Interbase server name in Interbase XE

I am trying in code to get connected to Interbase XE.
To do so , I used to the following in C++ Builder XE :

//User creation in Interbase
			   myIBSecurity->ServerName = "Local Server";
			   myIBSecurity->LoginPrompt = false;
			   myIBSecurity->Params->Add("User_Name=JBOIVIN");
			   myIBSecurity->Params->Add("password=JBOIVIN");
			   myIBSecurity->Active = true;

where myIBSecurity is an instance of TIBSecurityService.
This code is giving me an error message, it cannot find the server name "Local Server".
In Interbase XE, the server name is Local Server in the properties Dialog box.
I am doing something wrong, or do I have to specify something else.
This code was working in C++ Builder 6.0 and Interbase 6.5.
Help will be appreciated .

Thanks for your help

Jean Boivin
0
Jean
4/1/2012 12:55:37 AM
embarcadero.interbase.general 923 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jean Boivin wrote:
> I am trying in code to get connected to Interbase XE.
> To do so , I used to the following in C++ Builder XE :
>
> //User creation in Interbase
> 			   myIBSecurity->ServerName = "Local Server";
> 			   myIBSecurity->LoginPrompt = false;
> 			   myIBSecurity->Params->Add("User_Name=JBOIVIN");
> 			   myIBSecurity->Params->Add("password=JBOIVIN");
> 			   myIBSecurity->Active = true;
>
> where myIBSecurity is an instance of TIBSecurityService.
> This code is giving me an error message, it cannot find the server name "Local Server".
> In Interbase XE, the server name is Local Server in the properties Dialog box.
> I am doing something wrong, or do I have to specify something else.
> This code was working in C++ Builder 6.0 and Interbase 6.5.
> Help will be appreciated .
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Jean Boivin

No server name is the name of the server ... the machine name.  So for the local
machine localhost is just fine.  You also need to set the Protocol (usually TCP).

I usually suggest first seeing the values at design time using the component
editor and once you see what needs to be set you then better understand how to
do it in code if needed.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)

Interbase XE3 and Interbase XE
On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? Thank yow. Roberto Colpani wrote: > On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? > Thank yow. XE3 is the latest version, XE is the version before it. Both come in both 32 and 64 bit. -- Jeff Overcash (TeamB) (Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You) And so I ...

[InterBase] How connect by InterBase?
I want to connect to InterBase(DB) with PowerBuilder 6.5 .. Is that possible? but How connect ? If you have PB Desktop, you can't. Else, all you need is an ODBC driver. Using google I quickly located one: http://www.geocities.com/ibdatabase/index.html -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "Yun Ji Nam" <yunji.nam@technopia.net> wrote in message news:qBqt0TaIBHA.252@forums.sybase.com... > I want to connec...

Back to InterBase 7.5 from InterBase XE
We are preparing a migration to XE from 7.5.1, and have found some minor problems with XE (changed field types, connection drops), which do not look like blockers at the moment. If we solve these problems and upgrade the production database, but then find severe problems in the live environment, would it be possible to restore a XE backup and restore it in InterBase 7.5.1? -- Michael Justin Michael Justin wrote: > We are preparing a migration to XE from 7.5.1, and have found some minor > problems with XE (changed field types, connection drops), which do not > look...

Restore from Interbase 2009 to Interbase XE fails [Edit]
Hello, I have restored .ib file to Interbase XE from Interbase 2009 .gbk file. Restore was successful but IBConsole does not let me to open it with error message: "Attempt to execute an unprepared dynamic SQL statement" What could cause this? I did not execute any SQL. I just tried to open the database using IBConsole Please help Thanks Edited by: Vladimir Nelenson on Mar 7, 2012 10:25 AM Vladimir Nelenson wrote: > Hello, > I have restored .ib file to Interbase XE from Interbase 2009 .gbk file. > Restore was successful but IBConsole does not let me to open it with error message: "Attempt to execute an unprepared dynamic SQL statement" > What could cause this? > Please help > Thanks Do you get the same if you try to open it from isql? Example isql usage: set isc_user=sysdba set isc_password=masterkey isql "path to database" This will give you a SQL> prompt. Some commands you can enter: show database; show version; show tables; show mytable; select * from mytable; set list on; commit; rollback; set transaction read committed; exit; quit; Note that all commands need to end in a semicolon (;). If you don't you'll get a CON> prompt. CON> stands for continue and occurs because commands can span multiple lines. > {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote} > > Do you get the same if you try to open it from isql? > > Example isql usage: > &g...

