Fast Report or Rave Report?

Hello,

i just started to use Delphi XE2. Now i want to start to print some reports from within a Delphi application.

While looking at the help i saw that there are to report tools. Fast Report and Rave Report.

Which one should i use? Which is more commonly used, newer, better or preferably used?

Which one is easier to deploy.
0
Magnus

> {quote:title=Magnus Mueller wrote:}{quote}
>
> While looking at the help i saw that there are to report tools. Fast Report and Rave Report.
>
> Which one should i use? Which is more commonly used, newer, better or preferably used?
>
> Which one is easier to deploy.

I've used both, Rave with D5 way back circa 2003 / 2004, after that and currently Fast Reports. I'm pretty much happy with the latter, the only reporting task I kept in Rave after purchasing FR was a code based report sent to a dot matrix printer. I wouldn't go for Rave.

--
Best,
Carlos
> {quote:title=Carlos Tre wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Magnus Mueller wrote:}{quote}
> >
> > While looking at the help i saw that there are to report tools. Fast Report and Rave Report.
> >
> > Which one should i use? Which is more commonly used, newer, better or preferably used?
> >
> > Which one is easier to deploy.
>
> I've used both, Rave with D5 way back circa 2003 / 2004, after that and currently Fast Reports. I'm pretty much happy with the latter, the only reporting task I kept in Rave after purchasing FR was a code based report sent to a dot matrix printer. I wouldn't go for Rave.
>
> --
> Best,
> Carlos

I use Rave because of the Code based aspects (RVSystem component). I find it the best way to create reports.

George
0
George
1/21/2012 5:03:47 PM
Rave Reports is basically only included with XE2 as a courtesy to legacy users. It is no longer supported, and there is only the remotest of chances that it will be picked up again (unfortunately). FR would be the option of choice.

> {quote:title=Magnus Mueller wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> i just started to use Delphi XE2. Now i want to start to print some reports from within a Delphi application.
>
> While looking at the help i saw that there are to report tools. Fast Report and Rave Report.
>
> Which one should i use? Which is more commonly used, newer, better or preferably used?
>
> Which one is easier to deploy.
0
Brent
1/22/2012 6:15:58 PM
Has anyone had any luck ordering from Rave?  I finally got a quote on Rave 8, but it is not supported in XE2 and they are long overdue with a promised Rave 10.  And the fact they are not fixing the web site makes me leary of sending them money.  I guess I'll have to convert to Fast Reports.
0
Gordon
4/5/2012 1:55:02 PM
If you are evaluating options, I invite you to download a trial version of
ReportBuilder.

Trial download

http://digital-metaphors.com/download/

Product overview

http://digital-metaphors.com/products/

rbWiki

http://www.digital-metaphors.com/rbWiki/

-
Nard Moseley
Digital Metaphors
www.digital-metaphors.com
0
Nard
4/10/2012 9:27:03 PM
Trust me.  Run, don't walk away from Rave.

I've had great results with FastReport.  I've heard positive comments on DevExpress Printing as well as Report Builder, however I can only recommend FastReport.  One nice thing is now you'll have an additional base of customers that get the Embarcadero edition of FR with their IDE's when buying XE2 and I hope it continues forward.

I had upgraded to Rave BEX 7 and was promised a free upgrade to 8.  Two + years later I got an email from this sports company with my 8 upgrade codes. I've heard people saying they want people to fax their credit card #'s to some other fax #.

Frankly, if a company can't take a few hours over the process of the 2-3 years that their website "was recovered from a server crash" to make it working, then obviously, they probably don't have time to support their product.

Lance

> {quote:title=Gordon Niessen wrote:}{quote}
> Has anyone had any luck ordering from Rave?  I finally got a quote on Rave 8, but it is not supported in XE2 and they are long overdue with a promised Rave 10.  And the fact they are not fixing the web site makes me leary of sending them money.  I guess I'll have to convert to Fast Reports.
0
Lance

about report reports generation and emailing reports
hi i am a bit new to Bugzilla, i am using 2.18rc3version. and i am facing two problems with report generation. 1) the checksetup.pl shows all the perl modules includig optional perl modules to be installed and available including thse required for graphical report generation. but despite this i am able to get tabular reports generated but when i click for line/bar reports of the same tabular report the next page does not show the required pie/bar reports. 2) is there any facility for sending these generated reports to the client via email through Bugzilla? kindly help. regards...

Fast Reports
Hello, I’ve got a problem with Fast Reports and inherited reports. I use the stable Fast Reports version 4.9 for CodeGear 2009. I’ve got three Reports. The first one is my base report. This report contains a report title, a column header and a page footer. The second one is inherited from the base report. This report contains also a group header, a master data and a group footer. Up to this point everything works fine, because when I change the colour of the report title in the base report, it is also changed in the second report. The problem is the third report. My third report i...

Report Control (report viewer and report designer)
Hi there! ive looked over the forums and other websites that you referred but i dont have any luck for reports. i created a page that has simple data-entry, aside from that, i do want to have a printable report on what are the items i have added this day. i am using a report designer (rdlc) and a report viewer, which is in a aspx page. ive explored how it works for a simple select statement but i want to know how it will work for parameter passing. a referral for a tutorial website for the report viewer and report designer is very much appreciated. or if you want to share your...

