MSI installer

What do you recommend for a free tool for creating a MSI installer? It is a
very simple setup, nothing fancy.

And don't suggest innosetup, I already use that one, but a single customer
wants MSI.
0
Uffe

> {quote:title=Uffe Kousgaard wrote:}{quote}
> What do you recommend for a free tool for creating a MSI installer? It is a
> very simple setup, nothing fancy.
>
> And don't suggest innosetup, I already use that one, but a single customer
> wants MSI.

File this as bookmarked but not tried/used:

Caphyon Advanced Installer
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/feats-list.html#free
0
Bob
2/13/2009 1:51:49 PM
I have a friend who uses WIX just fine.

http://wix.sourceforge.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiX

/Matthew Jones/
0
Matthew
2/13/2009 3:33:09 PM
Uffe Kousgaard wrote:
> What do you recommend for a free tool for creating a MSI installer? It is a
> very simple setup, nothing fancy.
>
> And don't suggest innosetup, I already use that one, but a single customer
> wants MSI.
Haven't tried it, but looks interesting.....

http://dennisbareis.com/makemsi.htm

Mike
0
Mike
2/13/2009 5:38:53 PM
Matthew Jones schreef:

> I have a friend who uses WIX just fine.
>
> http://wix.sourceforge.net/
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiX

I fully agree, there's a learning curve, but WIX is excellent and free
and open source. Borland/Codegear/Embarcadero should have switched to
Wix instead of adopting Installaware.

But you need Visual Studio ...

Danny
---
0
Danny
2/14/2009 7:33:02 PM
<Bob Esss> wrote in message news:81036@forums.codegear.com...

> Caphyon Advanced Installer
> http://www.advancedinstaller.com/feats-list.html#free

I went for this one and it works fine so far.
0
Uffe
2/15/2009 1:47:38 PM
re:

> And don't suggest innosetup, I already use that one, but a single customer
> wants MSI.

Well, the customer is always right, so how about creating ...

MSI.EXE

:)
0
Mat

How to include 2 installers(msi) in one installer(msi)?
I have made two installers for two different applications ie. msi files. Now I want to make a single .msi file which  installs these two applications. Any help is appreciated. Regards Regards,N@vEeD Kh@N You can create a master MSI then executes the 2 other MSIs.  Currently I am doing the way you suggested. It will install the things.But how the uninstall will performed.If the user uninstall the mater Setup then it should uninstall the child installers too.How this will work? Regards,N@vEeD Kh@N here is a Good Articlehttp://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/Ins...

Install LMD-Tools in Delphi 2009
After running Delphi-2009 with success on my current Delphi-5 projects, I installed LMD-Tools special edition (Delphi) ID# 25868 from the partner-DVD. Therafter some of my projects did compile with lot of warnings W1025 and also a fatal error F2051 Unit Chart .... Menus.TPopupMenus ... so could not test some changes. But after deleting the path from the library all runs fine. I think thats a a very bad partner-software, which should not packed on a partner-DVD. Friedrich ...

Tools, Tools, Tools
</quot> Couple useful things for IT admins out there. I've packaged up Werner and Feder's PoC scanner via py2exe here. You can now simply run: </end_quot> http://www.doxpara.com/ -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

(1) MSI installs to my local "web" (2) config problems (3) strange VS installer while creating MSI
Thanks for any help on the following three issues:(1) When I put the MSI that I generated on my FTP server, it tries to install to the virtual web directory from whence it came on my local machine. (2) I then put a copy of the project directory on the web server. When I ran some of the controls on the first page, I received errors (see below) possibly having to do with web.config, but the description is so vague it's hard for me to tell. I did as I understood the instructions below but I'd appreciate resources. All references to deploying projects didn't ...

MSI installer only installs aspx and web config
hiya, I created an MSI installer prog at home last night and installed at the  office today.It only installed: 1) aspx 2) web config etc. It didn't install the code behind or the solution files.(I had wanted to work on the project today)I assume that I can't somehow alter the MSI so that it installs ALL the files?(obviously, all the source code and solution files are at home)Do I have to wait till I get home tonight and "recreate " the MSI, so that it installs  all the files? Can someone confirm / deny? many thanks, yogibuy an old van and drive round oz. hiy. OK, ...