Interbase General Script examples different speed between Interbase and Firebird
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_3b42b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Hello this are the scripts of the captured screens --JivePart=_3b42b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="Actualizaciones.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Actualizaciones.zip" UEsDBBQAAAAIAKuopDxrVeqcLjIAAFU0AQAVAAAAQWN0dWFsaXphY2lvbjA4NjYuc3Fs7X3bkhs3 kui7Iv...

DBD::Interbase and Interbase Events
Hi all I am trying to implement Interbase synchronous events. From the little documentation that there is on the DBD::Interbase implimentation of IB events I have seen that it is very similar to Delphi. (1) Register your interest and obtain a ref to an event handle. (2) Call ib_wait_event to wait for a synchronous event fired from the database. The problem I am having is when I call $dbh->func($evh, 'ib_wait_event'); it is not waiting and continues through the script. Am I missing something important or is there problems with DBD::Interbase-0.43 and events Regar...

Interbase 7.5 and Interbase 2007
I have installed Interbase 7.5 Server on Windows Server 2003 and and I have 20 user license that I use for trhe ERP of my company. Now I have purchaised Interbase 2007 with 5 user license for a new project. I would leave installed Interbase 7.5 for the 15 User and install the new Interbase 2007 with 5 license user on the same Windows Server 2003. It's possible? You can have multiple servers on one computer if you use the multi-instance feature. Roberto Colpani wrote: > I have installed Interbase 7.5 Server on Windows Server 2003 and and I have > 20 user license tha...

Interbase 2007 and Interbase 2007 SMP
What's the difference between this two products? Roberto Colpani wrote: > What's the difference between this two products? Licensing. Originally IB required an add-on license for > 1 processor. I think the SMP version included 4 processor support. I can't seem to confirm this, though; IB 2009 SMP says it enables 8 processors out of the box. So it's either 4 or 8. Additional processor support is available for an extra charge. -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

Interbase
Hello, I have downloaded the demo version of Powerbuilder but when I try to connect to my interbase database, PB retrieves the name of all the tables and procedures but not the fields or parameters. PB can't create table (system tables too). It can retrieve records in the table too. What can I do? Thank you Marc Allard ...

InterBase XE
Hi, What are Event ID 251 and 281 as recorded in the interbase log file as below? Where can I find the description for these events? Regards Sub Naik 18:23 The description for Event ID 251 from source IBG_gds_db cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: ...

InterBase
Is it possible to connect Power Builder to InterBase Desktop ? With the Gemini InterBase ODBC driver that works fine. I would like to find another solution with a native driver or custom settings. PB does not offer other options. Why the adversion to ODBC? /ck <VincentDeRath> wrote in message news:235C6F052E726DF00025729785256C0C.002572BB85256C0C@webforums... > Is it possible to connect Power Builder to InterBase Desktop ? > With the Gemini InterBase ODBC driver that works fine. > > I would like to find another solution with a native driver or custom > settings. No technical problem with ODBC driver. - I prefer a native driver faster than ODBC driver. - ODBC driver has not been provided by Sybase or Inprise Corporation. Another software builder ... That's all. Tanks. ...

Migrating Interbase 5.5 to Interbase 2009
Hi , I could not find the answer to my question anywhere hence posting it. I have an a huge application written in Delphi 5.0 with using interbase 5.5 and BDE Links. We could not migrate this earlier due to a host of reasons. We are currently migrating it to Delphi XE / dbExpress.and interbase 2009. I installed Interbase 2009 on a Server , restored the IB 5.5. DB to IB 2009 connected to this DB using the same delphi 5 application. But I did *not* install the IB 2009 client on client PC's. But the application was working fantastic. I want to continue this mode till i...

INTERBASE
how can i access the DB Interbase using PowerBuilder 7? Through ODBC. You must have PB Professional or Enterprise. PB Desktop won't work, since it has a restricted list of supported ODBC drivers. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "Marcelo Reichert" <marcreichert@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:RexSrr1xAHA.165@forums.sybase.com... > how can i access the DB Interbase using PowerBuilder 7? > > ...

