ANN: MIDA - Vcl To FireMonkey converter - Available [Edit]

I am here to present the immediate availability of the best converter from VCL to Firemonkey.

More than 200 components converted to the nearest component firemonkey.

I remember that the two technologies are very different, can not ‘exist a true total conversion. but you can get a new project with a few change can be compiled in Firemonkey.

With the next versions will update the database conversion ( online ), for example when it is available for a real TRichEdit under FM, MIDA will convert automatically the old TRichEdit.

The time to create MIDA was rather long and complex.

The program is available at a price of:

99 Euro or 133 U.S. Dollar

for info and orders send an email at Mida.FireMonkey@gmail.com

Requests to extend the number of supported components can be made to the email above.

Best Regards.

http://midafiremonkey.wordpress.com
0
Mida

Do you have a sample application that has been converted?

You could post a vcl demo exe with the converted example.
0
Gilbert
10/6/2011 11:46:57 PM
VCL form :

http://midafiremonkey.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/vcl_v82.png

form converted in FM :

http://midafiremonkey.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/firemonkey_v82.png

for demo exe... i'm working a video on youtube for to see it.
0
Mida
10/6/2011 11:59:43 PM
Mida FireMonkey wrote:

> I am here to present the immediate availability of the best converter from VCL to Firemonkey.
>

> The program is available at a price of:
>
> 99 Euro or 133 U.S. Dollar

What is the name of the company?
In which country are you registered? European?
Is VAT included in above prices?
Do you sell to other EU countries "VAT Reverse charge"

Cheers
Tom

--
Tom Brunberg
firstname.surname@welho.com
Mida FireMonkey wrote:

> Tom you have mail.

Yeah, I read it.
No company name!
No company registration!
Sorry, no business!

Cheers
Tom

--
Tom Brunberg
firstname.surname@welho.com
0
Tom
10/9/2011 5:41:02 PM
FWIW, I think that not having a company is fine, and not being VAT registered is
fine too. But the person should be identifiable. On the other hand, you have to
weigh up the risk here - what might you lose if you never get the product? Strikes
me that the main thing required is a working demo, perhaps limited to the number of
components etc, or not saving. You have to prove that it works before people will
give you money.

/Matthew Jones/
0
Matthew
11/10/2011 6:13:36 PM
Matthew Jones wrote:

> FWIW, I think that not having a company is fine, and not being VAT registered is
> fine too.

Matthew,
Claming the price is VAT included but not being VAt registered tells me he is cheating.
If he is cheating on VAT he is possibly cheating on income tax as well.
I do not support any gray business - there's all too much of that in Europe. And based on recent
news about his country, he seems to have well adopted the mentality of the big guys.

> But the person should be identifiable. On the other hand, you have to
> weigh up the risk here - what might you lose if you never get the product? Strikes
> me that the main thing required is a working demo, perhaps limited to the number of
> components etc, or not saving. You have to prove that it works before people will
> give you money.

Agreed.

Cheers
Tom

--
Tom Brunberg
firstname.surname@welho.com
0
Tom
11/11/2011 7:24:16 AM
I was going to ask where the VAT entered into it, but I see Share-It add it. I
wonder if Share-It are the reseller here technically, but this does need to be
clarified. Such mistakes are easy when you are starting up, but they do need fixing
when pointed out.

/Matthew Jones/
0
Matthew
11/11/2011 9:10:15 AM
Matthew Jones wrote:

> I was going to ask where the VAT entered into it, but I see Share-It add it. I
> wonder if Share-It are the reseller here technically, but this does need to be
> clarified. Such mistakes are easy when you are starting up, but they do need fixing
> when pointed out.

Hi Matthew,
Yes. Well I have no idea about share-it, I never bought anything there.
I leave it to Mauro Botta to clarify.

Cheers
Tom

--
Tom Brunberg
firstname.surname@welho.com
0
Tom
11/11/2011 10:25:18 AM
ShareIt are resellers and are therefor required to charge VAT for customers
in the EU.

We use ShareIt and are VAT registered which basically means that we do not
have to collect/remit VAT on sales through ShareIt as they supposedly handle
this. Basically we receive the ex-VAT value of the sale.

I'm not 100% sure how it works if you are non-VAT registered, but I'd
imagine that, either way, the vendor receives the ex-VAT value and doesn't
need to declare it.

Ewan

"Matthew Jones"  wrote in message news:418991@forums.embarcadero.com...

I was going to ask where the VAT entered into it, but I see Share-It add it.
wonder if Share-It are the reseller here technically, but this does need to
be
clarified. Such mistakes are easy when you are starting up, but they do need
fixing
when pointed out.

/Matthew Jones/
0
Ewan
11/12/2011 2:40:36 AM
> I'm not 100% sure how it works if you are non-VAT registered, but I'd
> imagine that, either way, the vendor receives the ex-VAT value and
> doesn't
> need to declare it.
>
> Ewan

Correct.  It is simply that selling through a service will almost
certainly require the service to charge VAT.  You get the amount excluding
VAT, and minus comission.

Cheers,
David
0
David
11/15/2011 11:12:28 AM
Hi David,

> Correct.  It is simply that selling through a service will almost
> certainly require the service to charge VAT.  You get the amount excluding
> VAT, and minus comission.

