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? Thank yow. Roberto Colpani wrote: > On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? > Thank yow. XE3 is the latest version, XE is the version before it. Both come in both 32 and 64 bit. -- Jeff Overcash (TeamB) (Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You) And so I ...

Working in Interbase 7.5 however not in Interbaser 2009 [Edit]
I have been using Firebird for years howerver now I'm employed in a company using Interbase. Our software is written in Delphi 7 and currently we are running with Interbase 7.5 (via DBexpress), however in order to prepare our software to run on Vista we are trying to make it run with Interbase 2009 (Desktop Edition). When we release new versions of our software for our customers it is automatically updateing the database by executing "a bunch" of SQL statements (.e.g "ALTER TABLE", "CREATE TABLE", "CREATE INDEX"). All these statements are runn...

Backup-Restore needed when migrating from Interbase 2009 to XE 64-bit? [Edit]
Hi, We want to migrate our database from Interbase 2009 to Interbase XE 64-bit. I have noticed that Interbase XE can connect directly to the file from Interbase 2009 (without backup-restore), but would anyone advice us not to do that? The reason why it would be nice not to have to do backup-restore is 1) that the size of the database grows from around 27 GB to around 34 GB, and 2) the time we have to take down the system for doing this (around 12h) (BTW, it was necessary to run the readmeta.sql found in examples\security in order to be able to get a working DB-file after the backu...

[InterBase] How connect by InterBase?
I want to connect to InterBase(DB) with PowerBuilder 6.5 .. Is that possible? but How connect ? If you have PB Desktop, you can't. Else, all you need is an ODBC driver. Using google I quickly located one: http://www.geocities.com/ibdatabase/index.html -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "Yun Ji Nam" <yunji.nam@technopia.net> wrote in message news:qBqt0TaIBHA.252@forums.sybase.com... > I want to connec...

Interbase server name in Interbase XE
I am trying in code to get connected to Interbase XE. To do so , I used to the following in C++ Builder XE : //User creation in Interbase myIBSecurity->ServerName = "Local Server"; myIBSecurity->LoginPrompt = false; myIBSecurity->Params->Add("User_Name=JBOIVIN"); myIBSecurity->Params->Add("password=JBOIVIN"); myIBSecurity->Active = true; where myIBSecurity is an instance of TIBSecurityService. This code is giving me an error message, it cannot find the server name "Local Server". In Interba...

Migrating Interbase 5.5 to Interbase 2009
Hi , I could not find the answer to my question anywhere hence posting it. I have an a huge application written in Delphi 5.0 with using interbase 5.5 and BDE Links. We could not migrate this earlier due to a host of reasons. We are currently migrating it to Delphi XE / dbExpress.and interbase 2009. I installed Interbase 2009 on a Server , restored the IB 5.5. DB to IB 2009 connected to this DB using the same delphi 5 application. But I did *not* install the IB 2009 client on client PC's. But the application was working fantastic. I want to continue this mode till i...

Back to InterBase 7.5 from InterBase XE
We are preparing a migration to XE from 7.5.1, and have found some minor problems with XE (changed field types, connection drops), which do not look like blockers at the moment. If we solve these problems and upgrade the production database, but then find severe problems in the live environment, would it be possible to restore a XE backup and restore it in InterBase 7.5.1? -- Michael Justin Michael Justin wrote: > We are preparing a migration to XE from 7.5.1, and have found some minor > problems with XE (changed field types, connection drops), which do not > look...

DBD::Interbase and Interbase Events
Hi all I am trying to implement Interbase synchronous events. From the little documentation that there is on the DBD::Interbase implimentation of IB events I have seen that it is very similar to Delphi. (1) Register your interest and obtain a ref to an event handle. (2) Call ib_wait_event to wait for a synchronous event fired from the database. The problem I am having is when I call $dbh->func($evh, 'ib_wait_event'); it is not waiting and continues through the script. Am I missing something important or is there problems with DBD::Interbase-0.43 and events Regar...