Interbase
Anyone have an Interbase 7.x or 2007 .xdb file created that they can share? Thanks, Chris ...

Error with Interbase conenction -> Unknown driver: Interbase
Hi I am am new to programming but I need to work on an data management project using Interbase. Using the following code and an existing database file, I am getting an error: Project ... raise exception class TDBXError with message 'Unknown driver: Interbase' {code{ AppName := Paramstr(0); // ParamStr(0) = exename ApplicationPath := ExtractFilePath(AppName); SetCurrentDir(ApplicationPath); Label1.Text := 'NOT CONNECTED'; DataBaseConnection := TSQLConnection.Create(nil); DataBaseConnection.DriverName := 'Interbase'; DataBaseConnection.LibraryName := 'dbxint.dll'; DataBaseConnection.VendorLib := 'gds32.dll'; DataBaseConnection.GetDriverFunc := 'getSQLDriverINTERBASE'; DataBaseConnection.Params.values['Database'] := 'C:\Users\acoetzer\Dropbox\Iswimle\Database Test Prgm\Database\DATADB.IB'; // Set the passwords DataBaseConnection.LoginPrompt := false; DataBaseConnection.Params.values['User_name'] := 'SYSDBA'; DataBaseConnection.Params.values['Password'] := 'masterkey'; try DataBaseConnection.open; Label1.Text := 'CONNECTED'; except on E: Exception do begin // MessageDlg('Database connection failure - call system administrator.'+ // 'Error Message: ' + E.Message, mtWarning, [mbOK], 0); Label1.Text := '...

Interbase XE Server shutdown when accessing an external table
Hi, we just had a Server shutdown and restart with the following listed in the Interbase log file.... DBSERVER1 (Server) Mon Nov 05 13:52:52 2012 select * from TRANSFORM_EXT ORDER BY SEARCHFORWARD Access violation. The code attempted to access a virtual address without privilege to do so. This exception will cause the InterBase server to terminate abnormally. DBSERVER1 (Server) Mon Nov 05 13:52:52 2012 (null) Access violation. The code attempted to access a virtual address without privilege to do so. This exception will cause the InterBase server to ...

SQL Anywhere Server and Interbase Server
We are having problems running the SQL Anywhere server and the Interbase server at the same time. We are using NT 4.0. Does anyone know what needs to be done to do this? Or what can cause problems when this is done? Thanks, Kevin Hutek Schlafhorst Automation >We are having problems running the SQL Anywhere server and the Interbase >server at the same time. We are using NT 4.0. Does anyone know what needs >to be done to do this? Or what can cause problems when this is done? What happens? Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft -- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <...

Working in Interbase 7.5 however not in Interbaser 2009 [Edit]
I have been using Firebird for years howerver now I'm employed in a company using Interbase. Our software is written in Delphi 7 and currently we are running with Interbase 7.5 (via DBexpress), however in order to prepare our software to run on Vista we are trying to make it run with Interbase 2009 (Desktop Edition). When we release new versions of our software for our customers it is automatically updateing the database by executing "a bunch" of SQL statements (.e.g "ALTER TABLE", "CREATE TABLE", "CREATE INDEX"). All these statements are runn...

File .gdb from Interbase7.5 and Interbase 2007 to interbase 2009
I have 2 database file(one in Interbase 7.5 and the other in Interbase 2007). To upgrade to interbase 2009 it' s right he follow procedure? 1 - back up of the database in Interbase 7.5 and in interbase 2007; 2- restore in the two databases in Intebase 2009. Thanks. Yep, that's right. Roberto Colpani wrote: > I have 2 database file(one in Interbase 7.5 and the other in Interbase 2007). To upgrade to interbase 2009 it' s right he follow procedure? > 1 - back up of the database in Interbase 7.5 and in interbase 2007; > 2- restore in the two databases in Intebase ...

