New Firemonkey Grid Component

We could use your input on our new Firemonkey grid component...

http://arcana.sivv.com/blog/2012/5/11/apesuite-beta-6-preview-demo.html

--
Arcana components for Delphi, Intraweb and Firemonkey
http://arcana.sivv.com

NOTE: The Purchase of Product 'Apesuite (beta) for Delphi Firemonkey (1
year)' contains a recurring charge billed every 360 days.

By clicking the Purchase button and providing your credit or debit card
billing information, you agree that your product subscription will
automatically renew, and you authorize and permit iPortis.com LLC to
bill each product subscription renewal fee to the credit or debit card
you have provided. You may cancel your rebill subscription at any time.
<<<

Hey, I find this a lttle bit odd!

I have no problem with a subscription model, but only as opt-in. That is
how it works with all of my sunscriptions: after a year I am asked if I
want to renew and how much it costs. Then I decide.

In your model I am charged automatically without knowing the price in
advance. Thanks, but: No, thanks!

Sorry, that's not the way to make business with me.

I suggest making this automatism optional.

Uwe Raabe
--
Uwe's Blog: The Art of Delphi Programming <http://www.uweraabe.de/>
0
> {quote:title=Uwe Raabe wrote:}{quote}
> Hey, I find this a lttle bit odd!

> how it works with all of my sunscriptions: after a year I am asked if I
> want to renew and how much it costs. Then I decide.

There should be an option on the purchase page to deselect the auto-renewal.  If you aren't seeing that as an option I'll have to get with the payment processor to make sure that the selection is visible on the order page.

--
Arcana components for Delphi, Intraweb and Firemonkey
http://arcana.sivv.com
0
Jason
5/13/2012 8:19:20 PM
Am 13.05.2012 22:19, schrieb Jason Southwell:
> There should be an option on the purchase page to deselect the auto-renewal.  If you aren't seeing that as an option I'll have to get with the payment processor to make sure that the selection is visible on the order page.

I am not able to find such an option.

Uwe Raabe
--
Uwe's Blog: The Art of Delphi Programming <http://www.uweraabe.de/>
0
Uwe
5/13/2012 8:43:55 PM
> {quote:title=Uwe Raabe wrote:}{quote}
> Am 13.05.2012 22:19, schrieb Jason Southwell:
> > There should be an option on the purchase page to deselect the auto-renewal.  If you aren't seeing that as an option I'll have to get with the payment processor to make sure that the selection is visible on the order page.
>
> I am not able to find such an option.

Already sent a query to iPortis.

--
Arcana components for Delphi, Intraweb and Firemonkey
http://arcana.sivv.com
0
Jason
5/14/2012 1:23:39 AM
Your demo is very slow. It takes almost 12 sec to start. Clicking into the select Font Combobox takes about 2 sec. The footprint is also extremly high. It takes about 250 MB Virtual Size, after the fonts are loaded it has 350 MB VS.

OS: Win7 32-Bit
CPU: Dual Core 2.80 GHz
RAM 2.00 GB
0
Markus
5/15/2012 5:11:28 AM
> {quote:title=Uwe Raabe wrote:}{quote}
> Am 13.05.2012 22:19, schrieb Jason Southwell:
> > There should be an option on the purchase page to deselect the auto-renewal.  If you aren't seeing that as an option I'll have to get with the payment processor to make sure that the selection is visible on the order page.
>
> I am not able to find such an option.
>
> Uwe Raabe
> --
> Uwe's Blog: The Art of Delphi Programming <http://www.uweraabe.de/>

Uwe you can change your billing option if you look up your order on Portis' website.
cheers
0
Alan
5/15/2012 7:03:20 AM
Am 15.05.2012 09:03, schrieb Alan White:
> Uwe you can change your billing option if you look up your order on Portis' website.

Is that after the purchase?

Uwe Raabe
--
Uwe's Blog: The Art of Delphi Programming <http://www.uweraabe.de/>
0
Uwe
5/15/2012 7:31:21 AM
> {quote:title=Markus Ja wrote:}{quote}
> Your demo is very slow. It takes almost 12 sec to start. Clicking into the select Font Combobox takes about 2 sec. The footprint is also extremly high. It takes about 250 MB Virtual Size, after the fonts are loaded it has 350 MB VS.

