How do I lookup or change the WSDL import settings/options in DELPHI 2009

A while ago a friend configured my WSDL import options.  I am no moving to Delphi XE and need to use the same configuration that was used in 2009.  How do I lookup or change the WSDL import settings/options in DELPHI 2009?     My second question is how do I set the defaults in XE?  I can't find instructions on any of this.
0
David
12/15/2010 6:33:59 PM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.webservices
📃 976 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1452 Views

Hello,
>A while ago a friend configured my WSDL import options.  I am no moving to
>Delphi XE and need to use the same configuration that was used in 2009.
>How do I lookup or change the WSDL import settings/options in DELPHI 2009?
>My second question is how do I set the defaults in XE?  I can't find
>instructions on any of this.
Fortunately the importer generates comments in the source file itself to
relay what the import options where. For example, if I run the importer and
select to map xsd:string to WideString, I'll see the following at the top of
the source code generated:
{code}
// WSDL     : test.wsdl
//  >Import : test.wsdl>0
//  >Import : c:\dev\tp\trunk\soap\wsdls\test.xsd
// Codegen  : [wfMapStringsToWideStrings+]
{code}

The Codegen section above only shows up if non-default options where
selected. The '+' says that the option was enabled (which means that it's
typically disabled).
Here's an another example: this time I've disabled the option to skip unused
types and I've enabled the option to generate a server implementation. The
source code generated reads:
// WSDL     : test.wsdl
//  >Import : test.wsdl>0
//  >Import : c:\dev\tp\trunk\soap\wsdls\test.xsd
// Codegen  : [wfServer+, wfSkipUnusedTypes-]
As you can see, skipping unused types is usually ON but I disabled it; and
generating Server is OFF by default but I've turned it ON.
Now none of that is documented as it's really in there for debugging
purposes (IOW, we realized that it would be helpful to find out what option
was used when this particular file was generated). The source code for the
WSDL Importer is actually included with Delphi so it's not difficult to see
all the strings that would show up in that "// Codegen : ..." line. So to go
back to the previous options, you'll want matching "// Codegen :" lines, if
there was one.

To go back to the default you want no "// Codegen : ..." line to show up.
The command line importer of XE, WSDLImp.exe, shows what options are ON or
OFF by default when you run the help screen (just type 'WSDLImp.exe').
Here's the output:
{code}
Embarcadero WSDLIMP Version 2.41 - $Rev: 34803 $
Copyright (c) 2010 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.
Usage: WSDLIMP [options] <WSDL[File|URL]>
 Language Generation Options:
  -C     Generate C++ code
  -P     Generate Pascal code
 Code Generation Options [ -option{+|-} default shown ]:
  -Oa+   Process nillable and optional elements
  -Ob-   Use Setters and Getters for properties
  -Od+   Generate destructors for remotable types
  -Oe+   Generate scoped enumerations
  -Of+   Import Fault Types
  -Og-   Generate interface GUIDs using COM API
  -Oh+   Import Header Types
  -Oi+   Generate warning comments
  -Oj+   Validate Enumeration members
  -Ok-   Map pure collections to wrapper class types
  -Ol-   Emit wrapper element Types
  -Om-   Allow out parameters
  -Oo+   One out parameter is return value
  -Op+   Process included and imported schemas
  -Or-   Generate alias for the element of pure collections
  -Os-   Generate server implementation instead of client proxies
  -Ot+   Do not emit unused types
  -Ou+   Unwrap wrapper elements (wrapped doc|lit services)
  -Ov+   Generate verbose information about types and interfaces
  -Ow-   Map String to WideString
  -Ox+   Generate class aliases as class types
  -Oz-   Use TXSxxxx classes for simple nillable types
{code}
The items with a '+' are ON by default and the ones with '-' are OFF by
default.
Let us know if you need more information.
Cheers,
Bruneau
0
Jean