ANN: Parallel Sort library version 3.3 [Edit]

Hello,

My Parallel Sort library was updated to version 3.3, my new parallel sort algorithm has become more cache-aware, and i have done some benchmarks with my new parallel algorithm and it has given up to 5X scalability on a Quadcore when sorting strings, other than that i have cleaned more the code and i think my parallel Sort library has become a more professional and industrial parallel Sort library , you can be confident cause i have tested it thoroughly and no bugs have showed , so i hope you will be happy
 with my new Parallel Sort library.

I have also included a "test.pas" example, just compile first the  "gendata.pas" inside the zip file and run it first, after that compile the "test.pas" example and run it and do your benchmarks.

You can download my new Parallel Sort library version 3.3 from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-sort-library

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Jan 1, 2015 6:01 PM

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Jan 1, 2015 6:03 PM
0
Amine

Hello,

As i have told you , my new parallel Sort algorithm has become more cache-aware, and since it has become more cache-aware it has induced a super linear speedup and super linear scalability when using more cores and more L2 caches, i have done some benchmarks on my Quadcore that uses two L2 caches and it has given a super linear speedup of 5X scalability on my Quadcore when sorting strings even though i am using only 4 cores, that's easy to understand cause when you use only one thread it will use only one
 L2 cache, but when you use more threads on multiple cores and with multiple L2 caches it will use more L2 caches and it will parallelize the access to those multiple L2 caches , this is why my new parallel algorithm has given a super linear speedup when sorting strings.

So be happy with my new parallel Sort library...

You can download my new Parallel Sort library version 3.3 from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-sort-library

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Jan 1, 2015 6:53 PM

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Jan 1, 2015 7:16 PM
0
Amine

ANN: Parallel Sort library version 3.3 [Edit] #2
Hello, My Parallel Sort library was updated to version 3.3, my new parallel sort algorithm has become more cache-aware, and i have done some benchmarks with my new parallel algorithm and it has given up to 5X scalability on a Quadcore when sorting strings, other than that i have cleaned more the code and i think my parallel Sort library has become a more professional and industrial parallel Sort library , you can be confident cause i have tested it thoroughly and no bugs have showed , so i hope you will be happy with my new Parallel Sort library. I have also included a "test.pa...

ANN: Parallel Sort library version 3.3 [Edit] #2
Hello.... My Parallel Sort library version 3.3 is here: https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-sort-library As i have told you , my new parallel Sort algorithm has become more cache-aware, and since it has become more cache-aware it has induced a super linear speedup and super linear scalability when using more cores and more L2 caches, i have done some benchmarks on my Quadcore that uses two L2 caches and it has given a super linear speedup of 5X scalability on my Quadcore when sorting strings even though i am using only 4 cores, that's easy to understand cause when ...

ANN: Parallel Sort library version 3.3
Hello.... My Parallel Sort library version 3.3 is here: https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-sort-library As i have told you , my new parallel Sort algorithm has become more cache-aware, and since it has become more cache-aware it have induced a super linear speedup and super linear scalability when using more cores and more L2 caches, i have done some benchmarks on my Quadcore that uses two L2 caches and it has given a super linear speedup of 5X scalability on my Quadcore when sorting strings even though i am using only 4 cores, that's easy to understand cause when...

ANN: Parallel Sort library version 3.3
Hello, My Parallel Sort library was updated to version 3.3, my new parallel sort algorithm has become more cache-aware, and i have done some benchmarks on my new parallel algorithm and it has given up to 5X scalability on a Quadcore when sorting strings, other than that i have cleaned more the code and i think my parallel Sort library has become a more professional and industrial parallel Sort library , you can be confident cause i have tested it thoroughly and no bugs have showed , so i hope you will be happy w ith my new Parallel Sort library. I have also included a "test.pas&...

ANN: Parallel Compression Library 3.3 and Parallel archiver 2.2 [Edit]
Hello, Parallel Compression Library was updated to version 3.3 and Parallel archiver was updated to version 2.2 I have stress tested all the day my Parallel archiver and my parallel compression library, and i have discovered a bug that i have corrected , and i have also optimized them more and now parallel LZMA compression have the same speed as the parallel compression LZMA of 7Zip.. i have also cleaned more the code and i can tell you now that Parallel archiver and Parallel Compression library are very stable now, you can really be confident with both my Parallel archiver and ...

[ANN] Parallel Sort library version 3.32
Hello, I have updated my Parallel Sort library to version 3.32, i have just corrected a minor bug and i have stress tested it and it i think it is now really stable. You can download my Parallel Sort library version 3.32 from: https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-sort-library But don't forget to put the "cmem" unit as the first unit in your "uses" statement when you want to use my Parallel Sort library with the Delphi graphical user interface, that's mandatory, and that's mandatory also with my other parallel libraries. Than...

ANN: Parallel compression library version 3.33 [Edit]
Hello, My Parallel compression library was updated to version 3.33, like in design by contract, i have added preconditions to the methods etc. You can download Parallel compression library 3.33 from: https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-compression-library Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane. Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Apr 19, 2015 11:28 AM ...

