.net component to Delphi component ?

Hello,
Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ?
no
11/18/2008 9:16:37 PM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.win32
📃 2183 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 6 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1989 Views

http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this.
--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com
Marc Rohloff wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ?
>
> http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this.

I was hoping for a free tool but thanks
0
no
11/19/2008 1:38:53 AM
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:38:53 -0800, isaac sam wrote:
> I was hoping for a free tool but thanks
You could always access the .NET runtime APIs yourself.
--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com
Marc Rohloff wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote:
>

>> Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ?
>>

> http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this.

So says the website you link to:
    Managed VCL can not:
        * Query .Net interface if it is not COM visible.
        * Work with .Net events.
        * Work with .Net controls.
        * Managed VCL will not turn your Delphi or C++ Builder into .Net
          language and it some other features may not be available.

In short, there are lots of things it won't do. Including let you use
visual components (controls) in Delphi Win32.
There is no kind of visual control for .Net that does not already exist
in a native Win32 control anyways. What exactly does this guy want to
do? Whatever it is, sounds like there is a better way.

Warren
0
Warren
11/19/2008 2:38:59 PM
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 06:38:59 -0800, Warren Postma wrote:
> So says the website you link to:
>     Managed VCL can not:
>         * Work with .Net controls.
Where did you see this? The homepage says:
Managed VCL can:
  * Place .Net controls on VCL Win32 form

I have never used these controls but, from what I know of the hosting
API, you could use .NET events and interfaces by treating them as
objects.
--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com
Marc Rohloff wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 06:38:59 -0800, Warren Postma wrote:
>

>> So says the website you link to:
>>     Managed VCL can not:
>>         * Work with .Net controls.
>>

> Where did you see this? The homepage says:
>
> Managed VCL can:
>   * Place .Net controls on VCL Win32 form

Oddly enough the list of limitations on the tutorial page is much longer
and that is where I cut & pasted from:
http://www.managed-vcl.com/tutorial/
0
Warren