MSI installer for AD domain wide agent install
Book instructions state that "MSI installer can be edited to include the Patch Management Server name and serial number. In this way, agents can be deployed through the use of Group Policy Objects." Where can I go to modify the above. I have, on my own made a MSI package w/ Winstall LE but wanted to use the MSI on the CD/extracted files for better deployments. I have over 3500 to deploy to. Please help. Ozesati, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has yo...

Create MSI installer that Installs as Web Site in IIS
 Hi all, I have used Visual Studio to create an MSI package of my web site, in order to deploy it on my application server. This package installs my site as a Default Web Site in IIS.  Is there any way to create a packagethat installs my site as a new Web site in IIS (i.e. not under Default Web Site)? Much ado about nothing Hi, Web Setup project installs the website into default virtual directory such as "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot". If we want to install the website to another location, we can create Custom Action to create virtual directory that is specified by &q...

ANN: wxForms for Delphi

MSI Installation
I am trying to determine if the MSI I am trying unsuccessfully to install is defective. Here are the specs., ZFD4 onto W2K machines that only have the Management Agent, from a NW6 sp3 server. I can install other MSI's under the same configuration, which leads me to believe that there is something wrong with the MSI. However, I don't know anything about how MSI applications are built. So when I call the software vendor I need to have some ammo. It would be a no brainer for me if the MSI didn't work at all, but this is not the case. The MSI works through ZEN if it...

Updated MSI files
After the 10.0.1 update, I expected the new 10.0.1 MSI's to appear in the Program files\Novell\ZENworks\Install\downloads\msi folder, but they did not. Am I wrong to expect the old files to be updated in this location? I found them in two other locations on the server (which is a bit of a waste of space): Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\cache and work\system-update. -- same here my zenworks-setup has also not been updated with agents for 10.0.1... anyway to solve this ? Marc "Michael Stewart" <mdstewar@cityofdenton.com> wrote in message news:glLPi.1...

Web resources about - MSI installer - embarcadero.delphi.tools

Installer Institute - Car Audio Installation and Mobile Electronics Education
The Installer Institute is a school for car audio installation training offering MESA certification. The leader in Mobile Electronics Installation ...

Anaconda (installer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anaconda is the installer for Red Hat Enterprise Linux , Oracle Linux , Scientific Linux , CentOS and Fedora . Anacondas are lizard -eating ...

Alarm.com MobileTech Tool for Installers on the App Store on iTunes
Get Alarm.com MobileTech Tool for Installers on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Xposed Installer Alpha 2 & Pop-Up Videos– XDA Xposed Tuesday - YouTube
The Xposed Framework on Android 5.0 Lollipop is getting closer and closer to a final release. When that will happen, no one is quite sure. But, ...

Kevin Rudd told insulation program 'on track' until four installers dead
The Rudd government cabinet was told the home insulation program was "on track" just one day before the death of the first installer, it has ...

VKMusic4 - Apple Macs Get Malicious Fake Installer Trojan Virus
Apple computers are now the target of a fake installer that tacks hidden fees onto mobile phone account bills.

Kevin Rudd 'deeply sorry' for the deaths of insulation installers
UPDATE 4.40pm: PRIME Minister Kevin Rudd says he is deeply sorry about the deaths of installers working on the Federal Government's home insulation ...

Image Editor GIMP Abandons SourceForge Over Adware-Wrapped Installers
... software decides it no longer wants anything to do with you. This... The tipping point was the introduction of their own SourceForge Installer ...

Home insulation scheme crippled by dodgy installers: Greg Combet
Former climate change minister Greg Combet faced unscrupulous installers trying to defraud the government even as he was trying to wind down ...

Lloyd Rayney phone-tapping trial: Fingerprints on roof manhole match alleged installer of bugging equipment ...
Two fingerprints on a manhole cover from the home of Lloyd Rayney match those of the man he is alleged to have paid to install phone-bugging ...