How to getting the Hard Disk Serial no? not the Volume Drive no!

Hi all, Any ideas to getting the physical Hard Disk Serial no?
not the calling function GetVolumeInformation!

Thanks~!
0
Kent
11/4/2009 1:49:35 PM
embarcadero.delphi.win32 2183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Kent Foong wrote:}{quote}
> Hi all, Any ideas to getting the physical Hard Disk Serial no?
> not the calling function GetVolumeInformation!

A two-second Google search on "Delphi hard disk serial number" (without the quotes) found dozens of hits. Here's the first one: http://delphi.about.com/od/windowsshellapi/a/volumeserial.htm
0
Ken
11/4/2009 5:00:02 PM
Kent Foong wrote:
> Hi all, Any ideas to getting the physical Hard Disk Serial no?
> not the calling function GetVolumeInformation!
>
> Thanks~!
Hi,

Look at this. It might help.

http://www.diskserialnumber.com/
http://tinyurl.com/6cd6fc

Clément
0
Clement
11/4/2009 5:53:24 PM
If you're doing this for copy protection purposes you might one to look at the open source Turbopower OnGuard library. It gives you routines for copy protection systems using hardware serial numbers, registration codes and time bombs.

Lachlan
0
Lachlan
11/4/2009 10:20:21 PM
> {quote:title=Kent Foong wrote:}{quote}
> Hi all, Any ideas to getting the physical Hard Disk Serial no?
> not the calling function GetVolumeInformation!
>
> Thanks~!

Specifically:

GetVolumeInformation('c:\',VolumeName,MAX_PATH,@VolumeSerialNo,MaxComponentLength,FileSystemFlags,FileSystemName,MAX_PATH);

I think this is what you want.
0
Jeffrey
11/5/2009 1:53:16 AM
> {quote:title=Kent Foong wrote:}{quote}
> Hi all, Any ideas to getting the physical Hard Disk Serial no?
> not the calling function GetVolumeInformation!
>
> Thanks~!

OOPS. Didn't read all of your question.

Trying to be useful around here.
0
Jeffrey
11/5/2009 1:56:11 AM
<Kent Foong> schreef in bericht news:179726@forums.codegear.com...
> Hi all, Any ideas to getting the physical Hard Disk Serial no?
> not the calling function GetVolumeInformation!

you can find it here
http://home.earthlink.net/~akonshin/index.htm

Paul
0
Paul
11/5/2009 9:39:55 AM
> {quote:title=Kent Foong wrote:}{quote}
> Hi all, Any ideas to getting the physical Hard Disk Serial no?
> not the calling function GetVolumeInformation!
>
> Thanks~!

Hi,

 I'm looking for the same thing, any luck on it? I tried the registry thing, not so reliable ...also tested the diskserialnumber.com third-party dll as well as the one called hddphysic. Any one used any of this dll's? are they reliable?

razvar
11/16/2009 6:28:17 PM
Going to use a third-party one, tested them in vmware, they look reliable. So far hdd-physic  - http://rlbyte.com - seems to do a better job, it has a way to identify the windows hdd so i can lock my app to that hard drive, nice...
0
razvar

How to get the hard disk serial number of a network drive?
I know that there is a function called 'GetVolumeInformationA' and with this funcion, I can get the serial number of a local drive. However when I change the local drive to network drive (say Z:) as below: lb_ret = GetVolumeInformationA("Z:\", VolName, Len(VolName), VolSerial, MCompLen, VolFlgs, VolFileSys, Len(VolFileSys)) 0 instead of a proper serial number is returned as the VolSerial. Please advise! Tilden Lau Doesn't the solution given for the local harddrive on wednesday work on the network? -Charles Tin wrote: > I know tha...

Get Hard Disk Serial Number Delphi XE3
I have been using this great component from Devlib for many years in D7, D2010 and XE2 http://www.devlib.net/tgetdiskserial.htm The Delphi XE3 VCL installs without problem, but in an application the GetDiskSerial registrations are not recognised and Delphi... crashes (Close down)! They claim it works but not on my computer. Please install this and report if it works on your Delphi XE3 system? > {quote:title=Pieter van Wyk wrote:}{quote} > Please install this and report if it works on your Delphi XE3 system? I looked as far as the 'buy' button and just started laughing...

