Interbase 2007 and Interbase 2007 SMP

What's the difference between this two products?
0
Roberto
10/14/2009 9:19:42 AM
embarcadero.interbase.general 923 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Roberto Colpani wrote:

> What's the difference between this two products?

	Licensing. Originally IB required an add-on license for > 1 processor.
I think the SMP version included 4 processor support. I can't seem to
confirm this, though; IB 2009 SMP says it enables 8 processors out of
the box. So it's either 4 or 8.

	Additional processor support is available for an extra charge.

--
Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/

Craig Stuntz wrote:
> Roberto Colpani wrote:
>
>> What's the difference between this two products?
>
> 	Licensing. Originally IB required an add-on license for > 1 processor.
> I think the SMP version included 4 processor support. I can't seem to
> confirm this, though; IB 2009 SMP says it enables 8 processors out of
> the box. So it's either 4 or 8.
>
> 	Additional processor support is available for an extra charge.

0
quinn

Interbase 7.5 and Interbase 2007
I have installed Interbase 7.5 Server on Windows Server 2003 and and I have 20 user license that I use for trhe ERP of my company. Now I have purchaised Interbase 2007 with 5 user license for a new project. I would leave installed Interbase 7.5 for the 15 User and install the new Interbase 2007 with 5 license user on the same Windows Server 2003. It's possible? You can have multiple servers on one computer if you use the multi-instance feature. Roberto Colpani wrote: > I have installed Interbase 7.5 Server on Windows Server 2003 and and I have > 20 user license tha...

File .gdb from Interbase7.5 and Interbase 2007 to interbase 2009
I have 2 database file(one in Interbase 7.5 and the other in Interbase 2007). To upgrade to interbase 2009 it' s right he follow procedure? 1 - back up of the database in Interbase 7.5 and in interbase 2007; 2- restore in the two databases in Intebase 2009. Thanks. Yep, that's right. Roberto Colpani wrote: > I have 2 database file(one in Interbase 7.5 and the other in Interbase 2007). To upgrade to interbase 2009 it' s right he follow procedure? > 1 - back up of the database in Interbase 7.5 and in interbase 2007; > 2- restore in the two databases in Intebase ...

[InterBase] How connect by InterBase?
I want to connect to InterBase(DB) with PowerBuilder 6.5 .. Is that possible? but How connect ? If you have PB Desktop, you can't. Else, all you need is an ODBC driver. Using google I quickly located one: http://www.geocities.com/ibdatabase/index.html -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "Yun Ji Nam" <yunji.nam@technopia.net> wrote in message news:qBqt0TaIBHA.252@forums.sybase.com... > I want to connec...

Interbase XE3 and Interbase XE
On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? Thank yow. Roberto Colpani wrote: > On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? > Thank yow. XE3 is the latest version, XE is the version before it. Both come in both 32 and 64 bit. -- Jeff Overcash (TeamB) (Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You) And so I ...

DBD::Interbase and Interbase Events
Hi all I am trying to implement Interbase synchronous events. From the little documentation that there is on the DBD::Interbase implimentation of IB events I have seen that it is very similar to Delphi. (1) Register your interest and obtain a ref to an event handle. (2) Call ib_wait_event to wait for a synchronous event fired from the database. The problem I am having is when I call $dbh->func($evh, 'ib_wait_event'); it is not waiting and continues through the script. Am I missing something important or is there problems with DBD::Interbase-0.43 and events Regar...

Interbase 2007 SMP
I'm having a problem with the smp interbase 2007, running on Windows Server 2008. Whenever a client is restarted with an open transaction, the transaction remains open on the server. For example if the user has included a record in the table SUPPLIERS with the field ID_SUPPLIER = 153 (primary key) , and his computer was reseted (Due to a crash, for example) before of commit the transaction, then it is not possible to include another record in the table SUPPLIERS with the ID_SUPPLIER = 153, generating a ke y violation error. However the record with the ID_SUPPLIER = 153 does not appear in ...

Interbase General Script examples different speed between Interbase and Firebird
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_3b42b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Hello this are the scripts of the captured screens --JivePart=_3b42b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="Actualizaciones.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Actualizaciones.zip" UEsDBBQAAAAIAKuopDxrVeqcLjIAAFU0AQAVAAAAQWN0dWFsaXphY2lvbjA4NjYuc3Fs7X3bkhs3 kui7Iv...

Interbase 2007 SP3
I installed on Vista but I am not able to open existing DB, while on XP it works fine. I uninstalled it and reinstalled previous version of IB2007 and all came to work well. Any suggestion about Vista ? Thanks Adalberto Baldini Adalberto Baldini wrote: > Any suggestion about Vista ? What happens when you try? -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ Or, to state Craig's message in a different way, What error are you getting? Adalberto Baldini wrote: > I installed on V...

