How to create Remote Folders

Hi

I need my application to create remote (WW) Folders on a server so I can upload web pages.

for example www.udopage/excel/

How do I create the excel folder on a web server from my local application..

Cheers Peter Skinner.

Edited by: Peter Skinner on Aug 29, 2008 7:31 AM
0
Peter

Peter Skinner wrote:

> Hi
>
> I need my application to create remote (WW) Folders on a server so I
> can upload web pages.
>
> for example www.udopage/excel/
>
> How do I create the excel folder on a web server from my local
> application..

One generally maintains a website, its folders and content via FTP.
Indy, for example, has easy to use FTP components.

--
Ray Marron
0
<Peter Skinner> wrote in message news:8347@forums.codegear.com...
> for example www.udopage/excel/
>
> How do I create the excel folder on a web server from my local
> application..

Generally you can't unless the site has FTP access. IF your limited to http
access (such as CPanel) you could theoretically write code to work with
TIdHTTPClient but I'm sure it would be complex.

If you have FTP access then the way forward is to use TIdFTPClient.
http://www.torry.net will have tips on using it to list folders on a FTP
server.

It's actually easy to create a folder but listing them and finding a folder
with the name you want is a little more complex.

Good luck
0
Jamie

being able to create folders on a sahred folder/remote server
Im supposed to develop a feature in my asp application which allows a user to create a folder. This folder is created on a remote server/shared drive. Also this ability to create folder is not available to all only those in the admin roles. can someone help me with this feature.     since its on a remote server, you will have to impersonate a network user who has appropriate privileges  to create the folder  See this article to see how you impersonate a user http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306158 Since you have roles set up .You first ...

create folder on remote server
Hi, does anyone have a code example of how to (in C#) create a directory on a remote server and then set up permissions for particular users? Thanks, Steve Hi If you have set "Full Control" in security tab of your share folder, then Add the FileSystemAccessRule to the security settings like this   string path = @"\\192.168.115.27\New\new2"; //I assume that: Your file server ip is 192.168.115.27 //you have shared the "New" folder and set Full control, then you want to create &qu...

create folder on remote server #2
hi to all, i cannot create folder on remote server as it gives error :Acces to path is denied If i ahve to give some credentails? plz help me out...

Create a backup of a folder using delphi
Greetings I am using Delphi XE3 under Windows 7. I'm looking for an easy way to within Delphi to allow the user to make a backup copy of a folder. I'm not finding any improvement in the basic dialog components that will help me do that. Does anyone know of an easy way to do this? Thanks Mark Anderson Mark Anderson wrote: > Greetings > > I am using Delphi XE3 under Windows 7. I'm looking for an easy way > to within Delphi to allow the user to make a backup copy of a folder. > I'm not finding any improvement in the basic dialog components tha...

Creating Folder When Creating User
Hi, I have a NetWare 6.5 SP6 server that is being used as a web server and the users only access via FTP & web. They do not login into it with a client at all. I have people setup to create users with iManager and it creates a home directory for each user they create. This is now the users web space. This setup has been working fine. They now want to have a second identical system with passworded access. So I need to create a second "Home Directory" in another folder. When a user gets created I need to be able to have the system create 2 folders one in data:/w...

Parse a Remote Folder to get newly created files
My scenario: An external application is creating a xml file every 5-10 seconds in a file server. I need to parse each file, just once, to create a record in a SQL table on real time. I tried some components (from LMD's and JAM's, see my post in thirdpartytools.general) but they fail on notifing the name of the file created on a remote PC, just report a folder is updated. Since at the end of the day there are about than 10,000 files in the folder I don't want to parse every single file, just the last (newest), to check if it's already on the table... Any help wi...

how to create remote server? i want to create proxy table,but can't connect the remote server sit!
You need to enable CIS (sp_configure 'enable cis', 1) and add an entry to master..sysservers for your remote server using sp_addserver. If the remote server is a Sybase server then a srvclass of 7 is required - I think that's the default if you specify the procedure parameter as null. ...

Where the database created to App_data folder of Solution Explorer is saved to? VS folders? SQL folders?
After creating a SQL Server database to App_Data folder and the database mdf file is shown in Server Explorer,from Managment Studio, we can not see the created database.  I understand this is a kind of local user database.I am wondering, exactly where the database data is saved?  In VS folders? or SQL Server folders?  Database files are created in the App_Data folder and they are attached to the Server. You can see the Database files inside your APP_DATA folder inside the application folderRgds,Neolsoft~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Mark as Answer if it...

