Delphi XE and shaped transparent form

Hi,
I have just switched to DelphiXE and wondering if possible to make a completely transparent form with a shaped transparent image?
I have done this with Delphi2007 by using a overlay form but,
the same way doesn't work because of unsupported PNG image components I had.

thanks
0
Daniel
7/11/2011 3:25:49 PM
embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using 2297 articles. 2 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Daniel Christian Ceker wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
> I have just switched to DelphiXE and wondering if possible to make a completely transparent form with a shaped transparent image?
> I have done this with Delphi2007 by using a overlay form but,
> the same way doesn't work because of unsupported PNG image components I had.
>
> thanks

{
  NEEDS A BITMAP IN A RESOURCE FILE

  this is a transparent form with an image and a bitmap
  it is shown until freed

  BE CAREFUL: THIS WINDOW MUST NOT OVERLAP, MEANS IT MUST NOT BE CREATED WHILE ANOTHERONE IS LIVING
}
unit UWait;

interface

uses
  Windows,              //for HRGN, NOTE: in case of TBitmap place Windows ontop of Graphics
  Graphics,             //for TBitmap
  Forms,
  Classes,
  Controls,
  ExtCtrls;

type
  TfrmWait = class(TForm)
    imgWait: TImage;
    //Form Events
    procedure FormCreate  (Sender: TObject);
    procedure FormDestroy (Sender: TObject);
  private
    bmpBck   :TBitmap;
    function BitmapToRgn(ABitmap: TBitmap; ATransColor: TColor): HRGN;
  end;

var
  frmWait: TfrmWait;

implementation
uses
  SysUtils,             //for IntToStr
  UGlobal;              //for FLng

{$R *.dfm}

(**********************************************************************************************************************)
(********************Form Events***************************************************************************************)
procedure TfrmWait.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
var
  Rslt  : HRGN;
  tmpStr: String;
begin
  tmpStr:= NameOfYourBitmapInResource;  //<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
  imgWait.Picture.Bitmap.LoadFromResourceName(HInstance, tmpStr);
  Application.ProcessMessages;

  TWinControl(frmWait).DoubleBuffered:= True;

  bmpBck:= TBitmap.Create;
  bmpBck.Assign(imgWait.Picture.Bitmap);

  //set transparent form
  Rslt:= BitmapToRgn(imgWait.Picture.Bitmap, $ffffff);
  SetWindowRgn(Handle, Rslt, True);
end;

(**********************************************************************************************************************)
procedure TfrmWait.FormDestroy(Sender: TObject);
begin
  //clear bitmap
  if Assigned(bmpBck) then bmpBck.Free;
end;

(**********************************************************************************************************************)
(********************Private Methods***********************************************************************************)
function TfrmWait.BitmapToRgn(ABitmap: TBitmap; ATransColor: TColor): HRGN;
//Creating a non-rectangular window, that is transparent
const
  AllocUnit = 100;
var
  MyBmp     : TBitmap;
  MaxRects  : Integer;
  mr        : Integer;
  HData     : HGlobal;
  PData     : PRgnData;
  CB, CR, CG: Byte;
  LR, LG, LB: Byte;
  P32       : Pointer;
  X, X0, Y  : Integer;
  P         : PLongInt;
  PR        : PRect;
  H         : Hrgn;
begin
  //initialize
  Result:=0;

