Delphi 2010 TcheckBox transparent?

Any transparent property for Delphi 2010 TCheckBox and TradioButton ?

Thanks.
0
richard
9/1/2009 2:08:49 PM
embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using 2297 articles. 2 followers. Follow

<richard poulin> wrote in message news:157190@forums.codegear.com...

> Any transparent property for Delphi 2010 TCheckBox and TradioButton ?

Nope.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
richard poulin wrote:
> OK thanks - i will wait for 2011 ;)

What exactly do you mean by "transparent" checkbox?  You want it
alpha-blended 50% invisible?

Warren
0
Warren
9/1/2009 8:12:35 PM
> Any transparent property for Delphi 2010 TCheckBox and TradioButton ?

I think you might find the TJvXPCheckbox in the JEDI JVCL, with the
style set to "Office11" would be what you want for the checkbox.

Warren
0
Warren
9/1/2009 8:16:35 PM
> {quote:title=Warren Postma wrote:}{quote}
> richard poulin wrote:
> > OK thanks - i will wait for 2011 ;)
>
> What exactly do you mean by "transparent" checkbox?  You want it
> alpha-blended 50% invisible?
>
> Warren

I mean transparent just like the TLabel is (True or False property).
0
richard
9/1/2009 9:14:24 PM
<richard poulin> wrote in message news:157384@forums.codegear.com...

> I mean transparent just like the TLabel is (True or False property).

TLabel is a TGraphicControl descendant, and thus has to do all of its own
drawing manually, so it can implement transparency as needed.  TCheckBox and
TRadioButton, on the other hand, are TWinControl descendants that wrap
standard Win32 API controls, and thus are subject to whatever capabilities
the OS supports for them (transparency is not one of them).

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:

> > I mean transparent just like the TLabel is (True or False property).
>
> TLabel is a TGraphicControl descendant, and thus has to do all of its
> own drawing manually, so it can implement transparency as needed.
> TCheckBox and TRadioButton, on the other hand, are TWinControl
> descendants that wrap standard Win32 API controls, and thus are
> subject to whatever capabilities the OS supports for them
> (transparency is not one of them).

Hum...
I have Windows Vista Ultimate here, and no transparence for this
controls :)

What is missing is the property Transparent, even it do not works in
old OS.

Cesar Romero
0
Cesar
9/2/2009 12:08:10 AM
"Cesar Romero" <cesar@liws.com.br> wrote in message

> I have Windows Vista Ultimate here, and no transparence for this
> controls :)
>
> What is missing is the property Transparent, even it do not works in
> old OS.

CheckBoxes and RadioButtons do not, and have never, supported transparency
in any OS version.  So there is no point in exposing a Transparent property
that never does anything.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> TLabel is a TGraphicControl descendant, and thus has to do all of its own
> drawing manually, so it can implement transparency as needed.  TCheckBox and
> TRadioButton, on the other hand, are TWinControl descendants that wrap
> standard Win32 API controls, and thus are subject to whatever capabilities
> the OS supports for them (transparency is not one of them).

*TRzCheckBox* from *RAIZE Component* has the transparent property since many years.

+__property bool Transparent+

Indeed, TRzCustomButton is the base class for push buttons, radio buttons, and check boxes in Raize Components.

May be Delphi should do the same ?
0
richard

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Spreadsheet component for use in Delphi VCL 2010
Good day I have been using the Flexcel component for reading and writing Excel spreadsheets in my Delphi VCL projects for some while and have been very happy. Unfortunately, though, a version for use with Excel 2007 format files (.XLSX) has been promised for years now but just never arrives and I have reached a stage where I just have to update some of my software. Can any body suggest alternatives and comment on their experience with these? I have no objection to buying a component although all my programs are for academic use by myself and colleagues/friends so cheaper would...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Free RAD Studio 2010 and Delphi Prism 2011 with purchase of Delphi 2010
Hi All, For those of you who complain that Delphi (and RAD Studio) is too expensive... for a few short weeks there are two overlapping special offers from Embarcadero that you can use to move up to RAD Studio 2010 including the latest Delphi Prism 2011 for the price of a single Delphi 2010 (New User or Upgrade)... The first "RAD Studio PROMO" offer is still valid until June 28th: when you order Delphi 2010, you get RAD Studio 2010 delivered instead (including Delphi 2010, C++Builder 2010 and Delphi Prism 2010). As of May 26th, the "Delphi Prism 2011" of...

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 Transparent
Hi, I'm using Delphi 2010 for the first time and I found a problem, it seem that a TCheckBox back color is normal when I'm on desing time, but it sets to transparent at runtime, is there any property I need to change? The image is on the attachments thks for any help I've found the problem, this is because of the use of DoubleBuffered, that makes the components transparent like the form, why? thks ...

Pchar for PansiChar
hello, I use a DLL developed in D7 and not have the same sources. I will use Delphi 2010 and the functions do not work function TkmInitialize(LOGXMLDIR: PChar; TkmByExt: dWord): dWord; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dll'; function TkmCreateStream(FileName: PChar; Var Stream: dWord; Var Error: dWord): PChar; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dll'; function TkmLogEnd(Stream: dWord; MediaDuration, MediaPosition, MediaType: dWord; MediaName: PChar): dWord; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dll'; function TkmIsTkm(FileName: PChar): Bool; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dl...

Web resources about - Delphi 2010 TcheckBox transparent? - embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using

The Transparent Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Transparent Society (1998) is a non-fiction book by the science-fiction author David Brin in which he forecasts social transparency and some ...

Should EU Governments Be More Transparent, Flexible When Requesting Facebook User Data?
Facebook received about 8,500 requests for user data from governments of countries in the European Union during the first six months of 2013, ...

Transparent (@transparent_tv) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Transparent @ transparent_tv ...

CutOut Studio - Background Eraser, Cut Out Photo : Chop photo and Erase the background to be transparent ...
Get CutOut Studio - Background Eraser, Cut Out Photo : Chop photo and Erase the background to be transparent on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Transparent chemistry glass tubes filled with substances - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Several chemistry tubes made from transparent glass filled either with water or blue and red substances. Some of the recipients have white gradations ...

[Tutorial][Linux] Transparent gnome-terminal HOW TO ( Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, GNOME ) - YouTube ...
After watching this video you will be able to do: - Changing font color, background color - Image as background - Transparent background I dont ...

Jaguar Land Rover reveals transparent pillars
... new technology that will endow motorists with an uninterrupted 360-degree view of their surroundings from the driver's seat. The Transparent ...

Expect a budget full of transparent fudging - Business Spectator
There is just as much massaging of the numbers in Joe Hockey’s recent comments as in any of the budgets that Labor claimed were a 'pathway to ...

Transparent's warmth and intelligence infuses its comedy
x TRANSPARENT **** www.stan.com.au Stan, one of a bevy of new streaming services, launched a month ago with a couple of fabulous pieces of ...

Transparent house - Real Estate - Property and Real Estate - - Perth Now
IT&#8217;s not the type of house where you can do a quick nude rush from the bedroom to the bathroom, in fact it&#8217;s not the kind of house ...