Delphi XE cannot compile Indy 10

I got a new development PC running Windiows 7.
I cannot get Delphi 2006 to run on it (Registration problems)
So I purchased Delphi XE.
I expected problems compiling due to strings etc, but I did no expect problems with Indy10.

ALL my programs use Indy10.

I get this error, and I have absolutely no idea where to begin.

In Unit IdWinsock2:

function Stub_WSALookupServiceBegin(var qsRestrictions: {$IFDEF UNDER_CE}TWSAQuerySetW{$ELSE}TWSAQuerySet{$ENDIF}; const dwControlFlags: DWORD; var hLookup: THandle): Integer; stdcall;
begin
  {$IFDEF UNICODE}
  @WSALookupServiceBegin := FixupStub(hWinSockDll, 'WSALookupServiceBeginW'); {Do not Localize}
  {$ELSE}
  @WSALookupServiceBegin := FixupStub(hWinSockDll, 'WSALookupServiceBeginA'); {Do not Localize}
  {$ENDIF}
  Result := WSALookupServiceBegin(qsRestrictions, dwControlFlags, hLookup);
end;

In line Result=...

[DCC Error] IdWinsock2.pas(5558): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical
[DCC Error] IdWinsock2.pas(5908): E2010 Incompatible types: 'WSAQUERYSETW' and 'WSAQUERYSETA'

Also: It could initially not compile because it could not find "application.processmessages" in the Antifreeze unit. It was missing the Uses Forms. This is very strange. I added this clause, but could this be related? It looks like there are compiler directives wrong??

Any ideas welcome. I cannot compile any of my programs anymore. And Delphi 2006 does niot work either! Arch!

Bart

--
Bart Kindt / SARTrack Limited New Zealand
www.sartrack.co.nz

Bart Kindt wrote:

> So I purchased Delphi XE.
> I expected problems compiling due to strings etc, but I did no expect
> problems with Indy10.

It sounds like you're not using the version of Indy that came with
Delphi but an older version.  What specific version do you have?

--
-Mike (TeamB)
0
> {quote:title=Mike Williams (TeamB) wrote:}
> It sounds like you're not using the version of Indy that came with
> Delphi but an older version.  What specific version do you have?

Ah, bugger.
 Yes, I already just found the problem,; There was a search path to the original Borland Studio Projects Indy10 directory.
And: Whatever I tried, I could not delete this search path out of the DelphiXE settings!
It must be me, but I find the new format of the Options quite unworkable. I could not find any way to delete the old Search path. In the end i had no other choice than to rename the origional directories, so that they are no longer available.
This fixed the problem.

Now for all the unicode problems....

Thanks,  Bart

--
Bart Kindt / SARTrack Limited New Zealand
www.sartrack.co.nz
0
Bart
12/13/2010 10:32:11 PM
On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 13:40:55 -0800, Bart Kindt <> wrote:

>I got a new development PC running Windiows 7.
>I cannot get Delphi 2006 to run on it (Registration problems)

This is probably because BDS2006 by default uses an installation path
inside "Program Files..."
If you instead make a custom install and place BDS2006 in another path
like C:\Programs I bet it would work. The main reason is that BDS2006
is an older program and it places some data in its install directory
or below and from Win7 this is not allowed anymore.

Another item may be that BDS2006 might want to register something on
startup and the only way it can do so is if it is run elevated. This
can be done by rightclicking the shortcut and choose "Eun as
Administrator". Then it will start and you can immediately close it
again and try starting normally. Probably will work now.

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

migrating from Delphi 6 With Indy 10 to XE7 with Indy 10
I updated the original Indy in D6 to version 10 several years ago. Now I want to migrate my application from D6 to XE7 and would like some feedback on the best route to take. I usually send data using readln and writeln statements. The data is typically XML format. Since migrating to XE7 will include potential unicode data what is the best approach to take when reading and writing data? Will writeln and readln work in these cases or should I be using a different strategy to send unicode data between the tidtcpclient and tidtcpserver applications? al wrote: > I usually send data ...

