Delphi 2010 WebService Array Parameter

Hi,

I created a WebService that returns an array of a TRemotable object (Custom
structure) with D2010.

When the WS is consumed by a Delphi-Client everything works perfect. But
when I try to consumed the WS from a MS_C#.net-Client I get errors telling
me the xml structure is incorrect.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers,

Eduardo
0
Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

> I created a WebService that returns an array of a TRemotable object (Custom
> structure) with D2010.

So do I ;-)

> When the WS is consumed by a Delphi-Client everything works perfect. But
> when I try to consumed the WS from a MS_C#.net-Client I get errors telling
> me the xml structure is incorrect.

Then you need to go to the web module, select the HTTPSoapPascalInvoker
component, and open up the Options property in the Object Inspector.
Make sure the option "soRootRefNodesToBody" is checked. That will ensure
that the elements are passed outside of the response node, in the body,
where the .NET client can find them.

> Any help would be really appreciated.

Setting this option will result in a server that can handle both Delphi
Win32 and .NET clients. It will be documented in more detail in my
upcoming Delphi 2010 XML, SOAP and Web Services book...

> Cheers,
>
> Eduardo

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
3/8/2010 10:37:11 AM
Thanks Bob,

Your answer solved my problem.

I will be looking forward for your book.

Best regards,

Eduardo

"Bob Swart" <Bob@eBob42.com> wrote in message
> Hi Eduardo,
>
>> I created a WebService that returns an array of a TRemotable object
>> (Custom
>> structure) with D2010.
>
> So do I ;-)
>
>> When the WS is consumed by a Delphi-Client everything works perfect. But
>> when I try to consumed the WS from a MS_C#.net-Client I get errors
>> telling
>> me the xml structure is incorrect.
>
> Then you need to go to the web module, select the HTTPSoapPascalInvoker
> component, and open up the Options property in the Object Inspector.
> Make sure the option "soRootRefNodesToBody" is checked. That will ensure
> that the elements are passed outside of the response node, in the body,
> where the .NET client can find them.
>
>> Any help would be really appreciated.
>
> Setting this option will result in a server that can handle both Delphi
> Win32 and .NET clients. It will be documented in more detail in my
> upcoming Delphi 2010 XML, SOAP and Web Services book...
>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Eduardo
>
> Groetjes,
>           Bob Swart
>
> --
> Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42.com) Forever Loyal to Delphi
> Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
> Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
> http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
> Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
> Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
> Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Eduardo
3/8/2010 3:19:20 PM
On 08.03.2010 11:37, Bob Swart wrote:

> Setting this option will result in a server that can handle both Delphi
> Win32 and .NET clients. It will be documented in more detail in my
> upcoming Delphi 2010 XML, SOAP and Web Services book...

This is so funny - is there a reason why the default setting is only
compatible with Delphi? IMHO the default should work with any client
(just curious) ...

Cheers,
--
Michael Justin
SCJP, SCJA

>It will be documented in more detail in my
> upcoming Delphi 2010 XML, SOAP and Web Services book...

Great!!!

when you think it will be available?

Thank you very much and best regards

Claudio

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4925 (20100308) __________

http://www.eset.com
0
Claudio
3/8/2010 5:39:51 PM
Hi Michael,

>> Setting this option will result in a server that can handle both Delphi
>> Win32 and .NET clients. It will be documented in more detail in my
>> upcoming Delphi 2010 XML, SOAP and Web Services book...
>
> This is so funny - is there a reason why the default setting is only
> compatible with Delphi? IMHO the default should work with any client
> (just curious) ...

There's a chance the setting might be incompatible with other clients,
like PHP or Java? (never tried - I've only used Win32 and .NET so far;
and Java is a looong time ago)...

> Cheers,

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
3/8/2010 6:38:31 PM
Hi Claudio,

>> It will be documented in more detail in my
>> upcoming Delphi 2010 XML, SOAP and Web Services book...
>
> Great!!!
>
> when you think it will be available?

Early next week. I'm wrapping up the final deployment details and will
send free upgrades to all people who bought the Delphi 2007 edition in
the past few years. After that, it will be made available on my webshop
for general purchase (as PDF with updates and support).

> Thank you very much and best regards
>
> Claudio

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
3/8/2010 6:40:14 PM
> {quote:title=Bob Swart wrote:}
>
> Setting this option will result in a server that can handle both Delphi
> Win32 and .NET clients. It will be documented in more detail in my
> upcoming Delphi 2010 XML, SOAP and Web Services book...{quote}

Bob, the book will be based on what delphi version  (I mean, prof... Enterprise...and so on)...

I am afraid I know the answer... :-(

Best Regards..
0
Fernando
3/8/2010 8:38:34 PM
Hi Fernando,

>> Setting this option will result in a server that can handle both Delphi
>> Win32 and .NET clients. It will be documented in more detail in my
>> upcoming Delphi 2010 XML, SOAP and Web Services book...
>
> Bob, the book will be based on what delphi version  (I mean, prof... Enterprise...and so on)...