Creating a SQL Server linked server to Interbase using 64 bit SQL Server
Hi, I am trying to use the data direct odbc driver for interbase to create a linked server in SQL Server 2008 R2 64bit however, SQL Server reports an "Arcitechure Mismatch" between the System DSN and SQL Server. This did work under 32 bit SQL Server. Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I have tried using the IBProvider trial as well but this fails to work in SQL Server as well. Our Interbase client(s) and server are all 64 bit installations. Thank you Julian Dawson wrote: > Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I think EasySoft has a (commercial, non-free) 64 bit ODBC driver. IB doesn't ship with one, as far as I know. -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ > I am trying to use the data direct odbc driver for interbase to create a linked server in SQL Server 2008 R2 64bit however, SQL Server reports an "Arcitechure Mismatch" between the System DSN and SQL Server. This did work under 32 bit SQL Server. > > Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? If there is none, you could try the Firebird ODBC driver, which is available as 32-bit and 64-bit version. http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/odbc-driver/ Although I don't know if the driver works with InterBase. -- With regards, Thomas Steinmaurer * Upscene Productions - Database Tools for Developers http://www.up...

InterBase XE 64 Bit server crashes on some SQL statements
Testing InterBase XE 64 Bit on a Windows 2008 64 bit system, from a Delphi client on Windows 7 (64 bit) and Windows 2000 (32 bit), I found that some SQL statements always caused the server to terminate. Example: TSSQLSVR (Server) Wed Dec 15 14:08:34 2010 SELECT POS_TEXT FROM LOADLIST_RECH_POS WHERE FK_SQLNR=? AND FK_POSTENART=? Access violation. The code attempted to access a virtual address without privilege to do so. This exception will cause the InterBase server to terminate abnormally. DDL is: CREATE TABLE LOADLIST_RECH_POS ( LOADLIST_RECH_POS_ID...

Interbase server error
Reading log file I found a lot of this message HPPAV_ADAL (Client) Mon Dec 15 16:21:15 2008 C:\Borland\InterBase\bin\ibserver.exe: terminated abnormally (-1073741502) Anyone can give me a suggestion ? Thans Adalberto Baldini This means the server crashed and we don't know why. Adalberto Baldini wrote: > Reading log file I found a lot of this message > > HPPAV_ADAL (Client) Mon Dec 15 16:21:15 2008 > C:\Borland\InterBase\bin\ibserver.exe: terminated abnormally (-1073741502) > > Anyone can give me a suggestion ? > > Thans > Adalberto...

InterBase XE announced!
Press release: http://www.embarcadero.com/press-releases/new-interbase-xe-offers-advanced-security-and-scalability-with-near-zero-administration Product details including Data Sheet and Feature Matrix: http://www.embarcadero.com/products/interbase Downloads a trial and developer editions : https://downloads.embarcadero.com/free/interbase Hi > {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote} > Press release: > http://www.embarcadero.com/press-releases/new-interbase-xe-offers-advanced-security-and-scalability-with-near-zero-administration > > Product details includ...

Interbase XE corruption
Scanario: Connected to one database in a machine reading records and updating another database with scripts. This scripts has been applied to other databases for testing, but when applying them, only one connection to a database was made. This is the first try to apply the script to one database, while there is a connection to a second database and reading data from that database(only reading, not updating). Is complicated to reproduce it, but the error has corrupted the database and cannot be accessed anymore after that with the next error: COINTEC01 (Client) Thu Dec 15 03:29:...

Web resources about - Interbase server name in Interbase XE - embarcadero.interbase.general

Multiversion concurrency control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For instance, a database will implement updates not by deleting an old piece of data and overwriting it with a new one, but instead by marking ...

Open core is not open source
Julie Bort of Networkworld.com has an interview with Mårten Mickos of Eucalyptus , formerly of MySQL. In MySQL times it seemed (to me at least) ...

Almico's Home Page
... my interests and soon. I use to program using Delphi. Anyway: several projects of mine are developedunder Linux using PHP, PostgreSQL, Interbase ...

Sun balances acquisition, innovation
Sun Microsystems tries to make clear at its two-day annual analyst conference that innovation paysyet much of the company's biggest plans today ...

Free Trials - Embarcadero Technologies

Phillipe Kahn
Phillipe Kahn

license-discuss@opensource.org: Threads for May 2005
... May 2005 [2] unsubscribe me [3] Open Software License [3] unsubscribe me please [7] Re: License Wizard [5] For thoughts: fair license [1] InterBase ...

Welcome to dbase
Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

DB-Engines Ranking - popularity ranking of database management systems
English Deutsch Knowledge Base of Relational and NoSQL Database Management Systems provided by solid IT Home - DB-Engines Ranking - Systems - ...

DBF Commander Version History
History of DBF Commander - new DBF tools, DBF editor improvements, and bug fixes