  //create
  MyBmp:=TBitmap.Create;
  try
    //copy background bitmap to the new one
    MyBmp.Assign(ABitmap);
    //make it device independent, that is, store it in memory in a standard format, supported by all devices (including printers)
    MyBmp.HandleType   := bmDIB;
    MyBmp.PixelFormat  := pf15bit;  //<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<only this works in Windows 7
    MaxRects           := AllocUnit;
    HData              := GlobalAlloc(GMem_Moveable, SizeOf(TRgnDataHeader)+SizeOf(TRect) * MaxRects);
    try
      PData              := GlobalLock(HData);
      PData^.RDH.DWSize  := SizeOf(TRgnDataHeader);
      PData^.RDH.iType   :=RDH_Rectangles;
      PData^.RDH.nCount  :=0;
      PData^.RDH.nRgnSize:=0;
      SetRect(PData^.RDH.RCBound, MaxInt, MaxInt, 0, 0);
      LR:=GetRValue(ColorToRGB(ATransColor));
      LG:=GetGValue(ColorToRGB(ATransColor));
      LB:=GetBValue(ColorToRGB(ATransColor));
      for Y:=0 to ABitmap.Height - 1 do begin
        X:=-1;
        P32:=MyBmp.ScanLine[Y];
        while (X + 1) < ABitmap.Width do begin
          Inc(X);
          X0:=X;
          P:=PLongInt(P32);
          Inc(PChar(P), X * SizeOf(LongInt));
          while X < ABitmap.Width do begin
            CR:=GetBValue(P^);
            CG:=GetGValue(P^);
            CB:=GetRValue(P^);
            if ((CR = LR) and (CG = LG) and (CB = LB)) xor False then  // invert
              Break;
            Inc(PChar(P), SizeOf(LongInt));
            Inc(X);
          end;
          if X > X0 then begin
            mr:= PData^.RDH.nCount;
            if mr >= MaxRects then begin
              GlobalUnlock(HData);
              Inc(MaxRects, AllocUnit);
              HData:=GlobalReAlloc(HData, SizeOf(TRgnDataHeader) + SizeOf(TRect) * MaxRects, GMem_Moveable);
              PData:=GlobalLock(HData);
            end;
            PR:=@PData^.Buffer[PData^.RDH.nCount * SizeOf(TRect)];
            SetRect(PR^, X0, Y, X, Y + 1);
            if X0 < PData^.RDH.rcBound.Left then
              PData^.RDH.rcBound.Left:=X0;
            if Y < PData^.RDH.rcBound.Top then
              PData^.RDH.rcBound.Top:=Y;
            if X > PData^.RDH.rcBound.Right then
              PData^.RDH.rcBound.Left:=X;
            if Y + 1 > PData^.RDH.rcBound.Bottom then
              PData^.RDH.rcBound.Bottom:=Y + 1;
            Inc(PData^.RDH.nCount);

            if PData^.RDH.nCount = 2000 then
            begin
              H:=ExtCreateRegion(nil, SizeOf(TRgnDataHeader) + (SizeOf(TRect) * MaxRects), PData^);
              if Result<>0 then
              begin
                CombineRgn(Result, Result, H, RGN_OR);
                DeleteObject(H);
              end
              else
                Result:=H;

              PData^.RDH.nCount:=0;
              SetRect(PData^.RDH.rcBound,MaxInt,MaxInt,0,0);
            end;

          end;
        end;
      end;
      H:=ExtCreateRegion(nil, SizeOf(TRgnDataHeader) + (SizeOf(TRect) * MaxRects), PData^);
      if Result <> 0 then
      begin
        CombineRgn(Result, Result, H, RGN_OR);
        DeleteObject(H);
      end
      else
        Result:=H;
     finally
       GlobalFree(HData);
     end;
   finally
     MyBmp.Free;
   end;
end;

end.

Good luck

Edited by: Lothar Schwandt on Apr 9, 2012 7:11 PM
0
Lothar
4/10/2012 2:12:02 AM
> {quote:title=Daniel Christian Ceker wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
> I have just switched to DelphiXE and wondering if possible to make a completely transparent form with a shaped transparent image?
> I have done this with Delphi2007 by using a overlay form but,
> the same way doesn't work because of unsupported PNG image components I had.
>
> thanks
Maybe something like:
http://www.del123.com/DelphiSplashScreen.zip
or:
http://www.del123.com/PNGFormDelphi.zip
These examples use the transparent PNG image file. If anyone is interested in these, please let me know and I will send the source.
0
Slobodan
4/10/2012 3:21:35 AM
> {quote:title=Slobodan Dmitrovic wrote:}{quote}
> > > Maybe something like:
> > > http://www.del123.com/DelphiSplashScreen.zip
> > > or:
> > > http://www.del123.com/PNGFormDelphi.zip
> > > These examples use the transparent PNG image file. If anyone is interested in these, please let me know and I will send the source.
> >
> > Hi Slobodan,
> > Thanks for the response.
> > I will be very much pleased if you could post the source.
> > Demos are looking like everything I needed.
> >
> > thanks in advance
> Sent to your inbox.