Indy 10.6 compilation with Delphi 2009
With the current Subversion branch, the Delphi 2009 compiler shows these errors: C:\Delphi\indy-10.6\Lib\System\IdStackWindows.pas(287) Error: E2137 Method 'GetSocketOption' not found in base class C:\Delphi\indy-10.6\Lib\System\IdStackWindows.pas(289) Error: E2137 Method 'SetSocketOption' not found in base class C:\Delphi\indy-10.6\Lib\System\IdStackWindows.pas(322) Fatal: F2063 Could not compile used unit 'IdIDN.pas' TIdStackWindows in System\IdStackWindows.pas, Lines 287 to 290: procedure GetSocketOption(ASocket: TIdStackSocketHandle; ALevel...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Indy 10.6 compiler error with Delphi 6
In IdWinsock2.pas, lines 5684 to 5687, some IFDEFs seem to be missing to work around the missing unit64 type in Delphi 6: Here is the 'fixed' code with IFDEFs PeerApplicationAccessTokenHandle : {$IFDEF HAS_UInt64}UInt64{$ELSE}Int64{$ENDIF}; PeerMachineAccessTokenHandle : {$IFDEF HAS_UInt64}UInt64{$ELSE}Int64{$ENDIF}; MmSaId : {$IFDEF HAS_UInt64}UInt64{$ELSE}Int64{$ENDIF}; QmSaId : {$IFDEF HAS_UInt64}UInt64{$ELSE}Int64{$ENDIF}; -- Michael Justin Hello Michael, > In IdWinsock2.pas, lines 5684 to 5687, some IFDEFs seem to be missing > to...

how to compile and install indy 10.2.3 in delphi 2009
hi all. in my delphi 2007 application, indy 10.2.3 works very fine for me. however, when i update delphi to 2009, i found indy 10.2.5, which is the default indy version of delphi 2009, at least the following bugs: 1,TIdMultiPartFormDataStream does not support unicode any more, 2,TidHttp has bugs, 3,TidMessage has changed .. .. all of these have changed my application. so i wonder whether i can compile and install indy 10.2.3 in delphi 2009 to revive my application? or can i compile other compatible version which has little change with 10.2.3 in delphi 2009? (i have tried to compi...

Organising code to compile between Win32 and Prism in Delphi XE RAD Studio
Before you all choke on your morning coffee, allow me to explain :-) We have a lot of Delphi code. Quite a lot of it is well mannered object oriented code. We'd like (need) to use this code to produce different binaries that target both .Net and Win32. We can already do this using Delphi 2007 RAD Studio, so we understand the pain points (which are not as many as you might think). Now we want to upgrade to Delphi XE RAD Studio. Essentially this means replacing the Delphi 2007.Net compiler with the Prism compiler. We appreciate there will be some additional pain points, but it's wo...

delphi 7 Indy 9 and Indy 10
Hi, I can upgrade to indy 10 in delphi 7. But I have discover that indy 9 and Indy 10 have some different properties, so i had to change my old programs that were made in indy 9 to upgrade it to new version, but it is a long work. So I want to know if it is possible to install in the same delphi 7 both versions indy 10 and indy 9. I have tried to do it but i received a error message: Cannot load package 'IndySystem70'. It contains unit 'IdWinSock2', which is also contained in package 'Indy70'. Some can give me ideas or a link to read how to install both versi...

Indy E-Mail Problem (Indy 10, Delphi 2007)
Hello, we use Indy 10 with Delphi 2007 to get E-Mail using IMAP. We recieved an E-Mail which is not handled correctly. The E-Mail looks like this {code} Return-Path: <test@mail.com>; From: "Test Tester" <test@mail.com>; To: <test@mail.com>; Subject: Order Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:50:40 +0100 Message-ID: <15D526BEB8091D43859549D9E16E370FBA3123> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 14.0 Thread-Index: AQFk6K6fcF3...

Delphi.NET loading Delphi.Win32 Driver
Hi, What I'm trying to do is marshal an array of cardinal (or integer) back into managed memory from a win32 dll. I know how to pass managed memory into a win32 dll {code} var aa : array of Integer; Buffer : IntPtr; begin SetLength(aa,2); aa[0] := 1; aa[1] := 80; if not Supports(ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+'Win32_Library\SDK_Driver.Win32.io', TypeOf(IMyFunctions), MyFunctions) then Exit; //loads the driver into memory. MyFunctions contains the method names found in the SDK_Driver. Buffer := Marshal.AllocHGlobal(2 * {Marshal.SystemDefaultC...

Converting Delphi for Win32 to Delphi .Net(Prism)
Hi, I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to Delphi.net. Part of my code currently goes into a directory and pulls out a random file from this directory and loads the contents of the file for me. This code doesn't seem to work in Delphi.Net. It uses PString and a number of functions in SysUtils that don't seem to be present in Delphi.net's SysUtils file. If anyone can help me please, it would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Jonathan Mackey Jonathan Mackey a écrit : > I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to &...