Mainly Delphi 2010 Professional, but a few XML features that I cover are
using Data Binding Wizard and XML Mapper which are part of Enterprise.
The main SOAP topic is all Professional, so that should be no problem.

> I am afraid I know the answer... :-(

AFAIK, for SOAP and Web Services there is nothing to worry about.

> Best Regards..

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
3/8/2010 9:38:01 PM
> {quote:title=Bob Swart wrote:}{quote}

Hello Bob...

> Mainly Delphi 2010 Professional, but a few XML features that I cover are
> using Data Binding Wizard and XML Mapper which are part of Enterprise.
> The main SOAP topic is all Professional, so that should be no problem.

Great !!!!!  :-)

> > I am afraid I know the answer... :-(
>
> AFAIK, for SOAP and Web Services there is nothing to worry about.

I was thinking the book would be mainly centered on Data Binding Wizard and XML Mapper.

I will be waiting for your book.

Greetings...
0
Fernando
3/9/2010 7:20:32 AM
Hi Fernando,

> I will be waiting for your book.

FWIW, I've announced it in my blog, and you can also download the Table
of Contents to get a better idea of what the book is covering.

See http://www.bobswart.nl/Weblog/Blog.aspx?RootId=5:4008

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob

Delphi 2010 webservice consumer pass null strings to webservice [Edit]
Hello, I need to consume a webservice that is developed in java ( thas all that I know ). I have a HTTPRIO componente and have import the webservice file win the WSDL importer. Til here everything is allright but when I run the application all the parameters reach the webservice as null. I have made some webservice and consumers but I never have had problems ( I make the server and the client ) I test to do the same with prism and c++ bilder and it go allright, but I need it to do in delphi Thanks PD: Pleas be patient, my English is not good Edited by: Adrian Zussino on Sep 8, 2010 3...

Delphi Webservice
Hello, I have created one webservice using indy TIdHTTPWebBrokerBridge and also created the client. Now I need to way to pass some file which will be reside on my server path to the client thorugh SOAP. The picture is as follows: 1) I have some fastreport files on the server 2) The client will show those report on the client side. There will be no fr3 files in the client side. Also I don't want to use FastReport Client/Server technology, as my client does not want this. 3) I don't want to save the fr3 files in the client side also. How to call this report from Client...

Java CFX Webservice and Delphi 2010
Hi, I'm struggling around with some problems calling my Java Webservice. As long as I use primitive datatypes, such as Strings, Integers etc. everything works fine. But when I try to use objects as parameters my java methods only receive null. So the mapping doesn't seem to work. I put up a simple example: Java Interface for Webservice {code} @WebService(name="TestService", targetNamespace=CNAPBackOffice.NAMESPACE_SERVICES) @SOAPBinding(style=SOAPBinding.Style.RPC, use=SOAPBinding.Use.LITERAL) public interface TestService { @WebMethod(operationName="sen...

Problems Consuming Delphi 2010 Webservices
Hi there, i created a simple test webservice in delphi 2010 and published it on an IIS Webserver. By consuming the wsdl in various clients (c#-client, intalio, soap-ui) there are a couple of problems. The +soapenc:arraType+ can not be found and so i can not consume my webservice with this clients. Consuming the wsdl by a delphi client works very well. To compare the wsdl files i created the same web service in visual studio 2010 (c#). Here the arrayType is supported and i can consume the wsdl in various clients. The functions of both web services are exactly the same. For comparison her...

Delphi 2010: Webservice consumption HTTPS+NTLM
Hello, I'm looking urgently for a way to consume a webservice in delphi 2010, which is configured to use NTLM authorization over HTTPS. Are there some standard Delphi libraries, that I could use? I have tried following things: - WSDL import. It works like a charm, the classes can be successfully generated. The call to the WSDL description requires actually also the integrated windows authorization, but RadStudio can succsesfull pass through it. - Basic Authorization. Using multiple examples in the internet seems not to be a proper solution. I get an error ESOAPHTTPException "Unat...

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Web resources about - Delphi 2010 WebService Array Parameter - embarcadero.delphi.webservices

webservices Articles, Posts, Blogs, Videos - Technorati
— Authority: The job consist in a PHP program that read a file, compose a message (email or sms) and call an API of email provider (Amazon SES) ...

Section: software:webservices
Wired.com © 2012 Condé Nast. All rights reserved. Use of this Site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (effective 3/21/12) and Privacy ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

App Search on Flickr - Application Sharing!

Wikipedia:Press coverage 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you add an article, please cite both the title and the source. Note that if you're listing an article from a traditional press wire service ...

Entity–relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

Entity-relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro - MyCareer
Find IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro on MyCareer. Fresh IT and Telecommunications Jobs posted daily. Free email alerts and ...

AWS Elastic Beanstalk: A Quick and Simple Way into the Cloud
Flexibility is one of the key principles of Amazon WebServices - developers can select any programming language and software package,any operating ...

How To Use the Amazon SDK for Android to Upload Photos to Amazon S3
This article demonstrates how to use the AWS SDK for Android to upload an image to Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) from your mobile device ...