Thanks a lot :)
I will mark this as answered but I can't see the "Answered" buttons anymore, anyone has any ideas why?

-daniel
0
daniel
4/11/2012 4:15:27 AM
> {quote:title=Slobodan Dmitrovic wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Daniel Christian Ceker wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi,
> > I have just switched to DelphiXE and wondering if possible to make a completely transparent form with a shaped transparent image?
> > I have done this with Delphi2007 by using a overlay form but,
> > the same way doesn't work because of unsupported PNG image components I had.
> >
> > thanks
> Maybe something like:
> http://www.del123.com/DelphiSplashScreen.zip
> or:
> http://www.del123.com/PNGFormDelphi.zip
> These examples use the transparent PNG image file. If anyone is interested in these, please let me know and I will send the source.

Hi,

I saw your examples and liked them very much.
Could you please send me the source too.

Best regards,
Clément
0
Clement
4/18/2012 6:14:27 PM
> Hi,
>
> I saw your examples and liked them very much.
> Could you please send me the source too.
>
> Best regards,
> Clément
Sent via PM.
0
Slobodan
4/18/2012 6:34:28 PM
On 18/04/2012 15:34, Slobodan Dmitrovic wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I saw your examples and liked them very much.
>> Could you please send me the source too.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Clément
> Sent via PM.

Thanks a lot!
0
Clement
4/19/2012 1:27:47 AM
Dear Slobodan Dmitrovic!

I just read your comment on this thread, and I would be very grateful to you if you could send me the source code somehow.

Thank you in advance!
0
Bela
9/11/2012 10:24:21 PM
> {quote:title=Bela Balazs wrote:}{quote}
> Dear Slobodan Dmitrovic!
>
> I just read your comment on this thread, and I would be very grateful to you if you could send me the source code somehow.
>
> Thank you in advance!
Sent.
0
Slobodan
9/22/2012 9:49:26 AM
You are welcome.
0
Slobodan
9/27/2012 1:39:47 PM
> {quote:title=Slobodan Dmitrovic wrote:}{quote}
> You are welcome.

Hi,

I saw your examples and liked them very much.
Could you please send me the source too.

Best regards,
Rafael
0
Rafael
11/9/2012 12:38:09 PM
Slobodan Dmitrovic wrote:

> These examples use the transparent PNG image file. If anyone is
> interested in these, please let me know and I will send the source.

Very interesting. Can I also get the source?

Thanks,

Bill
0
William
11/9/2012 1:29:14 PM
Sent via PM.
0
Slobodan
11/9/2012 4:01:13 PM
Sent.
0
Slobodan
11/9/2012 4:02:35 PM
Slobodan Dmitrovic wrote:

> Sent via PM.

Not received. Dumb question, but I assume you removed "nospam." from my
address?

Thanks,

Bill
0
William
11/9/2012 4:09:47 PM
Sent again.
If you did not receive it, please contact us at:
http://www.del123.com
and we will send it again.
Regards.
0
Slobodan
11/9/2012 4:20:20 PM
> {quote:title=Slobodan Dmitrovic wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Daniel Christian Ceker wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi,
> > I have just switched to DelphiXE and wondering if possible to make a completely transparent form with a shaped transparent image?
> > I have done this with Delphi2007 by using a overlay form but,
> > the same way doesn't work because of unsupported PNG image components I had.
> >
> > thanks
> Maybe something like:
> http://www.del123.com/DelphiSplashScreen.zip
> or:
> http://www.del123.com/PNGFormDelphi.zip
> These examples use the transparent PNG image file. If anyone is interested in these, please let me know and I will send the source.

Hello Slobodan,

Just saw this thread, and I would be interested in receiving the source code as well.  It's definitely something I could use for my application.

Thanks in advance,

Soitjes.

--
My Digital Home Server
http://www.digitalhomeserver.net

| Maybe something like:
| http://www.del123.com/DelphiSplashScreen.zip
| or:
| http://www.del123.com/PNGFormDelphi.zip
| These examples use the transparent PNG image file. If anyone is
| interested in these, please let me know and I will send the source.