File .gdb from Interbase7.5 and Interbase 2007 to interbase 2009
I have 2 database file(one in Interbase 7.5 and the other in Interbase 2007). To upgrade to interbase 2009 it' s right he follow procedure? 1 - back up of the database in Interbase 7.5 and in interbase 2007; 2- restore in the two databases in Intebase 2009. Thanks. Yep, that's right. Roberto Colpani wrote: > I have 2 database file(one in Interbase 7.5 and the other in Interbase 2007). To upgrade to interbase 2009 it' s right he follow procedure? > 1 - back up of the database in Interbase 7.5 and in interbase 2007; > 2- restore in the two databases in Intebase ...

Interbase General Script examples different speed between Interbase and Firebird
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_3b42b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Hello this are the scripts of the captured screens --JivePart=_3b42b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="Actualizaciones.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Actualizaciones.zip" UEsDBBQAAAAIAKuopDxrVeqcLjIAAFU0AQAVAAAAQWN0dWFsaXphY2lvbjA4NjYuc3Fs7X3bkhs3 kui7Iv...

Interbase 2007 and Interbase 2007 SMP
What's the difference between this two products? Roberto Colpani wrote: > What's the difference between this two products? Licensing. Originally IB required an add-on license for > 1 processor. I think the SMP version included 4 processor support. I can't seem to confirm this, though; IB 2009 SMP says it enables 8 processors out of the box. So it's either 4 or 8. Additional processor support is available for an extra charge. -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

Interbase 7.5 and Interbase 2007
I have installed Interbase 7.5 Server on Windows Server 2003 and and I have 20 user license that I use for trhe ERP of my company. Now I have purchaised Interbase 2007 with 5 user license for a new project. I would leave installed Interbase 7.5 for the 15 User and install the new Interbase 2007 with 5 license user on the same Windows Server 2003. It's possible? You can have multiple servers on one computer if you use the multi-instance feature. Roberto Colpani wrote: > I have installed Interbase 7.5 Server on Windows Server 2003 and and I have > 20 user license tha...

"unavailable database" interbase 2009 to go edition [Edit]
Hello, I am using Interbase 2009 to go edition licensed, and it works great with the IBConsole. I mean I can create new databeses, explore the tables, etc.. The problem is that when I try to do an application with C++ Builder 2010 and IBX components the connection to the database fails and I get the "unavailable batabase" error. I did the next steps: - I used TIBDatabase component in my C++ Builder application. - I renamed de ibtogo.dll to gsd32.dll and put it into the same folder of my apllication - I added the Interbase folder to the same folder of my application. ...

Interbase 2009 upgrade failed
I upgraded delphi 2006 to delphi 2010. In doing so, and upgrading Interbase 7.x to Interbase 2009, database access seems to have been corrupted. On starting Delphi 2010, a message states that gds32.dll is not found, even after I tried reinstalling it. I was able to view a preexisting (interbase) database from Interbase Console. I applied Hotfix 1 and this did not fix the problem. I copied a gds32.dll into system32 (from another computer, perhaps an older version) and I was able to start Delphi 2010. I tr y to access the database and it says "Unavailable Database." If Delphi 201...

Web resources about - Restore from Interbase 2009 to Interbase XE fails [Edit] - embarcadero.interbase.general

Multiversion concurrency control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For instance, a database will implement updates not by deleting an old piece of data and overwriting it with a new one, but instead by marking ...

Open core is not open source
Julie Bort of Networkworld.com has an interview with Mårten Mickos of Eucalyptus , formerly of MySQL. In MySQL times it seemed (to me at least) ...

Almico's Home Page
... my interests and soon. I use to program using Delphi. Anyway: several projects of mine are developedunder Linux using PHP, PostgreSQL, Interbase ...

Sun balances acquisition, innovation
Sun Microsystems tries to make clear at its two-day annual analyst conference that innovation paysyet much of the company's biggest plans today ...

Free Trials - Embarcadero Technologies

Phillipe Kahn
Phillipe Kahn

license-discuss@opensource.org: Threads for May 2005
... May 2005 [2] unsubscribe me [3] Open Software License [3] unsubscribe me please [7] Re: License Wizard [5] For thoughts: fair license [1] InterBase ...

Welcome to dbase
Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

DB-Engines Ranking - popularity ranking of database management systems
English Deutsch Knowledge Base of Relational and NoSQL Database Management Systems provided by solid IT Home - DB-Engines Ranking - Systems - ...

DBF Commander Version History
History of DBF Commander - new DBF tools, DBF editor improvements, and bug fixes