ANN: Parallel Sort library was ported to Delphi XE versions [Edit]
Hello, I have ported my Parallel Sort library to the delphi XE versions on the Win32 and Win64 platforms... Since i have only a computer with a Quadcore, i have tried to do a scalability prediction of my Parallel Sortt library using the Amdahl equation and the numbers are good, and since i have completly parallelized the sorting part and the merging part, my Parallel Sort library is more scalable than my Parallel Quicksort library since on the parallel quicksort you can not completly parallelize the partition() procedure and you will still have a serial part in the partition() proced...

ANN HTML Library 3.3 released [Edit]
HTML Library 3.3 released (registered users will receive notification soon.) What's new 1. Drag and drop from explorer. 2. Drag and drop from browser and MS Office applications. 3. Improved image moving and resizing. 4. Touch support for VCL applications - pan, zoom, text selection. 5. Ctrl+wheel zoom for all HtPanels. 6. Add symbol dialog. 7. Improved font combo - hint with font name and selected text, highlighted document fonts. 8. Document index and navigation (autocreated). 9. Text search divided by topics. 10. Visible pagebreaks and different page orientation. 11. Med...

ANN: Parallel Sort library 3.1
Hello, Parallel Sort Library 3.1 Author: Amine Moulay Ramdane Description: Parallel Sort Library that supports Parallel Quicksort, Parallel HeapSort and Parallel MergeSort on Multicores systems. Parallel Sort Library uses my Thread Pool Engine and sort many array parts - of your array - in parallel using Quicksort or HeapSort or MergeSort and after that it finally merge them - with the merge() procedure - In the previous parallelsort version i have parallelized only the sort part, but in this new parallelsort version i have parallelized also the merge procedure part and it ...

ANN: Parallel archiver version 3.1 is here... [Edit]
Hello.. Parallel archiver version 3.1 is here... I have optimized more my Parallel archiver, now in this new version 3.1, the loading of the index is done 3X times faster than before, and i have done a benchmark with my new Parallel archiver version 3.1 and i have noticed that it can load now an index of 80000 files in about 9.5 seconds on an SSD drive, that's really fast ! so i think that this new version 3.1 has attain now a good quality and it can be considered an industrial library now and i think that it's now a stable version, so i think that you can be confident with...

ANN: Parallel compression library version 3.34
Hello, Parallel compression library was updated to version 3.34, now parallel bzip supports compiling to 64 bit binary... Here is more information about my Parallel compression library: Parallel LZO supports Windows 32 bit and 64 bit Parallel Gzip supports Windows 32 bit and 64 bit Parallel LZ4 supports Windows 32 bit and 64 bit Parallel LZMA is Windows 32 bit and 64bit Parallel Bzip is Windows 32 bit and 64bit Parallel LZ is Windows 32 bit and 64bit But even if you compile it for 32bit , my Parallel compression library will support Terabytes files even with 32 ...

ANN: Parallel compression library version 3.33
Hello, My Parallel compression library was updated to version 3.33, like in design by contract, i have added preconditions to the methods etc. You can download Parallel compression 3.33 from: https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-compression-library Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane. ...

Web resources about - ANN: Parallel Sort library version 3.3 [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.tools

Parallel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does the opportunity to lead a parallel life online mean we are more likely to cheat?
Here's the bad news: According to some experts, you're more likely to find yourself with a cheating partner these days.

Woman accusing Daw of rape was teased over parallels with novel
Being made fun of by classmates when they studied a novel in 2007 led woman who accuses former AFL player of raping her to report the incident ...

Harper review: Government faces stoush with authors over removal of parallel book imports
The Turnbull government is set for a fiery showdown with some of Australia's most popular authors over its plan to loosen restrictions on book ...

The Best Black Friday Games/Apps Deals: 2Do, MacID, Pixelmator, Infinity Blade, Kingdom Rush, Parallels ...
... Rush Origins: $1 (Reg. $3) iPad: Kingdom Rush Frontiers HD: $3 (Reg. $5) iPad: Kingdom Rush Origins HD: $3 (Reg. $5) Mac Apps: Mac: Parallels ...

Kindle for iOS gets social sharing features, parallel downloads
... it is nevertheless nice to see Amazon take advantage of Appleā€™s mobile platform through integrating sharing in this way. Kindle for iOS. Parallel ...

LLVM to get FORTRAN compiler that targets parallel GPUs in clusters
... NVIDIA that would be enhancing the LLVM compiler collection. The goal will be to port an existing FORTRAN compiler that targets massively parallel ...

Windows 10 on Mac: Boot Camp vs Parallels
... run Windows 10 on a Mac there are really only two options worth considering: a native install using Boot Camp or virtualization through Parallels. ...

5 Reasons Why Parallel Parenting Works Better Than Co-Parenting
... to have a co-parenting relationship with my ex. I stumbled upon an article over at the Huffington Post that introduced me to a new term: Parallel ...

"Every year at the holidays, millions of Americans partake in a whole parallel tradition: avoiding the ...
"... that one exhausting relative who treats every event as a chance to assault you with their fringe political ideas, hector you about your ...