Turbopower Async Pro is blocked by Policy Local Cmpuer Policy\Windws Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Right Assignment

If computers have set "Load and unload device drivers" in this key to
Asministrators only, my program will not be able to connect an external
device if I use tApdDataPacket for communication, but if I use
tApdTerminal, everything works ok.

Has anyone any idea what device drivers may be involved here when adding
Users to the group, the program work properly ?

Must be something that is loaded by the packet component? Is this driver
something that could be preinstalled by installation program ?

Onthe other hand, is it normal to do this restriction in policy?

(the computers are university computers used for research work)
0
Alf

Alf Christophersen wrote:
> If computers have set "Load and unload device drivers" in this key to
> Asministrators only, my program will not be able to connect an external
> device if I use tApdDataPacket for communication, but if I use
> tApdTerminal, everything works ok.
>
> Has anyone any idea what device drivers may be involved here when adding
> Users to the group, the program work properly ?
>
> Must be something that is loaded by the packet component? Is this driver
> something that could be preinstalled by installation program ?
>
> Onthe other hand, is it normal to do this restriction in policy?
>
> (the computers are university computers used for research work)

I'm not aware of any device driver required by just the TApdDataPacket
component and not TApdTerminal.  Maybe the TApdDataPacket uses
OoMisc.pas and DelayTicks which uses QueryPerformanceCounter and that is
causing a device driver to be loaded?

What version of APro and Delphi are you using?  What OS is on the computers?

Are you using TApdWinsockPort?  If so are you using TCP/IP or serial?

Are you setting the TApdDataPacket SyncEvents property in code?

Are you using the APro script component?

Sorry for so many questions but grasping for straws.  :)

--
Regards,
Paul Breneman
Paul Breneman wrote:
> I'm not aware of any device driver required by just the TApdDataPacket
> component and not TApdTerminal.  Maybe the TApdDataPacket uses
> OoMisc.pas and DelayTicks which uses QueryPerformanceCounter and that is
> causing a device driver to be loaded?
>
> What version of APro and Delphi are you using?  What OS is on the computers?

I'm using 4.07 of apro and Delphi 2006, am in preparation to test the
version for 2010 released on
http://tib.s.songbeamer.eu/downloads/TurboPowerAsyncPro.zip which
installs ok and compiles ok with my source code.

> Are you using TApdWinsockPort?  If so are you using TCP/IP or serial?
Using serial, tApdComport

> Are you setting the TApdDataPacket SyncEvents property in code?
Yes, I use two tApdDatapacket, one for normal communication which
triggers on Ascii #10 (in sequence #13#10) instead of #13#10 since some
lines are incorrectly terminated.

The other is dynamically programmet and is used for steering the user
through a sequence of date and time entries to reset the meter,

> Are you using the APro script component?
No

> Sorry for so many questions but grasping for straws.  :)
That's ok.

After new year I will test again to see if my now actual problems also
is a combination of different things. Also one computer denies to talk
using USB-based Comport, even if Users are granted the right to load and
unload drivers.
Have to check if it is some problem there with the serial port driver in
addition, so the user will borrow another external device that worked ok
on my computer.

So thx for your comment and may I wish you and everyone else

A MERRY CHRISTMAS !!
0
Alf
12/22/2009 1:59:35 PM
On 16.12.2009 19:59, Paul Breneman wrote:
> Alf Christophersen wrote:
>> If computers have set "Load and unload device drivers" in this key to
>> Asministrators only, my program will not be able to connect an external
>> device if I use tApdDataPacket for communication, but if I use
>> tApdTerminal, everything works ok.
>>
>> Has anyone any idea what device drivers may be involved here when adding
>> Users to the group, the program work properly ?
>>
>> Must be something that is loaded by the packet component? Is this driver
>> something that could be preinstalled by installation program ?
>>
>> Onthe other hand, is it normal to do this restriction in policy?
>>
>> (the computers are university computers used for research work)
>
> I'm not aware of any device driver required by just the TApdDataPacket
> component and not TApdTerminal.  Maybe the TApdDataPacket uses
> OoMisc.pas and DelayTicks which uses QueryPerformanceCounter and that is
> causing a device driver to be loaded?
>
> What version of APro and Delphi are you using?  What OS is on the computers?
>
> Are you using TApdWinsockPort?  If so are you using TCP/IP or serial?
>
> Are you setting the TApdDataPacket SyncEvents property in code?
>
> Are you using the APro script component?
>
> Sorry for so many questions but grasping for straws.  :)

