Delphi component for computing general linear mixed models ??

Are there any statistical software available for Delphi for computing
General linear mixed models so that having a data sampler and analyser
also may run statistics directly on group of humans observed pr minute
basis that should be compared together ??
0
Alf
9/15/2009 12:37:58 PM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.tools
📃 5366 articles.
⭐ 3 followers.

💬 8 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1244 Views

For you old-timers here is a hint as to what the subject is about:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22General+linear+mixed+models%22
--JohnH
0
John
9/15/2009 1:55:45 PM
Have you looked at http://www.dewresearch.com/ which has some useful code for that
sort of thing?
/Matthew Jones/
0
Matthew
9/15/2009 2:01:08 PM
Alf Christophersen wrote:
> Are there any statistical software available for Delphi for computing
> General linear mixed models so that having a data sampler and analyser
> also may run statistics directly on group of humans observed pr minute
> basis that should be compared together ??
SDL (http://www.lohninger.com/sdlindex.html) has components for advanced
math and statistics.  The website mentions linear regression among the
many things it can do, but doesn't specifically mention mixed models.
I've got the Light version for the D2009 partner CD installed, but
haven't had time to properly play with it yet.  Since I has SAS as well,
it's likely I'll never need/use SDL, but it's nice to have just in case.
--
Jon Purvis
Wildlife Data Analyst
Matthew Jones wrote:
> Have you looked at http://www.dewresearch.com/ which has some useful code for that
> sort of thing?
>
> /Matthew Jones/
Thanx. This seem like what I'm looking after, doing statistics on time
series of human activity comparing said athletes with said obese people
and other statistics.
I'' check with stat. dep.
0
Alf
9/15/2009 4:17:38 PM
Jon Purvis wrote:
> Alf Christophersen wrote:
>> Are there any statistical software available for Delphi for computing
>> General linear mixed models so that having a data sampler and analyser
>> also may run statistics directly on group of humans observed pr minute
>> basis that should be compared together ??
>
> SDL (http://www.lohninger.com/sdlindex.html) has components for advanced
> math and statistics.  The website mentions linear regression among the
> many things it can do, but doesn't specifically mention mixed models.
> I've got the Light version for the D2009 partner CD installed, but
> haven't had time to properly play with it yet.  Since I has SAS as well,
> it's likely I'll never need/use SDL, but it's nice to have just in case.

Thx. I'll have a look. Nice anyway to maybe have access to different
packages in statistical analysis in case our stat. dep. finds that using
Delphi might be of interest compared to 'r' as used today.
0
Alf
9/15/2009 4:18:49 PM
Hi Alf,
I haven't gone into what they offer, but maybe this will help:
http://www.esbconsult.com
--
Girish Patil
Gnostice Information Technologies
"Alf Christophersen" <alf.christophersen@medisin.uio.no> wrote in message
> Are there any statistical software available for Delphi for computing
> General linear mixed models so that having a data sampler and analyser
> also may run statistics directly on group of humans observed pr minute
> basis that should be compared together ??
0
Girish
9/19/2009 1:21:52 PM
Girish Patil wrote:
> Hi Alf,
>
> I haven't gone into what they offer, but maybe this will help:
> http://www.esbconsult.com

Thx for pointer, but it seems like the packages are stand-alone
packages, not meant for building into a Delphi program where the Delphi
program reads some big sets of time-dependent observations (motion and
body position) and do different integrations which is then put into the
model and statistics can be done for an arbitrary amount of persons in
each group that should be compared, like fat vs slim people, children vs
  adults etc. etc.
0
Alf
9/21/2009 3:02:07 PM
Well, I'm not sure if their libraries do what you want, but they do have
stats/math libraries that can be integrated into a Delphi program.
--
> Girish Patil wrote:
>> Hi Alf,
>>
>> I haven't gone into what they offer, but maybe this will help:
>> http://www.esbconsult.com
>>
> Thx for pointer, but it seems like the packages are stand-alone
> packages, not meant for building into a Delphi program where the Delphi
> program reads some big sets of time-dependent observations (motion and
> body position) and do different integrations which is then put into the
> model and statistics can be done for an arbitrary amount of persons in
> each group that should be compared, like fat vs slim people, children vs
>  adults etc. etc.
0
Girish