And if you do not use a service like ShareIt, you have to do your own EU
VAT number checking, as I've implemented in Delphi some time ago, see
http://www.drbob42.com/examines/examinE2.htm

> Cheers,
> David

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner  Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller Eurozone
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
11/15/2011 12:50:26 PM
> {quote:title=Tom Brunberg wrote:}{quote}

> If he is cheating on VAT he is possibly cheating on income tax as well.

And what kind of business of yours is it?
0
smelly
11/15/2011 1:12:18 PM
smelly jelly wrote:

> > {quote:title=Tom Brunberg wrote:}{quote}
>
> > If he is cheating on VAT he is possibly cheating on income tax as well.
>
> And what kind of business of yours is it?

you are kiding right?
0
jo
11/15/2011 5:32:18 PM
> {quote:title=jo ko wrote:}{quote}

> > And what kind of business of yours is it?
>
> you are kiding right?

No, it's none of your business if I pay my taxes properly (if at all).
0
smelly
11/15/2011 10:10:43 PM
smelly jelly wrote:

> > {quote:title=jo ko wrote:}{quote}
>
> > > And what kind of business of yours is it?
> >
> > you are kiding right?
>
> No, it's none of your business if I pay my taxes properly (if at all).

If you leave in the same comunity/country as I am it is my bussiness. I"m not
willing to soldier your own responsibilities as well as mine. Pull your own
weight.

Of course you can always opt to not use any of the community services like
hospitals, roads, schools and anything else that is financed partly or in all
by taxes including police and law protection.
0
jo
11/16/2011 12:33:06 AM
smelly jelly wrote:

> > {quote:title=Tom Brunberg wrote:}{quote}
>
> > If he is cheating on VAT he is possibly cheating on income tax as well.
>
> And what kind of business of yours is it?

I simply never do business with freeriders, and I never touch smelly jelly

--
Tom Brunberg
firstname.surname@welho.com
0
Tom

ANN: Mida 2.0 - Source code converter for FireMonkey - New Site
Great news, finally the new Mida 2.0 is available. *Mida 1.x has been incredible for the excellent conversion of visual components from VCL to FireMonkey*, the work was important, but thanks to your many suggestions and comments we have reached an excellent result. *In Mida 2.0 the target is to update the Delphi source code is not compatible with FireMonkey.* We have already converted thousands of lines of source and we noticed that the incompatibilities with the new framework are many. For example none of these lines of code runs on FireMonkey : +01.Label1.Caption :...

ANN: Mida 2.0 - Source code converter for FireMonkey - New Site
Great news, finally the new Mida 2.0 is available. *Mida 1.x has been incredible for the excellent conversion of visual components from VCL to FireMonkey*, the work was important, but thanks to your many suggestions and comments we have reached an excellent result. *In Mida 2.0 the target is to update the Delphi source code is not compatible with FireMonkey.* We have already converted thousands of lines of source and we noticed that the incompatibilities with the new framework are many. For example none of these lines of code runs on FireMonkey : +01.Label1.Caption :...

Ann: Architecture/dependency management tool, Structure101, supports Delphi [Edit]
If you have a need to either better understand your "architecture", better communicate it to the team or just want to refactor it so its easier to understand, maintain and extend you might like to try Structure101 and Restructure101. Both are JOLT award-winning products and have been around for a number of years in the Java and .Net domains. We have just added support for Delphi. You will need a copy of either ModelMaker from http://www.modelmakertools.com/ or Understand from http://www.scitools.com to parse your Delphi code. Once you have installed Structure101 or Restruc...

ANN: Mida Converter 4.2
*We are pleased to present the availability of Mida V. 4.2 for Delphi XE2 / XE3 / XE4 / XE5 / XE6 and C++ Builder XE2 / XE3 / XE4 / XE5 / XE6* *What's Mida* Mida is a complete converter of Embarcadero Delphi and C++ Builder VCL applications to FireMonkey applications. It is able to fully convert over 200 components with more being added in each new release. It fully supports and updates the data modules updating the .pas, .cpp, and .dpr files in both Delphi and C++ Builder. VCL Framework and FireMonkey frameworks are very different and in some cases single click conversions are not...

ANN: FireDataGrid 1.0 beta 3 for Delphi XE6 (Firemonkey) has been released! [Edit]
Dear colleagues, we are pleased to announce that version FireDataGrid 1.0 beta 3 for Delphi XE6 (Firemonkey) has been released. Version is quite stable and can be considered as a release candidate. This demo version adds two examples. MultiSelectDemo - demonstrates the ability to work in several selection modes (single row, multiple rows, single cell many cells, selection with rubber band and etc.). CustomEditorDemo - demonstrates the ability to embed custom cell editor to the grid view. In the example are being reviewed two options of the editors, based on embedded TControl and direct int...

ANN: Localizer 4.1.0
We are glad to announce Localizer 4.1.0 release. Localizer is a localization/globalization tool kit for applications written in CodeGear (Borland) Delphi or C++ Builder . Using it you can get one executable file that supports as many languages as you want. Localizer can process all string resources in your project: properties of components on forms, resource string constants, VCL messages and messages from third-party packages. You can also change size and position of the controls in different languages. Support for additional language(s) can be added without recompilation of the proje...

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

[...]

ANN: wxForms for Delphi

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2 [Edit]
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewri...

ANN: Delphi HTML Reports preview

Web resources about - ANN: MIDA - Vcl To FireMonkey converter - Available [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.tools

firemonkeys - iMore