Installing IndyTiburon in Delphi 2009 Pro [Edit]

I installed D2009 Pro on a new laptop. I wanted to update Indy and based on the comments in this forum, it looked like I should pull the IndyTiburon zip from http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/.

Now that I have the files, I am looking for the steps required to compile the code for D2009. Has anyone seen a doc for this?

Edited by: Ivor Flannery on Sep 18, 2009 8:40 PM
0
Ivor

Ivor,

I found this instruction (should work with Delphi2009 as well):

All packages are followed by X0 (Where X is your Delphi verison).
Example: For Delphi 6, the IndySystem package would be named:
IndySystem60.dpk

(Please note that SuperCore has not been finished and is not currently
usable).

1) Download source from the Development Snapshot.

Delphi / BCB Installation

2) Open and compile .dpk files in the following order:

          1. IndySystemX0.dpk (in Lib\System)
          2. IndyCoreX0.dpk (in Lib\Core)
          3. IndyProtocolsX0.dpk (in Lib\Protocols)

3) Now open these .dpk files and click install in the following order:

          1. dclIndyCoreX0.dpk (in Lib\Core)
          2. dclIndyProtocolsX0.dpk (in Lib\Protocols)

4) In your Indy directory you should now see some compiled .dcu files.
Open your Delphi IDE and goto the menu Tools>Environment options> Select
Library tab. Now add the path to your .dcu files into the filepath
collection. Click Ok.

Uli
0
John

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009 [Edit]
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js Edited by: john smith on Apr 30, 2009 6:58 AM <john smith> wrote in mess...

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

Delphi 2010 produces much larger binaries than Delphi 2009 [Edit]
When I compile my project with Delphi 2010 the resulting executable is about 30% larger than the one compiled with Delphi 2009. Both binaries are compiled with the same source code and project options. The size of individual DCU files increases by 5-20%. Has anybody experienced similar results? Has anybody an idea what could cause this? It surprises me, as the changes in syntax and VCL have not been that big. Best regards, Joachim Edited by: Joachim Marder on Sep 25, 2009 6:07 AM "Joachim Marder" wrote in message news:166152@forums.codegear.com... > When I compi...

(Delphi 2009) DbxOracle pack not installing, why? [Edit]
Hi. I just installed Delphi 2009 here where I work. When i try to compile any project, delphi raise the exception on console saying: *[DCC Fatal Error] MyProject.dpr(812): F1026 File not found: 'DbxOracle.dcu'* Comparing another machine here, I see missing files: [those are missing in Lib Folder] - DbxOracle.dcu - DBXOracleDriver.dcp - DBXOracleDriver.lib - DBXOracleMetaData.dcu - DBXOracleMetaDataReader.dcu - DBXOracleMetaDataWriter.dcu - DBXOracleReadOnlyMetaData.dcu Is there something wrong with *dbpack_setup.exe* in the *Delphi_C++Builder2009_ISO_June2009.iso* ? ...

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi XE2 pro freezes
I have re-installed three times now. Applied update 2 each time as well as the Help update 2. Each time Delphi works somewhat but has problems with freezing while I am editing in the IDE. Twice now all I did was to start the IDE and click on the file menu and the IDE locked-up. Then I got the 'not responding' message. I waited a while but control never came back. Other times I have been able to load a project and edit it for a while - but it would lockup and I would have to kill it with the Task Manager. I would, of course, loose any changed files back to the last time I did a save....

What is "Support & Maintenance for Delphi 2009 Pro"? [Edit]
At my work in a university, I'm already using RAD Studio 2009 (educational version), and I'm very happy with it. I also use Delphi for commercial projects outside the university, so I'm considering upgrading my D2005 Pro to D2009. When I go to the Codegear shop, this is what's on offer: Delphi 2009 Pro Upgrade ESD Can$374.00 Support & Maintenance for Delphi 2009 Pro Can$270.00 So my question is: what is the second item? What do I get for it, and what do I not get if I don't purchase it? For instance, if I don't buy it, are the upd...

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Web resources about - Installing IndyTiburon in Delphi 2009 Pro [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.winsock