The slowness at start is due to the new Fill Editor component.  We've already worked around the Firemonkey performance limitation for the Beta 6 release and the demo will start much more quickly.

The Font Combobox slowness is due to a performance limitation in Firemonkey that we won't be working around.  The good news is that you will only see it if you use custom styles, so the component itself will work quickly if you are happy with the default styles.

We are optimizing for speed, not memory.  Firemonkey isn't really a fast framework and we are doing everything we can to make sure a component like this performs quickly enough to be usable.  In a lot of ways, that performance is going to come at the cost of memory.  Having said that, there is probably something that can be done to reduce the memory footprint and we'll spend some time looking at it after the Beta 6 release.

--
Arcana components for Delphi, Intraweb and Firemonkey
http://arcana.sivv.com
0
Jason
5/15/2012 4:31:57 PM
> Your demo is very slow. It takes almost 12 sec to start. Clicking
> into the select Font Combobox takes about 2 sec. The footprint is
> also extremly high. It takes about 250 MB Virtual Size, after the
> fonts are loaded it has 350 MB VS.

+1, about the same times as above, running on i7-950 with 24GB RAM.

In comparison, Excel starts in ~1 second on this machine (your demo
looks like an Excel spreadsheet, hence the comparison).

Oh, and its unfortunate that arrow up/down doesnt move between cells.

--
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]
0
> {quote:title=Uwe Raabe wrote:}{quote}
> Am 15.05.2012 09:03, schrieb Alan White:
> > Uwe you can change your billing option if you look up your order on Portis' website.
>
> Is that after the purchase?
>
> Uwe Raabe
> --
> Uwe's Blog: The Art of Delphi Programming <http://www.uweraabe.de/>

Yes you can opt out of yearly renewal after purchase, don't remember seeing it during purchase, wasn't really paying attention at the time.
0
Alan
5/16/2012 12:41:59 AM
> {quote:title=Eivind Bakkestuen wrote:}{quote}
> +1, about the same times as above, running on i7-950 with 24GB RAM.
>
> In comparison, Excel starts in ~1 second on this machine (your demo
> looks like an Excel spreadsheet, hence the comparison).

Like I said, we've got the startup time much improved for the version that will go out with Beta 6.

> Oh, and its unfortunate that arrow up/down doesnt move between cells.

It does for me.  Can you give me a specific scenario where it is not working? I'd like to get that fixed before release.

--
Arcana components for Delphi, Intraweb and Firemonkey
http://arcana.sivv.com
0
Jason
5/16/2012 4:22:47 AM
> It does for me.  Can you give me a specific scenario where it is not
> working? I'd like to get that fixed before release.

I type something in a cell, then try to arrow up/down. It doesn't
change cell for me.

--
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]
0
> {quote:title=Eivind Bakkestuen wrote:}{quote}
> > It does for me.  Can you give me a specific scenario where it is not
> > working? I'd like to get that fixed before release.
>
> I type something in a cell, then try to arrow up/down. It doesn't
> change cell for me.

Ok.  This is already fixed for beta 6 release.

--
Arcana components for Delphi, Intraweb and Firemonkey
http://arcana.sivv.com
0
Jason

ANN: TMS Pack for FireMonkey v1.5 with new TMS Grid for FireMonkey released
We're very proud to announce the availability of TMS Pack for FireMonkey v1.5 at http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/tmsfmxpack.asp that includes our new TMS Grid for FireMonkey and also a new Outlook style navigation bar and advanced edit controls. Screenshot: http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/img/TMSFMXGridCollection_small.png TMS Grid for FireMonkey feature set: - Fully style-able, customizable and architected from the ground up for FireMonkey - Fully cross platform, support for Win32, Win64, Mac OSX, iOS - High performance: handles >500.000 rows, >10.000 columns witho...

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010!
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 has been released. What's new in version 4.23 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2010 Win32 and C++Builder 2010!!! What's new in version 4.22 ? ====================== - Included printable Developer's Guide in PDF format (227 pages)!!! - TXQRGrid is ready for using with QuickReport 5.0x for Delphi 2009 - Improved Calculator adjusted to InplaceEditor font style and size - Improved Calendar adjusted to InplaceEditor f...