Seem to be a problem with loading some drivers that is specific to Async
Pro.

Could it be that it work on developing machine because AsyncPro_2006.bpl
is installed?

Is installation of the run-time component needed when the program is
compiled with included code ?

On a computer where Delphi and Async Pro is not installed at all, the
program hangs on opening comm port :-(
0
Alf
11/30/2010 1:25:47 PM
Alf Christophersen wrote:

> On a computer where Delphi and Async Pro is not installed at all, the
> program hangs on opening comm port :-(

I'm not aware of any special drivers that should be needed for COM port use.

Have you verified with something else (Windows Terminal etc.) that the COM
port is actually working? I've seen computers with a COM socket in the back,
which was overridden by an internal modem, and thus not functional.

There can also be some other program (telephone software, fax service) that
has already opened the COM port, before you get a chance to try.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD: http://www.blockcad.net
On 30.11.2010 15:24, Anders Isaksson wrote:
> Alf Christophersen wrote:
>
>> On a computer where Delphi and Async Pro is not installed at all, the
>> program hangs on opening comm port :-(
>
> I'm not aware of any special drivers that should be needed for COM port use.
>
> Have you verified with something else (Windows Terminal etc.) that the COM
> port is actually working? I've seen computers with a COM socket in the back,
> which was overridden by an internal modem, and thus not functional.
>
> There can also be some other program (telephone software, fax service) that
> has already opened the COM port, before you get a chance to try.

yes, the comm function ok with Hyper Terminal and the USB commport is
assigned to COM17, far from faxmachine etc.

on my own computer where Delphi is installed, it works ok. Both with
built in COM1 and with USB comm at COM8:

On my Vista computer where Delphi is installed, it works ok.

On another Windows computer, it works if policy editor is able to
install drivers for User account. When only Administrator group may load
drivers, the comm port is locked and program crash.

But on the portable in question, even this don't work.

My IT colleague wonder if the computer may be too old, not upgraded
BIOS, drivers or alike. The computer is 5 year old.

A difference is also, my computer is a Dell Latitute D620 and has a 1.66
GHz CPU while his HP has a 2 GHz CPU, so higher CPU rate may also have
some significance.

So we wonder if we should suggest for him to upgrade to a new computer
with Win 7 :-)
0
Alf

iPrint policy not setting correct security on local printer
This is very confusing so I will try to explain what is happening. OS: Netware 6.5sp8 Nipp: various versions tried (5.40 included) Workstation: XP SP3, Novell Client 4.91sp5 Zenworks: 7.0.1.90917 Deploying printers through workstation iprint policies works great. My bosses wanted to turn on Xerox Standard Accounting on our copiers and start using the accounting features. I created a print driver profile to turn on this option and it looks as if it is working. The user is prompted to put in their account code but the print job fails with an invalid account code page at the pr...

XP Zen User Group Policy not the same as the local Group Policy
Trying to create an XP user policy but when I create it I only get the same options you get for 2K machines. When I look at the local policy via gpedit.msc I have many more options that those displaying through the zen policy, am I missing something? Running Zen 4.01. Thanks in advance ... Hazel Are you edit the policies from an XP machine? -- Jared L Jennings, CNE Novell Support Forums SysOp. http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_nntp.html Posting with XanaNews Reader 1.15.8.5 Geek by Nature, NetWare by Choice. > Actually, no, I do my admin from a ...