Reporting and Report Data
I have a few questions about reports.   First, can anyone tell me where the customer datat is stored. I assume it is on the momsql01  server but in which database is the live data stored? I have checked a few and cant seem to locate any accurate data about customers on the system.   Also, i am running  a unmolested 3.5 HMC install with a few customers on it. IM pulling up the reporting pages and under cumulative reports and im not seeing accurate numbers. (to be more accurate HOME>Hosted Messaging and Colab Services Reports>Cumulative Reports) If i click on a ...

A report inside a report
Hello, I have a decent understanding of .net 1.1 and up until now I have never worked with crystal reports. I need to modify an existing report at my job. The modification that needs to be made seems to be a tricky one. Right now the report is straight foward datagrid style. Each row has one value in each field. Now comes the change... There is a one to many relationship with one of the fields meaning there needs to be a display of multiple indicators per row. So each row can have multiple indicators. So I would like to list each indicator based on the id of each row. So one row can ha...

fast report very slow opening report
delphi xe6 update 1. after the update i reinstalled fast report , then the opening of a report inside a form became very slow , any idea? beppe Hi, My PC very slow works time to time. Any idea? I have idea: Send your report to our support team for review with as detail as possible descriprion of system. 22.06.2014 2:00, giuseppe magistro wrote: > delphi xe6 update 1. > > after the update i reinstalled fast report , then the opening of a report inside a form became very slow , any idea? > > beppe > -- Best regards, Michael Philippenko ...

display reporting services report in report viewer in remote mode
Hi  I have some problem in displaying a report done through reporting services in asp.net 2.0 report viewer server control for remote processing mode.I have created a Reporting Services project through Business Intelligence Development Studio and another Web application project in VS 2005. I have take a Report Viewer control on a form to view report created in the reporting services project. I have set the Processing mode of Report Viewer to Remote, have set ReportServerURL to "http://localhost/ReportServer" and Report Path as the "/(Reporting service proje...

scripts to convert reporting services report to pdf of 40+ reports
Dear all, I have 40+ reports in reporting services. Is there any scripts to convert these reports with passing parameters to pdf and save in the folder scheduledly? As user will be very uneasy to go to the web site and click for each report everytime in reporting service site. Thanks you for your help!!! Hi, From your description, you are wondering how to export the report to the pdf without viewing the report in browser. If so, we could achieve it via the following code.        Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer rview = new Microsoft.Reporti...

Crystal Report Report on ASP.net page, report formatting
Hello, I am new in ASP.net/C# 2.0 and Cristal Report, I would like to create some reports using crystal report, my question is: When I build a webpage with report created by Crystal reports, can I print only the report and be well formatted (for paper print), and if, possible, printed in pdf and other format?   Thank a lot for your useful suggestions.   Hello, any help will be very appreciated.   Thank...

How can I cahnge the report header before i load the report into the report viewer?
That is basically it... Thanx in advance What are you trying to change? The report title, the items in the header, etc... Basically, in CR.NET you can't add new objects to the report during runtime. However, you can modify existing objects by setting a reference to them and then changing the properties. I have ample source code in my free ebook that teaches you how to modify the different properties of each report object. www.CrystalReportsBook.com?cpgn=asp.net HTH, Brian Bischof Brian Bischof www.CrystalReportsBook.com ...

How to call Sub report from main report with main report parameters
Using SSRS 2008 i have implemented a chart and i have passed parameters to chart properties --> jump report and i implemented a subreport. when ever i am clicking main report chart its redirecting to subreport but its not taking the parameters once again i need to select the subreport parameters then only its working.   Can any one help me how to move to the subreport along with parameters.   Thanks in advance  For further help with SSRS, you could ask at:SQL Server Team http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/ SQL Server Central http://www.sqlservercentral.com/ SQL Server at M...

ANN: Delphi HTML Reports preview

Web resources about - Fast Report or Rave Report? - embarcadero.delphi.reporting

Latest Marketing, Tech, Social Media, and Blog Marketing Finds - The Friday Traffic Report
The Friday Traffic Report Home Blog Subscribe! About Jack and Jim Website Promotion Social, Tech, Marketing News Subscribe Now Latest Marketing, ...

Mile High Report - For Denver Broncos Fans
MileHighReport(MHR) is the ultimate independent resource for the Denver Broncos on the web. Along with MHR Radio, the official podcast of MHR, ...

the rajam report
… I kept having trouble with understanding what “mode” I was in, for lack of a better term. Specifically, it was weird that “glances” could only ...

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere
Rasmussen Reports - The best place to look for polls that are spot on

Insider Trading Report - Institutional Ownership & Insider Trades
Crude Futures Break Below $60, Supply Glut, Weak Demand... Asia Continues to Rally, India Shines, China...

Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2012-06-04/Special report - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Twenty female Wikimedia editors from around the world gathered at the National University of La Plata in Buenos Aires, Argentina, from 23–25 ...

Shorten denies pre-empting union report
OPPOSITION Leader Bill Shorten denies Labor is pre-empting the final report of the royal commission into trade union corruption by proposing ...

Report offers more evidence Apple is moving to OLED iPhone displays
... it looks more and more certain that at least some of Apple's future iPhones will be equipped with AMOLED displays instead of LCDs. A new report ...

Muslims in U.S. report spike in Islamaphobic discrimination
One Muslim-American woman described being spit at while in the car with her 9-month-old daughter

Father of San Bernardino shooter says son supported ISIS, newspaper reports
CNN Father of San Bernardino shooter says son supported ISIS, newspaper reports CNN (CNN) The father of Syed Rizwan Farook told an Italian ...