Fast Reports - Inherited reports

Hello,

I’ve got a problem with Fast Reports and inherited reports. I use the stable Fast Reports version 4.9 for CodeGear 2009.

I’ve got three Reports. The first one is my base report. This report contains a report title, a column header and a page footer.
The second one is inherited from the base report. This report contains also a group header, a master data and a group footer.
Up to this point everything works fine, because when I change the colour of the report title in the base report, it is also changed in the second report.

The problem is the third report. My third report is inherited from the second report.
If I add any object on the third report, a new band or anything else, then all properties of every inherited object in this report is overwritten. But I didn't change any property of an inherited object. So if I change the colour in the report title of the base report, the report title in the third report has the old colour.

Has anybody the same problem?

I hope you can help me.

Kind regards
0
Daniel

Any idea?
0
Daniel
3/19/2010 3:23:22 PM
Dear Daniel Tschorn!

Sorry for answer delay. I was in a week's leave (and in a week road show
week before).

Yes, it was the bug. Ticket 180472.

Solved at 15th of March. You can use current build with this fix (before
release).
But you will need inherit reports one more time.

"Daniel Tschorn" wrote: news:220353@forums.embarcadero.com...

--
Best regards,
 Michael Philippenko         mailto:michael@fast-report.com

about report reports generation and emailing reports
hi i am a bit new to Bugzilla, i am using 2.18rc3version. and i am facing two problems with report generation. 1) the checksetup.pl shows all the perl modules includig optional perl modules to be installed and available including thse required for graphical report generation. but despite this i am able to get tabular reports generated but when i click for line/bar reports of the same tabular report the next page does not show the required pie/bar reports. 2) is there any facility for sending these generated reports to the client via email through Bugzilla? kindly help. regards...

Fast Report or Rave Report?
Hello, i just started to use Delphi XE2. Now i want to start to print some reports from within a Delphi application. While looking at the help i saw that there are to report tools. Fast Report and Rave Report. Which one should i use? Which is more commonly used, newer, better or preferably used? Which one is easier to deploy. > {quote:title=Magnus Mueller wrote:}{quote} > > While looking at the help i saw that there are to report tools. Fast Report and Rave Report. > > Which one should i use? Which is more commonly used, newer, better or preferably used? >...

Report Control (report viewer and report designer)
Hi there! ive looked over the forums and other websites that you referred but i dont have any luck for reports. i created a page that has simple data-entry, aside from that, i do want to have a printable report on what are the items i have added this day. i am using a report designer (rdlc) and a report viewer, which is in a aspx page. ive explored how it works for a simple select statement but i want to know how it will work for parameter passing. a referral for a tutorial website for the report viewer and report designer is very much appreciated. or if you want to share your...

A report inside a report
Hello, I have a decent understanding of .net 1.1 and up until now I have never worked with crystal reports. I need to modify an existing report at my job. The modification that needs to be made seems to be a tricky one. Right now the report is straight foward datagrid style. Each row has one value in each field. Now comes the change... There is a one to many relationship with one of the fields meaning there needs to be a display of multiple indicators per row. So each row can have multiple indicators. So I would like to list each indicator based on the id of each row. So one row can ha...

Reporting and Report Data
I have a few questions about reports.   First, can anyone tell me where the customer datat is stored. I assume it is on the momsql01  server but in which database is the live data stored? I have checked a few and cant seem to locate any accurate data about customers on the system.   Also, i am running  a unmolested 3.5 HMC install with a few customers on it. IM pulling up the reporting pages and under cumulative reports and im not seeing accurate numbers. (to be more accurate HOME>Hosted Messaging and Colab Services Reports>Cumulative Reports) If i click on a ...

fast report very slow opening report
delphi xe6 update 1. after the update i reinstalled fast report , then the opening of a report inside a form became very slow , any idea? beppe Hi, My PC very slow works time to time. Any idea? I have idea: Send your report to our support team for review with as detail as possible descriprion of system. 22.06.2014 2:00, giuseppe magistro wrote: > delphi xe6 update 1. > > after the update i reinstalled fast report , then the opening of a report inside a form became very slow , any idea? > > beppe > -- Best regards, Michael Philippenko ...

