Delphi 7 IDE

Sorry, I tried to post this to the IDE group, but got "posting not allowed"
error.

When starting Delphi 7 (all patches applied), with the load last project
option, only the object inspector, object treeview, code window and form
show up.  The IDE / component bar are not opened.

Anyone have this happen before?  Is there a fix for it?

Nothing found with google or newsgroup search, sorry.
0
Charles
4/23/2010 3:15:09 PM
embarcadero.delphi.win32 2183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Charles Collins wrote:

> When starting Delphi 7 (all patches applied), with the load last
> project option, only the object inspector, object treeview, code
> window and form show up.  The IDE / component bar are not opened.
>
> Anyone have this happen before?  Is there a fix for it?

Delete the Delphi32.dsk file, which stores the window positions.

Bill
0
William
4/23/2010 3:24:49 PM
Hello William,

Thanks!!

> Charles Collins wrote:
>
>> When starting Delphi 7 (all patches applied), with the load last
>> project option, only the object inspector, object treeview, code
>> window and form show up.  The IDE / component bar are not opened.
>>
>> Anyone have this happen before?  Is there a fix for it?
>>
> Delete the Delphi32.dsk file, which stores the window positions.
>
> Bill

0
Charles
4/23/2010 3:31:33 PM

"William Meyer" <meyer.wil@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Delete the Delphi32.dsk file, which stores the window positions.

Bill,

Is this problem still possible on the latest version of Delphi?

A fix would be to force the windows to be within the screen
much the same as when doing a past of several controls
with the IDE into a panel that is too small to hold them --
i.e. they are scrunched in - not right, but they are not lost.

Regards, JohnH
0
John
4/23/2010 10:08:13 PM
John Herbster wrote:

> Is this problem still possible on the latest version of Delphi?
>
> A fix would be to force the windows to be within the screen
> much the same as when doing a past of several controls
> with the IDE into a panel that is too small to hold them --
> i.e. they are scrunched in - not right, but they are not lost.

John,

  I don't know. It's been around a long time, but I /think/ it
manifests only on the separate windows, not in a docked layout.

Bill
0
William

Win32 program: Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE5

Win32 Delphi language features introduced since Delphi 7
Hi, Am I right in thinking that the language features introduced since Delphi 7 fall into the categories: a) language features dictated by .Net compatibility. e.g. Namespaces, Inlining, records with methods, operator overloading, pure interfaces, generics, extended RTTI and reflection; b) Unicode strings and supporting procedures? c) 64-bit support What other language features, if any, have been introduced since D7? Had most of the post-D7 languages features, except for generics, Unicode strings, and 64-bit support, been introduced in or before Delphi 2005? How bug-free were ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, after i bought delphi 7
I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? "I embezzled some money from my employer, returned the funds, and then got it back as a bonus. Can I still be arrested?" Uhhh .... didn't you just confess to a crime? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an appli...

Unofficial Delphi 7 updates
Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL http://blog.synopse.info/post/2009/12/20/Enhanced-Run-Time-library-for-Delphi-7 It's very interesting and I'd like to know it's stability. Edwin Ye wrote: > Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi > ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL This library violates Delphi's license (redistributing of RTL/VCL source files is not allowed). The last post was deleted and I'm sure this one will be deleted, too. -- Andreas H...

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3

Delphi 2007 RTL in Delphi 7

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Web resources about - Delphi 7 IDE - embarcadero.delphi.win32