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.2 and X-Files Components 4.2 with support for Delphi & C++Builder 2009 !
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.2 and X-Files Components 4.2 has been released. What's new in version 4.2 ? ===================== - Package for Delphi 2009 Win32 & C++Builder 2009 with support for Unicode!!! - Some minor bugs fixed What's new in version 4.12 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2007 for .NET is now available!!! - Package for Delphi 2007 Win32 & C++Builder 2007 with Update 3!!! Notice. Update 3 for Delphi/C++Builder 2007 is required to install version 4.12....

[...]

ANN: New Firemonkey Components
Apesuite Beta 5 has been released and adds 3 new Firemonkey controls. *TFlowLayout* - A container control that automatically repositions its children such that they wrap to a new row or column if it extends the bounds of the container. *TLightbox* - A container control that shows it's children in a modal web-style semi-transparent lightbox. The container can hold any Firemonkey control or multiple controls and is completely configurable via Firemonkey styles. *TListControl* - A TListBox implementation that fixes bugs in the TListBox control that comes with Firemonkey, specificall...

Re: ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010!
On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 11:41:38 -0700, Krzysztof Szyszka wrote: Please don't advertise here. Moved to third-party.general https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=24038 -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com ...

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010! #2
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 has been released. What's new in version 4.23 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2010 Win32 and C++Builder 2010!!! What's new in version 4.22 ? ====================== - Included printable Developer's Guide in PDF format (227 pages)!!! - TXQRGrid is ready for using with QuickReport 5.0x for Delphi 2009 - Improved Calculator adjusted to InplaceEditor font style and size - Improved Calendar adjusted to InplaceEditor f...

ANN: New Firemonkey Components [Edit]
Check out what is cooking for the Beta 6 release of Apesuite... http://arcana.sivv.com/blog/2012/5/3/apesuite-beta-6-preview-and-sivv-support-site.html -- Arcana components for Delphi, Intraweb and Firemonkey http://arcana.sivv.com Edited by: Jason Southwell on May 3, 2012 3:55 PM From your website: "Your purchase includes source code and updates for a period of one year." The one year period start with the release of version 1 or it include the beta testing time? > {quote:title=Jason Southwell wrote:}{quote} > Check out what is cooking for the Beta 6 rel...

Adding New Components to Tool Palette
I just installed TMS ASync32 package in Builder2009. I can view the components in the packet when I go to Components->Install Packages, then click the Component button with the TMS ASync32 packet Highlighted. My question is, how do I add these components to the tool Palette? Thanks Clint <Clint Clark> wrote in message news:26905@forums.codegear.com... > I just installed TMS ASync32 package in Builder2009. I can view > the components in the packet when I go to Components->Install > Packages, then click the Component button with the TMS ASync32 > packet Highl...

ProfGrid grid component for Delphi XE5
Is there a version of the ProfGrid grid component for Delphi XE5? I have an older version of the TProfGrid component for BDS2006, and need to upgrade the application to XE5. It appears that ProGrid has closed its doors, and is not available anymore. Where could I find a version of the TProfGrid for XE5? If it doesn't exist, is there a version for XE2 that would get me closer to working with XE5 than my current BDS2006 version? Thank you. ...

How to make icon for new component in delphi XE?.
Hello I have made some new component in Delphi XE, and i will like to also make some icon for this components. Is there some tutorial about this???. Best regards Sofus > {quote:title=Guest wrote:}{quote} > Hello > I have made some new component in Delphi XE, and i will like to also make some icon for this components. > Is there some tutorial about this???. Try posting your question in the VCL-Writing Components forum at https://forums.embarcadero.com/forum.jspa?forumID=96 In fact, you might try reading or searching the posts in that group; I know this quest...

NEW NEW NEW
hi I have a huge form to build on an asp.net page with multiple fields  that come from and also connect to (postback=true) 10 different tables{database is access for now } .which controls would be helpful please suggest. Also how about usign infopath to build forms and hosting it on iis is it feasible..please advice. Thanks in advance Environment: Visual studio 2005 ,iis webserver,ms access,Thanks to all the PROS who are helping other developers.. Hi, For ASP.NET 2.0 Hosting purpose I am currently using GoDaddy.com. And satisfied with the service.RegardsKuldeep Deokule&nbs...

.net component to Delphi component ?
Hello, Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? Thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com Marc Rohloff wrote: > On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > >> Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? > > http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. > I was hoping for a free tool but thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008...

Web resources about - New Firemonkey Grid Component - embarcadero.delphi.tools

firemonkeys - iMore