Error on Delphi 6 but not on Delphi Xe for Ftp
I am Experimenting with get a file from our webside server via Ftp. I have 2 Machines 1 a laptop runing XP Delphi 6 Indy 10.5.8.0 An a machine runing Window 7 Delphi XE2 with Indy 10.5.8.0. I am using the Same Code on Both. procedure TFrmMain.ProcessItemDalySpecial; var PathDest : String; FileName : String; begin with FrmTb2 do begin if ReadIniBoolean(IniCfg,'FTP','UseFtpDaly') then begin Ftp.Host := ReadIniStr(IniCfg,'FTP','HostDaly'); Ftp.Port := ReadIniInt(IniCfg,'FTP'...

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1....

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1.proLogInGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmLogIn.Create(AWebApplication); end; ..... .... Now I Upgrade to Delphi XE.... Below is my Code in Delphi XE and There is no IWTPageProducer instead I used TPageProducer... {*************************************************} unit uWebModule; interface uses SysUtils, Classes, HTTPApp, HTTPProd, SOAPHTTPDisp, WebBrokerSOAP, IWAppForm, IWApplication; type TfrmWebModule = class(TWebModule) PageProducer1: TPageProducer; . . . private public end; var WebModuleClass: TComponentClass = TfrmWebModule; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; implementation uses uMain; {$R *.dfm} procedure TfrmWebModule.frmWebModuleactMainAction(Sender: TObject; Request: TWebRequest; Response: TWebRes...

Any difference between Delphi Prism 2011 and Delphi Prism XE?
Looking at the features in Delphi Prism XE, they look the same as the new items in the 2011 release back in may. I there anything new in the XE release? or did they simply change the product branding? Just wondering if I need to update it or now when i download the rest. Thanks, Hi Dan, > Looking at the features in Delphi Prism XE, they look the same as the new items in the 2011 release back in may. I there anything new in the XE release? or did they simply change the product branding? Just wondering if I need to update it or now when i download the rest. See http://w...

Debugging DLL compiled with Delphi 7 in Delphi XE5
Dear Sirs/Madams, We are considering changing from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE5. Our project consists of a dll and an .exe file. I have begun converting the .exe file to Delphi XE5 and have successfully accessed the DLL compiled with Delphi 7. When I debug the DLL (using the "run parameters" and changing "host application" to the .exe file) in Delphi 7 I can set breakpoints etc. and they are triggered. However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) ...

Win32 program: Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE5

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Migration from Delphi 2007 Rad to Delphi XE Where is Quickreports
Have installed and finally registered Delphi Xe, I am looking for Quickreports but am unable to find it anywhere, I asked the Distributer and was told its packaged in Delphi XE, Well I should have gone to specsavers......cos I cant see it any where ? > {quote:title=Colin Coleman wrote:}{quote} > Have installed and finally registered Delphi Xe, I am looking for Quickreports but am unable to find it anywhere, I asked the Distributer and was told its packaged in Delphi XE, Well I should have gone to specsavers......cos I cant see it any where ? Hello Colin, Delphi X...

Web resources about - Delphi XE cannot compile Indy 10 - embarcadero.delphi.win32

Compile (publisher) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Compile was a Japanese videogame developer, most notable for having developed the Puyo Puyo series, based on their Madou Monogatari franchise, ...

Information Is Power: Facebook Develops ThreatData To Compile Data On Web Threats
Part of being able to combat malware, phishing, and other online threats is gathering and consolidating as much data on those threats as possible, ...

Credit Suisse compiles yuan winners and losers list: report
... the lowers. A list of Australian winners and losers from the decision by China’s government to devalue the renminbi has reportedly been compiled ...

Beijing residents compile own death toll in flooding
Beijing residents fed up with a lack of official updates are compiling their own death tolls for last weekend's deadly floods in the capital, ...

New report compiles 25 years of UFO sightings in Canada
A Winnipeg group called Ufology Research has compiled and analyzed reported sightings of UFOs across Canada over the last 25 years.

China's nat'l library to compile book on Diaoyu Islands
China's nat'l library to compile book on Diaoyu Islands People's Daily Online ... States, Australia and the United Kingdom. The book is aimed ...

Googlers compile holiday search tips in rap video to help Santa with flight
Google is in full holiday swing (what, you haven't heard?). They just posted, on YouTube, a rap video that was put together by its employees, ...

Popular Dating Site Compiles 15 Stupid Reasons To Date A Lawyer
A new listicle describes a really horrible person to date and then says, “we think lawyers are probably this awful, go date them!” Continue ...

Author Compiles Lively L.A. Times History Lesson
Long before Eli Broad , Rupert Murdoch and people willing to pay $140 million for the Las Vegas Review-Journal, there was Harrison Gray Otis ...

Japan, China compile written pledge to improve ties ahead of summit
Japan and China reached a rare written agreement on Nov. 7 to improve relations strained by a territorial dispute over the Senkaku Islands in ...