Interbase 2007 DOC
With Interbase 7.5 I have found somewhere the help on the pdf format. Where Can I found these documents for Interbase 2007? Thank you. Roberto Colpani wrote: > Where > Can I found these documents for Interbase 2007? Thank you. On the InterBase CD. -- Bill Todd (TeamB) Bills answer is the best here. However, they are also available here: http://docs.codegear.com/ Bill Todd wrote: > Roberto Colpani wrote: > >> Where >> Can I found these documents for Interbase 2007? Thank you. > > On the InterBase CD. > Thanks. ...

Does Interbase 2007 SMP work on Windows 2008 64 bit? [Edit]
Does Interbase 2007 SMP work on Windows 2008 64 bit? Thank you, Massimiliano Trezzi Edited by: Massimiliano Ambrogio Trezzi on Jul 7, 2010 4:51 AM Massimiliano Ambrogio Trezzi wrote: > Does Interbase 2007 SMP work on Windows 2008 64 bit? Yes. Can't remember if it's supported there, though. Check the site. -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ Massimiliano Ambrogio Trezzi wrote: > Does Interbase 2007 SMP work on Windows 2008 64 bit? > > Thank you, > Massimil...

Interbase server name in Interbase XE
I am trying in code to get connected to Interbase XE. To do so , I used to the following in C++ Builder XE : //User creation in Interbase myIBSecurity->ServerName = "Local Server"; myIBSecurity->LoginPrompt = false; myIBSecurity->Params->Add("User_Name=JBOIVIN"); myIBSecurity->Params->Add("password=JBOIVIN"); myIBSecurity->Active = true; where myIBSecurity is an instance of TIBSecurityService. This code is giving me an error message, it cannot find the server name "Local Server". In Interba...

Interbase 2007 SP3 #2
Some year ago I bought Interbase 2007 (when it was still with no service packs). I have the license codes for this version. I want to buy Interbase for another client, but not sure whether this will have service packs pre-installed. Can I use my original CD to install interbase, and then use the new license keys Borland sends to the client? In other words, are license keys backward compatible? My problem is that I do not want to use Interbase SP2 and SP3, since it has caused be problems with joins (no current record for fetch operation) on different queries within my application...

Re: Interbase 2007 problem
joseph pellicano wrote: > Where can I contact technical department and how much is > the fee? http://support.embarcadero.com I do not know what the current fee for a support incident is but you will be told when you try to open a support case on line. -- Bill Todd (TeamB) ...

Remote connection to Interbase 2007
Hi I am having a problem connecting to a Interbase 2007 Edition Dual Core v8.0.0.38, with 1 user license. Interbase has been successfully installed on: Microsoft Windows Sever 2003 for Small Business - Service Pack 2 on Intel Xeon CPU X3220@2.4 GHz with 4gb of RAM one partitioned Hard drive: C: - 97.6 gb with 86.1 gb free (Interbase is installed on this drive) G: - 367gb with 350gb free (this is the drive the database is located on) Client computer Microsoft Windows Vista Business service pack 1 on AMD Athlon 64 x 2 dual core 4200+ 2.21ghz with 2gb of RAM hard drive -...

Web resources about - Interbase 2007 and Interbase 2007 SMP - embarcadero.interbase.general

Multiversion concurrency control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For instance, a database will implement updates not by deleting an old piece of data and overwriting it with a new one, but instead by marking ...

Open core is not open source
Julie Bort of Networkworld.com has an interview with Mårten Mickos of Eucalyptus , formerly of MySQL. In MySQL times it seemed (to me at least) ...

Almico's Home Page
... my interests and soon. I use to program using Delphi. Anyway: several projects of mine are developedunder Linux using PHP, PostgreSQL, Interbase ...

Sun balances acquisition, innovation
Sun Microsystems tries to make clear at its two-day annual analyst conference that innovation paysyet much of the company's biggest plans today ...

Free Trials - Embarcadero Technologies

Phillipe Kahn
Phillipe Kahn

license-discuss@opensource.org: Threads for May 2005
... May 2005 [2] unsubscribe me [3] Open Software License [3] unsubscribe me please [7] Re: License Wizard [5] For thoughts: fair license [1] InterBase ...

Welcome to dbase
Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

DB-Engines Ranking - popularity ranking of database management systems
English Deutsch Knowledge Base of Relational and NoSQL Database Management Systems provided by solid IT Home - DB-Engines Ranking - Systems - ...

DBF Commander Version History
History of DBF Commander - new DBF tools, DBF editor improvements, and bug fixes