Get Hard disk serial no.
Hi, I have a requirement, where I need help. We are developing a VB application, where I need to avoid users from misusing the application. So we track the serial no of the hard disk on which he has installed the program. But the issue here is that we are not able to get the actual Harddisk number of the system from where we are running the application. We are making use of an OCX file and try to get the Serial No. This OCX returns the serial no of the hard disk on which the application is developed on. But if the same app is run from a differnt system as an exe, then it returns the sl...

Getting the hard drive serial number
Is there an easy way to obtain the hard drive serial number (the factory ID, not the one created by windows). Thanks Michael Michael Gurnett <> wrote: >Is there an easy way to obtain the hard drive serial number (the factory ID, not the one created by windows). Google is your friend. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hard+drive+serial+number The only "easy" way would be to download a library that does it for you. http://www.diskserialnumber.com/ DiskID32: Code and interesting links near bottom of page http://www.winsim.com/diskid32/diskid32.html ...

Get real serial no. for hard disk
Hi all how can I get the real serial no for hard disk, I know there is API function called GetVolumeInformation but I want the real serial no. how can I get it I am using PB11.5 and ASA11 thanks finestraco http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0214.html You will need to change the definition to GetVolumeInformationW instead of GetVolumeInformationA because PB 10+ is Unicode. -- Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product Enhancement Requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <finestraco> wrote in message news:4c0a...

Get Hard Drive Serial Number
Hi,Is it possible for me to get the hard drive serial number of the client's machine in my web application?Thanks I wouldn't think so, since ASP.Net is a server side language - and I would shudder with fear if this were actually possible.....David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer' when it applies) Yes, I am now realizing ...

How to get hard disk serial number for NT
For windows 95 and 98, I can use an API call 'GetVolumeInformationA' to get the hard disk number of a local hard-disk. However it does not work for NT 4.0 workstation and servers. The serial number returned is '0000-0000' which is incorrect. Please advice if there is another specific API call for getting serial number from a NT 4.0 workstation. Tilden That function is supposed to work on NT as well. However, the function itself has a bug with regard to reporting the serial number for remote drives. You might want to look at: http://support.microsoft.com...

Need code to get hard disk serial number
Does anyone have a working piece of PowerScript code to read the hard disk volume serial number under Win95? This is the eight character string (such as '3733-1ED8') that you see when you run the ChkDsk command. Thanks in advance, Justin - Remove the X from my reply to address! - Justin Purington jnp@mottthehoople.mv.com - Use this API function GetVolumnInformationA( ) This function returns information about the harddrive. Global External Function: FUNCTION boolean GetVolumeInformation(ref string lpRootPathName,ref string lpVolumeNameBuffer,ulong nVolu...

Getting MAC address or Serial number of Hard disk
Hi, I would like to track whether my client come back my site or not. Is it possible to get MAC address or Serial Number of hard disk of client PC accessing our site?ThanksTran Hong Quang There is no direct way of doing this in ASP.NET. However, you could use WMI in ASP.NET, and I beleive WMI can tell you that information.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

The trick to get the real serial number of hard drive
I have just published a blog post about a solution that works both in XP and Vista under user account privilage without using P/Invoke. Everyone knows how to get serial number of hard drives but it took me over 50 hours to figure out how to do it in .Net without any user privilage problem. Here is the direct link to the blog entry. Happy Coding! Very cool stuff, you are to be commended for your hard work digging up these details and how to leverage them.Chris LoveASP.NET 2.0 Your Visual Blueprint for developing Web Applications Not bad at all. Now, if you really want to take it to &q...

Installing new hard drive to replace smaller volume on another drive
OK folks, We're installing a new drive in our NetWare 4.11sp9 server. The server is an IBM Netfinity 5000. It took us a while to source the 'hotswap drive tray' part, but we eventually got one! The new drive is a Seagate Cheetah 10K.6 - 73.4 GB - hot- swap SCSI Ultra320 - 10000 rpm - 8 MB. Phew! The server already has two drives installed. We are not using a RAID array. On these two drives, we have 3 volumes - SYS and APPS on one drive, and DATA on the other. We've fitted the drive into the hotswap tray, and inserted it into the server. It seems to l...

