Interbase 7.5 and Interbase 2007

I have installed Interbase 7.5 Server on Windows Server 2003 and and I have
20 user license that I use for
trhe ERP of my company. Now I have purchaised Interbase 2007 with 5 user
license for a new project. I would leave installed Interbase 7.5 for the 15
User and install the new Interbase 2007 with 5 license user on the same
Windows Server 2003. It's possible?
0
Roberto
10/23/2008 9:04:48 PM
embarcadero.interbase.general 923 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can have multiple servers on one computer if you use the
multi-instance feature.

Roberto Colpani wrote:
> I have installed Interbase 7.5 Server on Windows Server 2003 and and I have
> 20 user license that I use for
> trhe ERP of my company. Now I have purchaised Interbase 2007 with 5 user
> license for a new project. I would leave installed Interbase 7.5 for the 15
> User and install the new Interbase 2007 with 5 license user on the same
> Windows Server 2003. It's possible?
0
quinn

Interbase 2007 and Interbase 2007 SMP
What's the difference between this two products? Roberto Colpani wrote: > What's the difference between this two products? Licensing. Originally IB required an add-on license for > 1 processor. I think the SMP version included 4 processor support. I can't seem to confirm this, though; IB 2009 SMP says it enables 8 processors out of the box. So it's either 4 or 8. Additional processor support is available for an extra charge. -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

Back to InterBase 7.5 from InterBase XE
We are preparing a migration to XE from 7.5.1, and have found some minor problems with XE (changed field types, connection drops), which do not look like blockers at the moment. If we solve these problems and upgrade the production database, but then find severe problems in the live environment, would it be possible to restore a XE backup and restore it in InterBase 7.5.1? -- Michael Justin Michael Justin wrote: > We are preparing a migration to XE from 7.5.1, and have found some minor > problems with XE (changed field types, connection drops), which do not > look...

Migrating Interbase 5.5 to Interbase 2009
Hi , I could not find the answer to my question anywhere hence posting it. I have an a huge application written in Delphi 5.0 with using interbase 5.5 and BDE Links. We could not migrate this earlier due to a host of reasons. We are currently migrating it to Delphi XE / dbExpress.and interbase 2009. I installed Interbase 2009 on a Server , restored the IB 5.5. DB to IB 2009 connected to this DB using the same delphi 5 application. But I did *not* install the IB 2009 client on client PC's. But the application was working fantastic. I want to continue this mode till i...

Working in Interbase 7.5 however not in Interbaser 2009 [Edit]
I have been using Firebird for years howerver now I'm employed in a company using Interbase. Our software is written in Delphi 7 and currently we are running with Interbase 7.5 (via DBexpress), however in order to prepare our software to run on Vista we are trying to make it run with Interbase 2009 (Desktop Edition). When we release new versions of our software for our customers it is automatically updateing the database by executing "a bunch" of SQL statements (.e.g "ALTER TABLE", "CREATE TABLE", "CREATE INDEX"). All these statements are runn...

File .gdb from Interbase7.5 and Interbase 2007 to interbase 2009
I have 2 database file(one in Interbase 7.5 and the other in Interbase 2007). To upgrade to interbase 2009 it' s right he follow procedure? 1 - back up of the database in Interbase 7.5 and in interbase 2007; 2- restore in the two databases in Intebase 2009. Thanks. Yep, that's right. Roberto Colpani wrote: > I have 2 database file(one in Interbase 7.5 and the other in Interbase 2007). To upgrade to interbase 2009 it' s right he follow procedure? > 1 - back up of the database in Interbase 7.5 and in interbase 2007; > 2- restore in the two databases in Intebase ...

[InterBase] How connect by InterBase?
I want to connect to InterBase(DB) with PowerBuilder 6.5 .. Is that possible? but How connect ? If you have PB Desktop, you can't. Else, all you need is an ODBC driver. Using google I quickly located one: http://www.geocities.com/ibdatabase/index.html -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "Yun Ji Nam" <yunji.nam@technopia.net> wrote in message news:qBqt0TaIBHA.252@forums.sybase.com... > I want to connec...

Optimizer problem in Interbase 7.5 and 2007
This query worked fine with IB up to 7.1, but starting with 7.5 the query plan gets very long (and grows with every value in the 'IN' list: SELECT SUM(p.AMOUNT) FROM ORDER_LINE P WHERE P.ID = 1119572 AND p.FK_PRODUCT IN (1, 14, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 23, 26, 30 ) Resulting query plan is: PLAN (P INDEX (RDB$FOREIGN13,RDB$FOREIGN112,RDB$FOREIGN112,RDB$FOREIGN112,RDB$FOREIGN112,RDB$FOREIGN112,RDB$FOREIGN112,RDB$FOREIGN112,RDB$FOREIGN112,RDB$FOREIGN112,RDB$FOREIGN112)) Should I report this in QC? Best Regards Michael Justin I am not sure that I understand the problem. T...

