Rich Text editor conponent to format rich text

Hi we want to format rich text in a memo with the bold , underline , fonts ect. with basic functions like wordpad. A VCL component for now but later something that will work with firemonkey to format text.

There are a few component out there but they cost more than half the price of Delphi. Is there a basic component out there that can do that and not hundreds of other things as well that we have to pay for that we don't need.

WE got XE4 and want to start all new developments with that and fire monkey where posible, but for now we still use VCL because there still need to develop components for firemonkey to be used successfully.

Or should I reinvent the wheel and add my own format funtions
Please assist, we need to finish a project before 19 September with this as a portion of their reporting

Thanx
0
Johan
8/20/2013 8:18:52 AM
embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using 2297 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Johan Harmse wrote:

> Hi we want to format rich text in a memo with the bold , underline ,
> fonts ect. with basic functions like wordpad. A VCL component for now
> but later something that will work with firemonkey to format text.

For VCL I would definitively use TRichEdit. It has everything that you
need. Maybe later you could switch to third party component.
0
Lajos

I have created rich text editor by using .js file in script tag and how to call that rich text editor instance in code behind page

Rich Text Formatting / Text Formatting Toolbar
Is there a default control in ASP.NET or in VS .NET in general that I can use to help edit textboxes and have a formatting toolbar at the top similar to the microsoft word formatting toolbar (lets you make fonts bold, select font size, font type, etc. -- basic formatting stuff and maybe insert pictures/attach files to the text box). If you reply to this message, you'll see what i'm talking about at the top of the reply box. There isn't a default one in asp.net. The one used here is called FreeTextBox. It's a free custom control that you can download. I don't think it comes with emotico...

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

In rich text editor I cannot normally edit text just after pasting text
Name: Darek Email: darekatgrapevinejobsdotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: In rich text editor I cannot normally edit text just after pasting text Comments: In rich text editor I have following problem: After pasting text for example from Word I try to remove a letter or word from just pasted text and I could not do this. If I insert let say single space then after this operation I am able to remove text and generally do everything. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5....

Getting IE runtime error when using Rich Text Editor in Text/HTML module
Hi guys, I've just installed DNN, applied a skin to a new portal and now when i try to add a TEXT/HTML module and modify it using the Rich Text Editor i get a little IE runtime error box pop up: A runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line: 51 Error: 'this.ftb.id' is null or not an object Any ideas??? Thanks Neile If you are referring to DNN 3.0.x then a quick search for 'this.ftb.id' in these forums should help....

Text formatting problem in Rich Text Box
I have developed a user control in C#. This user control contains a Rich text box. We are using this user control in an ASP .NET site for rich text editing through web. The problem is losting text formatting. First we have changed some formatting displayed texts (formatting means BOLD, Underline, font size change, font change, etc), Then lost these formatting after minimizing and maximizing the internet explorer. How to solve this problem??? One more thing is this problem not there when use this control in a desktop application..  pls help me......   Jefy Jefy:This use...

Converting Rich Text Format to Plain Text
I have a textbox in my web form for users for "description". What happen is that users usually open a word document and copy the text from the word document to the textbox in my form. This created a problem for my application since the information input from my web form will eventually converted to a text file serving as an input for another application which can only accept plain text. Because of the rich text format, some special characters are not recognized correctly. So, I am wondering if there is a way to convert the text in the textbox from rich text format to plain text format? ...

Using a Rich Text Editor
Hi there, I'm making a simple content management system where I have a DetailsView on one page which lets me insert text into a database and then view it on another page through a GridView - Simple stuff. It all works fine but I want to add a rich text editor such as FreeTextBox. I've replaced the original textbox in the details view with the FreeTextBox, but when I type something in and click on insert, it doesn't insert the text that I wrote, but rather the word 'true'. I have tried both FreeTextBox and FCKeditor and I get the same thing with both. Why are they ins...

How to use rich text editor?
Hi everyone! I'm oanhtn, this is my email: oanhtn.aptech@gmail.com, now i'm working with rich text editor and SQL 2005, i can't use it,if who can use it please share code for me. Thanks! Hi, check out this post to find a lot of fancy rich text editor controls: Why would you want to write your own WYSIWYG editor? Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons.  Check below linkRich Text Editor  Haissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog |...

Can't edit text in the 'Basic text Box' OR 'Rich Text Editor'
have, DNN 3.0.13 installed on Windows server 2003have tried sitting at the server and on a workstationI first tried to edit the text on the home page, the text editor shows up but it is empty/blank, I couldn't put my cursor in the text area and type anything.I have also tried to create a new page and try to edit a text area, same problem.....I have also tried to use the events module and tried to add an event, same problem...PS. preview in not on.Thanks in advance, Peter What browser are you using?Are you using a custom skin?Icthus TechnologiesBuilding Faith on the Internet Im havi...

Rendering rich text using Html text helper

Default to Rich Text Editor not Basic Text Box
I am probably missing something simple here - I want the users of my portal to automatically ge the Rich Text Editor when they are editing a Text/HTML module. Presently, it seems pretty hit or miss as to which one comes up by default. Thanks 'Add this line into EditHTML.ascx.vb #82 TextEditor1.Mode = "R" TextEditor1.Text = Server.HtmlDecode(CType(objText.DeskTopHTML, String)) .... Thanks! As I mentioned on a similar thread where the same advice was given, this should really be moved to the host and/or admin pages. I find it a bit of a hassle to have to m...

Rich Text Editor using Atlas
Hi, I need to create a basic RTE and was thinking about using some of the Atlas functionality until I realised that of course there is no SelectedText, SelectedLength, SelStart properties on string type controls such as Literal. Can anyone tell me whether they know of a way that this might be achieved? Many Thanks, Grant SelectedText, SelectedLength and SelStart. the literal control does generate a specific html element, if any of those properties are present in javascript, you can probably apply them to the literal through javascript. although, the real technique for the RTE s is us...

Rich Text Editor using Javascript
When I try to develop an RTE, I have faced the following problem,                            Firefox         IE          Opera       Safari                           -------        &...