<Raising hand!>

03/18/2013 15:35:43

1.19.1.372  [Q'sBrokenToolBar] [Running on TQ]
0
Quentin
3/18/2013 10:36:18 PM
Source code sent via PM.
Regards.
0
Slobodan
3/18/2013 11:37:07 PM
Mr. Correll source code sent via PM.
Best regards,
Slobodan
0
Slobodan
3/18/2013 11:38:39 PM
Slobodan,

| Mr. Correll source code sent via PM.

I haven't received it.

Did you notice the NO in my e-mail address?

That needs to be removed. <g>

03/18/2013 17:42:22

1.19.1.372  [Q'sBrokenToolBar] [Running on TQ]
0
Quentin
3/19/2013 12:43:47 AM
Hello,
I am using the default web interface to read messages so I do not see your email. I sent the source via the same IM interface. Please contact us via our website so we can send the source code.
Thanks.
0
Slobodan
3/19/2013 3:12:15 AM
Slobodan,

| Please contact us via our website so we can send the source code.

Done.

Thank you very much.

03/19/2013 14:50:39

1.19.1.372  [Q'sBrokenToolBar] [Running on TQ]
0
Quentin
3/19/2013 10:03:13 PM
Done and done.
You are most welcome.
0
Slobodan
3/19/2013 10:59:11 PM
> {quote:title=Slobodan Dmitrovic wrote:}{quote}
> Sent.

Hi! Can I get the source too please? Thanks.
0
Let
3/24/2013 5:23:55 PM
> {quote:title=Slobodan Dmitrovic wrote:}{quote}
> Sent.
Great work , please send to me too , thanks ;)
0
ali
3/25/2013 10:17:58 AM
Hello, unfortunately we do not send free copies any more.
Regards.
0
Slobodan
3/25/2013 10:42:37 AM
Very interesting. Can I also get the source code?

Thanks you,

Joe
0
Jose
6/8/2013 9:55:05 AM

http://melander.dk/articles/alphasplash2/2/
> {quote:title=N Depred wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Daniel Christian Ceker wrote:}{quote}
> > possible to make a completely transparent form with a shaped transparent image?
>
> http://melander.dk/articles/alphasplash2/2/
That example uses third party libraries.
0
Slobodan
6/26/2013 12:44:09 PM
> {quote:title=Slobodan Dmitrovic wrote:}{quote}
> You are welcome.

Can I Get the Source too?
0
Stephan
8/19/2013 7:03:35 AM
I'am very interested in Your pngformdelphi
Could You send me source code?
Massimo
9/15/2013 8:49:43 PM
Hi dimitrovic!!!
Could you send me the source code too please?

thank you!!
0
Thomas
10/17/2013 10:07:46 AM
> {quote:title=Slobodan Dmitrovic wrote:}{quote}
> Source code sent via PM.
> Regards.

Hi, can you send me the source code too? Thanks!
0
Luis
12/20/2013 3:58:39 PM
Very interesting. Can I also get the source code?

Thanks you,

Sándor
0
Sandor
1/4/2014 5:11:40 PM
> {quote:title=Thomas Amaddeo wrote:}{quote}
> Hi dimitrovic!!!
> Could you send me the source code too please?
>
> thank you!!

Hi all,
I have made my own version of this,
if anyone need help with it, PM me.
0
daniel
1/6/2014 8:19:48 PM
Please send me the sources too. I am interested in the subject.
Thank you very much

> {quote:title=daniel Legrand wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Thomas Amaddeo wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi dimitrovic!!!
> > Could you send me the source code too please?
> >
> > thank you!!
>
> Hi all,
> I have made my own version of this,
> if anyone need help with it, PM me.
0
Softwarex

MOVED: Use Delphi XE TLB importer in Delphi 2007?
....to the ActiveX group: https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=47170 -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

Trying to call a .DLL from Delphi XE (used to work with Delphi 6 :-) )
Hi everyone, I have a problem where perhaps some one could help point me in the right direction. In Delphi 6 I used a stand alone package to train a neural netowrk,. The trained neural network was stored as a .DEF file. The standalone software provided a .DLL and Delphi code to call the network and get the prediced values from your sw. (The .DLL was created in 2002 and apparently is 32 bit.) I have'nt used it for years but am now coming back to it.... I now use Delphi XE on Windows 7 (32 bit) The old .exe's I had compiled from that time work fine. However in Delphi XE ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

How to use C++ Builder form in Delphi form ?
Dear all, I can call a Delphi form in C++ Builder project, but I can not call a C++ Builder form in a Delphi form? Help me please! Thank you very much! Nguyen Duy Tuan Hi Tuan, > I can call a Delphi form in C++ Builder project, but I can not call a C++ Builder form in a Delphi form? That's correct... > Nguyen Duy Tuan Groetjes, Bob Swart -- Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42.com) Forever Loyal to Delphi CodeGear Technology Partner -- CodeGear RAD Studio Reseller (BeNeLux) Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores....