Interbase General Script examples different speed between Interbase and Firebird
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_3b42b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Hello this are the scripts of the captured screens --JivePart=_3b42b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="Actualizaciones.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Actualizaciones.zip" UEsDBBQAAAAIAKuopDxrVeqcLjIAAFU0AQAVAAAAQWN0dWFsaXphY2lvbjA4NjYuc3Fs7X3bkhs3 kui7Iv...

DBD::Interbase and Interbase Events
Hi all I am trying to implement Interbase synchronous events. From the little documentation that there is on the DBD::Interbase implimentation of IB events I have seen that it is very similar to Delphi. (1) Register your interest and obtain a ref to an event handle. (2) Call ib_wait_event to wait for a synchronous event fired from the database. The problem I am having is when I call $dbh->func($evh, 'ib_wait_event'); it is not waiting and continues through the script. Am I missing something important or is there problems with DBD::Interbase-0.43 and events Regar...

Interbase XE3 and Interbase XE
On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? Thank yow. Roberto Colpani wrote: > On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? > Thank yow. XE3 is the latest version, XE is the version before it. Both come in both 32 and 64 bit. -- Jeff Overcash (TeamB) (Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You) And so I ...

Interbase server name in Interbase XE
I am trying in code to get connected to Interbase XE. To do so , I used to the following in C++ Builder XE : //User creation in Interbase myIBSecurity->ServerName = "Local Server"; myIBSecurity->LoginPrompt = false; myIBSecurity->Params->Add("User_Name=JBOIVIN"); myIBSecurity->Params->Add("password=JBOIVIN"); myIBSecurity->Active = true; where myIBSecurity is an instance of TIBSecurityService. This code is giving me an error message, it cannot find the server name "Local Server". In Interba...

InterBase 7.5.1 JDBC client (InterClient) for Java 7?
Hello, we have two InterBase 7.5.1 servers which are also accessed over JDBC using the InterClient library. This version officially only supports Java versions up to Java SE 5. Is there a newer JDBC driver available for InterBase 7.5 which is compatible with the current Java Run Time Environment (JRE) 7? Problems we have found so far when InterClient is used on newer JREs are related to database metadata (tools like NetBeans or dbVizualizer do not get the metadata for tables, stored procedures etc.). Executing SQL statements seems to work. Many thanks in advance! -- ...

Interbase 7.5 crashes
Hi, From time to time this error appears. (Maybe once a week.) I have Interbase 7.5.1.80 on Windows Server 2003. SPROUTINGPART is a stored procedure. My only guess is that it is to complex. It can't have anythig to do with number of active users. It's a very small system. What can cause this problem? regards Mikael ITLDB01 (Server) Mon Jul 05 13:03:43 2010 SPROUTINGPART Access violation. The code attempted to access a virtual address without privilege to do so. This exception will cause the InterBase server to terminate abnormally. ITLDB01 (Client) M...

FireDAC and Interbases 7.5
Hello all Does anyone know if FireDac (XE4) works with InterBase 7.5? GP Guinther Pauli wrote: > Does anyone know if FireDac (XE4) works with InterBase 7.5? It is unlikely to be tested. It almost certainly will work. ...

Web resources about - Interbase 7.5 and Interbase 2007 - embarcadero.interbase.general

Multiversion concurrency control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For instance, a database will implement updates not by deleting an old piece of data and overwriting it with a new one, but instead by marking ...

Open core is not open source
Julie Bort of Networkworld.com has an interview with Mårten Mickos of Eucalyptus , formerly of MySQL. In MySQL times it seemed (to me at least) ...

Almico's Home Page
... my interests and soon. I use to program using Delphi. Anyway: several projects of mine are developedunder Linux using PHP, PostgreSQL, Interbase ...

Sun balances acquisition, innovation
Sun Microsystems tries to make clear at its two-day annual analyst conference that innovation paysyet much of the company's biggest plans today ...

Free Trials - Embarcadero Technologies

Phillipe Kahn
Phillipe Kahn

license-discuss@opensource.org: Threads for May 2005
... May 2005 [2] unsubscribe me [3] Open Software License [3] unsubscribe me please [7] Re: License Wizard [5] For thoughts: fair license [1] InterBase ...

Welcome to dbase
Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

DB-Engines Ranking - popularity ranking of database management systems
English Deutsch Knowledge Base of Relational and NoSQL Database Management Systems provided by solid IT Home - DB-Engines Ranking - Systems - ...

DBF Commander Version History
History of DBF Commander - new DBF tools, DBF editor improvements, and bug fixes