Interbase 2007 - corrupt database [Edit]

Hello,

Yesterday I had a serious problem with InterBase in a client. A station had kept an open transaction since morning. Then went by IBConsole, Performance Monitor, and dropped the connection. Subsequently, when attempting a connection system Interbase returned an error stating that a crazy table does not exist. I suspected that there was a problem, I have asked all users to shut the system, and run the option Validate in the IBConsole, which showed corruption, with the following result:

Database file appears corrupt ()
wrong page type
page 244856 is of wrong type (expected 7, found 5)

Then I tried to run gfix-mend, but the result was the same. I tried a backup, but the same could not be completed, it also gives error.
I lost my database?

Server: Dell PowerEdge - 4 Processor Intel® Xeon® Dual-Core, 8 GB RAM
           Interbase 2007 SMP
DataBase: On Disk Structure: 12.0
                 Pre-Allocated  DB Pages: 250.000
                 Page Size: 8192
                 Page Buffers: 100.000

Database header page information:
	Flags			0
	Checksum		        12345
	Write timestamp	Nov 19, 2009 9:05:29
	Page size		         8192
	ODS version		12.0
	Oldest transaction	5339453
	Oldest active		5346951
	Oldest snapshot		5346951
	Next transaction	        5346952
	Sequence number	          0
	Next attachment ID	          0
	Implementation ID	        16
	Shadow count		          0
	Page buffers	 	100000
	Next header page	         0
	Database dialect         	3
	Creation date    Sep 29, 2009 13:47:39
	Attributes

    Variable header data:
	Sweep interval:		20000
	Preallocate pages:	250000
*END*
0
Carlos
11/19/2009 11:10:51 AM
embarcadero.interbase.general 923 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Interbase 2007 and Interbase 2007 SMP
What's the difference between this two products? Roberto Colpani wrote: > What's the difference between this two products? Licensing. Originally IB required an add-on license for > 1 processor. I think the SMP version included 4 processor support. I can't seem to confirm this, though; IB 2009 SMP says it enables 8 processors out of the box. So it's either 4 or 8. Additional processor support is available for an extra charge. -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

Interbase 7.5 and Interbase 2007
I have installed Interbase 7.5 Server on Windows Server 2003 and and I have 20 user license that I use for trhe ERP of my company. Now I have purchaised Interbase 2007 with 5 user license for a new project. I would leave installed Interbase 7.5 for the 15 User and install the new Interbase 2007 with 5 license user on the same Windows Server 2003. It's possible? You can have multiple servers on one computer if you use the multi-instance feature. Roberto Colpani wrote: > I have installed Interbase 7.5 Server on Windows Server 2003 and and I have > 20 user license tha...

"unavailable database" interbase 2009 to go edition [Edit]
Hello, I am using Interbase 2009 to go edition licensed, and it works great with the IBConsole. I mean I can create new databeses, explore the tables, etc.. The problem is that when I try to do an application with C++ Builder 2010 and IBX components the connection to the database fails and I get the "unavailable batabase" error. I did the next steps: - I used TIBDatabase component in my C++ Builder application. - I renamed de ibtogo.dll to gsd32.dll and put it into the same folder of my apllication - I added the Interbase folder to the same folder of my application. ...

[InterBase] How connect by InterBase?
I want to connect to InterBase(DB) with PowerBuilder 6.5 .. Is that possible? but How connect ? If you have PB Desktop, you can't. Else, all you need is an ODBC driver. Using google I quickly located one: http://www.geocities.com/ibdatabase/index.html -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "Yun Ji Nam" <yunji.nam@technopia.net> wrote in message news:qBqt0TaIBHA.252@forums.sybase.com... > I want to connec...

Restore from Interbase 2009 to Interbase XE fails [Edit]
Hello, I have restored .ib file to Interbase XE from Interbase 2009 .gbk file. Restore was successful but IBConsole does not let me to open it with error message: "Attempt to execute an unprepared dynamic SQL statement" What could cause this? I did not execute any SQL. I just tried to open the database using IBConsole Please help Thanks Edited by: Vladimir Nelenson on Mar 7, 2012 10:25 AM Vladimir Nelenson wrote: > Hello, > I have restored .ib file to Interbase XE from Interbase 2009 .gbk file. > Restore was successful but IBConsole does not let me to open it w...

File .gdb from Interbase7.5 and Interbase 2007 to interbase 2009
I have 2 database file(one in Interbase 7.5 and the other in Interbase 2007). To upgrade to interbase 2009 it' s right he follow procedure? 1 - back up of the database in Interbase 7.5 and in interbase 2007; 2- restore in the two databases in Intebase 2009. Thanks. Yep, that's right. Roberto Colpani wrote: > I have 2 database file(one in Interbase 7.5 and the other in Interbase 2007). To upgrade to interbase 2009 it' s right he follow procedure? > 1 - back up of the database in Interbase 7.5 and in interbase 2007; > 2- restore in the two databases in Intebase ...

Working in Interbase 7.5 however not in Interbaser 2009 [Edit]
I have been using Firebird for years howerver now I'm employed in a company using Interbase. Our software is written in Delphi 7 and currently we are running with Interbase 7.5 (via DBexpress), however in order to prepare our software to run on Vista we are trying to make it run with Interbase 2009 (Desktop Edition). When we release new versions of our software for our customers it is automatically updateing the database by executing "a bunch" of SQL statements (.e.g "ALTER TABLE", "CREATE TABLE", "CREATE INDEX"). All these statements are runn...