Group Policy using local settings?
I've got a weird problem on one particular campus. XPSP1 Novell 4.83 SP2 ZFD 4.0.1b ZFD client dated 07/18/03 At one time we had the start menu setup to only allow classic. I had to since then "disable" it because of a new course that requires both classic and new. That and the control panel. This change works fine on about 1500 of our 1800 PC's. The PC is somehow pulling the old settings. When I bring up WMSCHED it is showing all of the proper actions. If I run WMGRPPOL cleanup action it will erase all of the settings that ZEN has. But if I we...

Workstation policy and user policy
Workstation policy is working well. There are some users that have network printers in odd locations that all other users for their area should not have. I have tried to implement user policy to add these printers but they do not seem to pop up. Is the WS policy blowing out the user policy? Im not sure what the matter is. Thanks Maybe you should try asking in the ZENworks forums. -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums ...

Local Security Policies
Hi everybody, Anyone Knows how to change the Windows security policies from .NET code. Are there any .NET classes for doing it? Or is necessary use any Windows API? I would appreciatte some code example. I want to change the Local Security Policies (User Rights Assignments), for giving the ASPNET user, for "Act as part of operating system". This is for impersonation problem in Windows 2000. Thks in advance. ...

local security policy
Situation : Sophos anti-virus deployed on a few hundred workstations. All workstations have an update account for the anti-virus product to login to edirectory to update itself. This local user must have the right to logon as a service. If I add this right to this user and reboot the workstation then after the reboot it still has this right. (Which is very logical :)) Now I install the zenworks management agent. After a reboot the sophos user lost the right to logon as a service. There are no user/workstation policies associated with the context of the edirectory user. If I...

Security Policy setting for ASPNet user in .Net 1.1
How would I change the security policy in web.config file for ASPNet user in .Net Framework 1.1, so that this user has the right to create a custom event log and also custom event log sources? This would allow creation of custom event logs in a dynamic manner through .Net code. Normally, only an admin user can create new custom event logs on a machine and if you try to create a custom log or source in code using methods in EventLog class, then the method fails because the ASPNet user under whom the code is executing does not have permission to create the event log.    s...

The Group Policy setting, prevents the MMC to configure the Group Policy.
Hi, I've the same problem/situation as described in TID 10088881, The Group Policy setting GROUP POLICY SNAPIN set to disable, prevents the MMC to configure the Group Policy. I didn't tried the fix (yet) mentioned because there also is a refence to new files which also fixes this situation. The files mentioned are WmPolicies.jar and WmApi.dll both files should be in the beta zfd401_ir4.exe but I can't find them in the interm release package of zfd4. Is there something I overlooked..?? -- Louis G�hl Ziekenhuis de Tjongerschans Heerenveen The Netherlands ...

How do you set Local Printer Settings if user is on the Internet
I am evaluating the WDK 2.0 version and can't seem to understand how to configure the client pc's printer to work if they are connected to us via the Internet connection. I need to know how to configure the Client to print on his local printer, who is connected via the internet. Dan Bailes I attempted to add the shared resouces drive letter on the client. Ran the application and attempted to print. Still getting need to setup default printer error message which I do have a default printer already setup. Check that the server has an Admin id setup for "WDKPrintA...

Localized nightlys vs. localization trademark policy
Hi all, I've got one question; some time ago, when Thunderbird weekly builds were released regulary i was translating and publicating them on my personal web site. I wasn't compiling them, they were simple official builds from mozilla FTP server, but localized to polish. There was a note on my site, saying that these builds are test builds, not final, and they might be unstable. The only reason for them to exist in localized form was to let people, who were curious about new features in Thunderbird and have reconciled with risk, to test those new features in program ...

