C# vs Delphi Prism, what are the differences?

Frankly, there are some features that must be implemented by Delphi Prism, such as:

- C# Collection initializers

- C# "volatile" fields
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa645755(VS.71).aspx

Additionally, VS "Class View" and Object Browser windows aren't working with Oxygene now:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sy6s2t6h(VS.80).aspx

Will be these features in Delphi Prism RTM or in the near future?

Janos Janka
http://jankajanos.spaces.live.com
0
Utf
11/26/2008 6:39:20 PM
embarcadero.delphiprism 374 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Any difference between Delphi Prism 2011 and Delphi Prism XE?
Looking at the features in Delphi Prism XE, they look the same as the new items in the 2011 release back in may. I there anything new in the XE release? or did they simply change the product branding? Just wondering if I need to update it or now when i download the rest. Thanks, Hi Dan, > Looking at the features in Delphi Prism XE, they look the same as the new items in the 2011 release back in may. I there anything new in the XE release? or did they simply change the product branding? Just wondering if I need to update it or now when i download the rest. See http://w...

Difference between now C# is compiled vs. VB.net in VS?
Can anyone tell me the difference between now C# is compiled vs. VB.net in VS? I was given a question of this mature in recent interview and could not answer it, nor could I find anything on the net. The question was more complex than that, I just can't remember in detail. It also contained something regarding "Runtime Module". From what I know, the compiler converts the either code into a "intermediate" language that is then able to communicate with the underlying OS, right? Thanks, EJMSoftware engineering is a team sport. Read the following articles: http...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 > Thanks for the info, Mike. One thing I'm missing in the slides is the effort to bring the compiler into the C++ Standard compliance (lamda/closures, auto/decltype, etc.) I hope it's just an omission! :) Il Tue, 11 May 2010 09:01:04 -0700, Alex Bakaev <a@b.cc> ha scritto: >Than...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike "Michael Rozlog" <michael.rozlog@embarcadero.com> wrote in message news:241286@forums.embarcadero.com... > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. We have to wait all the way until Commodore to get better documentation? And until Chromium to get OTA documentation? -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) On 10.05.2010 23:50, Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://e...

C# to Delphi Prism
Hi dudes, 1) Is there a tool (program, ebook, etc) for converting C# to Delphi Prism? 2) How is translated this code: static class ConnectionStrings { private static string GetConnectionString(string connectionStringName) { return ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings[connectionStringName].ConnectionString; } public static string DinnerNowDatabase { get { return GetConnectionString("DinnerNow"); } } } Shinji Ikari wrote: > 1) Is there a tool (program, ebook, etc) for converting C# to Delphi > Prism? ...

Differences between 'Borland' Delphi and C/C++ Random number generators
Hi, The Wikipedia article on random number generators: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_congruential_generator indicates that Borland Delphi and Borland C/C++ random generators use different sets of linear function coefficients. Why is that? Shouldn't they be consistent? TIA, EM Enquiring, | http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_congruential_generator | | indicates that Borland Delphi and Borland C/C++ random generators use | different sets of linear function coefficients. Why is that? | Shouldn't they be consistent? My guess would be because they were do...

Delphi vs Prism
Can I reuse existing Delphi code in Prism? Or is it just very similar, with enough syntax changes that make it unusable? Thanks, Brad. -- To people who think about their lives, almost everything that happens, or that they read, provides a way of learning. To those who don't examine their lives, all the experience of the ages is worthless. Brad White wrote: > Can I reuse existing Delphi code in Prism? > Or is it just very similar, with enough syntax changes that make it > unusable? http://prismwiki.codegear.com/en/Win32_Delphi_vs._Delphi_Prism -- Crai...

C# to Delphi Prism (2)
I'm trying to translate this but I get errors, one of them is over NAMESPACE: C#: [DataContract(Namespace = "http://dinnernow/types")] static class ConnectionStrings Delphi Prism: - Sol01: [DataContract([Namespace] := "http://dinnernow/types")] ConnectionStrings = static class - Sol02 [DataContract(Namespace := "http://dinnernow/types")] ConnectionStrings = static class But if I set: - Sol03: This does not show any error compiling, but NAMESPACE is missed [DataContract] ConnectionStrings = static class D...

