Base64 encode zipped string

Hello Group,

I want to create a set of functions that allows me to do the following:

function CompressAndEncodeString(InString: string): string;
begin
   CompressInString using zip algo or whatever
   Base64 encode compressed Instring and assign to result
end;

and

function RetrieveString(Instring: string): string
begin
   Base64 decode Instring
   Uncompress decodestring and assign to result
end;

Googled for the different parts, but got lost in the complexity.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Willem

--
Willem van Deursen, The Netherlands
wvandeursen_nospam@nospam_carthago.nl

Willem van Deursen wrote:

> CompressAndEncodeS

check your email
0
Dennis

Web resources about - Base64 encode zipped string - embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using

Base64 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The particular choice of character set selected for the 64 characters required for the base varies between implementations. The general rule ...

gnu-pricing/base64 at master · diafygi/gnu-pricing · GitHub
gnu-pricing - Turn GNU command line tools into SaaS (Stupid Hackathon Project)

Error'd: Base64 encoding is actually Finnish?
"Hold up GMail, you mean that Base64 encoding is actually Finnish? Consider my mind blown." wrote Steven Mocking . "It seems the last time I ...

I was asked about base64 vs a sprite image in CSS →
Jake Archibald:With base64 the image data is in the css file, meaning it gets downloaded even if it isn't needed. Eg, if you're using media queries ...

Usenet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A diagram of Usenet servers and clients. The blue, green, and red dots on the servers represent the groups they carry. Arrows between servers ...

Index Librorum Liberorum
Fourmilab Site Map by John Walker Items which span more than one category are listed in all. Questions and Answers New and Improved Search Access ...

Network Solutions WHOIS Firefox and IE Search Plugin/Provider (JavaScript addEngine)
I prefer Network Solutions' WHOIS service over others because it appears to be one of the more complete and accurate WHOIS services available. ...

List all installed and available Perl modules
... UL++ P L++ E- W++ N+ o K- wO M- V- PS++ PE++ Y+ PGP- t 5 X+ R- tv b+ DI+ D+G e h! r y++ END GEEK CODE BLOCK mail: perl -e 'use MIME::Base64; ...

ActBlue — Introduction to the ActBlue Contributions API
A contribution captures a single event that takes place as a result of a source contributing to one or more entities. It is the root object that ...

JSONVid: Pure JavaScript Video Player
My first thought was to read binary video files using a technique like the Andy Na posted about here , figuring that there must be some really ...