Dynamic Local User Policy
I am trying to get rid of the windows authentication prompt at login. I was told that there was some kind of Dynamic User Policy Package that could be snapped in to allow this package option. Can you please give some advise? Thank You This requires Novell ZENworks. Do you have ZENworks? At one point in time there was a free version, but it has not been support for many years. (7 or 8 if I had to gueess.) -- Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop Novell does not officially monitor these forums. Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by ...

dynamic local user policies
First let me say that I am not an admin guru. I teach at a small school and have inherited the network admin business because I know a little more than the other teachers. Now here's the problem, we just got 25 new Dell 170's with XP Pro operating system. I installed Novell client 4.90SP2. I can log in as admin and see what I need/should, bypassing the windows workstation login screen. When I log in as a teacher or student, it takes me to the windows workstation login but will not accept the password. I don't want to have to install all users on each computer. I ...

Local IP Security Policies
Hi, I've seen mentioned in a few postings on this newsgroup regarding configuring the Local IP Security Policies to harden/control TCP/UDP further in windows2000. Is there a guide out there on the www that informs end users how to correctly configure these settings. For example, there are plenty of websites out there that tell you how you should configure IE5.5 properly and disbales netbios over TCP etc etc... I do use Zone Alarm Pro, but I would like to get the OS configured in the correct manor first and have peace of mind that its all setup the right way. Your time as...

Password Policy is not set to the users
Hi I have created a Password policy with Microsoft Complexity Rule and assigned it to the employees (ou). But when I set password it doest check with password policy. Even if the user violated the all the conditions, IDV allows the password. Policy details: (Microsoft) min numbers : 1 min cap letters : 1 min small letters : 1 spl chars : 1 Complexity rule : any 3 of the above category Gracelogin : 1 min length : 7 But When I select Novell Complexity Rule, then IDV checks the password and disallows if the password doesnt fit to the conditions. Novell Policy details: mi...

Web resources about - Turbopower Async Pro is blocked by Policy Local Cmpuer Policy\Windws Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Right Assignment - embarcadero.delphi.tools

Visual Component Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations ...

2013 Exhibitor List - Dubai Airshow 2013
The 12th edition of the Dubai Airshow ended on 17 November 2011 and once again the event confirmed its standing as the foremost aerospace event ...

DROID Turbo 2 launches internationally as Moto X Force
In what is certainly the shortest press release I've ever seen, Motorola's official UK handle announced what I've been hoping to hear ever since ...

iPhone 6s Plus vs. Moto X Pure – How does Motorola’s premium phablet compare to the best?
... iPhone 6s Plus, while the Motorola might get me to 1.5 days. But, if you ever want to charge it, the Motorola does so much quicker. With TurboPower, ...

Google Elevates Social From the Search Results Ghetto - Liz Gannes - Social - AllThingsD
Google is making some careful tweaks to weave social signals into searchmost notably, bringing social search results up from the bottom of the ...

Moto X Style announced: 5.7-inch Quad HD, Snapdragon 808 and a whole lot of style
... found on the Moto X Play. With that said, Motorola promises excellent battery life (up to 30h with moderate usage) and the presence of TurboPower ...

Motorola announces the Moto X Style; available in September for $399
Motorola has announced the Moto X Style, a 5.7-inch flagship device that hopes to blend great performance and design.

Moto X Style, Moto 360 now up for pre-order in the UK
Now that Motorola has officially launched the latest Moto phones, we only need to wait for pre-orders to open and for units to start shipping. ...

You can begin ordering your Moto Pure tomorrow beginning @ 2PM CT, shipping 13th Sep
Instagram Twitter Facebook Subscribe to RSS News and Rumors Latests News Google has a beautiful new logo September 1, 2015 Nest releases 3rd ...

Verizon Officially Unveils The DROID Turbo 2 With 'Shatterproof' Screen And Moto Maker, Coming October ...
Previous rumors asserted that a beefed up version of the Moto X Style called the Moto X Force would come to the US as a Verizon exclusive known ...