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

How to use AppModeler to generate Delphi forms using Cached Updates
<HTML> <TT>A beginner's question regarding AppModeler 6.1, Delphi 3, and Interbase 5.x...</TT> <P><TT>While I am impressed with the amount of thought and work that has gone into AppModeler, I have nonetheless been surprised to discover that the Delphi application generated by AppModeler is not suitable for real-world situations because of the "fly-away" problem afflicting newly-entered records.</TT> <P><TT>When I enter a record on an AppModeler-generated Delphi form, the record disappears ("flies away") immedia...

Error on Delphi 6 but not on Delphi Xe for Ftp
I am Experimenting with get a file from our webside server via Ftp. I have 2 Machines 1 a laptop runing XP Delphi 6 Indy 10.5.8.0 An a machine runing Window 7 Delphi XE2 with Indy 10.5.8.0. I am using the Same Code on Both. procedure TFrmMain.ProcessItemDalySpecial; var PathDest : String; FileName : String; begin with FrmTb2 do begin if ReadIniBoolean(IniCfg,'FTP','UseFtpDaly') then begin Ftp.Host := ReadIniStr(IniCfg,'FTP','HostDaly'); Ftp.Port := ReadIniInt(IniCfg,'FTP'...

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end;...

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

What pattern use? How to use these patterns in Delphi XE 3? Developing new
My firwst post here, and i REALLY need yours help... My main objective is to create a _*standard system to register products, clients, sell items, control stock*_, and so on. I want to use *Multi Tier, using Datasnap*, I dont want the classic client-server systems. There are several considerations I would like to discuss: 1 - I really want to do a *GOOD system, using patters* to make easier maintenance. I have read about MVC, saw some examples, but I read examples using Interfaces, and other posts in internet say Interfaces are bad. *MVC is good for this kind of system*? 2 - I wan...

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1....

To use or not to use Delphi

Web resources about - Delphi XE and shaped transparent form - embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using

The Transparent Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Transparent Society (1998) is a non-fiction book by the science-fiction author David Brin in which he forecasts social transparency and some ...

Should EU Governments Be More Transparent, Flexible When Requesting Facebook User Data?
Facebook received about 8,500 requests for user data from governments of countries in the European Union during the first six months of 2013, ...

Transparent (@transparent_tv) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Transparent @ transparent_tv ...

CutOut Studio - Background Eraser, Cut Out Photo : Chop photo and Erase the background to be transparent ...
Get CutOut Studio - Background Eraser, Cut Out Photo : Chop photo and Erase the background to be transparent on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Transparent chemistry glass tubes filled with substances - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Several chemistry tubes made from transparent glass filled either with water or blue and red substances. Some of the recipients have white gradations ...

[Tutorial][Linux] Transparent gnome-terminal HOW TO ( Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, GNOME ) - YouTube ...
After watching this video you will be able to do: - Changing font color, background color - Image as background - Transparent background I dont ...

Jaguar Land Rover reveals transparent pillars
... new technology that will endow motorists with an uninterrupted 360-degree view of their surroundings from the driver's seat. The Transparent ...

Expect a budget full of transparent fudging - Business Spectator
There is just as much massaging of the numbers in Joe Hockey’s recent comments as in any of the budgets that Labor claimed were a 'pathway to ...

Transparent's warmth and intelligence infuses its comedy
x TRANSPARENT **** www.stan.com.au Stan, one of a bevy of new streaming services, launched a month ago with a couple of fabulous pieces of ...

Transparent house - Real Estate - Property and Real Estate - - Perth Now
IT&#8217;s not the type of house where you can do a quick nude rush from the bedroom to the bathroom, in fact it&#8217;s not the kind of house ...