connecting to a db in delphi 2010 ide

i am new to delphi and am using the 2010 delphi...by using the ide, how do i connect to a firebird db..i have opened the data explorer and expanded the FBCONNECTION..

how do i go about from here please? my goal for now is to connect to a fb db and bind a textbox

thanks
helloise
0
helloise
10/1/2009 9:47:26 AM
embarcadero.delphi.win32 2183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

helloise smit wrote:

> i am new to delphi and am using the 2010 delphi...by
> using the ide, how do i connect to a firebird db..i have
> opened the data explorer and expanded the FBCONNECTION..

Right click the FBCONNECTION node and choose Modify
Connection from the context menu. Enter the path to the
database, the username, the password and then click the
Test Connection button.

If you do not want to modify the FBCONNECTION node, right
click FIREBIRD, choose Add New Connection then follow the
instructions above.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0
> {quote:title=Bill Todd wrote:}{quote}
> helloise smit wrote:
>
> > i am new to delphi and am using the 2010 delphi...by
> > using the ide, how do i connect to a firebird db..i have
> > opened the data explorer and expanded the FBCONNECTION..
>
> Right click the FBCONNECTION node and choose Modify
> Connection from the context menu. Enter the path to the
> database, the username, the password and then click the
> Test Connection button.
>
> If you do not want to modify the FBCONNECTION node, right
> click FIREBIRD, choose Add New Connection then follow the
> instructions above.
>
> --
> Bill Todd (TeamB)

thanks but i dont know the path always..i was expecting to see a browse elipses or button...i find it unacceptable! i MUST be able to browse for a db...i dont know where my clients' dbs sit...

Edited by: helloise smit on Oct 1, 2009 7:47 AM
0
helloise
10/1/2009 2:48:35 PM
helloise smit wrote:

> thanks but i dont know the path always..i was expecting
> to see a browse elipses or button...i find it
> unacceptable! i MUST be able to browse for a db...i dont
> know where my clients' dbs sit...

Browsing a list of databases is possible if you use a
database server such as SQL Server that requires that all
databases be registered with the server. Firebird databases
are not registered with the server so there is no way to
get a list of databases because no list exists. This is the
way Firebird is designed. It has nothing to do with the
Data Explorer.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0
> {quote:title=Bill Todd wrote:}{quote}
> helloise smit wrote:
>
> > thanks but i dont know the path always..i was expecting
> > to see a browse elipses or button...i find it
> > unacceptable! i MUST be able to browse for a db...i dont
> > know where my clients' dbs sit...
>
> Browsing a list of databases is possible if you use a
> database server such as SQL Server that requires that all
> databases be registered with the server. Firebird databases
> are not registered with the server so there is no way to
> get a list of databases because no list exists. This is the
> way Firebird is designed. It has nothing to do with the
> Data Explorer.
>
> --
> Bill Todd (TeamB)

oooo ok then i understand now
thank you...
0
helloise

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Free RAD Studio 2010 and Delphi Prism 2011 with purchase of Delphi 2010
Hi All, For those of you who complain that Delphi (and RAD Studio) is too expensive... for a few short weeks there are two overlapping special offers from Embarcadero that you can use to move up to RAD Studio 2010 including the latest Delphi Prism 2011 for the price of a single Delphi 2010 (New User or Upgrade)... The first "RAD Studio PROMO" offer is still valid until June 28th: when you order Delphi 2010, you get RAD Studio 2010 delivered instead (including Delphi 2010, C++Builder 2010 and Delphi Prism 2010). As of May 26th, the "Delphi Prism 2011" of...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi.NET loading Delphi.Win32 Driver
Hi, What I'm trying to do is marshal an array of cardinal (or integer) back into managed memory from a win32 dll. I know how to pass managed memory into a win32 dll {code} var aa : array of Integer; Buffer : IntPtr; begin SetLength(aa,2); aa[0] := 1; aa[1] := 80; if not Supports(ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+'Win32_Library\SDK_Driver.Win32.io', TypeOf(IMyFunctions), MyFunctions) then Exit; //loads the driver into memory. MyFunctions contains the method names found in the SDK_Driver. Buffer := Marshal.AllocHGlobal(2 * {Marshal.SystemDefaultC...

Web resources about - connecting to a db in delphi 2010 ide - embarcadero.delphi.win32

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...