TIdTraceRoute indy delphi xe2 [Edit]

i need trace the route of an ip, actually i am using the TIdTraceRoute indy component from the idTraceRoute unit. (delphi xe2)

   IdTraceRoute1:= TIdTraceRoute.Create(Self);
   IdTraceRoute1.ResolveHostNames:= True;
   IdTraceRoute1.ReceiveTimeout:= 5000;
   IdTraceRoute1.OnReply:= TraceRoute;

    IdTraceRoute1.Host:= 'www.google.com';//OR 172.16.0.13  (INTRANET IP)
    IdTraceRoute1.Trace;

procedure TForm1.TraceRoute(ASender: TComponent;
  const AReplyStatus: TReplyStatus);
begin
   Memo1.Lines.Add(AReplyStatus.FromIpAddress);
end;
but always return.

0.0.0.0
0.0.0.0
0.0.0.0
172.16.0.13

But in win cmd type command:
tracert 172.16.0.13

the result is

1 * **  Request timed out
2 <1ms <1ms <1ms 172.16.253.209
3 <1ms <1ms <1ms 172.16.250.1
4 <1ms <1ms <1ms 172.16.0.13
exist another way of trace an ip maybe using windows api or using another indy component?

actually i am using delphi-xe and Windows 7.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by: da lada on May 2, 2012 10:42 PM

Edited by: da lada on May 3, 2012 7:26 PM

Edited by: da lada on May 3, 2012 7:29 PM
0
da

da wrote:

> i need trace the route of an ip, actually i am using the TIdTraceRoute
> indy component from the idTraceRoute unit. (delphi xe2)
<snip>
> but always return.
>
> 0.0.0.0

That means either the ICMP responses themselves reported no IPs, the responses
could not be parsed by TIdTraceRoute, or TIdTraceRoute received ICMP packets
it was not expecting (such as from another thread/process).

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

> da wrote:
>
> > i need trace the route of an ip, actually i am using the TIdTraceRoute
> > indy component from the idTraceRoute unit. (delphi xe2)
> <snip>
> > but always return.
> >
> > 0.0.0.0
>
> That means either the ICMP responses themselves reported no IPs, the responses
> could not be parsed by TIdTraceRoute, or TIdTraceRoute received ICMP packets
> it was not expecting (such as from another thread/process).
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
da

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2 [Edit]
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewri...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi XE2 - Indy 10
Dear folks As result of security issues one of the email services in NZ has changed the settings of their email server. It used to be port 25 and outgoing mail was SMTP.xtra.co.nz. The port is now 465 and outgoing mail is now send.xtra.co.nz. The client configuration requires authentication and a secure connection (SSL). The result is that my code to connect for everyone using that provider is now "busted". I have changed the port and outgoing host accordingly. And have set the IOHandler of idSMTP as IdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL1. With the Authtype as satSASL. I have als...

Delphi XE2, Indy 10
Dear folks The following code is supposed to send a text string to a client that is listening on a set port and ip address. The connection works fine. The problem is that nothing seems to be sent. {code} function TFCSelectForm.SendNitroMessage(NitroRequest: String): String; var sStrm: TMemoryStream; begin try sStrm := TMemoryStream.Create; try sStrm.WriteBuffer(Pointer(NitroRequest)^,Length(NitroRequest)); // sStrm shows as () in the debugger IdTCPClient1.IOHandler.Write(sStrm, 0, False); sStrm.Position := 0; finally ...

New to Delphi
Hi I am new to Delphi & want to know good resources for learning to use it. Is there a list of good Delphi learning resources (books/online tutorials) somewhere? What recommendations can anyone make for someone new to Delphi (& only a hobby programmer at the moment)? A couple of weeks ago I started with DelphiXE4 trial & have Googled for a few Delphi resources but I haven't found anything very good yet for me as a beginner. I'm just struggling along trying to learn as I go! (I'm presently struggling with DragandDrop...see [http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17232...

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

Is GNU Gettext for Delphi compatible with Delphi XE2 ?
The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi 5-2009. Thanks in advance lior ilan wrote: > The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi > 5-2009. > Thanks in advance It is, if you look in the forums mentioned in that website http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/ http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/message/3639 Regards Olivier ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi vs Winform
This might be a little techie, but I think most people here are familiar with Delphi to understand the difference between a TWinControl and TGraphicControl. I was trying to create a C# Winform project based on a Delphi prototype and ran into this problem which I posted to some Winform forums ... This led me to an *obvious* deficiency in Winforms programming. I'd like to hear your thoughts. My question to the Winforms forums describing the problem is copied below: <snip> Hi, I mostly do Delphi development but would like to start my next small work project in Visual S...

Hello, we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products: UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use ...

Web resources about - TIdTraceRoute indy delphi xe2 [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.winsock