Installing Indy 10 in XE2

I am trying to upgrade Indy10 in Delphi XE2.I tried to in INSTALL Indy10_5141.ZIP BY USING THE FULLDXE2.bat but after I did this I can Not Find A FULLDXE2.bat my current guess is that I used the FULLCXE2.bat. So I have tried to run the compile method but I get to 4 dclIndyCore160.dpk. but I am getting a compile error of [DCC Fatal Error] IdDsnPropEdBindingVCL.pas(80): F1026 File not found: 'IdIDN.dcu' I do fine this file in /lib/System folder. How do I fix the I am guessing 160 is XE2
Thanks
Donald S. Bossen
0
Donald

Donald wrote:

> I can Not Find A FULLDXE2.bat

There isn't any.  Indy does not have any BAT files Delphi 2010 and later.
 Personally, I just open Indy's packages directly in the IDE and compile/install
from there instead.

> my current guess is that I used the FULLCXE2.bat.

That file is for C++Builder, not for Delphi (hense the 'C' in the filename).

> So I have tried to run the compile method but I get to 4
> dclIndyCore160.dpk. but I am getting a compile error of
> [DCC Fatal Error] IdDsnPropEdBindingVCL.pas(80): F1026
> File not found: 'IdIDN.dcu'
> I do fine this file in /lib/System folder.

Did you compile the IndySystem160 package first?  Do you have your IDE search
paths configured to include Indy's System folder, or at least the folder
where Compile actually put its output files?

> I am guessing 160 is XE2

Yes.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> Donald wrote:
>
> > I can Not Find A FULLDXE2.bat
>
> There isn't any.  Indy does not have any BAT files Delphi 2010 and later.
>  Personally, I just open Indy's packages directly in the IDE and compile/install
> from there instead.
>
> > my current guess is that I used the FULLCXE2.bat.
>
> That file is for C++Builder, not for Delphi (hense the 'C' in the filename).
>
> > So I have tried to run the compile method but I get to 4
> > dclIndyCore160.dpk. but I am getting a compile error of
> > [DCC Fatal Error] IdDsnPropEdBindingVCL.pas(80): F1026
> > File not found: 'IdIDN.dcu'
> > I do fine this file in /lib/System folder.
>
> Did you compile the IndySystem160 package first?  Do you have your IDE search
> paths configured to include Indy's System folder, or at least the folder
> where Compile actually put its output files?
>
> > I am guessing 160 is XE2
>
> Yes.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Thank you for your reply.
> Did you compile the IndySystem160 package first?  Do you have your IDE search
Yes
> paths configured to include Indy's System folder, or at least the folder
No but did Copied them to the C:\Program File\Embrocodreo\RadStudio....\9.0\Bin
Then Instaled per Instructions.
I now have the Link error  you warred about I Try to open the  "IPIndyImpl.dpk" and compile  but I am getting the Error
[DCC Fatal Error] IPIndyImpl.dpk(33): E2202 Required package 'IndyCore' not found
What an I doing wrong
Donald S. Bossen
0
Donald
6/12/2014 8:42:46 PM
Donald wrote:

> I now have the Link error  you warred about I Try to open the
> "IPIndyImpl.dpk" and compile  but I am getting the Error
>
> [DCC Fatal Error] IPIndyImpl.dpk(33): E2202 Required package
> 'IndyCore' not found
>
> What an I doing wrong

Nothing.  If you open IPIndyImpl.dpk and look at its code, it specifies 'IndyCore',
'IndyProtocols' and 'IndySystem' packages (in that order) in its 'requires'
clause.  However, when compiling Indy manually, it produces IndyCore160.dcp,
IndyProtocols160.dcp, and IndySystem160.dcp files, but the compiler is looking
for IndyCore.dcp, IndyProtocols.dcp, and IndySystem.dcp instead, hense the
"not found" error.  The reason they do not match is because Indy does not
yet use the {$LIBSUFFIX} compiler directive, which affects how the compiler
names the DCP files it creates.  So, to get around the problem, you will
have to either:

1. rename the compiled DCP files to drop the version numbers

2. alter IPIndyImpl.dpk to add the version numbers to its references of the
Indy packages.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> Donald wrote:
>
> > I now have the Link error  you warred about I Try to open the
> > "IPIndyImpl.dpk" and compile  but I am getting the Error
> >
> > [DCC Fatal Error] IPIndyImpl.dpk(33): E2202 Required package
> > 'IndyCore' not found
> >
> > What an I doing wrong
>
> Nothing.  If you open IPIndyImpl.dpk and look at its code, it specifies 'IndyCore',
> 'IndyProtocols' and 'IndySystem' packages (in that order) in its 'requires'
> clause.  However, when compiling Indy manually, it produces IndyCore160.dcp,
> IndyProtocols160.dcp, and IndySystem160.dcp files, but the compiler is looking
> for IndyCore.dcp, IndyProtocols.dcp, and IndySystem.dcp instead, hense the
> "not found" error.  The reason they do not match is because Indy does not
> yet use the {$LIBSUFFIX} compiler directive, which affects how the compiler
> names the DCP files it creates.  So, to get around the problem, you will
> have to either:
>
> 1. rename the compiled DCP files to drop the version numbers
>
> 2. alter IPIndyImpl.dpk to add the version numbers to its references of the
> Indy packages.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Thank you again for your Reply
After much renaming and moving files around I finely got past the initial errors and I get complier errors of
[DCC Error] IndyPeerImpl.pas(1800): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical
15 times at this
procedure TIdIOHandlerPeer.ReadBytes(var VBuffer: TIPBytesPeer; AByteCount: Integer;
  AAppend: Boolean);
begin
  FHandler.ReadBytes(VBuffer, AByteCount, AAppend);
end;
It appears to error every time ReadBytes is called
Donald S Bossen
0
Donald
6/16/2014 4:15:13 PM
Donald wrote:

> After much renaming and moving files around I finely got past the
> initial errors and I get complier errors of
>
> [DCC Error] IndyPeerImpl.pas(1800): E2033 Types of actual and formal
> var parameters must be identical
>
> 15 times at this
>
> procedure TIdIOHandlerPeer.ReadBytes(var VBuffer: TIPBytesPeer;
> AByteCount: Integer;
> AAppend: Boolean);
> begin
> FHandler.ReadBytes(VBuffer, AByteCount, AAppend);
> end;

See this discussion:

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=90684

And in particular, this reply:

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=90684#585181

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> Donald wrote:
>
> > After much renaming and moving files around I finely got past the
> > initial errors and I get complier errors of
> >
> > [DCC Error] IndyPeerImpl.pas(1800): E2033 Types of actual and formal
> > var parameters must be identical
> >
> > 15 times at this
> >
> > procedure TIdIOHandlerPeer.ReadBytes(var VBuffer: TIPBytesPeer;
> > AByteCount: Integer;
> > AAppend: Boolean);
> > begin
> > FHandler.ReadBytes(VBuffer, AByteCount, AAppend);
> > end;
>
> See this discussion:
>
> https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=90684
>
> And in particular, this reply:
>
> https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=90684#585181
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Thanks
I have ben working my way through this I am down to 7 errors now
This dose not seem to be covered

function TIdProc.GetHMACSHA1HashInst(const AKey: TIPBytesPeer): TIPHMACIntCtx;
begin
  Result := IdFIPS.GetHMACSHA1HashInst(AKey); //Steve
end;
[DCC Error] IndyPeerImpl.pas(2419): E2010 Incompatible types: 'TIdBytes' and 'System.TArray<System.Byte>'
Donald Bossen
0
Donald
6/16/2014 8:51:19 PM
Donald wrote:

> This dose not seem to be covered

In a way, it actually was, and in the same reply I directed you to earlier:

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=90684#585181

It just used a different HMAC example:

{quote}
type
  PIPBytesPeer = ^TIPBytesPeer;

var
  Tmp: TIdBytes;