Upgrading Hard Drives in 4.11 server: Volume SYS: and Data Drive
I am planning on upgrading the hard drives in our 4.11 sp9 server shortly. We currently have 4 mirror sets containing a volume on each one. There are 3 SCSI controllers in our server: 1 for the tape backup, and 2 for the other volumes. The controllers are Ultra2 and Narrow/Wide SCSI 2 for the volume hard disks, and Ultra 160 for the tape backup. My plan is to remove the SCSI 2 controller and replace it with an Ultra 160 or Ultra 320 controller, and replace the 4 drives on that chain with 320 drives. This will require moving two of our data volumes to the new drives, and moving the...

hard disk serial no
Is anyone have the idea to get hard disk serial no by using pb7? Use Win32 API call: Function long GetVolumeInformationA(string lpRootPathName, ref string lpVolumeNameBuffer, ulong nVolumeNameSize, ref ulong lpVolumeSerialNumber, ref ulong lpMaximumComponentLength, ref ulong lpFileSystemFlags, ref string lpFileSystemNameBuffer, ulong nFileSystemNameSize) Library "KERNEL32.DLL" Renato Di Pauli "Teo" <dkteo@tm.net.my> ha scritto nel messaggio news:43d75c17@forums-2-dub... > Is anyone have the idea to get hard disk serial no by using pb7? >...

Serial No. of Hard Disk.
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1 with Access 97. The deployment platforms are Win95/98 and Workstation. I would like to know is that any API calls that I can get the Serial No. of the Hard Disk??? It is because I want to use it as the product key in order to prevent duplication. Any suggestions are appreciated! Best Regards, Andy Cheung GetVolumeInformationA. Here's the declaration for it: FUNCTION boolean GetVolumeInformationA( string lpRootPathName, // address of root directory of the file system REF string lpVolumeNameBuffer, // address of name of...

Web resources about - How to getting the Hard Disk Serial no? not the Volume Drive no! - embarcadero.delphi.win32

China's vice president says no plan to devalue yuan: Bloomberg
China's vice president told Bloomberg News on Thursday that his government has no intention of devaluing the yuan. "The fluctuations in the currency ...

Redford refuses to be drawn into Oscars controversy
US actor Robert Redford refused to be drawn into the Oscars race controversy Thursday as the Sundance Film Festival he founded got underway in ...

Spruce Up a Room In No Time With the Speed Decluttering Game
Decluttering your entire home can take awhile. If you’re pressed for time, but still want to give a room a quick tidying up, the speed decluttering ...

EPA orders Michigan to take 'immediate action' on Flint water crisis
The US Environmental Protection Agency ordered the state of Michigan today to take “immediate action to address serious and ongoing concerns” ...

Jennifer Beals Joins ‘The Night Shift’ As Recurring
Proof alum Jennifer Beals has booked a major recurring role on the third season of NBC ’s medical drama The Night Shift . Beals will play Doctor ...

Why the new 'leaked' Android numbers put Google in such an uncomfortable position
Google isn't pleased about some "extremely sensitive information" that Oracle slipped into a recent court hearing. As part of an on-going lawsuit ...

East Coast begins to shut down ahead of historic storm
Winter is coming. And it's coming in a big way. See also: The latest on the potentially historic East Coast snowstorm The East Coast is currently ...

Facebook to roll out 3D Touch "peek and pop" support within timelines over coming months, starting today ...
Chris Davies / SlashGear : Facebook to roll out 3D Touch “peek and pop” support within timelines over coming months, starting today — Facebook ...

‘Star Wars’ Daisy Ridley Becomes ‘Eagle Huntress’ Exec Producer – Sundance
EXCLUSIVE : You cannot escape the Star Wars phenomenon, even at an indie film fest just getting underway in Park City. Star Wars: The Force Awakens ...

Kremlin Dismisses, Dissidents Applaud British Probe into Litvinenko Murder
Voice of America Kremlin Dismisses, Dissidents Applaud British Probe into Litvinenko Murder Voice of America January 21, 2016 6:31 PM. LONDON—. ...