Convert a Win32 to Delphi .NET in D2006

The win32 app is a D2006 app as well.  How do I convert it to be a Delphi .NET app short of recreating the forms and copy/pasting code?  Is there a conversion tool in Delphi to do this?

I would think with VCL .NET there would be a way to change the target project type.

--

Don Gollahon
0

Don Gollahon wrote:

> The win32 app is a D2006 app as well.  How do I convert it to be a
> Delphi .NET app short of recreating the forms and copy/pasting code?
> Is there a conversion tool in Delphi to do this?
>
> I would think with VCL .NET there would be a way to change the target
> project type.

Copy the source files (only dpr, pas, dfm, any resource files you use)
to a new folder. Open the dpr file with the BDS .NET personality or the
full BDS. It should ask you what type of project you want to create.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :
Don Gollahon wrote:

> The win32 app is a D2006 app as well.  How do I convert it to be a
> Delphi .NET app short of recreating the forms and copy/pasting code?
> Is there a conversion tool in Delphi to do this?

Delphi.net is *dead*. If you want to migrate your projects to .net -
why ever - take a look at delphi prism. This is the new Delphi.Net -
but it's not fully compatible with the original Delphi.net.

But don't forget: _Never_ change a running application
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Heiko Adams
Fachinformatiker Anwendungsentwicklung

Tel.: +49 (95 65) 94 22 - 42
Fax : +49 (95 65) 94 22 - 22
Mail: heiko.adams@regenspurger.de
Web:  http://www.regenspurger.de / www.kigapro.de
0
Heiko
6/29/2009 8:13:53 AM
Heiko Adams wrote:

> Delphi.net is dead. If you want to migrate your projects to .net -
> why ever - take a look at delphi prism. This is the new Delphi.Net -
> but it's not fully compatible with the original Delphi.net.
>
> But don't forget: Never change a running application

It is just an experiment.  In actuality we are converting everything to
Visual Studio.  (Sorry CodeGear.  Not much I can do about it).

If there would have been a tool to convert existing Delphi .NET apps to
Prism I may have had a chance to prolong Delphi's life in our
department.  I found it faster to convert to C# using Delphi2CS than
manually converting from Delphi to Prism.

--

Don Gollahon
0
"Donald Gollahon" <dlgllhn@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
> Heiko Adams wrote:
>
>> Delphi.net is dead. If you want to migrate your projects to .net -
>> why ever - take a look at delphi prism. This is the new Delphi.Net -
>> but it's not fully compatible with the original Delphi.net.
>>
>> But don't forget: Never change a running application
>
> It is just an experiment.  In actuality we are converting everything to
> Visual Studio.  (Sorry CodeGear.  Not much I can do about it).
>
> If there would have been a tool to convert existing Delphi .NET apps to
> Prism I may have had a chance to prolong Delphi's life in our
> department.  I found it faster to convert to C# using Delphi2CS than
> manually converting from Delphi to Prism.

If you want to convert projects from Delphi Win32 and Delphi .NET to Delphi
Prism, perhaps the page can help.
It also has a to to convert from C# to Delphi Prism (Oxygene) too :)

http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/forum/index.php?page=16

If you can't read it, here is the text from the page:

Are you looking to start a Delphi Prism project, but don't want to have to
start everything from scratch? Well there is a way to help port some of your
existing projects to Delphi Prism for .NET 3.5+ and XNA development thanks
to a few developers at RemObjects.

RemObjects Oxidizer "...is a free command line utility that helps to port
Delphi code (both from Win32 and the now deprecated Delphi for .NET)
projects to the Delphi Prism language. It does so by analyzing your pascal
source files and applying a wide variety of changes, both for subtle
language differences but also to prepare your code for more fundamental
differences between Delphi Prism and traditional Delphi code."

Get it at http://code.remobjects.com/p/oxidizer/

C# to Oxygene "...is a simple tool based on the Micro CS parser to convert
C# to Oxygene code." More than that it is likely capable of helping convert
XNA Game Studio tutorials and other sources. It still has it's problems as
RemObjects states that it is a work in progress and is not to be considered
an official product, but it's a start to something. :)

Get it at http://code.remobjects.com/p/csharptoxy/

Hope this helps :)
cheers,
Paul
0
Paul
7/6/2009 5:58:49 AM
Don Gollahon wrote:
> The win32 app is a D2006 app as well.  How do I convert it to be a Delphi .NET

This seemed like a really dumb idea even before Delphi.net reached
end-of-life as a commercial product.  Now it seems positively suicidal.

:-)

Warren
7/7/2009 5:57:42 PM
> It is just an experiment.  In actuality we are converting everything to
> Visual Studio.  (Sorry CodeGear.  Not much I can do about it).

I feel sorry for you, and for whatever senior technical people at your
company could make such a decision.  :-)

Good luck!

Warren

Converting Delphi for Win32 to Delphi .Net(Prism)
Hi, I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to Delphi.net. Part of my code currently goes into a directory and pulls out a random file from this directory and loads the contents of the file for me. This code doesn't seem to work in Delphi.Net. It uses PString and a number of functions in SysUtils that don't seem to be present in Delphi.net's SysUtils file. If anyone can help me please, it would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Jonathan Mackey Jonathan Mackey a écrit : > I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to &...