scripts to convert reporting services report to pdf of 40+ reports
Dear all, I have 40+ reports in reporting services. Is there any scripts to convert these reports with passing parameters to pdf and save in the folder scheduledly? As user will be very uneasy to go to the web site and click for each report everytime in reporting service site. Thanks you for your help!!! Hi, From your description, you are wondering how to export the report to the pdf without viewing the report in browser. If so, we could achieve it via the following code.        Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer rview = new Microsoft.Reporti...

display reporting services report in report viewer in remote mode
Hi  I have some problem in displaying a report done through reporting services in asp.net 2.0 report viewer server control for remote processing mode.I have created a Reporting Services project through Business Intelligence Development Studio and another Web application project in VS 2005. I have take a Report Viewer control on a form to view report created in the reporting services project. I have set the Processing mode of Report Viewer to Remote, have set ReportServerURL to "http://localhost/ReportServer" and Report Path as the "/(Reporting service proje...

Crystal Report Report on ASP.net page, report formatting
Hello, I am new in ASP.net/C# 2.0 and Cristal Report, I would like to create some reports using crystal report, my question is: When I build a webpage with report created by Crystal reports, can I print only the report and be well formatted (for paper print), and if, possible, printed in pdf and other format?   Thank a lot for your useful suggestions.   Hello, any help will be very appreciated.   Thank...

How can I cahnge the report header before i load the report into the report viewer?
That is basically it... Thanx in advance What are you trying to change? The report title, the items in the header, etc... Basically, in CR.NET you can't add new objects to the report during runtime. However, you can modify existing objects by setting a reference to them and then changing the properties. I have ample source code in my free ebook that teaches you how to modify the different properties of each report object. www.CrystalReportsBook.com?cpgn=asp.net HTH, Brian Bischof Brian Bischof www.CrystalReportsBook.com ...

How to call Sub report from main report with main report parameters
Using SSRS 2008 i have implemented a chart and i have passed parameters to chart properties --> jump report and i implemented a subreport. when ever i am clicking main report chart its redirecting to subreport but its not taking the parameters once again i need to select the subreport parameters then only its working.   Can any one help me how to move to the subreport along with parameters.   Thanks in advance  For further help with SSRS, you could ask at:SQL Server Team http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/ SQL Server Central http://www.sqlservercentral.com/ SQL Server at M...

ANN: Delphi HTML Reports preview

View Microsoft Reporting Services Reports in Delphi
Do you ever think (or can) Delphi take the leap of providing a report viewer for Microsoft Reporting Services RDL reports. I have been using Fast Reports for years. Recently I have been developing MS Reports and Cubes. This is a far better alternative for developers and end users than the current solutions written for Delphi. Can someone comment on this or provide an alternative for me? Or even better provide me with a product that 3rd party product that can view ms reports. Delphi need to take the next step in medium to enterprise reporting and what I see, lags behind in this department. ...

Web resources about - Fast Reports - Inherited reports - embarcadero.delphi.reporting

A tax on large inherited windfall gains should be a part of any fair taxation system
The '70s have a great deal to answer for – John Farnham, Billy McMahon, and Australia’s foolish decision to scrap death duties.

Aussie scientists cure inherited disease

Assessing capital gains tax on inherited shares
It all depends on the date of the original purchase.

The man who inherited the Rothschild legend
JAMES Wolfensohn had led an extraordinary life among the world's movers and shakers.

Inherited properties may be subject to capital gains tax
... if you inherit property to ensure you are meeting your tax obligations. The exception to this is where a principle place of residence is inherited. ...

Fear can be inherited through sperm
Father mice trained to fear the smell of cherry blossoms can pass that fear on to their offspring through changes to the behaviour of their genes, ...

How MasterCard's CMO Inherited a Legacy and Evolved With Consumers
When Raja Rajamannar joined MasterCard as CMO in 2010, he faced the same challenge as many marketers starting a new job: whether to change an ...

New evidence that autism is inherited, rather than induced by vaccines
Increasingly, evidence from neurologic research is pointing to the fact that autism is inherited, and that children with autism have abnormalities ...

Can Fears Be Inherited?
Dana Smith gets excited about a study suggesting that fear memories may be heritable through little-understood epigenetic processes: In the ...

Inherited money
Prof. Mankiw makes the case that inherited money is good for the economy. Who cares? It's their money to do whatever they want with it. They ...