Interbase General Script examples different speed between Interbase and Firebird
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_3b42b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Hello this are the scripts of the captured screens --JivePart=_3b42b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="Actualizaciones.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Actualizaciones.zip" UEsDBBQAAAAIAKuopDxrVeqcLjIAAFU0AQAVAAAAQWN0dWFsaXphY2lvbjA4NjYuc3Fs7X3bkhs3 kui7Iv...

Bug with Interbase 2007 Developer? [Edit]
Hi, I'm receiving wrong results from my locally installed IB2007 Developer installation. Short description: 2 Tables named more_items and less_items, both only one column, more_id and less_id. The table more_items has 12 lines: 1 2 3 6 7 8 11 12 13 16 17 18 The table less_items has 6 lines: 1 2 3 11 12 13 Query: select * from more_items left join less_items on more_items.more_id=less_items.less_id This Query works fine. I get 12 lines as result and less_id is null in the lines with the more_id-values 6, 7, 8, 16, 17, 18. Now I add "where less_it...

How do onlinedump of interbase 2007 database using IBX?
Hello! How do the physical backup incremental (onlinedump) of InterBase 2007 database using Delphi 2007 with IBX? At the prompt I use GBAK as follows: gbak -d -user sysdba -pass masterkey banco.ib banco_dump.ib But I want to do this in a backup utility developed in Delphi 2007. I tried to use the TIBDataBase.OnlineDump: IBDatabase.DatabaseName := 'LOCALHOST:C:\BANCO\BANCO.IB'; IBDatabase.LoginPrompt := False; IBDatabase.Params.Clear; IBDatabase.Params.Add('user_name=SYSDBA'); IBDatabase.Params.Add('password=masterkey'); IBDatabase.Params...

How do onlinedump of interbase 2007 database using IBX? #2
Hello! How do the physical backup incremental (onlinedump) of InterBase 2007 database using Delphi 2007 with IBX? At the prompt I use GBAK as follows: gbak -d -user sysdba -pass masterkey banco.ib banco_dump.ib But I want to do this in a backup utility developed in Delphi 2007. I tried to use the TIBDataBase.OnlineDump: IBDatabase.DatabaseName := 'LOCALHOST:C:\BANCO\BANCO.IB'; IBDatabase.LoginPrompt := False; IBDatabase.Params.Clear; IBDatabase.Params.Add('user_name=SYSDBA'); IBDatabase.Params.Add('password=masterkey'); IBDatabase.Params...

Interbase XE3 and Interbase XE
On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? Thank yow. Roberto Colpani wrote: > On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? > Thank yow. XE3 is the latest version, XE is the version before it. Both come in both 32 and 64 bit. -- Jeff Overcash (TeamB) (Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You) And so I ...

DBD::Interbase and Interbase Events
Hi all I am trying to implement Interbase synchronous events. From the little documentation that there is on the DBD::Interbase implimentation of IB events I have seen that it is very similar to Delphi. (1) Register your interest and obtain a ref to an event handle. (2) Call ib_wait_event to wait for a synchronous event fired from the database. The problem I am having is when I call $dbh->func($evh, 'ib_wait_event'); it is not waiting and continues through the script. Am I missing something important or is there problems with DBD::Interbase-0.43 and events Regar...

Interbase Database in FireDAC Query Editor does not match IBConsole [Edit]
Hello: I created a simple test database with a table having 7 rows and was testing it in Delphi XE5 using FireDAC. I wanted to insert a row between the first and second row and ran the below statements in my VCL forms project. FDQuery1.First; FDQuery1.InsertRecord([1, 'File10', 'Dir10', 10, 'TEST12']); The row inserted in the second position and using FireDAC Query the table looked fine in my project. But when I went to the XE7 IBConsole (Click on table and choose Data tab.) the row I inserted appears at the end of the table. The database validates OK. I t...

Interbase Database in FireDAC Query Editor does not match IBConsole [Edit] #2
Hello: I created a simple test database with a table having 7 rows and was testing it in Delphi XE5 using FireDAC. I wanted to insert a row between the first and second row and ran the below statements in my VCL forms project. FDQuery1.First; FDQuery1.InsertRecord([1, 'File10', 'Dir10', 10, 'TEST12']); The row inserted in the second position and using FireDAC Query the table looked fine in my project. But when I went to the XE7 IBConsole (Click on table and choose Data tab.) the row I inserted appears at the end of the table. The database validates OK. I t...

Web resources about - Interbase 2007 - corrupt database [Edit] - embarcadero.interbase.general

Multiversion concurrency control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For instance, a database will implement updates not by deleting an old piece of data and overwriting it with a new one, but instead by marking ...

Open core is not open source
Julie Bort of Networkworld.com has an interview with Mårten Mickos of Eucalyptus , formerly of MySQL. In MySQL times it seemed (to me at least) ...

Almico's Home Page
... my interests and soon. I use to program using Delphi. Anyway: several projects of mine are developedunder Linux using PHP, PostgreSQL, Interbase ...

Sun balances acquisition, innovation
Sun Microsystems tries to make clear at its two-day annual analyst conference that innovation paysyet much of the company's biggest plans today ...

Free Trials - Embarcadero Technologies

Phillipe Kahn
Phillipe Kahn

license-discuss@opensource.org: Threads for May 2005
... May 2005 [2] unsubscribe me [3] Open Software License [3] unsubscribe me please [7] Re: License Wizard [5] For thoughts: fair license [1] InterBase ...

Welcome to dbase
Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

DB-Engines Ranking - popularity ranking of database management systems
English Deutsch Knowledge Base of Relational and NoSQL Database Management Systems provided by solid IT Home - DB-Engines Ranking - Systems - ...

DBF Commander Version History
History of DBF Commander - new DBF tools, DBF editor improvements, and bug fixes