Delphi XE3 ForceDirectories-CreateDir wrong Folder Creating win7 64bit [Edit]
Hello, System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Tool: Delphi XE3 Target Platform: Win32 using for ForceDirectories and (CreateDirectory and CreateDir) functions create folder, my create folder name " oobe " in Windows -> System32 -> oobe run application and create folder function -> (this problem) Windows -> SysWOW64 -> oobe -> creating. " ForceDirectories-CreateDirectory-Createdir " of stable value in sysWOW64 folder. I'm using function ; {code} function TfrmMain.oobeinfo_control: Boolean; var oobeinfo: UnicodeString; TmpBool: Boolean;...

Create a folder when user creates account
 Hi,I need to create a folder on the website dynamically when a user creates an account ( To store any documents the user may want to upload)  I'm using VB.NET and ASP.NET 2.0 Can anyone help  Cheers  Howzabout this (C#):System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory("c:\\blahblah\\NewFolder");  or this (VB):System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory("c:\blahblah\NewFolder")The user will need to have permission to write to the blahblah folder. Howzabout this (C#):System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory("c:\\blahblah\\NewFolder");  or ...

create access rule for created folder
Hii create a folder at runtime by create directory function and i want to assign an access rule for this folder how?thanks in advance.  check this out http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/053007-1.aspx...

Create new remote from old remote
asa 8.0.2 I have will be creating a several new remote DBs that have exactly the same data in them. Is there any problems with using an old remote DB to create a new one and then change the sync user in the new one? Thanks There should be no problem if you take care to force synchronization to "start over again" for that remote. Here are six steps you can take to make *absolutely* sure dbmlsync.exe will not get confused about what happened beforehand, with this remote database: 1. DROP the SYNCHRONIZATION SUBSCRIPTION and SYNCHRONIZATION USER from the remote ...

Limit of 32767 files in Win'98 folder when creating GW 6.0.3 remote database?
I'm trying to finish the creation of a remote database and seem to have hit a hitch whereby the ROFDATA folder has 32767 files, and it appears that it won't take anymore (weird errors when running send/retrieve, GWCHECK won't do a structural rebuild, I can't rename NGWCHECK.DB, ...). Is this a limitation under Win'98 (FAT32)? Why is GW creating so many files, does each one represent an email? Is this the max on a remote database, 32767 files? Thanks James 32767 is a magic number, so yes, I'd say that's a max. -- Michael J. Bell No...

Pages only being created in the temp folder and not in the web folder
I just installed Visual Studio Express on a Windows 2003 Test Server. When I create a new site everything seems to work. Solution Explorer allows me to create new files and they all show up inside it just fine. However when I try to browse the page I get a 404 error. When I checked to make sure I could browse a regular htm file, which I can, I noticed there are no asp.net files inside the folder at all. When I checked the temp folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\webstuff The website folder name and a lot of my files show up there bu...

Web resources about - How to create Remote Folders - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

Folder (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a virtual container within a digital file system , in which groups of computer files and possibly other folders can be kept and organized. ...

Facebook For Android 3.4 Beta Adds Folders To Home
... introduced Thursday, a feature Home users have been clamoring for was added to the beta version of Facebook for Android 3.4 : application folders ...

Facebook updates Home, adds folders
Facebook on Monday announced an update to Home , its platform for Android. Now Home users can categorize their apps into folders. A Facebook ...

App Store - Folder
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Folder on the App Store. Download Folder and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

Panasonic Dynamite8 Dealer Folder - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Cleaned scan (recto-verso) of a 1974 Panasonic Dealer A4 Folder about promotion of "Dynamite 8" (Detonator or TNT) RQ-830S New 8-track player ...

New Apple TV tvOS hacked to show iOS-like app folders
... the first tvOS 9.1 beta to developers earlier this week, but it lacked the addition of one major feature many have been calling for: folder ...

Facebook Replacing ‘Other’ Folder With Message Requests
The infamous “Other” folder for messages on Facebook will soon be extinct, as the social network is rolling out a feature called Message Requests ...

Samsung unveils the new Android-powered Galaxy Folder flip phone for Korea
Samsung first unveiled the Galaxy Folder clamshell smartphone back in 2013, which aimed to give users all of the benefits of an Android-powered ...

Hide your apps inside an invisible folder with this hack
... You could shuffle them off to the far reaches of your iPhones Home screens, but wouldnt it be nice if you could simply have an invisible folder ...

How to change Microsoft Edge's default download folder
... the default download location? Surely this is something that can be done easily in Settings, right? Nope. You can change the download folder, ...