TidSmtp.UseTls

I have been unable to find an explanation of what the different values
for TIdSmtp.UseTls mean.  Some are self explanatory like utNoTLSSupport
and utUseRequireTls. But what is the difference between utUseExplicitTLS
and utUseImplicitTLS.
0
Stephen

"Stephen Boyd" <steve.boyd@amtelecom.net> wrote in message

> what is the difference between utUseExplicitTLS and utUseImplicitTLS.

utUseExplicitTLS means the component establishes an unsecure connection to
the server and then issues an explicit command, such as STARTTLS, when it
needs to activate TLS over the existing connection (if the server supports
it) before performing a secure operation.

utUseImplicitTLS means the component establishs an secure connection to the
server right away, based on the port being connected to, without issuing any
commands for it.

Gambit
0
Remy
9/2/2008 8:37:54 PM
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
> "Stephen Boyd" <steve.boyd@amtelecom.net> wrote in message
>
>> what is the difference between utUseExplicitTLS and utUseImplicitTLS.
>
> utUseExplicitTLS means the component establishes an unsecure connection to
> the server and then issues an explicit command, such as STARTTLS, when it
> needs to activate TLS over the existing connection (if the server supports
> it) before performing a secure operation.

So this is 'use TLS if available'

> utUseImplicitTLS means the component establishs an secure connection to the
> server right away, based on the port being connected to, without issuing any
> commands for it.

and this is 'always use TLS'

> Gambit
0
Stephen
9/2/2008 8:51:38 PM

>> utUseExplicitTLS
> So this is 'use TLS if available'
<snip>
>> utUseImplicitTLS
> and this is 'always use TLS'

Essentially, yes.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

delphi.internet.winsock: text and base64
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_18c8b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" See message in delphi.internet.winsock group. --JivePart=_18c8b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="buffer1.JPG" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="buffer1.JPG" /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQEAYABgAAD/2wBDAAgGBgcGBQgHBwcJCQgKDBQNDAsLDBkSEw8UHRofHh0a HBwgJC4nICIsIxwcKDcpLDAxNDQ0Hyc5PTgyPC4zN...

delphi.internet.winsock
I was having some issues with XanaNews so I went to the Emb web version and was getting... delphi.internet.winsock - group not available. The server is throwing HTTP Status 500. Anyone else having trouble with newsgroups. Many other groups seem ok. -- Ray El 02/02/2014 8:05, Raymond Alexander escribió: > I was having some issues with XanaNews so I went to the Emb web version > and was getting... > > delphi.internet.winsock - group not available. > > The server is throwing HTTP Status 500. > > Anyone else having trouble with newsgroups. ...

Delphi 2009
I've done some searching on the web, and i can't seem to find any answer to the problem i have. The client is made in c++ using winsock send & recieve. The server is done with Indy IdTCPServer component. When the winsock client connects, IdTCPServer get knowledge of it. However, when the winsock client sends a chararray with the function send(), nothing gets parsed in IdTCPServer.Execute. I know the client works, since i built a winsock testserver for the occation. However when using Acontext.Connection.IOHandler.ReadLn it does not. Is it known that Indy vs winsock base do...

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Web resources about - TidSmtp.UseTls - embarcadero.delphi.winsock