C#.NET in VS.NET vs. C# in Web Matrix
Hi all, I am very new to .NET ... I realized C#.NET is only available from Visual Studio.NET ... however, I realized Web Matrix also allowed us to choose C# as language but not C#.NET ... they are not the same, right? If not, then why it's in Web Matrix which runs ASP.NET?? If I need to run C#.Net, I MUST GET VS.NET, right? Can C#.NET has the abality to create chat program? Thank you very much. C#.NET and C# are the same thing. JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets So ... that means I can use web matrix t...

C# to Delphi Prism (3)
public IEnumerable<FindRestaurantResult> FindRestaurants(string postalCode, Guid restaurantCategory, Guid menuType, int deadline) { List<FindRestaurantResult> retList = new List<FindRestaurantResult>(); ReadOnlyCollection<Restaurant> restaurants = this.restaurantGateway.FindRestaurants(postalCode, restaurantCategory, menuType, deadline); List<Restaurant> restaurantList = new List<Restaurant>(restaurants); restaurantList.ForEach(delegate(Restaurant r) { retList.Add(new FindRestaurantResult(r.Name, r.RestaurantId, ...

C<< >> vs C<< >> vs C<< x >>
Ugh. So we all know that there's this syntax for formatting codes (n=E9s "interio= r sequences") like C<< x >>. And that tokenizes as three tokens: "C<< ", open-C code "x", content " >>" close-code matching the C open-code And this is explicated by what I wrote in perlpodspec where I say that such a code... * starts with a capital letter (just US-ASCII [A-Z]) followed by two or more "<"'s, one or more whitespace characters, * any number of characters * one or more whit...

more language differences between Win32 and Delphi Prism...
I think i found a couple more difference between Win32 and Delphi Prism while playing around with porting some code. Please let me know if i am correct. Also, you might want to add them to the wiki if I am correct. 1. Defining constant arrays uses square brackets: Win32 const sampleStringArray:array[0..2] of string = ('item1', 'item2', 'item3'); Delphi Prism const sampleStringArray: array[0..2] of string = ['item1', 'item2', 'item3']; 2. No more labels and goto statements. (Yes, I found a goto in some legacy code. Who would-...

What is the difference between Dispose vs Finalize in C#
Hi, I want to ask that What is the difference between  Dispose vs Finalize in C# I have read various articles saying difference as one clear unmanaged resurces and one both. but it is not clear . Plz Help Me. Thanks.RAGHAV MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U. "Success doesn't come to you…you go to it."--Marva Collins "Success does not come to those who wait . . . and it does not wait for anyone to come to it." Anonymous Hello,This could be helpfulhttp://www.devnewsgroups.net/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework/topic1...

Visual C# vs. C#
Recently I used this forum to help me decide if I should learn C# or VB in relation to a language for transistioning to asp.net from classic .asp. The consensus was C#. I WROX book on C# called C# 2008. Today I noticed on the back cover they have a hierarchy of book titles in what appears to be in a recommonded reading order, they are:   Visual C# 2008 C# 2008 Visual Studio 2008  (alongside) Visual Sudio Extensibility  Naturally I was left wondering what is the difference between Visual C# and C#. As a web designer should learn one before the other? Thanks. C# is a lang...

Web resources about - C# vs Delphi Prism, what are the differences? - embarcadero.delphiprism

World powers adopt UN Syria resolution to end civil war, but differences on Assad's future as leader ...
The UN Security Council unanimously adopts a resolution endorsing a peace process to end the Syrian war.

Debate showed differences between parties
Much of the commentary and analysis from Saturday night’s Democratic debate in New Hampshire will undoubtedly focus on the questions of national ...

Reruns on cable are not the same as the originals — check out these differences
Cable channels speed up and modify the reruns they air. The increased speed can result in two more minutes of advertising per show. Produced ...

Sanders Is ‘Working Out Differences’ With DNC, Hillary In Order To ‘Defeat Right-Wing Extremism’
Sanders Is ‘Working Out Differences’ With DNC, Hillary In Order To ‘Defeat Right-Wing Extremism’

Can you spot the differences between fact-checking a GOP debate and whack-a-mole?
It shouldn’t come as any big surprise that Tuesday night’s Republican presidential debate was a bonanza for fact-checkers. Here are a few of ...

The Difference Between Customer Service and Customer Experience
VideoIn this week's edition of Blake's Take we address the difference between customer service and customer experience. In this video I discuss ...

The 11 Biggest Differences Between the Book and Movie Versions of The Force Awakens
Many movie novelizations are surprisingly different than the actual movies. The original Star Wars had a book version that was weirdly different ...