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

Delphi.NET loading Delphi.Win32 Driver
Hi, What I'm trying to do is marshal an array of cardinal (or integer) back into managed memory from a win32 dll. I know how to pass managed memory into a win32 dll {code} var aa : array of Integer; Buffer : IntPtr; begin SetLength(aa,2); aa[0] := 1; aa[1] := 80; if not Supports(ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+'Win32_Library\SDK_Driver.Win32.io', TypeOf(IMyFunctions), MyFunctions) then Exit; //loads the driver into memory. MyFunctions contains the method names found in the SDK_Driver. Buffer := Marshal.AllocHGlobal(2 * {Marshal.SystemDefaultC...

converting delphi code to delphi .NET
Hi,I'm looking at converting quite a bit of old delphi code to delphi .NET .  I'm wondering can it be converted to VB.NET for certain ?  Or perhaps there are some unsupported functions etc in delphi and I should keep the code delphi ?  There are about 10,000 lines of code.   Anyone brave enough to take an estimate on how long it would take to convert 10,000 lines ?is going from delphi to delphi.NET smooth ?   Would going to another language cause complications ?Thanks! mike123   Mike123,   Sorry I can not help, however, I have the s...

One Indy 10 for D2006.NET, D2006 (win32) & XE2 (win32)
I'm in the process of migrating an active codebase from D2006 to XE2. This contains Delphi.NET code and win32, both of which use Indy 10. The Win32 code will be migrating to XE2 ASAP, but the .NET code will need to continue to work in D2006 for some time as its migration path will take longer. The current development snapshot of Indy 10 doesn't compile in D2006.NET, and, unsurprisingly, the older version of Indy 10 I have doesn't compile in XE2, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of a version of Indy that might compile for all these platforms. It would certainly make my li...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Win32 program: Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE5

.NET color selector for Delphi Win32
I'd like to color selector for Delphi Win32 that the color set is the ..NET named color set, (AliceBlue, AnticWhite, etc.) Anybody knows of one like that? I'm thinking a drop-down combo. Paul, Much of this information is already part of DotNet4Delphi. It includes the .Net Color type, including all color constants (like Color.AliceBlue). All names are also included, however only in lowercase. If you want, I can add the capitalized names as well so that you can make the conversion from name to color and vice versa. Please contact me at my private email if you're ...

Win32 Delphi language features introduced since Delphi 7
Hi, Am I right in thinking that the language features introduced since Delphi 7 fall into the categories: a) language features dictated by .Net compatibility. e.g. Namespaces, Inlining, records with methods, operator overloading, pure interfaces, generics, extended RTTI and reflection; b) Unicode strings and supporting procedures? c) 64-bit support What other language features, if any, have been introduced since D7? Had most of the post-D7 languages features, except for generics, Unicode strings, and 64-bit support, been introduced in or before Delphi 2005? How bug-free were ...

Delphi.NET vs Prism+Win32+Hydra
It seems one of the reasons people have been using Delphi.NET has been for easy reuse of Delphi.Win32 code in ASP.NET applications. If we assume resurrecting Delphi.NET with both RTL.NET and VCL.NET is out of the question, what is the /technically/ most sound path for further development of such applications? 1. Porting everything to C# 2. Back-porting the reused code to Win32, porting the ASP.NET specific code to Prism, and using e.g. RO Hydra for accessing the Win32 code from ..NET 3. Something else? > 1. Porting everything to C# > 2. Back-porting the reused code to...

Delphi Net Extension Library for Win32 [Edit]
I've published the new .NET extension library for Win32 (earlier name: Futures): http://cid-c3e2695fc6f7b0a4.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Nyilv%c3%a1nos/Code/Delphi%20for%20Win32/Net%20for%20Win32/Net%20for%20Win32.zip New features: - https://forums.codegear.com/thread.jspa?threadID=9481 (except: Clone methods) + - New classes and interfaces (TNetObject, TNetObservableObject, TNetValidableObject) - TNetReference, TNetSafeReference - Attributes with reflection services - New reflection classes and functions. An example: NetTypeOf(Self).GetProperty('Color').Value := Value; -...

Delphi Win32 TDataSet and .NET SQL/TableAdapter compared
Hi folks, We are in the process of prototyping a user interface that connects directly to SQL 2008 (no middle-tier). Our two technology choices are: 1. WPF using SQL/TableAdapter architecture 2. Delphi Win32 using dbGO Can someone please shed some light on the relative strengths and weaknesses of the two approaches. I, personally, am comfortable with the Delphi direction and have only recently began learning WPF. I'm not as concerned about the platform differences as I am about the "rad"ness of the process. Time to market is crucial for me. Anyone with ...

Web resources about - Convert a Win32 to Delphi .NET in D2006 - embarcadero.delphi.win32

$100 device converts all your film to digital photos
... still on film negatives. Today, we've got the perfect Amazon Cyber Week deal for you: A Wolverine F2D Mighty 20MP 7-in-1 Film to Digital Converter ...

"ISIS 'ranks' the women, considering foreign women and converts to be especially 'valuable.' "
"According to French journalist Anna Erelle’s recent exposé , ISIS foreign fighters prefer foreign women and converts because the jihadists find ...