Delphi embedded Database with Pivot

Hello,

We currently have a database app that works with Microsoft SQL Server. We want to have the option of switching to a native Delphi database to ease deployment issues.

All our code is standard SQL, except for the call to the PIVOT command, which we need, and seems specific to SQL server. Do any of the native delphi databases have commands similar to Pivot?

Thanks,
Dave

David

David Novo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We currently have a database app that works with Microsoft SQL Server. We
> want to have the option of switching to a native Delphi database to ease
> deployment issues.
>
> All our code is standard SQL, except for the call to the PIVOT command,
> which we need, and seems specific to SQL server. Do any of the native delphi
> databases have commands similar to Pivot?

I doubt that nay of them have, surely NexusDB hasn't. That said though you can
very easilyt extend SQL in NexusDB and add your own PIVOT implementation as
Pascal/Delphi code and register it into the SQL engine. The soon to be
released V3 even allows you to add such functions as PascalScript and/or .NET
SQL extension.

Hannes
11/14/2008 2:35:56 AM
> {quote:title=David Novo wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> We currently have a database app that works with Microsoft SQL Server. We want to have the option of switching to a native Delphi database to ease deployment issues.
>
> All our code is standard SQL, except for the call to the PIVOT command, which we need, and seems specific to SQL server. Do any of the native delphi databases have commands similar to Pivot?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
>
> --

Why you don't use Firebird with something like Fast Cube http://fast-report.com/en/products/fast-cube.html ?
0
Hugues
11/16/2008 3:02:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I can give that a try!

David
12/15/2008 9:28:05 PM
David Novo wrote,

> > Do any of the native
> > delphi databases have commands similar to Pivot?

Hugues Van Landeghem replied,

> Why you don't use Firebird with something like Fast Cube
> http://fast-report.com/en/products/fast-cube.html ?

How does FastCube compare with ExpressPivotGrid?  Has anyone tried
either or both, and care to offer comments?
0
Kevin
3/28/2009 2:57:15 PM
I've played with the VCL demos since I have a subscription, but haven't used it in a project yet.  I plan on using their .NET pivot grid in the project I'm working on now when I get to the reporting stuff.  Both seem very powerful and straightforward to use.  I have FastReports but never played with FastCube.  I see they have it working on Lazarus in Carbon in the screenshots section.  That makes it very interesting for me.  They may have a sale soon...

-Ron
0
Ron

ANN: wxForms for Delphi

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Transferring Delphi 5 BDE code to Delphi 2006 Nexus Embedded server code
In an application where I have used BDE in Delphi 5 I would like to transfer the whole project to Nexus Embedded server that in general implies mostly exchanging tTable with tnxTable etc. But, in a procedure I regenerate indexes using dbiRegenIndexes(basehandler). This function seems not to be supported anymore, so I just wonder if such a call is needed at all in Nexus Embedded Server, and if needed, what is now the correct syntax ?? I don't know the answer to your question but if you can't find answers here you may like to know that nexus db have there own free newsgr...

Tool for making a database of all global identifiers in a Delphi project
Hi, I am still using Delphi 7 so I don't know if what I am enquiring about already exists in later versions of Delphi. Is there a (preferably free) tool which will take a Delphi project as input and output all global identifiers (units, types, classes, functions, procedures etc.) into a SQL database, to enable records to be kept on each of these items? It should also output dependency links to the database, e.g. links between units. Such a tool is something that conceptually should be quite easy to implement - it's just a matter of parsing all the source files listed in the pr...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi and virus, or virus and Delphi.

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Web resources about - Delphi embedded Database with Pivot - embarcadero.delphi.tools

GNOME Mobile & Embedded Initiative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... about the topic. If notability cannot be established, the article is likely to be merged , redirected , or deleted . The GNOME Mobile & Embedded ...

Facebook To Page Admins: Link Share Posts Draw More Engagement Than Embedded Links
Facebook’s latest advice to page administrators focused on declining organic reach involves the way they share links . continued… New Career ...

Embedded Posts Now Available to Everyone
We introduced Embedded Posts in July to make it easy for publishers to add any public post from Facebook to their blog or web site. Today, we're ...

Facebook gives embedded posts a visual renovation
Post by ESPN . Facebook rolled out embedded posts last year , and today the company has announced a more aesthetic redesign . Now, photos and ...

Embedded.com (@embedded_com) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Embedded.com @ embedded_com ...

Rich photo experience now in embedded Tweets - Twitter Blogs
Every day, publishers and journalists all over the world share the best of Twitter with their readers by embedding Tweets in their articles. ...

Embedded Timelines - Twitter Developers
Overview Embeddable timelines make it easy to syndicate any public Twitter timeline to your website with one line of code. Just like timelines ...

Embedded Systems Design - LinkedIn
Embedded Systems Design was created specifically to meet the information needs of the senior-level developers who create complex embedded systems. ...

App Store - Embedded Computing Design
Get Embedded Computing Design on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

VIA Embedded booth digital home - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Stylish, discreet digital home automation, security and entertainment solutions on show at the VIA Embedded booth at Computex 2009