Tmp := IdFips.FinalHMACInst(ACtx);
Result := PIPBytesPeer(@Tmp)^;
{quote}

So it is the same issue as the other errors - TIPBytesPeer needs to be type-casted
to TIdBytes when passed to Indy (don't let the 'const' fool you), eg:

{code}
function TIdProc.GetHMACSHA1HashInst(const AKey: TIPBytesPeer): TIPHMACIntCtx;
begin
  Result := IdFIPS.GetHMACSHA1HashInst(PIdBytes(@AKey)^);
end;
{code}

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> Donald wrote:
>
> > This dose not seem to be covered
>
> In a way, it actually was, and in the same reply I directed you to earlier:
>
> https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=90684#585181
>
> It just used a different HMAC example:
>
> {quote}
> type
>   PIPBytesPeer = ^TIPBytesPeer;
>
> var
>   Tmp: TIdBytes;
>
> Tmp := IdFips.FinalHMACInst(ACtx);
> Result := PIPBytesPeer(@Tmp)^;
> {quote}
>
> So it is the same issue as the other errors - TIPBytesPeer needs to be type-casted
> to TIdBytes when passed to Indy (don't let the 'const' fool you), eg:
>
> {code}
> function TIdProc.GetHMACSHA1HashInst(const AKey: TIPBytesPeer): TIPHMACIntCtx;
> begin
>   Result := IdFIPS.GetHMACSHA1HashInst(PIdBytes(@AKey)^);
> end;
> {code}
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Thanks
After much hair pulling I think I worked out the String  to AnsiString problem
I thing I have one last problem. I am getting 3 errors I don't under Stand.
[DCC Error] E2466 Never-build package '.IPIndyImpl' requires always-build package 'IndySystem160'
[DCC Error] E2466 Never-build package '.IPIndyImpl' requires always-build package 'IndyProtocols160'
[DCC Error] E2466 Never-build package '.IPIndyImpl' requires always-build package 'IndyCore160'
Not Knowing Exactly watt I am tooing I Copyed to C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\source\indy\implementation the 3 File 'IndySystem160.Dcp, 'IndyProtocols160.dcp, 'IndyCore160.dcp
Donald Bossen
0
Donald
6/17/2014 2:53:09 PM
Donald wrote:

> I thing I have one last problem. I am getting 3 errors I don't under
> Stand.
>
> [DCC Error] E2466 Never-build package '.IPIndyImpl' requires
> always-build package 'IndySystem160'
>
> [DCC Error] E2466 Never-build package '.IPIndyImpl' requires
> always-build package 'IndyProtocols160'
>
> [DCC Error] E2466 Never-build package '.IPIndyImpl' requires
> always-build package 'IndyCore160'

Indy's .DPK files have an {$IMPLICITBUILD ON} statement in them.  Try removing
that.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> Donald wrote:
>
> > I thing I have one last problem. I am getting 3 errors I don't under
> > Stand.
> >
> > [DCC Error] E2466 Never-build package '.IPIndyImpl' requires
> > always-build package 'IndySystem160'
> >
> > [DCC Error] E2466 Never-build package '.IPIndyImpl' requires
> > always-build package 'IndyProtocols160'
> >
> > [DCC Error] E2466 Never-build package '.IPIndyImpl' requires
> > always-build package 'IndyCore160'
>
> Indy's .DPK files have an {$IMPLICITBUILD ON} statement in them.  Try removing
> that.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Thanks
Did not work.
Removed the statement from IndyCore160, IndySystem160, IndyProtocaqlls160, dclIndyCore160, dclIndyProtocols160 and IPIndyImpl.dpk
still same errors
[DCC Error] E2466 Never-build package '.IPIndyImpl' requires always-build package 'IndySystem160'
[DCC Error] E2466 Never-build package '.IPIndyImpl' requires always-build package 'IndyProtocols160'
[DCC Error] E2466 Never-build package '.IPIndyImpl' requires always-build package 'IndyCore160'
Trying to ugrade to Delphi XE6 but missing a lot of 3rd party tools not updated for XE6
Donald Bossen
0
Donald

Web resources about - Installing Indy 10 in XE2 - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights &ndash; 13,000 of them &ndash; to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper